The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

Well of course it's not Dungeon Defenders, but it's what you chose to focus on when you ignored him. I play GW2 and have been enjoying it, but I'm not quite understanding what the issue is with plopping down a turret, letting it kill crap, rise-lather-repeat. He's not doing an area denial since everyone gets experience/loot regardless of who gets the first shot/hit in. Where is it ruining the experience of others?

Have we not been over this enough? Sheesh. The Dungeon Defenders comment was the tipping point that led to me realizing he has NOTHING useful to say.

As far as the other guy, I thought I made it clear. If your playstyle makes you look like a bot, and you're basically AFKing so you're not responding to in game messages or tells, then don't be surprised when the GMs think you're a bot and act accordingly.

... will sometimes passively farm. I have a feeling i'd get banned.

Yep, it's a certain kind of person that likes Hunters in games, just for this reason. The kind of person I can't stand. It's funny, in the few WoW guilds I had been in, it was always the hunters causing issues. "fucking so and so, why did your pet pull..." etc.

Not to mention they are typically lazy.

Well of course it's not Dungeon Defenders, but it's what you chose to focus on when you ignored him. I play GW2 and have been enjoying it, but I'm not quite understanding what the issue is with plopping down a turret, letting it kill crap, rise-lather-repeat. He's not doing an area denial since everyone gets experience/loot regardless of who gets the first shot/hit in. Where is it ruining the experience of others?

People, the issue is with people getting suspended for using third party tools and macros to camp these zones, so they level while they are out in real life and not in front of the computer.

People who are going to an area, dropping a turret down, letting it kill crap, and re-upping that turret after it's done are NOT the ones who are getting suspended.

It's the botters/AFK'ers, and people who are acting like bots. If you're playing the game with out of game mechanics, how are you surprised you will be investigated for abnormal behavior?

Yep, it's a certain kind of person that likes Hunters in games, just for this reason. The kind of person I can't stand. It's funny, in the few WoW guilds I had been in, it was always the hunters causing issues. "fucking so and so, why did your pet pull..." etc.

Not to mention they are typically lazy.

lol seen plenty of those. I enjoyed being a lazy hunter in raids because i could, but hunter IMO is just the tits in PvP. Aimed shot, before the broke it at 70, was just too much fun.

I don't think it's meant to make any sense, just to get an answer probably. The guy who answered it answered it "wrong" twice.

Anyway, I think I'm done with this thread. [H] has really gone downhill with the bitching and moaning in general. Every game is met with an inane amount of grumbling. PC Gaming forum should be renamed to PC Complaining.

aggreed

No, the problem with society today is total faith in authority. "Sure, take my personal information! I've got nothing to hide, therefore I have nothing to fear! You get them terrorists!" I've emphasized the complete logical failure in that line of thinking.

It's up to the citizen to call the government on its bullshit, and, if necessary, to rebel against it to protect their rights. The gamer/developer relationship is similar in some ways.

And without government, it would be a nation of anarchy and destruction. Let's not turn this into a political debate. The government has nothing to do with this.

Most of us are in the [SaF] guild. (Smoke and Fire) on the Borlis Pass server. You can message me (ingame name is Graydin) and I can put you in contact with an officer. I forget their names at the moment. I wont be on for another couple hrs though.

Sigh, well I guess I'm not going to be playing any today :(.

I go to login, it sits there at "Waiting to authorize" , I get an email telling me that I need to authorize it as it's unrecognized (funny, I've been playing from this same IP/address for the past 5 days just fine....) and when I try to authroize it the webpage just states "
Failure

An error occurred with your request.
"

So now I got to wait for anets cs, which is terrible (put a ticket in the first day of headstart, never got a response and they even sent me a bloody survey like 4 days later).

Sigh, well I guess I'm not going to be playing any today :(.

I go to login, it sits there at "Waiting to authorize" , I get an email telling me that I need to authorize it as it's unrecognized (funny, I've been playing from this same IP/address for the past 5 days just fine....) and when I try to authroize it the webpage just states "
Failure

An error occurred with your request.
"

So now I got to wait for anets cs, which is terrible (put a ticket in the first day of headstart, never got a response and they even sent me a bloody survey like 4 days later).
I had this same problem with the error, after about 3 tries it finally succeeded.

Well after a week long debate with myself, after watching twitch.tv channels of GW2, and reading the threads....I decided I would buy the game and try it.

So far at level 5, its pretty fun. There looks to be like ALOT of things to do...hopefully the servers stay packed, because I think seeing so many people is what has me interested in the game, and having random groups playing together :)

Ha ha well Arenanet just banned Kungen's guild members for making food and vendoring it + the Mystic weapons exploit Gaiden mentioned below. Seems that Arenanet is going to ban 3,000+ players for cooking food and the weapons. These guys are getting permabanned.

http://www.twitch.tv/kungentv

Last edited:
FYI, everyone, make sure you don't engage in obvious game exploits. ANet can easily track who did what and dish out punishments, as we've seen. The karma/gold gain is not worth a 3 day suspension or perma-ban. Just report it and move along.

Apparently, there was a mistake on ANet's part earlier today of having a vendor selling level 60 exotic/gold weapons for 21 Karma (paltry amount at a level 50-60, I have about 22K at 50). They fixed it, but dished out perma bans to those who bought hundreds to thousands of the weapons, and who used the Mystic Forge to craft more exotics for their own gain.

Pretty harsh overall, but it looks like people who bought several (even, 50) and used Mystic once or twice received 72 hour suspensions. People who abused it pretty bad (>100-2000), I mean, really... what were you expecting? They obviously can find you. Granted, it was their mistake, but that's going overboard on a obvious mis-label feature.

Edit: They're on Reddit now with those who are screaming outrage, and are basically saying: "If you want to know the exact number, post your char name. If you were suspended, it wasn't a small amount. But you were not terminated, so it wasn't enormous, either. The actions are measured against the level of the offense."

My character is called Xysis Netherind and i openly admit i exploited, write the number down if you feel it need, but i got nothing from it but mats which are sitting nice and happily inside my bank that if you wish to, you may take from the bank and do what ever you want with them and give me a 72 hour ban, not a perm ban. In no way did this get me exp, money or anything else but mats that are sat there not being used at all. Giving a perm ban considering all that, especially seeing as i just hit 80 from pure work alone, is harsh and extremely unreasonable from your side. Ridiculous lets be honest.

ANet: You were well over the top on the number of times you used the exploit: 123 times.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/...d_for_buying_a_few_21_karma/c616zd6?context=3

Last edited:
I don't think it's meant to make any sense, just to get an answer probably. The guy who answered it answered it "wrong" twice.

Anyway, I think I'm done with this thread. [H] has really gone downhill with the bitching and moaning in general. Every game is met with an inane amount of grumbling. PC Gaming forum should be renamed to PC Complaining.

The problem with [H] is exactly the opposite... There's this mob mentality especially with mmos that you can't ever criticize it. The whole situation is a Fucking mess yet you think it's bad to talk about it. The thread will be better off without that childish shit. Unfortunately half the people now bitching where doing the same shit as you a month ago.

The problem with [H] is exactly the opposite... There's this mob mentality especially with mmos that you can't ever criticize it. The whole situation is a Fucking mess yet you think it's bad to talk about it. The thread will be better off without that childish shit. Unfortunately half the people now bitching where doing the same shit as you a month ago.

I disagree. I think if you want to constantly criticize a game, make a thread for criticizing on that game. Look at the swtor thread for instance, people just kept bashing and bashing over and over until it got to the point that if you posted in that thread, you had four or so people calling you an idiot for even playing the game. I understand you want to voice your opinion, and the fan boys want to voice theirs. Why do it in the same thread? It just derails the thread and never ends up in civil/polite thoughtful discussion. Now if someone is spreading fud or exagerating or whatever, then yeah, bust their ass. But for christs sake people, every single game release post on this forum is full of people calling the people playing it idiots, and its annoying as hell.

Yeah, mob mentality is a good description.
I disagree. I think if you want to constantly criticize a game, make a thread for criticizing on that game. Look at the swtor thread for instance, people just kept bashing and bashing over and over until it got to the point that if you posted in that thread, you had four or so people calling you an idiot for even playing the game. I understand you want to voice your opinion, and the fan boys want to voice theirs. Why do it in the same thread? It just derails the thread and never ends up in civil/polite thoughtful discussion. Now if someone is spreading fud or exagerating or whatever, then yeah, bust their ass. But for christs sake people, every single game release post on this forum is full of people calling the people playing it idiots, and its annoying as hell.

I tried, but the fantroll mob followed and crapped up my thread.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1714067

Look at people who talk about "Apple" in a positive light, or "Samsung" in a negative light and you will quickly see the direction the general [H] mentality is gravitating towards. Sickening.

Anet has temporarily stopped selling the game on the Guild Wars 2 website, apparently to keep the servers from getting to crowded. So I guess they were serious in that interview the other day.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You think there should be a thread to talk about problems and a thread for nothing but praise... That's Fucking ridiculous. That's the problem in a nutshell, say something bad about the game "you're spreading fud"...

What these threads are full of is disgusting fanboys that think you're only entitled to an opinion if it is positive when it comes to their current obsession. Anything else and you're ganged up on by the mmo cult.

I haven't said anything positive or negative about this game yet as I'm waiting to play.

So I don't understand why you think having two or more threads is fucking ridiculous. I fail to see the logic in continuing to come to game threads with people who like the game and fanboys, and try to start arguments. State your hate and move on, but in this thread and just about every other thread on [H] it devolves into the two polarizations, where you have one group calling the other group idiots for playing, and the other group calling people who don't like the game idiots. I don't see the point. Are you trying to get converts? Do you get money when you convert enough one side or the other? I just want to read about the game because I can't play it, and I have to wade through dozens of pages of "this opinion is better" bull shit.Frankly I think there should be like 10 threads or more for games to separate the different degrees of like/hate....

I just want to read about the game because I can't play it

i'd watch streams on twitch if i were u. forums are where people post their opinions, questions, and all the above. best thing for no bullshit stuff about the game is watch people play it.

Ugghh, I'm in a hardened building and limited to a 2k connection, which is only barely enough for text. Which is odd now that I think about it, since my first modem was 300 bps and I ran a bbs with that speed...hmmm

i'm gonna create an mmo where the object of the game is to find all the exploits you possibly can

apparently, thats what gamers want these days

sad commentary..and they wonder why the mmo genre is dying

all i want is the bloody auction house to work..sheesh

This game is fucking awesome.

That is all.

so much of this...if you are on the fence with buying this game you are doing yourself an injustice not playing it. There is just so much stuff to do. I look forward to the 3 day weekend just so I can get some hardcore playtime in.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. You think there should be a thread to talk about problems and a thread for nothing but praise... That's Fucking ridiculous. That's the problem in a nutshell, say something bad about the game "you're spreading fud"...

What these threads are full of is disgusting fanboys that think you're only entitled to an opinion if it is positive when it comes to their current obsession. Anything else and you're ganged up on by the mmo cult.

I've got zero problems, and I'm sure the majority of others on [H], with talking about problems in a game; the majority of the "problems" brought up weren't problems but fud. Spreading fud then saying "it's my opinion" is plain and simple trolling and that needs to be called out. If you were 100% honest and wanting to try and not be biased you should at least be willing to hear and try another's suggestion on how things might be improved.

I gave D3 another try after the patch and it didn't really fix the main problems I had with the game so guess what? I moved on and took up TSW and am loving that game. However, you don't see me in the D3 thread bashing others, spreading fud, and what have you. I talked about the discontent, others stated that patch 1.4 fixed many of their concerns, it didn't with me so I moved on. What point is there in repeatedly bringing up the same points ad nauseum over and over again, especially when it has been brought up multiple times my multiple different people that your wrong and trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. Truly, the only reason for that is for trolling purposes.

Talking about and discussing legitimate problems are extremely helpful in tracking down bugs, exploits, system problems, etc...and can lead to healthy debate and ways on fixing or changing things for the better. Spreading fud and using hyperbole to express your frustration does nothing but cloud the issues and keep developers from listening to their fan base because the legitimate issues keep getting clouded up because of people abusing the forums to express their hyperbolic, rancid, and to be honest their lies. It is hard to be civil with all of the hyperbole and cancerous rhetoric.

For me, I'm loving the game. It is fun, beautiful, and the combat is even more engaging and strategic than that found in TSW. I'll continue playing both because I want to see the story play out in TSW but for now GW2 is my current favorite. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

So I'm playing now, and the game is pretty fun. controls are taking some getting used to, but not bad. I went with a human elementalist. Figured it'd be fun to start with, I'm not very big on PvP, so I'm not too worried about that.

Is there a bank someplace? My inventory is full of crap, mostly mats from killing stuff. Should I go ahead and sell them? or should I try to save them all and start crafting once I get up to a higher level?

I was on the fence about this until my friends talked me into it. I really did not like the first game, but I've been enjoying this one.

Right click on the gear in your inventory, click deposit all collectibles. Deposits mats to your bank. Salvage the salvageable stuff, sell the actual items for money.

After playing the game more I gotta say one of its mains faults and things that annoy me are the controls and camera. Turning with A and D just feels so sluggish. Its really bad I wish it was a lot more precise and fast, its just really annoying. It also seems to me that the camera wants to focus itself pointing down. If they can tighten up the controls it would make this game so much better.

Edit also as I just noticed that the sudden camera shift as my charater gets closer and father away from in game objects doesnt work well at all.

After playing the game more I gotta say one of its mains faults and things that annoy me are the controls and camera. Turning with A and D just feels so sluggish. Its really bad I wish it was a lot more precise and fast, its just really annoying. It also seems to me that the camera wants to focus itself pointing down. If they can tighten up the controls it would make this game so much better.

Edit also as I just noticed that the sudden camera shift as my charater gets closer and father away from in game objects doesnt work well at all.

Hold down the right mouse button and move the mouse to turn. Go into the game options and crank up the mouse sensitivity first, otherwise it is really slow.

holy cow this game is huge. First MMO for me, though. It looks awesome at 2560x1440 and runs great on high settings on a Radeon 6950.

You can't even buy a digital copy of Guild Wars 2 right now? Wtf?
I think that was to alleviate server overload so it won't hurt the enjoyment for the rest of us. To many on one sever just kills the performance of said server.

I'm glad they chose to go that route instead of opening up more servers and then having to consolidate them later on like some other MMO's have done in the past.

I think that was to alleviate server overload so it won't hurt the enjoyment for the rest of us. To many on one sever just kills the performance of said server.

I'm glad they chose to go that route instead of opening up more servers and then having to consolidate them later on like some other MMO's have done in the past.

Interesting concept for alleviating server load. Pull your game off the shelf while it has the most buzz in the industry and it's best sales period. No wonder NCSoft is failing at keeping customers for every other game in their stable besides Guild Wars.

Seems like it would be better to bring another server online and announce that it is an overflow server for new accounts. After the initial rush is over they will give those people free transfers to another server of their choosing. I just can't fathom a meeting about server population ending in with the best solution being to pull the game from the shelves. But this doesn't surprise me in the slightest going by what transpired yesterday.

:)

Back