• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

I personally suspect that they're going after known WoW account email addresses acquired through previous hacks and just hoping for a high percentage of correlation there.
 
I personally suspect that they're going after known WoW account email addresses acquired through previous hacks and just hoping for a high percentage of correlation there.

thats actually a very likely assumption as some people who have had nothing to do with GW2 beta wise or purchase wise have been getting emails as well :O
 
any real hacks though? or just password change requests? big difference!

Agreed. There's a lot of talk on the GAF, so it seems there's been a least a few successful attempts.
It just worries me a bit that's all. Apparently at least one person had a "very strong" password which still didn't stop them. So WoW's been hacked before?
 
thats actually a very likely assumption as some people who have had nothing to do with GW2 beta wise or purchase wise have been getting emails as well :O

My yahoo account (where I registered my battle.net account and my first GW1 account) has gotten quite a few reset emails, but my gmail account (where I registered my GW2 account) has gotten none.

Agreed. There's a lot of talk on the GAF, so it seems there's been a least a few successful attempts.

The thing is, the password reset attempts basically tell the hackers, "this person has a Guild Wars account." It just lets them know that they have half of the equation.
 
Agreed. There's a lot of talk on the GAF, so it seems there's been a least a few successful attempts.
It just worries me a bit that's all. Apparently at least one person had a "very strong" password which still didn't stop them. So WoW's been hacked before?

Less than a month ago.
 
I know they're trying to enforce you not to exploit and all that shit, but seriously? "Lol he used an in-game mechanic and we're going to ban him because he did something we don't really think is alright, mad?"

I'm scared to log in now. I'm thinking if I afk too much I'll get banned ffs. If I'm out $60 bucks due to a ban, I'm going to shoot something up, I swear.

Just because something is possible to exploit without external software doesn't mean it's not cheating.
 
They did ban those who botted too.

I think its fair enough though that they only suspended those who exploited the weapon thing. The game is new and they rightfully should just send out a wave of suspension as a warning to everyone not to repeat these stuff in the future.

I was wondering why buying stuff from a vendor was a permanent ban but botting to 80 was a 72 hour suspension. Glad to see they changed their stance on botting.
 
Sheesh. Well either way stay safe guys and gals.

Anyone having more luck than I with the mystic forge? Damn thing seems to have a mind of it's own.
Also, crafting people, what's okay to keep versus sell? I just realized the other day I can send most material to a "collection" for use later. And just last night I realized that I could salvage things from salvage items for more crafting goodness.

...but I keep finding some things that seem useless. "Trophy" items? Okay to sell off?
 
Exploiting is creative use of in-game mechanics. There's nothing wrong with it. If you figure something out and use it to your benefit, that's on the development team to fix. It is neither reasonable nor just to ban players for this. The onus is not on you to be "honest" or some other totally misplaced and not applicable term.

Hacking, botting, etc are completely different.
 
That's what I figured. I keep trying to do stuff with them, but haven't found any use so far.

How's performance been for everyone? It's been absolutely all over the place for me @2560x1600. With supersampling off, I've hit as high as 80fps, but I've also seen the 20s a few times. With the latest Nvidia Beta drivers I might add.
 
That's what I figured. I keep trying to do stuff with them, but haven't found any use so far.

How's performance been for everyone? It's been absolutely all over the place for me @2560x1600. With supersampling off, I've hit as high as 80fps, but I've also seen the 20s a few times. With the latest Nvidia Beta drivers I might add.

trust me its not just you. its the god damn nvidia drivers dude. so iffy. its crazy that the results are mixed too. there are some people out there with similar specs to me just smashing the game in FPS and im unhappy with my performance.


nvidia is slacking ass.
 
I think they should ban the people that are level 80 already. It's not fair that I've had to work all week while people get to level up.

/sarcasm
 
trust me its not just you. its the god damn nvidia drivers dude. so iffy. its crazy that the results are mixed too. there are some people out there with similar specs to me just smashing the game in FPS and im unhappy with my performance.


nvidia is slacking ass.

7970, get yo' ass to the store, and get one!
 
Exploiting is creative use of in-game mechanics. There's nothing wrong with it. If you figure something out and use it to your benefit, that's on the development team to fix. It is neither reasonable nor just to ban players for this. The onus is not on you to be "honest" or some other totally misplaced and not applicable term.

Hacking, botting, etc are completely different.

Taking advantage of obvious bugs to gain vast amounts of money in a clearly unintended way is not OK. ArenaNet has basically made this very clear.
 
Taking advantage of obvious bugs to gain vast amounts of money in a clearly unintended way is not OK. ArenaNet has basically made this very clear.

yeah sorry guys gotta agree with this.

maybe you think its cool but Anet doesnt and really theyre the only ones that matter. for me personally. exploiting is a cheat, you might think of it as it not being cheating because you dont need any third party applications to pull it off but thats BS.
 
That's what I figured. I keep trying to do stuff with them, but haven't found any use so far.

How's performance been for everyone? It's been absolutely all over the place for me @2560x1600. With supersampling off, I've hit as high as 80fps, but I've also seen the 20s a few times. With the latest Nvidia Beta drivers I might add.
I've had very good performane w/ my 6950. Playing w/ a friend w/ a 560ti; he's have more variation.
 
Ahah, the irony. :cool:

LOL...and too true lately.

Running a 6970 in my laptop and it is pretty smooth. There is some zone to zone variation, but no where near as bad as some guildies are saying.

Anet's optimizations are not as good as I was hoping for, but it is better performing than it was in beta.
 
LOL...and too true lately.

Running a 6970 in my laptop and it is pretty smooth. There is some zone to zone variation, but no where near as bad as some guildies are saying.

Anet's optimizations are not as good as I was hoping for, but it is better performing than it was in beta.

My 7970M is eating this game up, gotta love it. :)
 
yeah sorry guys gotta agree with this.

maybe you think its cool but Anet doesnt and really theyre the only ones that matter. for me personally. exploiting is a cheat, you might think of it as it not being cheating because you dont need any third party applications to pull it off but thats BS.

+1 Especially in a game where they want to ensure a viable player driven economy. I know trading post has been down, but imagine if all these exploiters were allowed to keep their items what that'd do to jack up the market. Considering Anet threw down the ban hammer on people that were buying thousands of weapons to abuse the exploit. Those same people would probably abuse the trading post with all the profits and items gained.

I like that Anet has been very swift and decisive. The only critique I have is that they aren't announcing these things via their own website or the launcher. Not everyone uses Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
 
Exploiting is creative use of in-game mechanics. There's nothing wrong with it. If you figure something out and use it to your benefit, that's on the development team to fix. It is neither reasonable nor just to ban players for this. The onus is not on you to be "honest" or some other totally misplaced and not applicable term.

Hacking, botting, etc are completely different.

No, not really. Besides the guys running the servers (Arenanet) are the guys that make the rules and call the shots. Just because Hello Kitty Island Adventure lets you purchase something for far less then it's intended value (9 identical leveled but different bonus items are the same price but 1 forgot the 000's behind it, I'm sure it's supposed to be that cheap, yeah...) by the dozens and sell them for profit and lets you get away with it doesn't mean anything in a different game. Arenanet wants a no exploit zone, deal with it. All the 'shocked' replies in this thread are interesting, same when people see a pricing error on Amazon, buy 200 of them, get an email saying, "Sorry that was a price booboo we're cancelling" and then complaining about their right. Listen, if you can get 1 then nice work but c'mon 200 is taking advantage and you know it. It's the same weird sense of entitlement thru scamming...

In other news, I got the email registration thing to work last night, the same day they announced disabling password resets.
 
My 7970M is eating this game up, gotta love it. :)

Even the 7850M on my laptop is running this game very well. Wish there was a 7970M option for the Envy 17, but it's a trade off for a more compact machine.

Getting ready to rebuild my desktop for this game. 5760x1080, here I come. This is the first game that I feel the need to run triple monitors. :D
 
Even the 7850M on my laptop is running this game very well. Wish there was a 7970M option for the Envy 17, but it's a trade off for a more compact machine.

Getting ready to rebuild my desktop for this game. 5760x1080, here I come. This is the first game that I feel the need to run triple monitors. :D

IIIIII don't know, my M17X is pretty damn thin for this type of laptop, and I've carried way heavier, so to me it's nothing back breaking haha. I suppose others would disagree. Running it on my 60" Samsung while lounging on the couch and it looks excellent. :D
 
I got an email this morning...

ArenaNet noreply@guildwars2.com
9:39 AM (4 hours ago)

to me

Someone -hopefully you!- has requested to change the email address associated with your Guild Wars account.

Need help or have questions about your Guild Wars account? Visit our support site: http://support.guildwars2.com/.

Thanks!

-The ArenaNet Team

friend got one this morning too. guess the sunday lan is off........
 
Change your account email to something else. Make a new gmail account with two-way authentication. Do it soon!

We know where these people are getting their information from and that's previous hacked databases. Don't use your new GW2 account anywhere but official GW2 sites/using the game. Also check your account and log out any Chinese ip addresses if they happened to get into your account.
 
Whats kinda funny is that I used an AOL email, that I used to use everywhere, with my GW account and have yet to get any emails about someone requesting a PW change, lol. I've thought about changing it to my domain email but decided not to unless I get one of those emails.
 
How are you guys finding the PVP? I'll probably try out a little PvE, but i'm no carebare and like killing people. Do you feel the PVP is deep enough to warrant buying the game solely for that?
 
How are you guys finding the PVP? I'll probably try out a little PvE, but i'm no carebare and like killing people. Do you feel the PVP is deep enough to warrant buying the game solely for that?

its excellent. get 5 people and do the 5v5 tournaments. regular battlegrounds is great too.. farm up some glory though cause the higher tier crafted armor is a huge improvement, people stomping us in the tournaments :<

WvWvW will be better when the game is optimized further and they start rotating the servers you are matched against. currently Yaks bend has been raping our shit.

WvWvW is still very fun though, you get supplies..build siege weapons or defensive items for your keeps etc
 
Anyone have any tips for playing a Thief in WvWvW?

Seriously, combat wise, pretty much all I do is run around spamming cluster bomb and occasionally poison arrow. Watching the battles play out and building/repairing stuff is kind of fun, and I rarely ever die, but it just feels really repetitive.
 
Anyone have any tips for playing a Thief in WvWvW?

Seriously, combat wise, pretty much all I do is run around spamming cluster bomb and occasionally poison arrow. Watching the battles play out and building/repairing stuff is kind of fun, and I rarely ever die, but it just feels really repetitive.

shortbow?! omg dude :<

shortbow is like your secondary.. maybe for defending. its mainly for aoe. if you want to play ranged and have fun use pistols which have more moves

personally i use daggers i like them better then any combo. i also put a lot of traits into uping my steal, it poisons and does damage.
 
Anyone have any tips for playing a Thief in WvWvW?

Seriously, combat wise, pretty much all I do is run around spamming cluster bomb and occasionally poison arrow. Watching the battles play out and building/repairing stuff is kind of fun, and I rarely ever die, but it just feels really repetitive.

Heh... get in there, and pick off the stragglers. Watch for people taking off on their own, gauge their strength and smoke them if they are weak. That's the rogue way!
 
Back
Top