The official "clean desktop" club.

beefjerky911 said:
http://home.earthlink.net/~beefjerky402/paper.jpg

Freshly brewed wallpaper
I've got a question, and it may seem fairly stupid but where can you find this windows vstyle, I assume it's XP. I've been looking for it :(

[edit - I would like to note that I found it once before but can't remember where the crap I saw it.]

My latest from Knightmare (Windows box)... I've had this for awhile now, it's just easier on my eyes and gives a clean appearence. I always come back to this desktop, it's probably my favorite.

Full Size Image:
http://www.panzerkrieg.com/images/screenshots/july-desktop.jpg

Resized Image:
july-desktop-resize.jpg

Triath said:
I've got a question, and it may seem fairly stupid but where can you find this windows vstyle, I assume it's XP. I've been looking for it :(

[edit - I would like to note that I found it once before but can't remember where the crap I saw it.]
If you are reffereing to the color and style of the start menu and task bar, its windows media center edition style. I have it also. I like it more than the normal xp styles. It give a bit of a crome blue look.

u8myrice said:
How do you guys hide the recycle bin? I'm dying to know. =[

If you want to eliminate ALL icons from your desktop, including the recycle bin...do this. Right click on your desktop, go to "Arrange Icons By" then uncheck "Show Desktop Icons". This will remove every icon from your desktop with no reg-edits. All icons can be restored by going back and checking "Show Desktop Icons"

also,
desktop properties -> desktop -> customize will allow you to remove the my computer, r bin, etc icons from your desktop.

GLSauron said:
also,
desktop properties -> desktop -> customize will allow you to remove the my computer, r bin, etc icons from your desktop.
Actually you cant get rid of the R Bin with the customize option. You either have to use a program, regedit it, or use the "remove desktop icons" with the right click method.

This would probably look cleaner if I upped my desktop res... only doing 1024X768 right now.

No points for guessing my favourite anime at the moment, because everyone who's seen it should know exactly where the image is from. ;)
eruruu6mx.jpg

I especially like the contrast between background and character in that pic.

I think my first one breaks the rules but whatever, I like it. The second one is my current one, I removed some of the widgets and I think it doesn't break the rules. I like it clean :D

The first one has Anna Nalick and the second one is a hi-res image taken by the hubble of the center of the milky way galaxy.

Desktop1.JPG

Desktop2.JPG

Only old school guys like you like it. ;)

Gotta have mpc and vlc to drag those anime episodes into... im such a nerd

the middle is actually an gif file.

so nerdy :cool:

Am I the only one who likes the double height taskbar?
I like mainly for the date in the corner
BTW like my wallpaper? :D

weasel2htm said:
Am I the only one who likes the double height taskbar?
I like mainly for the date in the corner
BTW like my wallpaper? :D

I use a double height taskbar at 1600x1200 resolution and above. And to be honest, no, I don't like your wallpaper. That is unless you took that picture. In that case, yes, it's nice.

iSkylla said:
I use a double height taskbar at 1600x1200 resolution and above. And to be honest, no, I don't like your wallpaper. That is unless you took that picture. In that case, yes, it's nice.
I don't think any of my monitors, work or home, can take that much resolution,
BTW I did take that picture, on my trip to Mississippi this past June, I've thought of changing it but the water is so beautiful, it reminds my how nice and warm the gulf of Mexico is (and that is before I peed in it :D :cool: :p )

Unknown-One said:
Holy taskbar batman! Why did you put them in rows when you can put them in menues and get two full rows of your desktop back?

Here's mine with one of the menues open as an example (click for full size):

I guess I'm a retard too.

How did you get the Toolbars on the left side of the Taskbar... next to the Start button. My Toolbars default to the right side.

Also, how do you get the Toolbar to open upwards. When I make a Toolbar with various icons, I basically just squish it down so it's icons aren't displayed on the taskbar. So basically it's a ghetto start menu.

And, also, I really like how it's catagorized. How's that work.

Thanks.

No good themes at all lately on DeviantArt and some other themes + Vista wannabe's are getting old. This is the only clean theme I know of out right now:

From my AM2 rig in signature..

using:
- rocket dock
- vplants wallpaper collection on deviant art
- winamp + itunes/mac skin

Soon to be 1920x1080 because my Westy 37'' 1080p should be here next week. :D

rocketdockss.jpg

Back