The official "clean desktop" club.

That's exactly where I got it from, and I couldn't find it when I was looking for it. How did you find it?

Well here's mine when its "clean"

cleandesktop.jpg

And where I keep my icons, I'm a neat freak and as you can tell my quick launch icons are alphabetized.

desktopmenuout.jpg

been a lurker for too long in this thread.
clean and simple is how its always been for me,

my old desktop from early 2005 (1024x768 | shrunk down)
Desktop.jpg

and now my new desktop for the last little while. (1680x1050 | shrunk down)
desktop.jpg

New wallpaper; I also started using WindowBlinds, don't know if I'll keep using it. Hopefully I'll find a good theme. :)

(click for full size)

General Crespin said:
New wallpaper; I also started using WindowBlinds, don't know if I'll keep using it. Hopefully I'll find a good theme. :)

(click for full size)

i want that wallpaper plz!

My desktop from work about a year ago, the cleanest I could possibly make it, while still keeping some level of functionality.

Resized from 1280x1024 for some reason

desktop4.jpg

WCES Ryan said:
My desktop from work about a year ago, the cleanest I could possibly make it, while still keeping some level of functionality.

Resized from 1280x1024 for some reason
Audison baby!!!!

1680x1050 linky

Rather clean by my standards.. and those are all the icons I use rather frequently. I almost never have winamp/trillian closed, so they have become a part of my overall GUI to me. :cool:

This is shrunk by half from 2560x1600 to 1280x800
sooper-clean.jpg

That image is very cool at full 4 megapixels.

desktop5jb.png

Thats about as clean as my desktop ever will get. :) I just underwent a huge revamp of the desktop so i'm quite proud. I had icons and file all the way across the freakin screen, so i concentrated them all in the three folders of files. Long story short, thats very clean for me.

fastfood15 said:
/snip screenshot

Thats about as clean as my desktop ever will get. :) I just underwent a huge revamp of the desktop so i'm quite proud. I had icons and file all the way across the freakin screen, so i concentrated them all in the three folders of files. Long story short, thats very clean for me.

where can i get that theme?

synergyo1 said:
where can i get that theme?
Its called Energy Blue and its not a windows blinds style, it's actually the theme thats shipped with Windows Media Center Edition. If you search for it on google you should find it somewhere. I dont remember where i got it, if i can find the file i will post it if i can get someone to host it.

fastfood15 said:
Its called Energy Blue and its not a windows blinds style, it's actually the theme thats shipped with Windows Media Center Edition. If you search for it on google you should find it somewhere. I dont remember where i got it, if i can find the file i will post it if i can get someone to host it.

Thanks for the reply. I actually did some searching last night. It can be found by searching Royale visual style.

synergyo1 said:
Thanks for the reply. I actually did some searching last night. It can be found by searching Royale visual style.
Yeah i think i remember that, but anyway i found the file on my computer so if anyone wants it then i could email it to them or something like that.

Heres mine:

Click to enlarge
The reason I didn't black out that one name is because shes a bitch, so feel free to message her and what not! :D

This is mine - u got to love it

backgroundsample.jpg

i want my start menu in black like ive seen some on here - does anyone know where to go to do this or maybe in other colours as well?

Here's mine... :D

Sry about the quicklaunch... I do it for the looks mostly

How do you make the words not show up on the icons :confused: ? Sorry I'm not that geeky ;)

Mine changes pretty often; I use different cars I've detailed. Today it looks like this:

desk.jpg

I love some of the car pics in this thread. :)

HA HA! I think I figured out one way to do it! :p Place the icons so that the text is off of the screen! Any other ways to do it?

Right Click -> Rename then hold down alt and type 255. Should be some sort of empty space in there with no text.

KevinO said:
Right Click -> Rename then hold down alt and type 255. Should be some sort of empty space in there with no text.

That does NOT work... And there is also no Rename option on Recycle Bin

General Crespin said:
Can you post that wallpaper, please? :)

I have a copy, I think I picked it up from deviantart somewhere but I can't find the original post right now. PM me your email and I'll send a copy your way.

Back