The official "clean desktop" club.

Viper8547 said:
I didn't know if I should have posted it as a thumbnail or not but oh well, 56k will die :(

I like the original blue windows XP theme for some reason...Maybe if it was black though to match my wallpaper. Are there any themes out there which is the same as the original blue windows theme but black?:confused:
untitledff3.jpg

http://www.arcware.net/archive/2006/11/30/Zune-Desktop-Theme.aspx
Try the zune theme for XP.
Download:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=75078

No problem, and by the way.....Noir=black:)

I have also heard of a skin called Vista Black. I haven't seen it myself, but you may want to search for it.

Thank you sir.

How did they get theirs black though, mine is actually very "royal blue" as the name would suggest.

I would like to know how to do this as well. I am not going to apply that one till I can figure it out.

No problem, and by the way.....Noir=black:)

I have also heard of a skin called Vista Black. I haven't seen it myself, but you may want to search for it.

Well it does look blue for me. The start menu is green when pushed, and the little arrow that is grey in his pic is green on mine, so i don't think it's exactly the same theme, but close.

I guess this is the antithesis of what you're shooting for. My work desktop:

Edit:

And to stay on topic, here is home. Big difference......:

what programs/theme sites do you guys use?

I don't use theme programs, ive got a modded uxtheme.dll file and themes for hacked uxthemes can be found on deviant art and neowing.net, neowin is where i got the stuff to hack the uxtheme.dll

I don't use theme programs, ive got a modded uxtheme.dll file and themes for hacked uxthemes can be found on deviant art and neowing.net, neowin is where i got the stuff to hack the uxtheme.dll

+1

screw bloated crapware! :p

it's actually 1280 x 960 x 2 monitors wide, with ultramon and the "Sentinel black" theme from deviantart.

desktop.jpg

S8 ftmfw dude. My brother looked at an A8 with his wife the other day, omfg, I sat in it and I popped one hard, quick.

Click for huge! I alternate between the two different desktops almost daily.

I'm a stickler for organization, a skill granted to me by OCD. There are zero icons hidden on my desktop, not even a pesky recycling bin. Everything is accessed from the start menu, which is for the most part arranged in alphabetical order (when expanded, the first one is done by how much I use the program). My hard drives maintain the same type of organization, with all types of downloads organized by folders (music, videos, torrents, ISO's, browser downloads, etc), as well as any programs or games. I just cant stand a mess :D It's nothing fancy, but it gets me by.

PS: WinAMP never leaves my desktop so I left it in for the screenshots.

S8 ftmfw dude. My brother looked at an A8 with his wife the other day, omfg, I sat in it and I popped one hard, quick.

i used to have an a4 but with all the traveling and stuff i was doing it wasnt practical... so i sold it.... wish i didnt but i know im saving money now to buy an s4 or rs4

desktopnewae0.jpg

top set of icons are on a bar that hides it self, the Dektop is a menu (much like the start menu) that hides.

All I have on the desktop is the Bin.

when all bars etc are auto hidden

desktopcleanxm5.jpg

Back