The official "clean desktop" club.

onetwenty8k said:
The edit button is timing out for some odd reason but I just wanted to add. Why don't the mac people post their desktops? Mac OSX is by nature, clean.

Maybe those desktops are clean by nature, but because us Windows users have to work at it to make it clean, we feel a sense of accomplishment. :D

Tylerdurdened said:
It's clean because you can't add anything good to it :p
you're kidding, right?

picture1ud2.jpg

picture1rj5.jpg

and I also reference onetwenty8k's Dock, I'd say he's added a few things.
General Crespin said:
Maybe those desktops are clean by nature, but because us Windows users have to work at it to make it clean, we feel a sense of accomplishment. :D
lol! :p

4b5eN+EE said:
you're kidding, right?

and I also reference onetwenty8k's Dock, I'd say he's added a few things.

lol! :p

Not really kidding, but I don't know anything about Macs, but I saw a lot of Mac pics and have Macs at school (the new flat CRT screens kind). And still, what you have is just changed icons and downloaded a couple of widgets, and you can't even use those widgets while using the computer, you have to minimize everything, click the widgets button, have it take over everything and then if you want to use the computer again, you have to close them. But they are good looking ;)

Tylerdurdened said:
It's clean because you can't add anything good to it :p
boo.
Not really kidding, but I don't know anything about Macs, but I saw a lot of Mac pics and have Macs at school (the new flat CRT screens kind). And still, what you have is just changed icons and downloaded a couple of widgets, and you can't even use those widgets while using the computer, you have to minimize everything, click the widgets button, have it take over everything and then if you want to use the computer again, you have to close them. But they are good looking
apple hasn't made a mac with a CRT in a long time....
I use 15 widgets at a time on my macbook and have no trouble switching to dashboard while running logic express and itunes and safari and mail and adium and whatever else.
Even in a thread about desktops, people who don't like macs still manage to push their (uniformed) opinions out there.
Anyway.
picture1cw2.png

pseudo vista for my old xp laptop. it's a dual screen setup since my laptop is being used as a DTR

That's pretty cool. Is that glass, or maybe ice close up? Rock crystal? And do you have a link to it?

Nice desktops everyone! Keep em coming.

Mine hasn't changed much in the last couple months. I switch back and forth between 2 wallpapers, that's about it.

My resolution is 1920x1200

DesktopClean3.jpg

right now I'm using the one above without the dock or desktop icons.

DesktopClean.jpg

I like that new Zune theme and your desktop. They work well together. I'm more of a Windows Classic kind of guy but whatever works for you.

My windows Laptop desktop. I just finished cleaning up my start menu. Thank you OPC for the guide.

Desktop.jpg

What thing? Consolidate the program list? Just make folders, group similar programs. You can right-click the Start button or any folder to Open or Explore, and create folders, etc.

finally managed to remove all my icons, i just got the yahoo widgets thing so i may play around with that some more yet

shadowlord said:
btw..i posted this at one of the very first pages in this thread, lol
Some of us stumbled upon this when it was too late. Only the unemployed and/or rich could afford to sift through 35 pages.

Got a new monitor (22" Wide screen, 16:10, 1680x1050), and decided it was time for a visual update...

Theme: Gui Air
Wallpaper: Stolen from a Mac
Icons: Vista Icon Pack v2

just got a new monitor (22" nec-mitsubishi 2070sb) running 1600x1200 @ 100hz FTW
untitledeg8.jpg

Back