The Official Borderlands 2 Thread

Lowering PhysX made no difference, nor did lowering/disabling other settings. I disabled SLI and the game is smooth as butter. Go figure. :confused:

I have everything maxed out except for FXAA and I'm getting great performance so far. Even with Physx on high it's around 60-80 fps with dips to 40-50 during intense battles.

Running great here. I have all the graphics settings on and Physx on medium. It'll stutter a little with big vistas but I'd say overall it runs better than the first game and looks better too.

I wish I could do a long gaming session tonight but work tomorrow and all...

why is no one else here bitching about the premier club not working? I wanted to get the relic and golden guns but Valve has screwed up and the premier club stuff will not install.

why is no one else here bitching about the premier club not working? I wanted to get the relic and golden guns but Valve has screwed up and the premier club stuff will not install.

Because the game unlocks on the 20th for my region. At least you guys can play....

Just played 2 hours, everything about this game is seriously bad ass. Time to go back for more!

Is the DLC working for anyone? it shows up in my steam dlc, in-game dlc it shows that I have purchased it but that it's "not installed."

Also can someone answer me, is there a way to change your characters looks during the game (do you get new skins/head choices throughout it?) or is it something you only do at the start?

Honestly, I don't even know what that stuff is. Preorder bonuses never really appealed to me because a lot of them ruin early game balancing. I don't know if that's the case here, but I'm sure the game will be just fine without them.

All that said, I hope they straighten it out for folks like yourself who really want it.

Edit: Yeah, you can change appearance throughout the game. There are vending machines for it.

Lowering PhysX made no difference, nor did lowering/disabling other settings. I disabled SLI and the game is smooth as butter. Go figure. :confused:

So it's running smooth now except for when I'm in the middle of a gun fight. I sorta get the same micro stuttering effect, but not quite as bad. How is everyone's performance in fight.

Is the DLC working for anyone? it shows up in my steam dlc, in-game dlc it shows that I have purchased it but that it's "not installed."

Also can someone answer me, is there a way to change your characters looks during the game (do you get new skins/head choices throughout it?) or is it something you only do at the start?
premier dlc is not working for anyone. thanks Valve for fucking up a game that I took off work to play.

Anyone else getting bad texture loading when opening chests? Haven't moved the game to my SSD yet, but whenever I open something, I just get this amorphous blob of an item for a few seconds.

I also cannot turn in the fur quest for Hammerlock. I go back to his area, and he is nowhere to be found. The quest arrows direct me to that zone, but he is just AWOL.

premier dlc is not working for anyone. thanks Valve for fucking up a game that I took off work to play.

Don't get me wrong, but the game is fucked up because you don't have 2 golden guns at the beginning and your whole day off is ruined because of it? Jeez man...

Played for a bit with a buddy. Loving it so far. The new inventory scheme takes a bit of getting used to but I like. One glitch I encountered where I used a telescope (site quest item) while standing on top of it. Came out of the view and couldn't move, etc. ESC key worked so I could quit gracefully.

Excellent pc game on release. (a rarity these days it seems) All options one could want are there and customizable. 2 hours in and everything looks, sounds, plays great.

Don't get me wrong, but the game is fucked up because you don't have 2 golden guns at the beginning and your whole day off is ruined because of it? Jeez man...
Valve fucked up because it does not have any of premier club stuff working. if that does not bother you then great but I bought the game and want the content that is supposed to be there.

I'd like to point out for anyone who doesn't know (I didn't until googling and found it), if you have a borderlands 1 save (you can just d/l one and put it in the correct folder, my documents>my games>Borderlands>SaveData) you get a new head/skin for each character.

you can find a save here:
http://myborderlands.com/GetBackupSave.aspx

Also once you do this you can't just start it up , you have to first go to "extra's" in the main menu of the game and then click the loyalty reward button and it'll find the save and unlock them, this also works if you are already playing a icharacter, using a quick change station you can change into them.

Sure it bothers me but why in the world would it let me ruin my day and render the game unplayable (or "fucked up"). Enjoy the game, the darn premier club stuff will come eventually anyways.

Sure it bothers me but why in the world would it let me ruin my day and render the game unplayable (or "fucked up"). Enjoy the game, the darn premier club stuff will come eventually anyways.
because you are supposed to START off the game with premier club stuff.

when I asked about this is what i was told: "You should actually have all the gear equipped right at the start if it works. You'd wake up next to Claptrap with a golden gun in your hand and get a thank-you popup when you open your inventory."

Played 3 hours, got up to Sanctuary and I am going to call it a night. I'm a bit bummed that they kept the same driving controls, but that is my only complaint. The UI takes a bit of getting used to, but it's not bad. Just... different.

Everything else though, so much freaking fun. Gunna get a short nap in and get back to it :D

Man, the shotgun you get from Claptrap is amazing. So much fun to use. The only complaint I have is that sometimes the a.i. seems brain dead. Some of the masked midgets just stand there while I headshot them several times. The a.i. also doesn't deal well with long range sniping.

been playing for like 2 hours with some rando's and we drifted off to I don't know where the hell. Something about bringing some power capacitor to some Lt. guy. Reached level 8, fun and addicting just like the first.

Man, the shotgun you get from Claptrap is amazing. So much fun to use. The only complaint I have is that sometimes the a.i. seems brain dead. Some of the masked midgets just stand there while I headshot them several times. The a.i. also doesn't deal well with long range sniping.

i played as the sniper in the first one and there were multiple bosses where i just stood before the entrance to the boss and head shot him repeatedly til he died. the game mechanics never even registered that i had entered the boss fight. kinda pathetic they still havent fixed that.

I booted up the game 20 minutes before heading off to work. Just wanted to set it up to see if all was working. FOV slider works... but I'll have to figure out how to remove the FOV change when I sprint.

I also noticed it let me put Physx to high even if I have AMD card. I'm guessing they decided not to lock it to GPU mode only. (On High I saw multiple large cloth objects + mid 40's FPS). I'll probably switch back to low tonight because I don't want any slowdowns while playing.

The game looks great overall.

I booted up the game 20 minutes before heading off to work. Just wanted to set it up to see if all was working. FOV slider works... but I'll have to figure out how to remove the FOV change when I sprint.

I also noticed it let me put Physx to high even if I have AMD card. I'm guessing they decided not to lock it to GPU mode only. (On High I saw multiple large cloth objects + mid 40's FPS). I'll probably switch back to low tonight because I don't want any slowdowns while playing.

The game looks great overall.
no game ever locks out physx effects for AMD. in BL 2, medium or high use hardware level physx and it will simply run on your cpu if you have an AMD card just like any other game with hardware physx.

Medium Physx with a non-nvidia gpu though reduces your FPS to like 20 during major firefights (on a 2600k anyway). It's really not worth it.

Somewhat annoying to find out the AI is just as bad as the first one. I stopped playing because of that.

Somewhat annoying to find out the AI is just as bad as the first one. I stopped playing because of that.

+1 I think that's probably the biggest reason I hated the first one. AI was just stupid.

On the fence with this one, got friends playing it and wanna co-op but I'm still working on Sleeping Dogs and BF3.

I think I'm most excited to get my hands on Hitman Absolution. I love the fact you can approach the levels in so many different ways. Just reinstalled Blood Money the other night and spent about 2 hours working through some of the old levels killing my targets in clever ways!

no game ever locks out physx effects for AMD. in BL 2, medium or high use hardware level physx and it will simply run on your cpu if you have an AMD card just like any other game with hardware physx.

I understand that it can run on CPU for AMD cards. It's just that from what I remember in some games if you don't have an Nvidia GPU they don't even let you use the CPU for the high settings. i.e. grayed out option in settings.

the A.I. has some issues but overall it's improved over the first game. The enemies will dodge roll out of the way, find cover and lob grenades. Monsters will dodge as they charge you and throw objects at you. However, you'll still find the occasional brain dead A.I. that looks broken.

fuck yea a mini map.....finally...

my PC was able to max it out completely using the options in game @1680x1050

Got as far as the claptrap giving me the ECHO thing and had to go back to work :(

the first one sure wasn't about the AI for me. it was just damn fun.

Medium Physx with a non-nvidia gpu though reduces your FPS to like 20 during major firefights (on a 2600k anyway). It's really not worth it.

The Physx effects are totally worth it. Runs great on my rig with high Physx. Might have to turn it down in later levels but I game at 1080 so I might be ok. CPU physx are extremely resource intensive but looks great. In BL2 is feels part of the game, not gimmicky. I've very happy that I have an Nvidia card to enjoy it.

the A.I. has some issues but overall it's improved over the first game. The enemies will dodge roll out of the way, find cover and lob grenades. Monsters will dodge as they charge you and throw objects at you. However, you'll still find the occasional brain dead A.I. that looks broken.

Agreed. The AI in the first was all braindead. In this one they will hunt you down and flush you out. I loved all the fights to this point.

Wow, this is one of the few games that the sequel is as good or better than the first one. I only got to play for an hour before work but i had a blast. my hat goes off to the bl2 devs. the only thing i don't like is the inventory screen, which i kinda hate.

this game delivers all the promises they told us.

Im now a gearbox fan!

Game is great!

Though I have to admit I was misled about zero, I thought there would be melee weapons for him to use. Oh wells, i'll just respec.

Combat is very satisfying.

Only 9 more hours until I can playyyyy. How's it running for the 670 people in here?

Back