The Official Borderlands 2 Thread

yeah I watched that earlier but did not even think about posting it here. its pretty sad to the gtx660 dip into the 30s with some of the physx effects. that means even a gtx680 will likely stand no chance of staying above 60 fps the whole time on max settings and high physx.

and for those that just skim through the video, there will be 3 physx settings. low will be regular physx that all the platforms get. medium and high will be hardware accelerated so you will need an Nvidia gpu unless you want to brave running those hardware level effects on your cpu.

Well, one thing to note is that the demo is running the 660, not the 660ti.. so there is some performance to be had. I think a nicely overclocked 670 shouldn't have a problem capping 60fps.

Well, one thing to note is that the demo is running the 660, not the 660ti.. so there is some performance to be had. I think a nicely overclocked 670 shouldn't have a problem capping 60fps.
well just do the math. that is probably a factory oced gtx660 in there so an oced gtx670 would be around 50% faster. he was dropping in the mid 30s quite a bit so 35 x 1.5 is 52. that means an oced 670 will still not have a chance of staying above 60 fps the whole time on those settings. and a gtx680 is only about 3-4% faster clock for clock than a gtx670 so it too would not stay above 60 fps during some of those physx effects. not a big deal unless hoping to run at solid 60 fps with vsync.

As an update to the cd-key thing from greenmangaming, I just ordered my game this morning for the $36 promotional price with the coupon code, and it spat out a cd-key right after the checkout screen. Also got an email with everything seconds after. Did people get this same effect prior to a few days/weeks ago, or did they happen to click through too fast and miss the cd-key after checkout? :p

Curious what the issue was.

As an update to the cd-key thing from greenmangaming, I just ordered my game this morning for the $36 promotional price with the coupon code, and it spat out a cd-key right after the checkout screen. Also got an email with everything seconds after. Did people get this same effect prior to a few days/weeks ago, or did they happen to click through too fast and miss the cd-key after checkout? :p

Curious what the issue was.

No, GMG didn't have any keys until a couple days ago it would seem. When I ordered on the 6th, there was no key on the checkout screen. Instead it specifically stated that they would send my key in an e-mail, likely on the day of release. The receipt e-mail said the same thing. I was finally e-mailed the key on the 14th.

Love that video. I used to think that Physx was gimmicky but its really adding value to the game in terms of immersion and graphics quality.

I don't mean to start a console vs PC flame war but if you play this game on a console I instead of a PC you are really cheating yourself of a beautiful looking game. The textures are night and day when you compare the two.

Can't wait!

Anybody else who pre-ordered from GMG some time ago not get their key yet?

Pisses me off that people buying now are getting their codes instantly and I still haven't gotten mine.

Anybody else who pre-ordered from GMG some time ago not get their key yet?

Pisses me off that people buying now are getting their codes instantly and I still haven't gotten mine.

Login to your GMG account and check under keys. It should be there.

I'm praying for a glitch-free Steam unlocking on the 18th. I'll be getting home from work at 5am and really want to be able to hit the ground running...fingers crossed!

Love that video. I used to think that Physx was gimmicky but its really adding value to the game in terms of immersion and graphics quality.

I don't mean to start a console vs PC flame war but if you play this game on a console I instead of a PC you are really cheating yourself of a beautiful looking game. The textures are night and day when you compare the two.

Can't wait!

I'm Q-BZ and I approve this message. :)

No, GMG didn't have any keys until a couple days ago it would seem. When I ordered on the 6th, there was no key on the checkout screen. Instead it specifically stated that they would send my key in an e-mail, likely on the day of release. The receipt e-mail said the same thing. I was finally e-mailed the key on the 14th.

Ahh, that's a shame. Must be as you said then, seems likely. Hopefully people will be able to pre-load without much trouble today, before it lands tomorrow. For anyone that's wondering, at a 1.8-2.3Mbps download speed, I finished in what seemed to be a half hour or so, it's only 5-6GB (on Steam).

Yeah with Steam I max out my connection at 3.7MB/sec so it only took about 20 minutes for me to download heh. Can't wait until midnight tonight!

Yeah with Steam I max out my connection at 3.7MB/sec so it only took about 20 minutes for me to download heh. Can't wait until midnight tonight!

Shittttt, I wish I could stay up until midnight tonight, unfortunately have to get up for work at 7, ugh. I theoretically could stay up, but I'd get too into it, and would only get 3 hours of sleep :mad: . Damn responsibilities.

Fucking region locking bullshit. Just because I'm stationed in Korea, I have to wait two more days to play BL2. It's not releasing here until the 20th. And I'm headed back stateside on leave for the 21st.

Amazon's product page says that you can pre-load it. Anyone have success with that? I cannot find it anywhere.

Shittttt, I wish I could stay up until midnight tonight, unfortunately have to get up for work at 7, ugh. I theoretically could stay up, but I'd get too into it, and would only get 3 hours of sleep :mad: . Damn responsibilities.

Same here except I get up at 6:00 AM and as your get older sleep debt comes with compound interest.

LOL "midnight" release

When does that EVER happen, i'll be shocked if its working by the morning.

I'm simply planning on not being able to play until tomorrow afternoon-evening, that way I'm not as disappointed.

LOL "midnight" release

All they have to do is decrypt the files since pre-loads are already done...

But yeah, we'll see. I probably won't get to play until Tuesday evening anyway.

Bought it last minute just now from Greenmangaming with the 20% off coupon. Had 8 bucks of greenmangaming trade-in cash also and paid a total of 28 for it. Looking forward to get my Borderlands kicks again!

LOL "midnight" release

I'm simply planning on not being able to play until tomorrow afternoon-evening, that way I'm not as disappointed.

I've had the last few games that were "midnight releases" work fine for me, the most recent one in memory being Max Payne 3. Had to decrypt, and went right into the game.

Bought it last minute just now from Greenmangaming with the 20% off coupon. Had 8 bucks of greenmangaming trade-in cash also and paid a total of 28 for it. Looking forward to get my Borderlands kicks again!

Yeah, I had like 30 something bucks in GMG credit, so I got it for something like $4 awhile back, lol. I wish you could gift credit to another account, or buy multiple copies of a game, because I still had like $12 in credit on my main account and I wanted a copy for my GF, but I had to use my alternate account and pay "full" price.

I heard the xbox version of borderlands is out already. is that true? When is the release date of borderlands 2?

maybe some people that their console copies a bit early while steam will lock until the release date

I've had the last few games that were "midnight releases" work fine for me, the most recent one in memory being Max Payne 3. Had to decrypt, and went right into the game.

Yeah if the countdown timer finishes on midnight then it should actually unlock at midnight. The only games I've seen where they don't get unlocked until noon on release day are titles that aren't Steamworks.

I heard the xbox version of borderlands is out already. is that true? When is the release date of borderlands 2?

maybe some people that their console copies a bit early while steam will lock until the release date

Release date is tomorrow, the 18th.

Well just used my GMG code...and started the pre-load. Doesn't unlock for another 12 hours according to steam.

A good chunk of "midnight" releases have unlocked at 9-10PM MST, so I have no reason to doubt this one.

Yeah timer for me points to midnight my time EST. Have some stuff to do when I get home, but afterwards I'll either take a nice nap or go to bed early so I can be up at midnight. I've got to be up for work by 7 also so I still may only get a few hours in but oh well. If I could call off work I would but we're kinda busy, and I also have a week and a half long honeymoon vacation coming up at the end of September. :)

Yeah timer for me points to midnight my time EST. Have some stuff to do when I get home, but afterwards I'll either take a nice nap or go to bed early so I can be up at midnight. I've got to be up for work by 7 also so I still may only get a few hours in but oh well. If I could call off work I would but we're kinda busy, and I also have a week and a half long honeymoon vacation coming up at the end of September. :)

You bastard and your vacation that shortly follows mine, making me jealous because I want more vacation. :D

I may do the nap/get up thing as well....depends if my buddy is willing to stay up...I just want to play it heh. I also don't want to mess my day up (I'm sure I'll survive the work day) and not be able to play tomorrow night because I'll be so tired!

Back