The Official Borderlands 2 Thread

I'm late to the party.

Assassin's Critical Ascension Skill (final sniper tree), looks awesome.

+5% more damage per sniper crit
+5% more crit damage per sniper crit
Stacks up to 999

Sold

I'm late to the party.

Stacks up to 999

Sold

I subscribe to this.

Also going to play Zero in my first play through. The Siren looks awesome as well.. that extra movement speed skill, nice!

The turret has been fixed in lots of ways and looks much improved, but it is still not an attractive type of game mechanic to run around dumping things that does something on its own (for me). So no Axton here.

No sniping with Salvador the Gunzerker... ouch, should make up for having 34% of your field of vision blocked by weapon models when you dual wield ;)

Can not freaking wait for this game. It looks great especially since it looks so true to the original concept, with refreshing color palette, story, AI and mechanics. Been playing a lot of Max Payne 3 just to kill the time until the 21st (EU).

I'm late to the party.

Stacks up to 999

Sold

One of so many recipes coming our way that says: WIN! :D

More skills*

*for the payment of bigger bills

I love the humor in these games and it just seems more "old school" than all the games that seem to take themselves so seriously nowadays. Not that I mind serious games, it just seems there was a certain levity to games back in the day that isn't there so much now that its big business.

Buddy of mine was supposed to get a code with his 670 purchase. He bought the card at a local MicroCenter, but there was no code within the box. No email was received either. May have to give them a call...Wonder if the code promotion is done or something. Their online site says if you purchase the card you get the code. Strange.

I dunno, I would say framerate limiter, massive HUD scaling options, and FOV slider aren't really all that basic.

I dunno, I would say framerate limiter, massive HUD scaling options, and FOV slider aren't really all that basic.

Yea they're not, but they should be :)

Too many devs have gotten lazy and so the status quo has dropped significantly.

Honestly, I prefer a simpler options menu over something like the old Serious Sam games where you could tweak every tiny little object detail and view distance. I'm cool with just having an "Object Quality" drop-down or slider. I think ArmA 2 has a good amount of video settings, though I would like to see an Object View Distance one (as does most of the community).

Honestly, I prefer a simpler options menu over something like the old Serious Sam games where you could tweak every tiny little object detail and view distance. I'm cool with just having an "Object Quality" drop-down or slider. I think ArmA 2 has a good amount of video settings, though I would like to see an Object View Distance one (as does most of the community).

Yeah having a billion options gets a bit overwhelming at times. Menus in games should be as easy to navigate, understand, and view as possible. Leave obscure settings in unencrypted ini files.

LOL, not enough options...too many options...you just can't win.

It looks like it has just the right amount of options IMO. Probably a few I might not ever even use, but some will.

Most of the HUD scaling is probably more for multi-monitor support.

right?

Devs really are in a tough spot, trying to please people who are as a whole, not able to be pleased.

I guess FOV slider is the only want that used to be standard....

B2 looks to have a nice range of options in it's menus. Sadly FOV sliders really need to become standard due to the extremely low FOV in games these days. I wish it wasn't the case, but it is. However, I'm a big fan of minimalist design so I'm usually in favor in making menus and the like as minimal as possible without completely sacrificing their usability.

B2 looks to have a nice range of options in it's menus. Sadly FOV sliders really need to become standard due to the extremely low FOV in games these days. I wish it wasn't the case, but it is.

Agreed!

However, I'm a big fan of minimalist design so I'm usually in favor in making menus and the like as minimal as possible without completely sacrificing their usability.

Fair enough.

I'm just thrilled the stuff's going to be there at all given the rash of bad ports we've all had to swim through.

Fair enough.

I'm just thrilled the stuff's going to be there at all given the rash of bad ports we've all had to swim through.

*Eyes Darksiders 2.* I'm with you there. Its nice that Gearbox actually listened to what people wanted and set out to make a good port.

just pre-ordered.....

though I notice they have the other 29.99 thingie to get unreleased content.

Excited as hell, just finished playing #1 again for the 3rd time, finished every mission possible except for 'You will Die.'

B2 looks to have a nice range of options in it's menus. Sadly FOV sliders really need to become standard due to the extremely low FOV in games these days. I wish it wasn't the case, but it is. However, I'm a big fan of minimalist design so I'm usually in favor in making menus and the like as minimal as possible without completely sacrificing their usability.

hopefully someone figures out how to change it rather quickly.

Borderlands 1 is one of the few FPS games I have ever played that would make me motion sick because of the weird standard FOV.

Once binding a ey to change the FOV to something else, I didn't have problems.

just pre-ordered.....

though I notice they have the other 29.99 thingie to get unreleased content.

Excited as hell, just finished playing #1 again for the 3rd time, finished every mission possible except for 'You will Die.'

Ugh, Crawmerax (or however it's spelled).

hopefully someone figures out how to change it rather quickly.

Borderlands 1 is one of the few FPS games I have ever played that would make me motion sick because of the weird standard FOV.

Once binding a ey to change the FOV to something else, I didn't have problems.

Yeah that program someone made to fix problems in the game made it so much better.

I was pretty sure the first borderlands had over 7 days of preload time. I just hope they do it at least 2 days in advance so Im not downloading at midnight.

I like when games have minimal graphics options on the main page, then bury a large number under an "advanced" tab or button. That way newby users don't get freaked out, or feel they have to mess with that stuff...but it still makes it all easily accessible to those of us who want to.

The main thing I hope BL2 fixes is the co-op networking; I never played BL1 co-op due to it being such a PITA.

I like when games have minimal graphics options on the main page, then bury a large number under an "advanced" tab or button. That way newby users don't get freaked out, or feel they have to mess with that stuff...but it still makes it all easily accessible to those of us who want to.

The main thing I hope BL2 fixes is the co-op networking; I never played BL1 co-op due to it being such a PITA.

Co-op is entirely through Steam for 2, no crappy Gamespy.

I was pretty sure the first borderlands had over 7 days of preload time. I just hope they do it at least 2 days in advance so Im not downloading at midnight.

I don't think they really need anywhere near that long to pre-load. Hell, I think Skyrim preloaded just a day or two before, and I don't recall a single complaint of someone not being able to get the game fully downloaded in time for release.

My guess is they will start it over the weekend.

Just wondering if those copies that came from 600 series comes with the loot that you'd get when pre ordering from retailiers.

quoting my own since I got an answer from gearbox representative and quote

"Hello Dick Insider,
The NVIDIA Borderlands 2 promotion will not include pre-order bonuses. Pre-oder bonuses can be obtained by ordering Borderlands 2 through these participating retailers:

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=134551

end quote.

What do you guys think
Sapphire 6950 2gb unlocked to 6970

How well can it handle 5760x1200? I'm a resolution whore, but I think i'm ok with turning down some other settings to keep max res

Back