The Official Borderlands 2 Thread

No problem! If you want an extra $2 off and haven't registered yet, PM me for a referral code.

Well, I have one copy to giveaway for $37 after discounts. Let me know if someone is interested via PM and I can send you my paypal info and Steam so we can trade.

I jumped on the GMG preorder. I had something to trade in there, so... $37 out the door. Pretty awesome to get a pre-order for nearly half-price. I'm stoked as hell for this game.

I haven't really heard/seen much about this, but did they update the graphics engine at all for BL2? The weapon textures still look pretty meh from the videos I've seen.

I haven't really heard/seen much about this, but did they update the graphics engine at all for BL2? The weapon textures still look pretty meh from the videos I've seen.

Who cares! More co-op for the market! I'll be playing this day one with a buddy or two.

But no, I'm not sure if they did or didn't upgrade it, looks the same to me.

just went to the store and put down more on my ultimate loot edition lol. Only $30 to go and its paid for, $150 doesnt seem like much when you just put spare cash on it once and a while :D

just went to the store and put down more on my ultimate loot edition lol. Only $30 to go and its paid for, $150 doesnt seem like much when you just put spare cash on it once and a while :D

Is this on Steam? Is there some kind of layaway option now? :p

I'm hoping they improved the co-op, that's the only thing I didn't like about the first. Other than that I can't wait to play it!

Who cares! More co-op for the market! I'll be playing this day one with a buddy or two.

But no, I'm not sure if they did or didn't upgrade it, looks the same to me.

Well yeah, I pre-ordered it immediately anyway, I was just curious. For such a focus on a variety of weapons it would be nice if the textures for them were a little nicer.

I'm hoping they improved the co-op, that's the only thing I didn't like about the first. Other than that I can't wait to play it!

Improved in what way?

I am mostly excited about the new "FOV slider". The FOV in the first one was horrible. You could assign a macro to a key to pop to your desired FOV, but it would reset after zoning and other things.

Yeah, I am playing Borderlands again and the FOV is a major pain in the ass. Even if you get it working most of the time you still get FOV "stutter" in vehicles.

Not that excited about it. Looks pretty similar to the first game just new content which is cool don't get me wrong but I haven't beaten the last 2 expansions yet.

I figured it'd be like this--it's being released for the 360 after all.

I love the premise of this game, but really can't get past the retarded graphics they used lol

I figured it'd be like this--it's being released for the 360 after all.

I love the premise of this game, but really can't get past the retarded graphics they used lol

I remember going in to the first game basically feeling that way about the graphics...believe it or not...they look good. It's unique. It WORKS.

This is looking pretty good.

Hell yeah it is.

Yeah, I am playing Borderlands again and the FOV is a major pain in the ass. Even if you get it working most of the time you still get FOV "stutter" in vehicles.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=85874

I just picked up the first one yesterday and after killing 9Toes its a fun game, but I bet its outstanding with MP. Otherwise I'm enjoying it decently on my own. I could probably wait to get 2 after a bit of a price drop.

Doesn't fix the issue. The problem is that you basically have to set a key to re-do the FOV every time you press any other key.

It's been months but I remember I was using it and I *think* you could reassign keys. The only time I'd have to use it was after a "transition." I had something easy and nifty going. I remember it was good enough I basically forgot about it and kicked ass.

Might want to check the documentation and see what you can do with it.

Closest I could get was with a Perfect Widescreen tool (some sort of active plug-in thing), and I think that caused Borderlands to crash after about 15 minutes.

Pity.

Will they be using STEAM for Multi Player? I remember in Borderlands 1 you needed to open your ports and ton of other stupid shit just to play Multiplayer with Gamespy or something. it was retarded.

Will they be using STEAM for Multi Player? I remember in Borderlands 1 you needed to open your ports and ton of other stupid shit just to play Multiplayer with Gamespy or something. it was retarded.

I never had any problems with having to forward ports. But... more importantly... I do believe Gearbox promised a while ago that port forwarding would not be necessary for MP.

I saw one interview where they mention this specifically as something that would work correctly when shipped.

I just picked up the first one yesterday and after killing 9Toes its a fun game, but I bet its outstanding with MP. Otherwise I'm enjoying it decently on my own. I could probably wait to get 2 after a bit of a price drop.

It's a completely different experience with MP. I remember tanking mobs with Brick while my buddies made it rain death.

It's a completely different experience with MP. I remember tanking mobs with Brick while my buddies made it rain death.

MP is a blast, but only if you actually play with friends. I've found that trying to play with random people is just a big cluster because everyone is running around grabbing different quests and it makes it that much harder to pay attention to what's going on (granted most of the quest dialogue was just flavor text, but a lot of it was funny nonetheless.)

Borderlands 2 will being using SteamWorks (so connect easily to other Steam friends, achievements, updates, overlay, forums).

I hope Borderlands 2 wont be so exploitable like 1 was

i remember in Borderlands i joined a public game and there were people with invulnerability, speed-hacks, modded weapons... etc

(yeah i understand i can go play with a closed group of friends... but that can't be the only option forever, especially when there is potentially modifiable loot involved)

same shit with Dungeon Defenders too

Comparing that POS game Dungeon Defenders to Borderlands? At least you don't have an insane grind to hope to find good gear, and then grind like mad to upgrade said gear, and then a new DLC comes out with better gear along with a difficulty upgrade, forcing you to buy it at full price to keep up with other players to repeat the same grind all over again. At the same time, bots and exploits run all over the place easily. Whatever people say about Diablo 3, this is far worse.

Back on topic: bought this from Green Man Gaming @ $40. I think the code and the $10 discount expires later today though.

Comparing that POS game Dungeon Defenders to Borderlands? At least you don't have an insane grind to hope to find good gear, and then grind like mad to upgrade said gear, and then a new DLC comes out with better gear along with a difficulty upgrade, forcing you to buy it at full price to keep up with other players to repeat the same grind all over again. At the same time, bots and exploits run all over the place easily. Whatever people say about Diablo 3, this is far worse.

Back on topic: bought this from Green Man Gaming @ $40. I think the code and the $10 discount expires later today though.

totally agree. I bought DD on release and played until my chars were very good... then a DLC hit me on the headI picked it up once , and then rebuilt my char , then another one hit.

Dungeon defenders is the worst game when it comes to DLC. EVen if i love the gameplay , i decided not to play it anymore.

I took the plunge on Borderlands 2 over the weekend. I had too much fun with the first one not to, and I was going totally solo, too. This time around I'll have to team up with some of y'all since I won't be 2 years late to the party.

I took the plunge on Borderlands 2 over the weekend. I had too much fun with the first one not to, and I was going totally solo, too. This time around I'll have to team up with some of y'all since I won't be 2 years late to the party.

The worst case scenario is that it's equal to part one. That's good enough for me given the 150 some odd hours I got out of it.

However, everything I've seen here and looked at since media started coming out suggests a refined and improved Borderlands across the boards which almost scares me. ;)

If you guys see any new videos/media coming out, you should post it. I've pretty much exhausted all the current preview videos. :p

did they changed the driving in bl2?

That's really the one problem the first one had. It wasn't the worst I've ever experienced, but it was the one area where Rage did a better job than Borderlands. The problem is that it was bad no matter what kind of controls you used - KB/M, gamepad, joystick, whatever. You just had to get used to it.

Was waiting for a good preorder deal and took the plunge at $40 with GMG. Definitely got my moneys worth with the first game between my PS3 copy and the copy I got from a steam sale. I would say over 200 hours total between the two copies. Plus just started a new siren character last week to get back into the groove of things before 2 comes out. Can't wait for this game, it will definitely take a lot of my game time away from GW2 when it first comes out.

I actually handled the vehicles in Borderlands with little problem. It's funky to get used to, but after a couple tries, I was rallying those things hard. They just need to be upgradable. Spamming rockets at level 50 doing 10 dmg each time is silly.

Back