The New, (now) official, Show off Your Video Card Thread

el rolio said:
so proud.
i am of course saving up any lil tasks i need to do in my machine until one of those days when i got a big hankering to tweak'n'play. i have a NVsilencer on mine now but :O:O:O should i put on the 3rd cooler?

nah i think ima wait till me n rev do up our water cooling. then we can do the first dual-WC-setup thread. awesome.

+++++++

jacuzz1 - you said supn about sellin phones like crazy? are you talkin about gsm phones? with/without contracts? cuz my first love is my cell phone collection, with computers second. yah, thats how much i love ma phones. hehe let me know man (in pm if ya want)

and how is that asus premium mobo with the h all? i HATE loud chipsets!

Iwill pm you if i get my hands on one oh and the Premium is the bomb , it feels faster and its definately quieter.

7800GTX-2.jpg

7800GTX-1.jpg

The 7800GTX is completely silent since it uses a PWM 4-wire fan like the newer shuttles, You can not hear it at all! In fact it never has spun up to high speed mode when I was benchmarking with 3Dmark05 or playing BF2 for an hour. (I monitored my temps with NV monitor and the GPU did not exceed 77C). It is as quiet as my Arctic cooling NV5 Silencers!

The heat sinks definitely get super hot though, significantly hotter than my X850XT and my 6800GT's , hopefully BFG does not have a Bios temp reading issue like Shuttle with newer CPU's LOL!

ST20G5B: 3700+, 7800GTX, 2GB Patriot LLK, 160GB Samsung SATA; Sony CDRW/DVD, PN11 802.11B, Audigy2, Dell 2001FP, Klipsch Promedia 4.1

hey dillusion your not running dual channel memory as far as i can tell.. asus usally has you stick ram in same colored slots first.. first blue,yellow or whatever and then black slots given you have 4 sticks

Dudeyourlame said:
hey dillusion your not running dual channel memory as far as i can tell.. asus usally has you stick ram in same colored slots first.. first blue,yellow or whatever and then black slots given you have 4 sticks

Ya i fixed the dual channel thing awhile ago, thats just a prelim pic.

dworley said:
7800GTX-2.jpg

7800GTX-1.jpg

The 7800GTX is completely silent since it uses a PWM 4-wire fan like the newer shuttles, You can not hear it at all! In fact it never has spun up to high speed mode when I was benchmarking with 3Dmark05 or playing BF2 for an hour. (I monitored my temps with NV monitor and the GPU did not exceed 77C). It is as quiet as my Arctic cooling NV5 Silencers!

The heat sinks definitely get super hot though, significantly hotter than my X850XT and my 6800GT's , hopefully BFG does not have a Bios temp reading issue like Shuttle with newer CPU's LOL!

ST20G5B: 3700+, 7800GTX, 2GB Patriot LLK, 160GB Samsung SATA; Sony CDRW/DVD, PN11 802.11B, Audigy2, Dell 2001FP, Klipsch Promedia 4.1

wow that is awesome, 7800 in a SFF = very well done

Shuttle sells the Black cover w/mesh sides as an optional accessory on their Ebay store. It also came stock with a few of the older Intel models.

The real trick was getting the ST20G5 in black since it only comes in Silver :cool:

im hoping that card works!!

that has got to be the most hardcore Cooling mod ive seen in a while.. and ill add excessive at that...

i must say thats ballsy!

elite.mafia said:
apparently you exceeded your bandwith... post the pics and host them on imageshack.us!!!
i still see them... :cool: maybe its IE cache..

ya probably... cus i still dont see them. FIX THEM 11111!!!!!

i host pics for free... 300k file limit FOR EACH and ill host em all you want.. im never down

and hella fast hosting.. no adds/BS.. just a pic at blazing speeds.. PM me if you want me to put your pic up! ( resize it yourself please..)

so if you need anouther pic hoster.. give me the pic and ill have a link for you in a min

Homer said:
LMAO!!! I hope that hs isnt too heavy :) hows the cooling performance?

i dont know how cooling is (no temp probe), under heavy gaming and with the current oc and on the 450mhz oc it feels barely warm.. so not much above ambient temp..

there shouldnt be a daily limit anymore now, thanks to warrior for hosting..

i think im the only person in the forums with the AGP version of this card! :( that probably cant bode well for this card (it replaced a burnt out 6600gt).

x700 pro 256mb AGP before:
start.jpg

stock cooler removed. it was cooper, suprisingly.
off.jpg

the gpu, zoomed in. can anyone tell if i have an XT core? i was hoping i did.
gpu.jpg

back with ramsinks on. the blue clashes with the red pcb.
back.jpg

my zalman vf700 adventure comes to and end!
finished2.jpg

stock cooler: idle - 42/40; load - 54/43
vf700: idle 37/37; load 42/41

must be because the card was made for PCI-E then they just put a converter on it and sold it... hmmm weird tho...

Its the same core for both PCIe and AGP, since the cards a native PCIe then of course its gonna say that on it.

Skrying said:
Its the same core for both PCIe and AGP, since the cards a native PCIe then of course its gonna say that on it.
omg native was the word i was looking for!! lolz.

thank you, i think it looks somewhat patriotic...just in time for july 4th!

however, i feel even more committed to my old system now with this x700 agp i bought. i want to move up to pci-e someday and that means a new motherboard and cpu at the very least.

keep the pics coming!

yeah i soon will be upgrading to PCI-e... i want that new Asus Premium board and a 7800GTX :D

fx5900_mod1.jpg

fx5900_mod2.jpg

fx5900_mod3.jpg

My good old Chaintech GeForce FX 5900 XT

Core: 390 Mhz @ 550 Mhz :cool:
Memory: 700 Mhz @ 950 Mhz

img45141ie.jpg

bfg pwnage beotch! SOME one better come out with some good cooling for these things for some OCin power.

Back