The New, (now) official, Show off Your Video Card Thread

nighthawk8k said:
Whats the black box in the blastic bag in the bottom right for, like HDTV or something?
oh and ok, I guess since you're 45, lol but its still a lot for a video card ;)

Yes Its a break out box, i am selling phones like crazy so I have not had much time to take a good look at things. The fukers ship the card with out the black emblem . You have to buy it if you want it . Fuckersssss................

I'll trade you a 6600gt and a 9700 pro (both agp) for that 7800gtx.... deal? :eek:

CrimandEvil said:
Componet out, many of the 6600 series come with them.
Mine doesn't have one... well it does, but it's not a gigantic box :eek: :D

Warrior said:
yeah jr PS job.. lol the HSF is like 10x the size of the card... couldnt close case... someone need to get some PS lessons and a life

btw wanna know what eles is funny.. that pic is called 6600gt.jpg..... ponder that a bit..

ps lessons? obviously you don't know my work

i have photoshop based work up at exhibitions around the world. have built numerous websites and done numerous advertising campaigns, so you can't talk

anyway it was like 3 in the morning when i posted that

so are you saying the card is real?..
well all gave numerus conclusions why its not a real cooler...

and why are you talking about "your work"? are you the original person of the picture?... if not.. wtf are you talking about?
you didnt post it eather..... you quoted the picture....

jacuzz1 said:
I am 45 years old and its my hobby I had her shipped to my store. I cant wait to get it home. I wont be able to play with it until Sunday night since I am too busy but oh well it in my hands

If you want black they charge you for the plare ($8.00 on their site)

Are there two different versions of the Evga card? I have seen the ones like yours and the black ones. I'm assuming the plare is like the one in your pics and it costs an extra $8?

Equalizer said:
Are there two different versions of the Evga card? I have seen the ones like yours and the black ones. I'm assuming the plare is like the one in your pics and it costs an extra $8?

Yes you have to buy theblack overlay for 8 dollars.

DSCN0221.JPG

She is in , this thing is a beast, 1920x1200 everything up max with relflect all, 4xaa and 16x af over 95fpsin the source stress test

jacuzz1 said:
The fukers ship the card with out the black emblem . You have to buy it if you want it . Fuckersssss................

You paid what for that card? And you gotta PAY for the emblem seperately :eek: That should be a crime

"Forceable rape of the customer in the 1st degree"

by the way....su-weeet card you got there :)

jacuzz1 said:
Yes you have to buy theblack overlay for 8 dollars.

http://members.cox.net/mjpetruzz/DSCN0221.JPG[/IMG :o ]

She is in , this thing is a beast, 1920x1200 everything up max with relflect all, 4xaa and 16x af over 95fpsin the source stress test[/QUOTE]
your motherboard is waiting for anouther one.... :D

dont make it wait tooo long :eek:

Elios said:
hehe run some benchs :D

1920x1200 CS stress test all eye candy up full reflect all 4x aa 16x af 96.5 fps
1920 x1200 CS stress text 2z aa 4x af 138fps

470/1220 3dmark05 7963

Coolbits detects 500/1340 so i have head room

i have not even played withoptimzations yet

JL_Audio_User said:
You paid what for that card? And you gotta PAY for the emblem seperately :eek: That should be a crime

"Forceable rape of the customer in the 1st degree"

by the way....su-weeet card you got there :)

But dude, I got a really nifty Tee Shirt that my wilfe looks great in lol

freakin nice cards ( both the 7800gtx and the x850)

once i get a real job after i graduate from whichever college i will be going to (hopefully a good one) my first rig will be that of SLI or whatever they will call it then

yang88she said:
wow that 7800 is huge!!!, very nice pic

here's mine

http://img292.echo.cx/img292/8199/stockvsvf34vy.jpg[/IMG :D ][/QUOTE]

god damn are viper cards badass

jacuzz1 said:
I am 45 years old and its my hobby I had her shipped to my store. I cant wait to get it home. I wont be able to play with it until Sunday night since I am too busy but oh well it in my hands

When you going to SLI that bad boy?? :D ;)

I put ultra coolers on my GTs today and here are some shots of that...

usinks1.JPG

usinks3.JPG

usinks4.JPG

usinks5.JPG

usinks6.JPG

my cards run cooler and faster with these sinks... w00t. :) Plus my eventual goal is to put these on water, so now I have good sinks for the memory for when I do that..

I have all you will need to put them on... back plates, screws, and the coolers themselves... they have adjustable fan speed controllers on them... pretty nifty. :) Just like $10 for both... to cover shipping... I just want to get rid of them. PM me for more details.

revenant said:

my cards run cooler and faster with these sinks... w00t. :) Plus my eventual goal is to put these on water, so now I have good sinks for the memory for when I do that..
very nice.. first ive seen of somehing doing this...
i was also wondering.. where did you receive these coolers?.. from former Ultras im presuming...

El Rolio got them off eBay after I had mentioned that we should hit up some folks there for them... because so many people have 6800 ultras with NV silencers... hence they likely had their old coolers hanging out somewhere.. we went in on three of them, and these are two of those.

yeha i put a NV5 on my 68GT and then my GT went out on me... so i put the stock back on :rolleyes: and RMAed it.. ( still in RMA :mad: )

Warrior said:
you can out that pic in the show off your rig :p
lol I am out on the ocean responding via treo its nice out here at point judith but I can't wait to get back and play with my gtx

revenant said:
El Rolio got them off eBay after I had mentioned that we should hit up some folks there for them... because so many people have 6800 ultras with NV silencers... hence they likely had their old coolers hanging out somewhere.. we went in on three of them, and these are two of those.

so proud.
i am of course saving up any lil tasks i need to do in my machine until one of those days when i got a big hankering to tweak'n'play. i have a NVsilencer on mine now but :O:O:O should i put on the 3rd cooler?

nah i think ima wait till me n rev do up our water cooling. then we can do the first dual-WC-setup thread. awesome.

+++++++

jacuzz1 - you said supn about sellin phones like crazy? are you talkin about gsm phones? with/without contracts? cuz my first love is my cell phone collection, with computers second. yah, thats how much i love ma phones. hehe let me know man (in pm if ya want)

and how is that asus premium mobo with the heatpipe n all? i HATE loud chipsets!

el rolio said:
so proud.
and how is that asus premium mobo with the heatpipe n all? i HATE loud chipsets!
that board is fricken awsome!... from what ive read it is practicly the same as the other SLI asus board ( the really nice popular one).. but it has Auto SLI.. there is no switch or manuale connector.. you can do it in bios i think.. its the way it should be done.. and that heatpipe chipset cooler seals the deal i think :D

revenant said:

usinks1.JPG
i thought arctic silver on the ram wasnt good for them... is it?

i think his new cooler also contacts the ram chips so in order to ensure good heat transfer, he put some AS on the ram. at least, thats how i see it :)

ericlikeseatin said:
i think his new cooler also contacts the ram chips so in order to ensure good heat transfer, he put some AS on the ram. at least, thats how i see it :)
i see that.. but i read somewhere that AS is not the best thing to put on the ram.. i read that its safer to use generic compound...

Warrior said:
i see that.. but i read somewhere that AS is not the best thing to put on the ram.. i read that its safer to use generic compound...
It is a lot safer to use generic silicone compound, as it is non-conductive. But, if you are good at applying thermal paste and dont mind potentially fuxoring your card, AS is fine. Just dont get any on the contacts ;)

Oh, and AS5 is supposed to be non-conductive. AS3 is conductive.

I have Arctic Silver 5 on my ram, with no problem. Doesnt it beat the white thermal pads anyway?! It seems to be doing the job just fine.

Hell, I even accidentally smudged some under a few ram chips, and it in no way affects the performance.

Warrior said:
i thought arctic silver on the ram wasnt good for them... is it?

That was some crappy thermal stuff I had on them... I removed it and used ceramic compound on them.. seems to be doing the job well... and yes, I had to have something inbetween the chips and the sink, because they rested on each other. :)

I removed the thermal pad from my mosfet sinks today, lapped them, and used the same ceramic compound on those also... [H]uzzah. :)

EDIT - here's a shot I took after the memory modules were cleaned with the two part arctic clean solution
clean.JPG

works very well :)

Back