The Lian Li Gallery

DSCN5962.jpg

DSCN5987.jpg

I got this PC for free and could not find the case model for anything. I found out it is custom built by Lian Li for Velocity Micro so technically it is a Lian Li. I've done some wire clean up from a horrible PSU install by the owner before me. Came out pretty well and runs great!

vm1.JPG

vm2.JPG

vm3.JPG

Last edited:
What is that heatsink near the exhaust fan for? Is it to cool the back of the graphics card?

Thermalright HR-11 if I remember correctly. Used as a mounting plate and as a cooler for the area right above the GPU. It was pretty expensive back in the day and didn't perform overly well, it's only ever knocked a few degrees off for me. Right now using it as a backplate for a t-Rad2, performs that job rather well :p

I got this PC for free and could not find the case model for anything. I found out it is custom built by Lian Li for Velocity Micro so technically it is a Lian Li. I've done some wire clean up from a horrible PSU install by the owner before me. Came out pretty well and runs great!
how did you get it for free!?:eek:

Downgraded a guys computer to XP and he had bought a new one because this one was giving him problems. I said that's payment enough for me and it turned out to be one bad stick of ram:)

e6700
2gb ram
400gb Sata 3.0
8800gts 320mb
dvd
dvdrw
700w PSU
Vista Ultimate

This is my other PC http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1033734213&postcount=599 that I got for free. I work at a home restoration company and this was a reject from a smoke damaged house. I stripped it down to the nuts and bolts, cleaned everything and it runs great!

am2 6400 x2
4gb ram
2x500gb sata
8800gt 512mb
dvd
dvdrw
550w psu
xp pro

http://mwcreative.net/pics/vm1.JPG[/IG]

[IMG]http://mwcreative.net/pics/vm2.JPG[/IG]

[IMG]http://mwcreative.net/pics/vm3.JPG[/IG][/QUOTE]

Yep Lian Li made the case, they're custom made for Velocity Micro.

Downgraded a guys computer to XP and he had bought a new one because this one was giving him problems. I said that's payment enough for me and it turned out to be one bad stick of ram:)

e6700
2gb ram
400gb Sata 3.0
8800gts 320mb
dvd
dvdrw
700w PSU
Vista Ultimate

This is my other PC http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1033734213&postcount=599 that I got for free. I work at a home restoration company and this was a reject from a smoke damaged house. I stripped it down to the nuts and bolts, cleaned everything and it runs great!

am2 6400 x2
4gb ram
2x500gb sata
8800gt 512mb
dvd
dvdrw
550w psu
xp pro

wow your one lucky guy! i thought i was lucky for getting a monitor and a Q9450 for free was lucky, but geez you got two freaking computers for nothing!

vm1.JPG

vm2.JPG

vm3.JPG
I almost bought this case last year. From what I recall, I believe it's basically a rebadged Lian Li PC-7 with the V1100 style door.

I almost bought this case last year. From what I recall, I believe it's basically a rebadged Lian Li PC-7 with the V1100 style door.

Looks more like a PC60 that was modified to have a 120mm fan on the front instead of two 80mm's. The PC7 didn't have a nice removable hd rack like that.
The door is a nice touch.

Not a "true" Lian Li, but here's my rocketfish with Lian Li accessories (the fan and dvd/floppy bezels). I modded the top panel for my PA120.3 as well. Cable management could be better but there's not a lot of room behind the MB tray so I decided not to mess with it. I also removed the front door since it was kinda restrictive and I had to open it every time I wanted to turn the thing on or off.
pc front.jpg

pc top.jpg

pc side.jpg

Thermalright HR-11 if I remember correctly. Used as a mounting plate and as a cooler for the area right above the GPU. It was pretty expensive back in the day and didn't perform overly well, it's only ever knocked a few degrees off for me. Right now using it as a backplate for a t-Rad2, performs that job rather well :p

yeah, im using it as a backplate for my hr-03 plus

My Lian Li Lancool PC-K7B
IMG_3080_r.jpg

I couldn't tell it was an unsteady shot when I looked at the camera's tiny LCD.

I also have another angle of it posted in the "Post Your Workstation 2009" thread.

That's not a standard CD bezel, it's a modded bay panel. The standard bezel attaches with just the included screws. The bay panel needs to have the sides chopped and then it's attached to the cd tray with double stick tape.

That's not a standard CD bezel, it's a modded bay panel. The standard bezel attaches with just the included screws. The bay panel needs to have the sides chopped and then it's attached to the cd tray with double stick tape.

Scotch mounting tape to be exact :)

C'mn there were two people that said would post v1000z pics...... Where are you? :p

Yeah yeah... w/e :p

What is that wood looking thing between the mobo and the aluminum? Paper of some kind?

how did they sleeve the fans? did you they just put the sleeve over the pin connectors?

Sleeved wires look slick, no question asked... but removing at least 30-50 pins trough out the whole PSU setup from the plugs, chances are you might stick em in the wrong holes... the risk I'm no way in hell willing to take :p

But good luck though!

That's why you just do one at a time and stick it back into where it came from. ;) (or print the pinout diagram)

That's why you just do one at a time and stick it back into where it came from. ;) (or print the pinout diagram)

Or stick on wire markers.

For me it was actually necessary to sleeve the 8pin as the whole wire bundle wouldn't fit behind the mobo and through the try vent. It was just too tight. I didn't want to leave the screw loose either. This way the individual cables are spread apart and still look good.

8pin.jpg

Back