The Lian Li Gallery

Yeah, when you remove the stock switch on the V1000, the 22 mm Bulgin switches fit in it perfectly. All the ones on the page I linked you to are 22mm.
They have smaller ones too (16mm) that are good for reset or CMOS clear switches (if you overclock alot) ;)

For those that have the Lian Li V1000 PLUSII, Does the side fan still fit if I use an Accelero S1 on my vid card?

For those that have the Lian Li V1000 PLUSII, Does the side fan still fit if I use an Accelero S1 on my vid card?

If you mean that you somehow place fan on side panel where those holes are then yes. It will be a close call (1-2 mm remaining by my measurements), but the standard 12cm fan width 25mm width should fit.

The V1000 PLUS II comes with a side fan bracket. Roughly estimating I am thinking it is a no since the bracket has a good amount of width as well. With just a fan I think it might be possible. I wanted to know whether it fits with the fan + bracket. Just wanted to make sure maybe there is some miracle lol.

The V1000 PLUS II comes with a side fan bracket. Roughly estimating I am thinking it is a no since the bracket has a good amount of width as well. With just a fan I think it might be possible. I wanted to know whether it fits with the fan + bracket. Just wanted to make sure maybe there is some miracle lol.

Then probably no... Sorry, i forgot about things like tunnels, brackets etc as i removed them at 1st day after buy :-D...

front.jpg

side2.jpg

side.jpg

back.jpg

Just added the 280 gtx to the Liquid loop, also changed the radiators, pump and reservoir, hope you like it :)

img2325el6.jpg

img2339tt1.jpg

img2332as4.jpg

img2338ft9.jpg

img2349va6.jpg

Cheers

Looking at this thread I think my favorite case is the 1000b. Wanna do a new build but with it but so many people have one now. Thinking of doing an A17b build with the PC65 window watercooled. Can't decide 1000b or A17b? What do you guys think?

Looking at this thread I think my favorite case is the 1000b. Wanna do a new build but with it but so many people have one now. Thinking of doing an A17b build with the PC65 window watercooled. Can't decide 1000b or A17b? What do you guys think?

I have both.

PC-A17 is better for cabling (all those holes) and cooling (2x12 fan + 1x14cm fan in default, in most extreme scenario you can have 3x12cm fan at front, 1x12cm fan at back and 1x14cm at top) - especially cool for 360 rad at drive bays if you remove all those dividers in front.
PC-V1000 on other side is, well, much, much more better in visual apearance, but cabling is problematic without some modding and you cant do a really clean cabling without mods. But it's not that bad, it's just not the best case for absolutely clean cabling.

If i would buy a new case from these, two, then it would be a PC-V1200 or one of new PC-V1010/PC-V1000Z cases :D - because PSU divider is really in the way.

I have both.

PC-A17 is better for cabling (all those holes) and cooling (2x12 fan + 1x14cm fan in default, in most extreme scenario you can have 3x12cm fan at front, 1x12cm fan at back and 1x14cm at top) - especially cool for 360 rad at drive bays if you remove all those dividers in front.
PC-V1000 on other side is, well, much, much more better in visual apearance, but cabling is problematic without some modding and you cant do a really clean cabling without mods. But it's not that bad, it's just not the best case for absolutely clean cabling.

If i would buy a new case from these, two, then it would be a PC-V1200 or one of new PC-V1010/PC-V1000Z cases :D - because PSU divider is really in the way.
Would this fit on a 1200B ? http://www.sundialmicro.com/lianli_window_side_panel_wv1000bmesh_1993_1023.html
Thanks I agree 1000b is much better looking case. I was looking at it and for watercooling it would be much better to reverse the psu by placing it in the front. that way it makes for a cleaner tubing.

Ken_C... awesome job! Great cable management. That's how the V600 should have been with the power supply up front like the A05. Oh yeah, and I love that side panel window.

Wanta... nice rig, I like the mesh for the side window.

Well, I finally talked one of my friends into buying my rig so I can start on something new.
Here are my last images of it... (Don't mind the dirty window, I've since cleaned it...)

Specs:
EVGA 750i FTW
Intel E8400, cooled with Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
GSkill 4gb (2x2gb) DDR2 1066
XFX 8600GTS XXX Edition
Razer Barracuda AC-1
Maxtor Diamondmax 250gb OS HD
Western Digital 640gb Storage HD
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 650w
Random DVD Drive
Lian Li PC-A05B

maha05bbahbye001pp1.jpg

a05binside002gs5.jpg

maha05bbahbye003lj0.jpg

maha05bbahbye005sg9.jpg

maha05bbahbye007jp4.jpg

maha05bbahbye008pu4.jpg

maha05bbahbye010tl8.jpg

I made a minor change. I had an idea an I wanted to try it out to see what it would look like. I bought some charcoal fiberglass screen and lined it on the inside of the panel behind the window... I love the results. I tried to capture this in the pictures as best I could, but the pictures don't do it justice... it looks so kickass in person. Just thought I'd share.

mesh3.jpg

mesh4.jpg

mesh2.jpg

mesh.jpg

pretty cool idea TooBooKoo. It looks pretty neat in the pictures. I think the third picture shows it best. Nice job man.

does that mesh add any cooling benefits of any sort or anything to that matter?
I don't see why it would, but it does look pretty good from the pictures posted.

Its giving me something to think about while I try to find an upgrade for my "old" Coolermaster Wavemaster.

does that mesh add any cooling benefits of any sort or anything to that matter?

I don't see why it would, but it does look pretty good from the pictures posted.

Its giving me something to think about while I try to find an upgrade for my "old" Coolermaster Wavemaster.

No extra cooling since there a piece of acrylic in front of it too... well unless you count the fact that it makes it look "cooler" :p

I always thought the Wavemaster was a pretty slick looking case... love that aluminum.

No extra cooling since there a piece of acrylic in front of it too... well unless you count the fact that it makes it look "cooler" :p

I always thought the Wavemaster was a pretty slick looking case... love that aluminum.
It is pretty nice, but I'm running out of space and it is hard to hide cables in. Front airflow isn't the greatest either... and one 80mm back. I like the "flipped' atx or btx or whatever it is in the 1200. (I've been out of touch in terminology for a while)

I finally got my Lian Li V1000b plus 2 put togeather, put a crappy p43 mobo and whatnot in it. I put the zalman 9500 cpu cooler on it too, the problem is im getting a good deal of fan noise, what did you guys do to lower the noise?

Anything else I should do to my lian li that I might not know of yet?

Thebeephaha does that sliverstone vent over your PSU actually make a difference?

Cuts down noise by about 1/3 but also reduces the efficiency of exhausting air out of the PSU so you need to think of the balance heat vs noise before considering one.

I'm thinking about a new graphics card, other than that it's coming along as planned...
The crimson red glow that it emits looks wicked from the hallway :eek:

I finally broke down and bought a Bulgin Vandal switch... I should have done that sooner... the feeling when you push the button is a pleasure to my sensory cells :D

And finally, here's the interior all cleaned up... gotta love that V1000 cable management potential ;)

omg, so many switches to choose from :O I never knew you could get modded power switches.

I played around with some of the settings on the XTi and came up with a couple of shots that show the fiberglass screen better... gotta love the manual mode :D

redlights19.jpg

redlights18.jpg

Here's a couple more shots I consider to be decent... for all you V series lovers out there ;)

redlights14.jpg

redlights15.jpg

Well I was thinking of buying a Rocketfish/lian li case and getting a window cut on the left side but only to only show from the bottom of the powersupply to the top of the motherboard and then to the right of the motherboard but not to see the hard drive's but just to see the cables extend off the motherboard ..Lanpirate ever done anything like this??

I think you are saying you just want to show the motherboard, no drives, no other wiring. Yes, of course, I've always liked that size of window. IDK why Lian Li ever showed the side of the drive cage tower in the first place. If you can think it, you can cut it my friend.

Glorious pictures TooBooKoo, haha. Definitely shows the mesh much better. Looks good man.

I think you are saying you just want to show the motherboard, no drives, no other wiring. Yes, of course, I've always liked that size of window. IDK why Lian Li ever showed the side of the drive cage tower in the first place. If you can think it, you can cut it my friend.

thats just what I'm looking to do with my RocketFish Side Panel

Back