The Lian Li Gallery

How can you remove the HDD cage of Pc-G7 at the bottom.
It seems to me that there are no screws.

I found the screws. But they are upside down. I hope you guys know what I mean.

No idea how to touch these screws.

DSC_8543.jpg

DSC_8545.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

I apologize in advance for the crappy pics, the lighting completely sucks in my computer room... I had to set the camera's ISO too high or use the flash :rolleyes:...

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

I had to get her wet again... I rigged up this water system to cool the new chip I put in. I just swapped the Q6600 for an E8500... I got it up to 4.63GHz (1947.4 FSB) and I can't seem to get it stable when I go any higher :mad: anyway, the water rig is definitely in order now.
I am absolutely loving the new Scythe Kaze Master fan controller, best one I've used to date in my opinion... really works nice with my iXtrema fans :D
I have a few more things in store for the good ol' Li' Li, cutting new panels for interior, subtle lighting, etc. I'll be sure to post pics when they're complete.

TooBooKoo have the same case and fan controller as me, anyway - here is my finally complete Lian Li PC-V1000B Plus II.
What's inside :
  • Asus P5K-E/WIFI-AP
  • E6750 with Thermalright Ultra-120 and the new Nexus 12cm PWM fan (few pictures of this fan)
  • 2x500GB WD disks (RE series both)
  • Samsung S203B DVD burner
  • HD3870 with Accelero S1 and Nexus 12cm fan on it (no need to do any mounting in PC-V1000, it just sits on the cooler :p).
  • Corsair HX620 modular supply
  • Scythe Kama Bay (seems like it's 1-2mm shorter thant 5,25", this leaving a small gap on both sides :mad: )
  • Scythe Kaze Master 5.25" black for controlling front/back/front Kama Bay/graphical card fans and watching temperatures (CPU, chipset, GPU, one of the disks)
  • X-Fi soundcard

As i don't have and probably have no experiences to use dremel i didn't cutted any holes in the case. Also i got no window, so it's the standard PC-V1000 Plus II. No cutting somewhat limits cable management, but doesn't make it impossible :).

Photos :
  • front view (flash makes all those cables and bare aluminim parts visible, they are not so visible, some not visible at all)
    p1000220hi3.jpg
  • inside the case
    p1000217oc1.jpg
  • behind the motherboard (taken before Scythe and Nexus products arived, but it didn't changed too much except few cables routed for fans etc visible from the front)
    p1000158or0.jpg

Nah skyline, sorry to say I don't have any worklogs... but I am going to try to do that from now on when I do a mod, etc... now that I actually have a good camera. I can surely explain any of the mods I've done though. Thanks for the compliment :)

Oh and faugusztin... nice rig you got there.

Thought I'd post these in this thread too :). I have more mods planned (window mod, better cooling), I'll post more pics when those come around.

2393337268_27514e4107_b.jpg

2393336294_1cee23a557_b.jpg

Just to let you know, you only need 1 power plug for the Raptor ;)

Molex or SATA, not both D=

Yea, WD did that for a while for legacy purposes, cause not everyone had SATA power on their Psu's, I think Hitachi did that too for a while...

My V1000BW PlusII

900 drive bay w S-Flex SFF21E (Empty Quarter did it first in his TJ07 though :D)
IMG_1132.jpg

Added Dominator ram cooler, cleaned up wires slightly
IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1138.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

(Have since tucked EPS 8-pin under far rear of psu so it's less visible at the bottom now)

Dominator ram cooler keeps the Tracers very cool but the thing is pretty frickin' loud. 3x40mm, 5k rpm fans - guess I should've expected a large increase in noise. :eek:

Ya good job on that Rocket fish, I had no luck after visiting 3 BB stores looking for that awesome sale they had. What I like about your mod is the rivets that you chose to go with the window it really goes well with the robust look of it. The Scythe Kaze is always nice on Lian Li (the fan controller was made to be put on Lian Li cases). Only thing I would change on your case would be to remove the front door (6 screws?).

Wow, I'm loving that case. Wicked sexy! I love the black interior in combination with the UV.
Yeah, I thought Green plus Black would look pretty good together, or at least the black would express the color of the green better than say blue or red.
Wow, that is one of the sexiest Rocketfish setups I have seen. Nice job!
Thank you.
SolidBladez... that's the most kickass Rocketfish I've seen to date! Excellent job :D

Thanks!

It took a while to dissemble, paint, setup, and organize. But once I got everything working, it was so worth it. :D

Back