The Lian Li Gallery

rocket733 said:
@krotch - What's the O.D. of the tygon you're using? I've found that the 3/4 O.D. is the best in terms of flexability and not kinking. I've used the 5/8 O.D. tygon and ran into the same problems you're having.

It's 5/8" OD. Ya, thing is a pain in the ass. I'm going with the Primoflex with it's 3/4" OD. I couldn't find any springs that I could jam into the tubing to keep it from squeezing down or kinking. Only stuff I can find locally, would rust like a mofo.

krotch said:
It's 5/8" OD. Ya, thing is a pain in the ass. I'm going with the Primoflex with it's 3/4" OD. I couldn't find any springs that I could jam into the tubing to keep it from squeezing down or kinking. Only stuff I can find locally, would rust like a mofo.

That'll fix the problem. The 5/8" OD tygon was such a waste of money for me. 3/4" on the other hand is a dream to work with. Nice looking case too.

Ya no kidding, especially at $3.25 a foot. I bought 10 ft worth of it too. The Primoflex is $1.25 cheaper a foot and simply works better. I will say that the Tygon looks better than the Primoflex, but that's not enough to waste my money on it.

Edit: Well, ordered up the Primoflex and el wire. Was considering buying some leds to build a rheobus, but my fans don't make enough noise to bother me. So...Just going to get some rocker switches and mod the fans, so I can turn off the lights. Those things annoy the hell out of me when I go to sleep. I don't know why a company hasn't built a fan with it's own light switch.

Heres mine.
LL.jpg

movax said:
Haha, first thing I noticed in those pics was the rather large bong-er, time-speed modifying device (Futurama ;) ). Leet cases though.

ROFLMAO...That is a nice rig though. That chller looks like Jin's handywork. If you thought Chilly1 was good, Jin takes it to a new level.

edit: Just noticed that ol' Dan has a 1KW psu in there as well. Scweeet!!!

Click for larger version :)

It isn't very tidy atm due to being absolutely tiny! That will hopefully change when I buy a corsair modular PSU.

I just recently "upgraded" from an old PC-60 to a PC-7A Plus II.

My main goal was to reduce the noise.

I went from
6 - 80mm fans (4 case, 2 PSU)
1 - 92mm fans (heatsink)
to
3 - 120mm fans (case & heatsink)
1 - 140mm fan (new Xclio PSU)

Needless to say its near silent now, and case temps are a little lower.

My only problem was I could hear my 74Gb Raptor chugging. So I ordered a harddrive silencer.

Before:
mycomp4.jpg
PC-60 with 7 small fans = LOUD! :eek:

After:
mycomp5.jpg
PC7-Plus II with 4 large fans = QUIET! ;)
core2_side.jpg

inside_core.jpg

check out that grommet for PSU wiring - CLEAN!
the harddrive silencer really help to quiet down the raptor as it was one of the only things making noise in my PC.

This was just a quick job I did last night. I'll try to clean up the wiring more later.

I may end up changing some of the 120mm fans to lighted versions later. For now, the single cold cathode is fine.

been a while since I posted any pics of my lili... it's a v1000 with koolance pc3-725. Here it is as of now... I got all the decals (skulls on 8800GTX and fiber carbon flames on bottom) at www.towerhobbies.com..

P1000538.jpg

P1000535.jpg

P1000536.jpg

I really need to move that mobo power cable out of the main view.. perhaps with the next mobo upgrade. :)

Tilde84 said:
Here's my PC-7B Plus II nothing real special, brand new case tho and loving it.

dsc01542pv8.jpg

dsc01543li7.jpg

dsc01544qq8.jpg
nothin special..that's a nice rig :D
i love that case :D
tho if i had one, i would have gotten a window on the side
THat's just my taste.
Hows the system running? Good?
You should go with dual channel memory. You're loosing performance of both you cpu and entire system :(

Thanks AMD RULES!! Its running great, got the LiLi to lower my temps cause my CPU was 45C idle, migrated to this case and the CPU idles at 35C now :D Also just OC'd my E6300 to 2.87GHz to get a pretty good Super Pi score.

You should go with dual channel memory.
Yea gonna eventually get another stick, prolly the 1GB stick w/ matched timings.

may i ask, is it quiet? im thinking of getting that case soon for the rig in my sig.
Gonna get mine modded by a small business and have it painted red inside/outside and at top 120mm fan hole. Except, the model with the window :D

The fans that it comes w/ have good airflow but whine real bad. If you replace the 120's you'd have a pretty cool and quiet rig. I see you have a CM centurion 5, the LL will be WAY lighter than the case you got now. I just built a rig w/ that case and it had some pretty good weight to it, lol :p

Cant wait to see a red version of this case, post some pics of it :) :)

This was my main rig as of January 06, though that exhaust duct was removed a day after this shot was taken and not put back on. A few more semi-significant mods are coming in the next few weeks...waiting for some goodies to arrive. ;)

system_side_6x6.jpg

Tom

AMD RULES said:
**drooollllll****
that is one sexy case.
I like your dog too :D
wanna trade systems :p

Thanks. She is a great dog. Dobermans are the best dogs in the world.

hemi said:
This was my main rig as of January 06, though that exhaust duct was removed a day after this shot was taken and not put back on. A few more semi-significant mods are coming in the next few weeks...waiting for some goodies to arrive. ;)

snip image

Tom

The front intake is mad cool. Very nice work!

Thanks...I'm waiting for another front panel to arrive and will be making a slight change. ;)

Here is my contribution:

PC-A05B (Just arrived)

More pics here:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1133290

PC-343B
Here she is, in all her glory. Phase 2 complete.

Old picture of the single psu (Dual PSU custom made bracket is now installed)

Inside view:

Will have a PC-A10B Arriving shortly :)

Dillusion said:
Oh how i miss the lovely triple-chambered roor + ash catcher :(

nice oregano too

Looks to be some nice oregano. I love how some people dont care and post pics with pieces and "oregano" where as some people try to hide it. Makes me laugh everytime =)

Overall, very nice set-up bud =)

Ockie: Very Nice! :eek:

Here is my brand new PC60A Plus II:

case1.jpg

case2.jpg

And with all of my crap put in it:
case3.jpg

case4.jpg

case5.jpg

This case was a breeze to work with, but I still have to work on cable organization just a bit. :D

Edit: I guess I should be more specific on the "crap" that I put in there! :p

Asus A8V-E Deluxe Socket 939 Motherbaord (Does not support dual core :mad: )
AMD 3500+ CPU
2gbs RAM (forgot the brand, it is pretty good stuff though)
ATI x800xl 256mb video card
2 x 160gb Samsung Spinpoint SATA HD's in RAID 0
1 x 320gb Western Digital SATA something or other HD
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 OEM

Back