The [H]orde is back on the [H]unt!

Humm, still no conversation over at EVGA.
This is curious, at current rate we will overtake in a year..... and we are not done ramping.

Ohhh well. Maybe it won't be so bad for them if they have their head burried in the sand as we pass. Out of sight out of mind :p

I have an account over there, want me to wake them up with a gentle knock knock?:D

Humm, still no conversation over at EVGA.
This is curious, at current rate we will overtake in a year..... and we are not done ramping.

Ohhh well. Maybe it won't be so bad for them if they have their head burried in the sand as we pass. Out of sight out of mind :p

You must be looking in the wrong place. There has been mention of this. It is natural that as the points structure has shifted to give more emphasis to larger SMP systems that EVGA doesn't even sell that we will fall behind - after all, much of our points still come from GPUs and boards that EVGA sells. I'm sure there will be hysterics from some folks eventually.

There will be more changes coming - if/when an optimized 680 comes out, bigadv-16 becomes prevalent, HPCS costs money, etc.

The most impressive folding feat I have seen recently is the fact that Atlas Folder is sticking to his guns and folding with hardware that will let him attack the disease of main concern to him, rather than chasing the points with large SMP. Kudos to him!

Atta boy core32 that is 1 bomb, How is the other bomb coming along the vMod have you been able to make any progress on it..

I have not yet captured the I2C streams from the VRM. SWMBO has me jumping through hoops between my installation of the second 4P and tax day rapidly approaching.
Once the IRS has finished me off financially I will have time to get back to it.
Keep asking, one day soon the answer will be yes! ;)

04.04.13, 3pm / 11.9 Months

:O

were almost back up to our 30 mil!

Hey fellas...yep, we know how well you're doin' and it comes up in different threads. The truth is that we had a fair amount of Folders that jumped over into Crunching and that took some of the Folding production with it. Lots of our Crunchers also Fold, but the impact was definitely there. Also, we just do not have the 4P Rig installations that [H] has amassed and that coupled with the Bigadv changes has had a significant impact.

Like you, we are still adding new Folders every week, but we are behind the power-curve at this point. Unless something drastic were to change in our Team, IMO, it is a foregone conclusion that [H] will take back the #1 spot. I like having it as much as I'm sure you fellas liked it when you held it before. The bottom-line for me is that I will actually cheer you as you pass because I have nothing but respect for the Folders here. If/when you take back the #1 spot, it will be because you earned it and would be deserving of that reward. Fold-on my brothers and all the best to you as you do it!! :cool:

Hey fellas...yep, we know how well you're doin' and it comes up in different threads. The truth is that we had a fair amount of Folders that jumped over into Crunching and that took some of the Folding production with it. Lots of our Crunchers also Fold, but the impact was definitely there. Also, we just do not have the 4P Rig installations that [H] has amassed and that coupled with the Bigadv changes has had a significant impact.

Like you, we are still adding new Folders every week, but we are behind the power-curve at this point. Unless something drastic were to change in our Team, IMO, it is a foregone conclusion that [H] will take back the #1 spot. I like having it as much as I'm sure you fellas liked it when you held it before. The bottom-line for me is that I will actually cheer you as you pass because I have nothing but respect for the Folders here. If/when you take back the #1 spot, it will be because you earned it and would be deserving of that reward. Fold-on my brothers and all the best to you as you do it!! :cool:

Props to you, I am so glad that people are mature about this and overall just happy for the contributions that we provide.

Thanks for stoping in and keeping it clean, good ole clean run between the 2 teams would be great

The most impressive folding feat I have seen recently is the fact that Atlas Folder is sticking to his guns and folding with hardware that will let him attack the disease of main concern to him, rather than chasing the points with large SMP. Kudos to him!

Well that's very nice of you to say. The science really is important to me. But the competitive side of me lusts after the points as with most (all?) of us. I will be adding some 4p bigadv folders, but I will be keeping my gpu farm for now which will slow my buildout down. But I'm fine with that.

Punchy was kind enough to prod me into looking at the science behind the WUs over on evga.com in a PM and that changed my mind. Thanks Punchy. When I went to my parents that night to feed my dad all I could think about was how my priorities had gotten out of whack. I'd forgotten why I started folding on the first place.

Projects 7700-7712 SMP deal with huntington's disease right now. When it gets put together I'll be running my 4p as SMP and not bigadv until these projects are complete.

Atlas Folder

Projects 7700-7712 SMP deal with huntington's disease right now. When it gets put together I'll be running my 4p as SMP and not bigadv until these projects are complete.

I think that is awesome.

I just lit up a SMP and GPU on my main rig. Both got WU that you would like Atlas

Also, Tex good to see ya.

Last edited:

hear hear, well met, sir

Just seconding Punchy and Tex's comments. And just want to add... We are also still looking to participate in the CC so some have relaxed their part time rigs this month for that full month assault.

Truth be told, many of us read here daily but because we also have a heavy presence on EVGA we have (In the past) been treated as outsiders when offering our opinion. And as such felt the better thing to do is to just read and not post. We do not want to promote hostility, so to prevent it we have chosen to not post.

And the same bloody thing happens @ EVGA as well. Many here post there and for some reason a few Dee Dee Dee's come out of the woodwork (From where I sit) just to cause crap.

Anyway, keep up the good fight, looking forward to the top three teams duking it out later this year and next. After all, once we Kill it with Folding, we can Kill the rest with Crunching!

finally crossed into the 1.2 bil property, were doing great!

7.5 month, and we are just an inch below 30 mil in 24hrs!

Go [H]orde go!

815m is my guess.....

One a serious note, nice to see the over take down to 7.8 months, we should make it a team goal to be no.1 by xmas - wouldn't that be a nice present?

815m is my guess.....

One a serious note, nice to see the over take down to 7.8 months, we should make it a team goal to be no.1 by xmas - wouldn't that be a nice present?

I like this idea.

Not so hot on the prize Imitation, it is a years supply of Dr.Scholls shoe inserts.

Last 24 hours....

thats over a 10 mil lead on them in last 24 hours lol

Keep it up guys!

Last 24 hours....

thats over a 10 mil lead on them in last 24 hours lol

Keep it up guys!

I think that is a new F@H record.

Now.... I will kindly as you to get my jaw..... it is on the floor over there.

i'll have a new 2600k rig running this weekend... to over double my output from my q6600 and sometimes gpu folding.

i'll be convincing the fella that is getting the current rig to continue the folding, as well.

i guess i'll be chipping in a little more now.

i'll have a new 2600k rig running this weekend... to over double my output from my q6600 and sometimes gpu folding.

i'll be convincing the fella that is getting the current rig to continue the folding, as well.

i guess i'll be chipping in a little more now.

Did u get one of the sweet microcenter deals too?! My cpu is on route from dallas from a buddy and I'm probly ordering the rest of my new goodies tomorrow.

I got my old s478 celery 2.6gigger pumping out 53ppd .. that's a nice boost in the arm right there ..

I got my old s478 celery 2.6gigger pumping out 53ppd .. that's a nice boost in the arm right there ..

How are you getting that much on such an old cpu??

H ahahahahahahah I read that as 53k ppd

Back