The [H]orde is back on the [H]unt!

So with all this new blood, what's the odds of getting back to 30mil ppd?

So with all this new blood, what's the odds of getting back to 30mil ppd?

Well for a sustained 30 mil we need all our departed heavy hitters back on board and a lot of new blood. Just looking at the top page on EOC I reckon we are short about 4mil PPD from folders who have only recently shutdown, but on standard SMP 100 new folders would probably only net 1m PPD so LOTS of new blood would be needed

For a one off hit i reckon we could come close today, 20.6m with 3 updates to go.:cool:

The other thing is that EOC is saything that there are only 664 active folders on our team at the moment - down from around 1100 at the start of 2010, we've lost 40 in the last month alone:eek:

Well for a sustained 30 mil we need all our departed heavy hitters back on board and a lot of new blood. Just looking at the top page on EOC I reckon we are short about 4mil PPD from folders who have only recently shutdown, but on standard SMP 100 new folders would probably only net 1m PPD so LOTS of new blood would be needed

For a one off hit i reckon we could come close today, 20.6m with 3 updates to go.:cool:

The other thing is that EOC is saything that there are only 664 active folders on our team at the moment - down from around 1100 at the start of 2010, we've lost 40 in the last month alone:eek:

We got 30 Mil :D

Well I'm sort of new, only been folding about a month. Really wish I could get some more rigs to setup. Once I get back together financially (going out all the time has really drained the bank) I'm gonna see about putting a naked 4P together.

I also only see 27.3M PPD (highest yesterday) not 30M for team 33 over the past few days.

I also only see 27.3M PPD (highest yesterday) not 30M for team 33 over the past few days.

DFepends on the stats site and which number you are looking at.

This was taken from EOC stats just now:-

03.28.12 30,503,319 12,552

Back-to-back 700+ million point months. Now it is time to shoot for 800+ million in April!

Back-to-back 700+ million point months. Now it is time to shoot for 800+ million in April!

I think we can do 800 if we keep going like we are currently.

New boxen coming online, OC-ing the current ones..... good times :D

So proud to fold with all you guys, really I am

I think we can do 800 if we keep going like we are currently.

New boxen coming online, OC-ing the current ones..... good times :D

If only ivy bridge were arriving in early april. I know it won't be a huge boost for most people but for those of us still running C2D or C2Q's it will be a pretty solid boost. I know May will be the first month i start putting up more than 10k ppd out of my main machine. Small potatoes, but if we have 20 or so people in the same boat as me, that's a solid bump.

every bit counts man, hell, I still run my GPU on my laptop a few times a week, at full blast it'd only get like 9k, I get maybe 20k over a week period, maybe a tad more. Every little bit counts

No lie on Ivy, and I hope Piledriver is good enough to bring down Dodeca prices...

Well for this update we are down to 1.9 years for overtake.

Go team go!

And it is the beginning of the month...... now that is [H]ard!

2.png

Trying hard. :)

I'll try to Borg a few more units in my lab. May avg is about 160,000 ppd so I think I can increase that by a bit.

I have enough parts to build a complete S1366 system, minus a CPU. I need to find me a 920 for cheap and bring it online heh

Put a thread up in DC FS/FT, they were the chip of choice a while ago, i'm sure someone out there will have one

Yeah, that's a good idea. The wife would be kinda pissed if I did it right now though, but I will when I have some spare cash.

Well with Grandpa on board we will hit harder, but we need to bring our a game as well, he sure as shit brought his lol

Bought my other rig back on line but doing SMP work - should still be good for ~40k PPD

Meanwhile i've been browsing ebay:eek:

I just missed on some "affordable" 6180s this week.
Also browsing the web......

Well I will do all I can to help bring the title back to where it belongs.

Feb 25 -1,339,339,760...
Feb 27 -1,333,611,393...
Feb 28 -1,324,286,250...
Mar 01 -1,318,748,305...
Mar 27 -1,352,029,869...
Mar 30 -1,345,489,624...
Apr 03 -1,333,985,753...

We've caught up to where we were right before the end of February, in less than 2 weeks we should break 1.2 bil and then we can go from there!

I just got back into Folding@Home. Most of my custom machines that I required to run FAH for 6 months have dropped off (people buy the custom systems, then remove FAH after 6 months).

I only do about 6-7K PPD now...where I used to be around 50K PPD a long time ago. But I'll gradually add to that.

I just got back into Folding@Home. Most of my custom machines that I required to run FAH for 6 months have dropped off (people buy the custom systems, then remove FAH after 6 months).

I only do about 6-7K PPD now...where I used to be around 50K PPD a long time ago. But I'll gradually add to that.

Every bit helps, and it is all important work. Add what ya can, stay for the tamales and beer. :D

Ohh and on this update 1.6 years...... wonder when EVGA will hear the war drums?

Last edited:
Well I just secured a i7 980! Now I have a complete system. This system will also serve as my new data server (6x2TB in RAIDZ2 +1 hot spare, +1 cold spare). Ubuntu + Native Linux ZFS + Samba + F@H will be a nice combo.

Hopefully I will be able to clock the cpu at a decent rate, a conservative 4.0Ghz should be nice. That should help my output pretty good.

Well I just secured a i7 980! Now I have a complete system. This system will also serve as my new data server (6x2TB in RAIDZ2 +1 hot spare, +1 cold spare). Ubuntu + Native Linux ZFS + Samba + F@H will be a nice combo.

Hopefully I will be able to clock the cpu at a decent rate, a conservative 4.0Ghz should be nice. That should help my output pretty good.

Get a little [H] there minimum 4.3Ghz on air 4.4 to 4.5Ghz liquid. All 5 of my hexes will do that so I would be willing to bet that 1 will too.

Sweet. I have never worked with a Gulftown chip before, my old bloomfield required me to pull out all stops to get it stable at 4.0Ghz on air. I will be using that same board, ram, and heatsink, and if I can get 4.4, I will. However it HAS to be stable as it'll be hosting my data and I dont want my crap corrupted heh.

Sweet. I have never worked with a Gulftown chip before, my old bloomfield required me to pull out all stops to get it stable at 4.0Ghz on air. I will be using that same board, ram, and heatsink, and if I can get 4.4, I will. However it HAS to be stable as it'll be hosting my data and I dont want my crap corrupted heh.
Post what hardware you are using with the 980x and let's see how far we can get ya. At the moment I'm coasting along at 4.4 GHz with watercooling.

Back