The [H]orde is back on the [H]unt!

Use
Code:
irc.lazypenguin.com

It will give you the correct IP addresses for the IRC.

Its no longer a hunt for the no.1 spot, Its a full blown cavalry Charge!!:D

Currently at the 3am update its 4.4 months, an overtake of 9million a DAY, and a 31 million day yesterday:cool:

Keep the guns a blazing guys! I've planned my online life around upload times as to not slow down my returns lol, every little bit helps!

Still got that uni-borg running too, god only knows where tho lol

Well done my Bros...you guys are definitely setting new achievements. Way to haul...:cool:

We just posted the best ever week for a team on f@h. 192.9m points, and the overtake is now down to 4.2months:D

Awesome work everyone, fold on!!

Got my board back from 28 day RMA experience

every update my color changes as I climb back to "red" status

go go go

Tomorrow we pass EVGA's highest output month ever, and it was during a huge contest they ran. Let's get to 800 where they couldnt, hit it hard for the home stretch boys!

Less than a month ago it was over a year to pass EVGA this morning it is down to 3.7 months. That is just plain [H] you all just amaze me fold on people, and fold [H].

yep, we are sure kicking up a duststorm here (said the mouse to the elephant while crossing the desert ;))

And no HPCS was needed lol (it ended like a week or two ago right?)

Just straight up unadulterated horsepower lol, the [H] way!

And no HPCS was needed lol (it ended like a week or two ago right?)

Just straight up unadulterated horsepower lol, the [H] way!

I had an HPCS account (one account) and about a week and a half ago I set all the clients to -oneunit mode so they should all be finished up by now :)

I think I'm going to keep my account too, it will be nice to have a lil linux box out there that I can do whatever with.

Well not none as in zero, but I really don't think it caught on here that well, don't remember seeing much talk about it really

Regardless, with that all done now AND the new GPU AND BigADV units in the mix, the fact that after all that and we can still throw down 31 mill in a single day is amazing.

Really guys, I'm honored to fold with y'all on this team

Going to have my SR2 system up and running this weekend (I hope)...so 200K+ per day on that one. If I wasn't' buying a house, I'd invest in a 4P system as well.

My father isn't doing well with his cancer....and even though I know its too late for him for this project to do him any good, I'm hoping my contributions will at least help someone else in the future.

Lets burn a road to those cures!

My father isn't doing well with his cancer....and even though I know its too late for him for this project to do him any good, I'm hoping my contributions will at least help someone else in the future.

I know EXACTLY what you're dealing with there... :( My Dad has stopped his chemo treatments for the leukemia a while back, which led to a massive spread of melanoma, and it's gotta so bad that he's now stopped his radiation treatments for that. It's only a matter of time I guess, but he's making the best of it. Doesn't make the hurt any less though when you realize that there's nothing you can do in real time to help...

Prayers and thoughts to you and yalls families guys

Also, we've topped EVGA and to my knowledge we just put out the highest month of any team ever (Even HPCS!) and it's still not done yet. Great job guys, let's see if we can top this month before the dead heat of summer hits!

Well I am back at my home in Michigan and starting work on the SR2 and the other 2p system here. Might have it running by the weekend if I can figure out what to mount it on/in.

I know EXACTLY what you're dealing with there... :( My Dad has stopped his chemo treatments for the leukemia a while back, which led to a massive spread of melanoma, and it's gotta so bad that he's now stopped his radiation treatments for that. It's only a matter of time I guess, but he's making the best of it. Doesn't make the hurt any less though when you realize that there's nothing you can do in real time to help...

I feel for you. Its a tough experience, maybe even tougher than losing my mom to a heart attack. But, I try to stay positive for him. I'll have a bit of time to properly say good bye, and really get to know him.

I hope things go well for you and your father, as best as they possibly (and impossibly!) can.

Well I am back at my home in Michigan and starting work on the SR2 and the other 2p system here. Might have it running by the weekend if I can figure out what to mount it on/in.

A nice slab of cardboard works just fine ;)

Ax and DC, my prayers for you family.

802 mil for the month, over 200 mil for the last 7 days, about 15 mil diff between teams in the last 24 hours.

All in the face of reduced point CPU and GPU units.

Proud of you guys for reaching these global milestones!!

A nice slab of cardboard works just fine ;)

Ax and DC, my prayers for you family.

Yah my prayers go out to you too. I lost my dad and my mom 2 years ago. Dad to stroke and mom to alzheimers.

Am folding because I believe in it. Been folding since 2004.

As far as cardboard goes... I don't like it. Thought about a piece of plywood but didnt come up with a good way to put in the standoffs. Still like that idea though.
Love Sportswoods (sp?) boxes but I just cant afford them.
Got an old server rack case sitting here I am modding that should hold it though. Not pretty but it is just sitting here taking up space. Lots of room for fans so headed in that direction.

Now to just mark and drill the standoff holes, and figure out how to open the front of the case as it has a key lock and I can't find a key for it. Funny thing is I had one once but cant for the life of me figure out what I did with it.

As far as cardboard goes... I don't like it. Thought about a piece of plywood but didnt come up with a good way to put in the standoffs. Still like that idea though.

My 4p is mounted on plywood. I purchased.. hmm.. not sure the best word for them, but basically nailed in 6/32 threaded mounts that I put standard motherboard standoffs into (purchased at Home Depot in the nuts and bolts section). Basically drilled a hole pattern to match the mobo, hammered in the mounts, screwed in the stand offs and mounted the board.

I can go looking for part numbers or take some pictures if it is of interest to you...

The chair "floor savers" (round piece of plastic with a nail sticking out of them) what what I used pre cardboard.... they worked nice and kept the board elevated.

My 4p is mounted on plywood. I purchased.. hmm.. not sure the best word for them, but basically nailed in 6/32 threaded mounts that I put standard motherboard standoffs into (purchased at Home Depot in the nuts and bolts section). Basically drilled a hole pattern to match the mobo, hammered in the mounts, screwed in the stand offs and mounted the board.

I can go looking for part numbers or take some pictures if it is of interest to you...

Dont work too hard on the part numbers but a pic would be wonderful. Here or to my home email. Either way...

just started folding again with my i7-2600, gts 240, and a gts 450 on the way. not worth folding on my 6950. not an sr2 system but should help out

Had my old 8P on plywood, even built a riser to keep the PSU above the boards so that I had unobstructed air 360 around. What I did is just screwed the rises to the mobo with screws as if it was in a tray and then just set them down on the wood sheet. as long as the risers are all the same height then it's just the same support as if they are screwed in, except that is can slide left and right lol. To remedy that just got some nylon blots and put 2 on each side of each corner, the 8 nylon bolts held the board in place. Then, under each CPU block space I drilled a hole (hole saw, like 2 1/2 inches i think) to alow air to flow better under each CPU ( and them NB chip I believe, 5 large holes total) and put 4 drywall screws with a noncductive coating (doesnt matter but made me feel better) around each hole to the exact height as the backplate for the CPU coolers, just to help prevent flex. then did a staggered swiss cheese pattern under the memory slots with .5" bit, just for a tad more airflow.

Prop the whole thing up on 1" scrap wood in the corners (cut to look nicer than scrap lol) and that allowed airflow with some spare fans under the board to all the holes.

Cheap as hell really but it worked

Vaulter... nice job. Sounds really good. How about the PSU? How did you anchor that or didnt you. In any case I hauled out the old 5u case I had laying here and am looking at how to arrange everything. Looks like I need to do some serious work to install the PSU in it. Probably cut the side out as the PSU needs to vent. Have to make up a template and cut a hole in the side is my first thought. If I can get that done I might be half way there.

Hey SR2 guys... what wattage is necessary for the PSU? I havent kept track of power issues. I have seen some mention in the 600 watt range but not sure if that was overclocked or not. I have some 750's around here and one 1K PSU. I tend to like to be somewhere near the peak of the PSU. Near being the operative word.

So will my 750's be ok?

Oh and all I use is PC Power and Cooling as I havent had a PSU go bad in the last 10 years or so.

I ran a dual 5640 OC'd to 3.6 Ghz on a 750 PC P&C, youll be good. draw at the wall was around 530-550 if I remember, so the PSU is actually putting out less. But yes, youll be good on a 750 on a SR2 (with no GPU's, I had a low power 8300 in my SR2's, pulls like nothing lol)

as for my 8p, it just sat on the little shelf for it, I have a dedicated room to folding (and reloading, but folding gets its own 8ft bench in there, and the rack) so it never really moved from its sopt, wasnt worried about the PSU moving.

---
EDIT

Here's the 5 min version in paint to give you a rough idea, I just noticed I put the mobo on backwards, so just rotate it 180 or move the shelf part to the bottom and keep the top short. Just to give you an idea for how i did mine

2rww5m9.jpg

It would not be hard to do something better looking than this lol, but I didnt care about looks and just used what I had and ended up liking it actually. Did a similar thing for my first SR2 board lol. Dirt cheap (mostly left over scraps) and worked just fine for me lol

Last edited:
I noticed that only four of their top folders would make it into our top twenty folders. They don't have many heavy hitters!

Great job [H]orde!

Vaulter... really like those ideas there. For an army guy... well.

P.S. You know what Army stands for... Arent Ready For Marines Yet. lol

Thanks for all the info... great job

LOL rick

Sweet, simple, effective. That's how I do it lol. Building a satellite network to span 2/3'rds of a country and cover 22 sites (+branches) in Iraq is one thing, building something to rival a cardboard box is a whole nother story lol

Back