The [H]orde is back on the [H]unt!

I noticed that only four of their top folders would make it into our top twenty folders. They don't have many heavy hitters!

Great job [H]orde!

yeah it looks like either they got hammered by those new shitty gpu and bigadv WU's or people are quitting because they had at least 5 or 6 people doing a million PPD a couple weeks ago now they have 2 or 3 with most of them under 600k now.

That would probably also align with the HPCS draw down. The warnings of the beta ending date and the pricing tables came out about that same time.
On May 11th active users have to start paying for any instances they have active.
A lot of "heavy hitters" throughout the folding world are about to become "SOFT" again.

That would probably also align with the HPCS draw down. The warnings of the beta ending date and the pricing tables came out about that same time.
On May 11th active users have to start paying for any instances they have active.
A lot of "heavy hitters" throughout the folding world are about to become "SOFT" again.

I find it a bit funny that many of the other teams though our ramp up was due in part to HPCS. Yet they are the ones that seem to be taking the dip.....

We do it the [H]ard way!

I find it a bit funny that many of the other teams though our ramp up was due in part to HPCS. Yet they are the ones that seem to be taking the dip.....

We do it the [H]ard way!

To be fair, neither EVGA nor [H] used HPCS heavily enough to distort total production significantly... It is been just mud slinging both ways, which is fine I guess in the heat of competition. OCN did, however, and I expect that to show after May 10.

Keep on folding, brothers! That's what matters ;)

Ah....found it!
LINK TO THREAD

Thanks. I might look into that in the next couple of months. Gotta get into a house first...:D

Usually I link but today i'm feeling lazy:p

Goodluck with the house move - oh if you venture into the bitcoin thread someone was selling a couple of the spotswood cases recently - not sure if they are still available.

To be fair, neither EVGA nor [H] used HPCS heavily enough to distort total production significantly... It is been just mud slinging both ways, which is fine I guess in the heat of competition. OCN did, however, and I expect that to show after May 10.

I kinda figured EVGA didn't. There have been some drops in their big hitters that might suggest some use, but any number of variables could have caused it as well.

ahhhh, google was returning a DARPA project, I was like WTF?

F9MTi.png

29 Million PPD! That's as high as I've ever seen it. Not to mention evga is under 18mil, even OCN is edging them out.

Too bad eVGA will probably have some folding competition in the summer or something.

F9MTi.png

29 Million PPD! That's as high as I've ever seen it. Not to mention evga is under 18mil, even OCN is edging them out.

Too bad eVGA will probably have some folding competition in the summer or something.

lol good, let em have it in the summer. it ain't going to help, no one wants to fold with GPU's during the summer. even our time you'll probably see a production drop just because of the summer heat, think how bad it will be on their side.

lol good, let em have it in the summer. it ain't going to help, no one wants to fold with GPU's during the summer. even our time you'll probably see a production drop just because of the summer heat, think how bad it will be on their side.

I bought a house with an unfinished basement...for the sole reason to have my office down there. Its going to be soooo cold....i'm going to love it. :D

I think most of the OCN crew has already dropped HPCS, except maybe one guy. Looking at the PPD looks about right.

Chim Challenge is about to start IIRC, so PPD should be a droppin for all those teams soon also.

What's the chimp challenge?

Something that all the other teams do to generate as much arguing and posturing about rules as possible....to ultimately agree after the contest is over that the rules sucked and will be better next year. ;)

Something that all the other teams do to generate as much arguing and posturing about rules as possible....to ultimately agree after the contest is over that the rules sucked and will be better next year. ;)

That about covers it. :p

It is a contest between the top teams in F@H. It has taken many forms and the rules change every year.
A few years back the fighting got so bad [H] swore it off and has not participated since.

Things are nice and quiet here now.... the way we like it.

Last edited:
Chim Challenge is about to start IIRC, so PPD should be a droppin for all those teams soon also.

The team still gets the points so there should be no change in team perntage.

That is about the best definition of the CC I have heard. ;)

The team still gets the points so there should be no change in team perntage.
I would guess their overall daily production will go up, since they usually do heavy recruitment during the CC.

I would guess their overall daily production will go up, since they usually do heavy recruitment during the CC.

But at the same time, almost to the day if not before, they will be loosing about 2M PPD from one certain massive HPCS abuser.
And from scanning the threads a lot of others are holding out to the last minute as well.
I've also seen four 4P systems get sold over there recently, but they may have been to the same team.
Either way, we are leading the way for the cure at this point in time....

Fold on [H]

I'd just like to say, even though I'm not on the team, I fully endorse and support the sentiment in this thread, and wish you all the best in your kicking of the EVGA buttocks :)

As we would say in our forums..

Fold on sa[H]'s
banana097.gif

I think it's pretty amusing that many people here (including me) seem to have just as much fun analyzing the stats as anything else!

Guys, I think we countered the EVGA bucks ramp lol... We are still at around 3.5 months overtake(even though the 24 hour average has not updated yet) the daily points output still show a large gap.

Edit: It is only day 3 of the month and we are already at 91 million points. If we keep that up, we will be able to hit 900 Million points per month! We are getting close to a billion a month guys! Keep it up, err I mean keep it [H]ard!

FOLD ON MY [H]ARD FOLDING BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!

Last edited:
Guys, I think we countered the EVGA bucks ramp lol... We are still at around 3.5 months overtake(even though the 24 hour average has not updated yet) the daily points output still show a large gap.

Edit: It is only day 3 of the month and we are already at 91 million points. If we keep that up, we will be able to hit 900 Million points per month! We are getting close to a billion a month guys! Keep it up, err I mean keep it [H]ard!

FOLD ON MY [H]ARD FOLDING BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!

Just picked up another 460 GTX that'll go in one of my rigs to start folding with. Not much by the standards here, but I figure It'll add about ~250k to the total. (assuming I get it with 25 days left and I can get 10k ppd out of it)

Just picked up another 460 GTX that'll go in one of my rigs to start folding with. Not much by the standards here, but I figure It'll add about ~250k to the total. (assuming I get it with 25 days left and I can get 10k ppd out of it)

Every little bit helps. It all adds up.

If we can match their bux points we'll overtake in no time!

Here's to half a billion lead by Christmas! Should be easy

If we can match their bux points we'll overtake in no time!

Here's to half a billion lead by Christmas! Should be easy

I would love to see this, but nothing about retaking our #1 has been easy. It has taken years of building a base of knowlege and hardware not to mention the hundreds of dedicated folders this team has.

Once we take the crown, the battle to keep it starts.

Fold on, fold [H]!

Back