The Elder Scrolls Online

If you plan on getting ESO+ or buying crowns, then you don't need to buy the Gold Edition.
You can get the game + 2 months of Plus + 3000 Crowns for $30.

If you plan on getting ESO+ or buying crowns, then you don't need to buy the Gold Edition.
You can get the game + 2 months of Plus + 3000 Crowns for $30.

IMHO, having ESO Plus is almost useless when you're just starting out. I truly recommend holding off on ESO plus until you're at level cap and higher up on your crafting/research. Which doesn't happen overnight. Max crafting(9 trait sets) will literally take five to six consecutive months to achieve. Even the ability to craft a decent six trait set can take around two months. That's assuming you already know what trait you want to craft and how the whole Crafting/research system actually works.

As far as the ESO Plus benefits are concerned - a 10% increase to gold and XP is pretty minimal when you're starting out. And the 10% decrease in research time is pretty minimal at first too.
Once you get to level 50, are working on raising your CP Level and you feel you're going to keep playing this game, then I'd say go ahead and get ESO Plus. As you'll already have a fair amount of items/gear/achievements and even time invested in to the game.

For now, you could buy +50% XP potions from Guild Traders if you're really trying to level up fast. They don't cost much in game currency(gold) to buy them either.

Unlocked DLCS - yeah, this is nice but only for a few months. You'll be pissed off at yourself for not buying the DLC sooner than never. Spending $15 a month just for this benefit is pretty much throwing money away.

Craft bags - are the best thing ESO plus has to offer. It gives you unlimited storage for crafting materials.
To be clear, this ONLY includes crafting materials - not armor, not potions, not weapons, not food, etc.
Paying for the craft bag as a noobie is practically useless if you can't even use any of those mats yet.

Materials are extremely easy to farm in this game(other than yellow mats). And it's pretty easy to find an available player to craft you something that's out of your reach. Just supply the mats and you're good.
And since lower level gear requires next to nothing in terms of materials required, this is a no brainer method to get by until you're able to do it yourself.

For the time being, noobies should have enough room to store whatever they need in their personal inventory or bank.

Most of the items on the crown store are simply cosmetic things such as outfits, mounts, haircuts, race changes etc.
Most of what's available isn't necessary at all to play the game.
If one was to use the crown store, I would only recommend buying the mount speed and stamina upgrades.

I don't mean to down talk your post but I just have to call it how it is. Zenimax loves to cook up these deals for noobies. They know that chances are, noobies won't take advantage of it.
They know the average noobie won't go twenty hours a day and grind out everything in a month. So they'll create a combo of sorts that really doesn't benefit anyone, they'll slap a discount on it and call it a deal.

I bought crowns and ESO Plus the first day I started and regret it dearly. I wasted about six months worth before I even utilized its benefit.

Crowns go on sale like every month so it's not like it won't happen again.

Conclusion- ESO Plus is aimed more for veteran/serious players. Your first two or three months playing, just isn't enough time(for an average to moderately heavy player) to see any benefit with it.

Spend $30 now on the Gold Edition and you've permanently unlocked the DLCS, not just for a few months.

Last edited:
Base game was on sale not long ago and it cost me $26.00 CAD, now three weeks later it is on sale again and for half of what I paid.

Base game was on sale not long ago and it cost me $26.00 CAD, now three weeks later it is on sale again and for half of what I paid.
It's been $10-$12 on sites like G2A, Kinguin and CDKeys for 6+ months, and those also include pre-order bonuses.

It's been $10-$12 on sites like G2A, Kinguin and CDKeys for 6+ months, and those also include pre-order bonuses.

I bought from G2A once but all those sites are iffy and you may get a blacklisted key. I know G2A has good key guarantee if you pay them for it but, no, I won't do that. They charged me some BS service fee anyway that they never said I would be charged when I bought a game from them.

I know EA really hates G2A so buyer beware. I posted on Steam forums about Kinguin once and Steam censored their name.

Zero mentioning of added inventory space with housing. Kind of lame Imo

Yep.. Instanced housing without storage is totally pointless for me.

Just to clarify, did any of the ES games have added inventory with their housing? So why they chose the opposite route is beyond me. Lol
It's sad to say this because it's true, but ATLEAST houses are available through the base game, instead of a full on paid DLC(but apparently you can buy it up front with crowns).
So everyone can get a house whether you have the DLCS or not. Smart move. But not adding additional spaces though?
Zeni just had a brain fart. There's a poll going on at their forums right now for them to add it. Hopefully they do.

Update. From zenimax themselves

"Just to expand on this some. Extra storage in your home is something we know a number of you would love. It's something we'd love as well, but when we looked at all of the things had to get in for the base system, we had to draw the line somewhere. Additional storage didn't make the cut.

That being said, we are looking at ways to add in additional storage space in the future."

Update. From zenimax themselves

"Just to expand on this some. Extra storage in your home is something we know a number of you would love. It's something we'd love as well, but when we looked at all of the things had to get in for the base system, we had to draw the line somewhere. Additional storage didn't make the cut.

That being said, we are looking at ways to add in additional storage space in the future."
Piss poor explanation, as usual. Please explain exactly why additional storage was over the line, please.

Grabbed the gold edition tonight on a whim. Wife was tempting me with wow again, so I had to find something else.

Grabbed the gold edition tonight on a whim. Wife was tempting me with wow again, so I had to find something else.

Nice. Can't go wrong with ESO Gold.
If you have any questions about builds and stuff, feel free to inbox me or ask on here.
Have fun!

Nice. Can't go wrong with ESO Gold.
If you have any questions about builds and stuff, feel free to inbox me or ask on here.
Have fun!

Actually, I already ordered a refund after an hour. The UI was annoying, and combat was clunky (selected a dragonknight?). I couldn't stand it. :/

The game has WoW-style addons.

It doesn't have to be wow-like... but I prefer quicker, more precise combat. I play GW2 mainly these days, and even that's barely doing it for me. I'm going to delve back into BDO over the holiday and see if it's gotten any better than NA release.

No I mean the UI problems can be fixed with addons. It's totally customizable.
Can't do anything about the combat though.

Actually, I already ordered a refund after an hour. The UI was annoying, and combat was clunky (selected a dragonknight?). I couldn't stand it. :/

Oh come on now. And wows combat is better? I don't think so. In an hour you unlocked what, two low level skills? Lolol.
Should have at least waited till level 10 to hit up Cyrodiil. The PVP would have changed your mind on the combat.

Last edited:
I don't do PvP, unless I can't avoid it.

Man, I just hate to see you quit, literally so early in the game. Low level skills are absolute garbage, but work for now. And you and I both know, making an assessment of an MMO only an hour in, is kind of comical. Lol

If I played Gw2, WoW, for an hour each, and said these games suck. What would you think? You'd probably laugh right? I only had a taste of a taste of what the game offers.

Dungeons, dungeons and more dungeons. World bosses, maelstrom arena, dragonstar arena, Craglorn, etc. All places that literally take some skill to get through. All PVE places that you've missed out on. :(
From one mmo player to another, you quit way too early. You've experienced just a couple of skills out of literally hundreds and made an assessment on the entire games combat mechanics. You quit too soon.

The combat is far more interactive and immsersive than wow ever had. But it wasn't the combat that makes WoW fun.(Literally button smashing on high level raids is not what I would call a fluent combat system) Its because of everything else it has to offer.

Last edited:
But it wasn't the combat that makes WoW fun.(Literally button smashing on high level raids is not what I would call a fluent combat system) Its because of everything else it has to offer.

I would argue that compared to many many many other MMO's that i've tried, it certainly was the combat of wow that made it fun for me. The production value is second to none IMO. The way the sounds sound, the timing of the sounds with the animations and numbers that pop up, etc. It just felt fulfilling getting that crit or hitting that stun on someone.

I would argue that compared to many many many other MMO's that i've tried, it certainly was the combat of wow that made it fun for me. The production value is second to none IMO. The way the sounds sound, the timing of the sounds with the animations and numbers that pop up, etc. It just felt fulfilling getting that crit or hitting that stun on someone.

For sure. I agree that the combat in WoW is fun. No doubt. And I don't mean to down talk WoW at all. Played for five straight years and had a blast.
However, atleast in comparison to the first hour of playing(in WoW) like he did with ESO, the combat system isn't anything special.

A couple of quests done and a few skill unlocks and that's about what you've accomplished in the first hour of play. In WoW, you're not even done with the starting areas at that point. No pvp, no dungeons, not even a mount. At least in ESO you've got pretty much all of that at your disposal from the start. Tamriel One doesn't make you stick to one zone any more. It doesn't take 20 levels to get a mount either(costs just 10k gold) , dungeons are available pretty much right away, pvp(Cyrodiil) is unlocked at level 10 and you can duel at any time outside of there. But again, making an assessment based on the entire games combat system with in just one hour is quite a bit too early.

There's also three other classes he didn't even try. DKs are great, but I'd recommend something else to try out first. Such as a Templar or a night blade.

Last edited:
I quit playing several months ago, but I decided if I ever came back I'd try out stam sorc. So I still kept logging in every day to upgrade my mount.

VlwjE9X.png

I quit playing several months ago, but I decided if I ever came back I'd try out stam sorc. So I still kept logging in every day to upgrade my mount.

Stam Sorc is probably the best pvp class right now....imo
They're pretty nasty.

Fuck it, I bought it.

I haven't played an MMO since the early days of Knights of the Old Republic and Guild Wars 2.

At $25 for the Gold edition, I figured it's worth it. Didn't want to go back to either of those other two.

And I'm blazed on New Years.

Whatever

Are there any solo instances in this game? I'm lvl 10 and there's shit loads of people fighting for kills nearly everywhere I go. It's getting boring as fuck.

Are there any solo instances in this game? I'm lvl 10 and there's shit loads of people fighting for kills nearly everywhere I go. It's getting boring as fuck.

What area are you playing in? I just started as well and hit 10 yesterday. Playing in Auridon and haven't had any problems like that. Only place I run into a ton of people are the invasion gate things. Those are kinda fun but don't last long with everyone there.

What area are you playing in? I just started as well and hit 10 yesterday. Playing in Auridon and haven't had any problems like that. Only place I run into a ton of people are the invasion gate things. Those are kinda fun but don't last long with everyone there.

No idea, just doing random PVE quests. But everyone I've done so far has had at least 5 people killing the same mob. Turned it off for the rest of the day.

Yes there are dozens of solo instances. Follow the main quests and look out for the Harborage quests or any of the Guild Quests. There will be a plethora of solo instanced quests within these. Also, if you're ballsy enough, you're more than welcome to try and solo dungeons. Just simply walk in to them. They're located in every zone.

Check out the delves in each zone(caves on your map) , and world bosses too.(uncompleted world bosses show as black skulls on map) .
Also, check out Cyrodiil, go to the Imperial city which is located directly in the middle of Cyrodiil. I can guarantee you'll shit yourself for going in alone. Not only are NPCS beefed up, but there are bosses all around and of course pvp is enabled. So all three factions are in there.

Also, you only have to hit an enemy once for it to count towards your xp or quests. So if there are players around, just tag an enemy once and you'll get the credit.

Also, there is Maelstrom Arena, this should be unlocked for you since Tamriel one rolled out. It's the hardest solo dungeon in the game. It's ten rounds of brutal combat. Then, once you've completed that, you can try veteran mode. That's on a whole new level of insanity though. Maelstrom is located in northern Wrothgar.

Last edited:

Auridon is one of my favorites.

As you guys level up and start finishing up zones, you'll start noticing a decline in population. Typically players who are farming stay in the Hotspots, which there are only so many areas worthy to do so.
No idea, just doing random PVE quests. But everyone I've done so far has had at least 5 people killing the same mob. Turned it off for the rest of the day.
They're just farming. Only so many spots good for this.

Last edited:
No problem. One thing I hated in the beginning was there was really no sense of guidance or direction. It drove me crazy. The good news for beginners is, is that there is a guide and some sort of direction/goal to work towards. It's called Cadwells Almanac. If you've met Cadwell(dead guy with a pot on his head), then you've for sure unlocked it. It's basically all the main quests from all three faction zones. Complete one portion of Cadwells Almanac, you move on to the second and then the third. You can complete this in any order you want now since all regions are unlocked.

This helped me a lot.

Last edited:
Re-rolled from an Archer to a 2H sword w/ magic. Made a huge difference. Archery just doesn't work in this game. Magic and melee are where it's at.

Any recommended Add-ons?

Last edited:
Archers are nasty if you use poison/poison sets. The dot for poison if you do it right just straight melts anything.
Right now with the current patch, stamina builds are the best for PVP. Hopefully this changes soon. But then again, Magicka builds have reigned Supreme for a long time before hand.

As for addons... Check out http://www.esoui.com/addons.php

I personally don't use many, as I already got used to the simplified layout. But there are a few I recommend. Such as the mount upgrade timer addon, and any high rated dps/buff debuff counter works too.

Last edited:
Have their finally added a fully functional auction house to the game? It's the main problem I've had with the game. Hated the whole system where you had to join guilds to trade. On top of that guilds had like max 500 members so even if you joined 5 trading Guilds (the max amount of guilds you could join) you never reached more than 2500 players you could trade it. Stupid ass system.

Back