The Division 2

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by Blade-Runner, Mar 8, 2018.

1. dvsman

dvsman 2[H]4U

I can't remember if I posted in this thread or if there's another Div 2 thread here on [H] also?

Anyhoo, I'm just getting started but dvsman here and themaker387 on Uplay.

Armenius and Q-BZ like this.
  2. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

Damn, I spent over 3 hours playing the game last night and didn't realize it. Only made it through the hotel mission. I kept getting sidetracked looking down subways and alleys finding loot. I had to go to sleep before I could recruit Gracie to get into one of our clans. I'll work on that tonight. I can't believe I never got around to playing the first game because this is a lot of fun, with this type of gameplay being right up my alley.

I said it earlier in the thread, but I'll repeat it here:
    I'm ArmeniusLOD on UPlay and everywhere else. On Steam I'm just Armenius like my forum name.

3. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

It seems like the skills are fixed. I had my trust turret back and it made a difference although I still can't beat Roach. I'm 18 in a 16... I'm just not getting that damned thing done. I'm going to come at it fresh today and take one last shot. If I fail again then it's recruit, call for help, and wait until I can get help to finish that.

4. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

Any suggestion on what to take as a second skill? I took the Reviver first per the suggestion of a lot of people and I haven't needed it yet. Thinking about the defensive drone, just don't know if it's useful to invest in for later levels and endgame content because I'm worried enemies will shoot it down quickly or the batteries will run out too fast.

5. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse [H]ard|Gawd

I can't stress enough how good this game is. Im only level 8 and man im having a blast with it. I can't believe how much more involved and fun it is over the first game. (I waited 3 years for D1). The sheer amount of skills and perks is nuts compared to the first game.
    I am still getting a bug where I'm behind cover and when I double tap to deploy right on top of the barrier the turret falls through the object and just sits there and can't aim at enemies. Have had that happen at least 3 times now.

Armenius likes this.
  6. LOCO LAPTOP

LOCO LAPTOP [H]ardForum Junkie

Armenius likes this.
  7. Dan

Dan [H]ardness Supreme

soo.... i spent 30 min running around the DZ at lvl 10 after unlocking it and found 1 crate with 2 MRE's in it... and thats it.... Not a single other player, and like 3 hot spots where mobs are defending... I want to murder people...

jmaker and Armenius like this.
  8. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse [H]ard|Gawd

Lmao, you should have gone for the gear....pull out some good stuff.

9. Dan

Dan [H]ardness Supreme

there was nothing to loot, no gear to be found, no mobs to be seen. What are you talking about

10. TheCur

TheCur Doesn't like you

Armor repair is good. I'd personally take the chem launcher as that heal rocks, and oxidizer is pretty great, too.

But the turret is a good option too (the machine gun one), it can guard you back, or a flank well.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    Armenius likes this.
  11. TheCur

TheCur Doesn't like you

I pulled on average 20+ items out of each of those DZ intro missions. Check every nook and cranny. I'm an explorer and I spent over an hour running around each time. Well worth it, to me.

SomeoneElse and Armenius like this.
  12. Porter_

Porter_ [H]ardness Supreme

I believe the first intro mission into the DZ is just a PvE mission. You have to go back in to find the glorious DZ you know and love and hate and love again.

Armenius likes this.
  13. Porter_

I wonder if they’ll scale up if I let them sit in there until I’m in WT4?

14. TheCur

TheCur Doesn't like you

I tested this one regular leveling caches; didn't work.
    I also tested it on gear caches going from one WT to the next one up; didn't work.

I'd say the item level is probably locked on it upon creation of the cache. Let us know if you try it though.

Porter_ likes this.
  15. Dan

Dan [H]ardness Supreme

the intro mission i did, I went back through the gates this morning. and couldnt find jack shit. Ill play again tonight. Wife is working an overnight

Porter_ likes this.
  16. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse [H]ard|Gawd

That's odd, maybe they changed how it works since D1, but in D1 mobs where everywhere.
    They may not have these actually populated with low level mobs because of the gear. It might just be an intro to the DZ.
    I don't know yet because I haven't gotten there yet.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  17. Smutacus

Smutacus n00b

This game has pushed me into upgrading my PC - MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon, i7-9700k CPU and 2x16G of DDR4-3200 RAM on the way. :) It actually runs pretty good (45-80 FPS, average around 60 - I need to run the ingame benchmark) however that is DX11. Constant crashing with DX12, which sucks because DX12 was stable and smoother in the second Beta. CPU hiting 100% a lot, 4 cores just don't cut it anymore. :eek: Been wanting to upgrade for a while, D2 is the straw that broke the camels back. My old rig is in my sig, only thing is running a RTX 2070 instead of the GTX980 Ti.

Happy to be in the clan, right now I'm slowly leveling and enjoying the world. Lvl 15 and just did the "Meet Henry" mission. Aside from DX12 and the stupid Logitech sound bug, I've had zero issues. Game looks stunning in 3440x1440p! Sound is awesome, doubly so with good headphones.

-S

Porter_ likes this.
  18. Ragenrok

Ragenrok 2[H]4U

that will be a niceupgrade, so far I really like the 9th gen chips, my 9600k has been really good so far. Div 2 only uses 60% of it lol

19. VF31Tomcatters

VF31Tomcatters Gawd

You have to go and scan the two areas and create a map, upload it to the SHD network outside the DZ. Have to do this for all 3 of the DZs. Little tip, while doing the Recon missions, all the loot containers are not contaminated so no need to extract them except for the one that mission oriented. So, I managed to get some good guns in the DZ.

Another stupid question, where do I see my gear score now that I'm level 30. D'oh.

Frraksurred and Q-BZ like this.
  20. jmaker

jmaker Limp Gawd

Did anyone find the April Kelleher echo yet? It's a little hidden. Nice touch from the devs.

Frraksurred likes this.
  21. Porter_

Nice tip about the DZ missions, thanks man. Your gear score will show up after you’ve reached world tier 1. You have to complete the strongholds to go into world tier 1.

Q-BZ and VF31Tomcatters like this.
  22. Porter_

Some good tips here, particularly the one about manually deactivating skills.

Frraksurred, Q-BZ and SomeoneElse like this.
  23. Frraksurred

Frraksurred 2[H]4U

Sounds like a bug I encountered also. There is not supposed to be any enemies in the DZ your first time in, at least not outside of the story elements. This happened to me with both the East and South DZ, I went there, got no marker as to where to go and it was behaving like a normal DZ. I had to leave, go do some little side thing on the map, and then come back. Then the mission kicked in properly and I could complete it.

Q-BZ likes this.
  24. Frraksurred

Frraksurred 2[H]4U

I don't think so. What neck of the woods should I look?

25. Frraksurred

Frraksurred 2[H]4U

You will remain level 30 (no Gear Score) until you complete all 3 Strongholds. Start with the one in Judiciary Court, then do Roosevelt Island, and finish with the True Sons. Once you finish the last one, you will get a 30 second timer telling you, you are entering World Tier 1. At that point, when you open your inventory, you should see your GS at the center of the build wheel (the circle that shows how many pieces you have in Defense, Offense and Utility).

Q-BZ and VF31Tomcatters like this.
  26. polydiol

polydiol [H]ard|Gawd

27. jmaker

jmaker Limp Gawd

I believe Judiciary Square. It was close to the safe house.

Frraksurred likes this.
  28. VF31Tomcatters

VF31Tomcatters Gawd

That makes sense.

Been eager to find out what happens to April. The book Broken Dawn will expand on the lore too. https://www.amazon.com/Tom-Clancys-...45&s=books&sprefix=broken+dawn,aps,197&sr=1-1

Also, there's voice recordings of a certain baddie and a captain from NYC scattered around D.C.

SomeoneElse, Q-BZ, Porter_ and 2 others like this.
  29. Frraksurred

Frraksurred 2[H]4U

I ran into a clan member in the clan room last night (Fat_Moisty), so apparently if a clan member is on the same server as you, our clan room acts as a common area. We saluted / waved, talked in the clan chat for a bit and moved on. This is the first clan member I have seen ingame apart from Neo (personal friend). I am really looking forward to getting back on a 'normal' schedule and hitting WT4.

I am looking into setting up my Discord for 24/7 use. I tried doing this for the Betas, but it kept shutting itself down if no one was using it for a while. With the daughter moving out, I should have more headroom in my Internet plan as well.

SomeoneElse, Q-BZ and jmaker like this.
  30. StryderxX

StryderxX [H]ard|Gawd

21 hours playing this game it's been rock solid. Today the game crashed twice already! :mad: WTF! This is pissin' me off.

31. Mchart

Mchart 2[H]4U

I haven't had any crashes, yet. I do get some occasional one-off quite long sutters though. Like around a 1 second long straight up everything locks up, like it wanted to crash, but it keeps running fine.

32. WarriorX

WarriorX [H]ard|Gawd

Are you running DX12 by chance? I also was getting crashes but after going back to DX11 it stopped happening.

33. st4rk

st4rk Gawd

Man you guys are lucky. I had to stop playing due to random crashes which caused mission progress and loot loss. The game takes FOREVER to load initially, so I couldn't deal with it anymore (it's installed on SSD too). Luckily I got Wildlands for free, so that is getting me by for now (that and Brutal Doom). Waiting for the next patch....

34. HeYSNipES

HeYSNipES n00b

Dx12 doesn't play nice for me on this game so dx11 it is.

Q-BZ and Denpepe like this.
  35. Denpepe

Denpepe [H]ard|Gawd

I had some stuttering in DX12 every now and then, seems gone now that I gotten back to DX11.

Q-BZ likes this.
  36. craigdt

craigdt [H]ard|Gawd

Is this a game I can play a campaign by myself?

37. swatbat

swatbat [H]ardForum Junkie

You can but I'd recommend doing all of the side missions so that you are going into new areas on the higher end of the leveling for them.

Some of the main missions are kinda a pain in the ass. Having some help, even if its just random people online, really can make them less crazy.

On a side note I see the mp5 st is back. The only person I've ever seen make one of those is Mike Woodward from TSC Machine. I need to ask him next time I see him if he made that off some hk prototype design or if he made it up himself. I'm wondering if they ripped him off.

38. Frraksurred

Frraksurred 2[H]4U

Yes. I've solo'd 95% of the campaign, side missions and Strongholds. As you move into end game and replay these missions on Hard and higher, you may want to squad up (which is typically just fun in general), but it is not required.

What Swatbat is saying regarding the side missions is that the XP they reward you, scales with your rank, unlike the main missions. For this reason, it is useful to save most of them for after you hit rank 20. I waited until rank 25 to play almost all of them, and still had about 6 left over after hitting level 30, so it is not critical to save all of them.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  39. Mchart

Mchart 2[H]4U

You can play yourself, but it's way more fun playing with others. There seems to be more enemies thrown at you, and it's pure chaos at times.

Finding a team is super easy as well. You just hover over what mission you want to play on the map, hit matchmaking, and accept. They really did a good job with how easy it is to choose missions/etc.

Porter_ likes this.
  40. swatbat

swatbat [H]ardForum Junkie

I've been knocking out the side missions as I did the zones. It starts to get easier and you end up being closer to the top end of a zone when you go into it. For doing solo work I found it to be easier.

One thing I found helpful as well is that the stash rooms in the control points refill a lot of the boxes daily. I'll wait till I level up and then make the rounds and collect gear. In many cases its been giving me better stuff than I had so it helps get started on the next level.

I've had a good amount of trouble with the matchmaking. Had it keep throwing me in groups that were in other zones altogether not looking at the mission I wanted to play. I've also had it take a while to match up(xbox one edition).

Big thing with matchmaking through is that you can be revived by others. This game likes to throw people at you from different angles and it can be easy to die as you get jumped sometimes. Being on a team means you don't have to wait to respawn and do parts over. It can also help when you get just screwed. I've had a few times where stuff isn't being displayed like fire and you get trashed. Again having even random match ups from the matchmaking can save your ass.