The Division 2

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by Blade-Runner, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Frraksurred

Frraksurred 2[H]4U

Some tips:

• Faction Keys can be farmed in the Sewers. Faction Loot boxes often have skins and mods in addition to gear, so they are worth the extra effort. The Sewer where the Bridge goes down into the Roosevelt Island has 5-6 key boxes. Going right after donating to the nearby Control Point (provided you have put points into the perk) will make these much easier to find.
    • Weapon Mods only need to be crafted once and level with you, so there is no reason not to craft all of them as soon as you unlock them.
    • When your Field Efficiency caches start giving you Purple gear, you should notice shortly thereafter that your Crafting Bench can be upgraded. This does not happen automatically. Go to the bench and find the option at the bottom of the menu (if available)
    • Dovetailing off Marco's video about Blueprints and Control Points, keep in mind that all the boxes at each Control Point you have liberated refresh each 24 hrs, except the large orange crate. This means once a day you can do a 'Control Point Hop' and have a dozen or more weapons and gear pieces of your current level, if you want. Now, this could take a lot of fun out of the game, and may get patched out at some point, so use at your own discretion. Either way, if you need some quick money, crafting materials, or to gear up after ranking up, this is possibly the fastest, easiest way to do it. Personally I only do this if I need something quick for a Blueprint or purchase, because I enjoy the gameplay. That said, it is a free, legit resource.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  2. horrorshow

horrorshow [H]ardness Supreme

For anyone that needs to know - Volumetric Fog is the "magic setting" to turn down when you need fps....

HeYSNipES and Armenius like this.
  3. Frraksurred

Frraksurred 2[H]4U

This should shed some light.

jmaker, GSDragoon and horrorshow like this.
  4. Derangel

Derangel [H]ard as it Gets

Realistically, how much of the game can be solo'd?

Frraksurred likes this.
  5. Frraksurred

Frraksurred 2[H]4U

All of it. This may change, but current content, including End Game Strongholds, are being solo'd right now with decent but not optimized gear.

Armenius likes this.
  6. Mylex

Mylex [H]Lite

ugh, I was in a team and we got served by a hunter. It was just a side mission but it was a trap.

StryderxX and Frraksurred like this.
  7. Frraksurred

Frraksurred 2[H]4U

That side mission was just a teaser. Scared the piss out of me too, lol.

--

Just a heads up, there is currently a bug in the game affecting players of a lower rank, when playing with friends of a higher rank. The game equalizes / normalizes the difference so it is not punishing like D1 was, but... the lower rank player's Armor is not scaling correctly, so they are getting 1 or 2 shot. Many assumed the difficulty just ramped up, and it does, but that is not the whole story. I've witnessed this myself with people playing with me.

There is a fix for other issues coming in tonight or tomorrow, but it doesn't sound like this will make it into it. It should however be in the next one. Massive have released a hotfix almost daily, so props to them for doing everything they can.

Armenius, Brackle and Mylex like this.
  8. CrimsonKnight13

CrimsonKnight13 Lord Stabington of [H]ard|Fortress

I had this same issue last week & it really irked me. I'm hoping this gets fixed right.

9. primetime

primetime [H]ardness Supreme

thanks.....getting it now....figured it be something like that....its pretty cool for tweaking for max settings and acceptable performance and of course taking screenshots

10. horrorshow

horrorshow [H]ardness Supreme

To save people's time (cut this out of the video) -
    tweak.jpg

11. primetime

primetime [H]ardness Supreme

this is me lol
    0uzKBm1Ut-Tb6zpjRy1LMCGBQyOu_QRbzU98mYmnpDxvbflwYw8K6YnXROK_Gqbmhzfhir-easI5OrbJCo=w1368-h770-no.jpg

Porter_ likes this.
  12. Ocellaris

Ocellaris Ginger @le, an alcoholic's best friend.

Just finished Roosevelt Island Stronghold on Challenging difficulty in World Tier 4... I was in the same group I’ve played the whole game with so far, would have been nearly impossible with randoms.

Took about three hours, 2.5 of which was wiping on the last encounter. The fight is a monster which requires a quite complex multi phased plan :eek:

Bring on World Tier 5 :p

13. Business6

Business6 [H]ard|Gawd

So I can't seem to get above 41fps in DX11 regardless of what I do with the settings, wtf. Anyone else encounter this?

DX12 runs at well over 100fps but it hitches and is guaranteed to crash after a given amount of time.

edit: ugh, apparently I thought I disabled "enable reduced latency." Much improved results but trying to find the sweet spot of using more gpu

14. socK

socK 2[H]4U

I look like my mom let me dress myself for the first time.

I was amazed to unbox that jacket on my first blue box ever followed by a couple of other purples. I apparently have pretty good apparel luck so far even if I look like a disjointed clown.

"Special" agent.

upload_2019-3-17_23-48-59.png

Armenius likes this.
  15. Business6

Business6 [H]ard|Gawd

I made Carl Weathers. Or Gary Coleman + Mario, depending on how you look at it
    hpVlVMd.jpg

16. GOD'SlittleSERVANT

GOD'SlittleSERVANT [H]ardness Supreme

Found a couple of bugs so far.

1, I couldn't run at all. Everything around me was moving and I could move my mouse, but I couldn't go into inventory, the main menu or run.
    2, After going into the darkzone and leaving, the armor stat stayed the same on all of my pieces of equipment. A backpack level 17 superior had the same armor compared to a level 15 common backpack.

17. Porter_

Porter_ [H]ardness Supreme

I’ve been looking for a 7.62 extended mag for the AK assault rifles but I don’t think one exists for the level 1-30 grind. Tonight I got an ACR and it’s really comparable to my AK-M of the same level. The ACR is 5.56 so the currently available extended mag works. It’s a nice substitute if you’re looking for a 60 round AK.

18. CrimsonKnight13

The clan is full it seems. I wound up creating one on my own. If anyone wants in on that one, let me know.

19. Dan

Dan [H]ardness Supreme

sure :D espin679

CrimsonKnight13 likes this.
  20. Porter_

Porter_ [H]ardness Supreme

It just reached 50 members tonight

21. WarriorX

WarriorX [H]ard|Gawd

You might have the stats showing in normalization mode. Theres is a toggle hotkey to change that, look for it mentioned somewhere on the UI when looking at your inventory. Think it might be X but Im not in game to verify. When you do though it should show your stats for your level

GOD'SlittleSERVANT likes this.
  22. Betauser

Betauser 2[H]4U

yeah, that's exactly I was experiencing. I'm still on 417.35 driver and not sure if that's because of it. There's a new driver, but I haven't updated yet.

23. CrimsonKnight13

Invite sent. I'm currently living in South Korea, so time won't always match up. Once I head stateside soon, I'll be able to game regularly at night.

Q-BZ likes this.
  24. jmaker

jmaker Limp Gawd

Buy it. It's a ton of fun. And I'm still not in end game. I'm having a blast just exploring the map, doing all the side missions, gathering collectibles.

There's no way you can get bored playing this.

There is one drawback that's hampering the game right now. It's the skill bug with your skills going into cooldown as soon as you deploy them. It's a known top priority fix for the devs. Just wanted to make everyone aware.

25. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

Agreed. There's a lot of value here.

Oh wow... so I'm not nuts. I was wondering what was I seeing there. Thanks for the info!

jmaker likes this.
  26. LOCO LAPTOP

LOCO LAPTOP [H]ardForum Junkie

Is there a discord for all of us to voice chat?

Was playing for a little while with Fearofcow yesterday and that would of been nice.

27. harmattan

harmattan [H]ardness Supreme

For those who have started playing, is this game worthwhile if you only ever intend on playing single player?

I got this game for free with an AMD card, but really don't want to expend the effort even to install it if it's MP only.

28. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse [H]ard|Gawd

I ended up playing a short amount with primetime last night, but I ended up having a game breaking bug with the UI where I closed out of the inventory menu and the menu items disappeared but it was still acting like I was in the menu. I couldn't exit or click anywhere I just have to shutdown the application and start over. The sheer amount of activities to do is insane already and light years ahead of D1. (and im only LEVEL 5!).

If you are on the fence about buying this game, don't waitpull the trigger and get it now, you won't regret it.

AthlonXP and Q-BZ like this.
  29. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse [H]ard|Gawd

You can solo most of the game. My buddies from work play and we are all at different levels so we are going it alone until we all level out and run the same missions.

Q-BZ likes this.
  30. AthlonXP

AthlonXP [H]ard as it Gets

Played with you and some other forum guys yesterday. Sorry I had my mic off but we rolled through some fun stuff until the MLK library.. Man that was a pain in the ass.

Mylex likes this.
  31. TheCur

TheCur Doesn't like you

Absolutely. Everything is soloable right now. All the way to WT4 (WT5 isn't open, yet).

It's a gorgeous world filled with things to do.

SomeoneElse likes this.
  32. TheCur

TheCur Doesn't like you

You can absolutely co-op with people at different levels, and different parts of the story. Don't let that stop you. Your higher level buds can come join you / help out. The game will auto adjust lower level people up to even it out, and loot will still be appropriate for you.

The game is even more enjoyable this way!!

SomeoneElse likes this.
  33. StryderxX

StryderxX [H]ard|Gawd

Lol... I was with you on that mission!

Mylex likes this.
  34. Mylex

Mylex [H]Lite

no worries, I was having a good time. The difficulty scaling is pretty good for me. I don't like it when its a small increase but they at least didn't make it impossible.

35. Mylex

Mylex [H]Lite

I'm currently stuck at the campus settlement 3/4 missions part. Trying to find the last step to go to the next mission. Taking a break then one last stab at it before it look it up.

36. dvsman

dvsman 2[H]4U

Any newbs still thinking of starting up? I just loaded it yesterday (AMD rewards too) and made it to the White House before I had to go out.

Armenius likes this.
  37. Brackle

Brackle Old Timer

I have the exact same setup as you, and I run at 1440p 144hz. I used the HUB Quality settings on this post and I get fantastic results.

https://hardforum.com/threads/the-division-2.1956008/page-21#post-1044127099

38. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

I got reminded of how frustrating these games can be.

The rescue Elis-Beat Roach Mission. I don't think I can do this by myself. Or I'm doing it wrong so I'll be summoning help for it soon.

39. StryderxX

StryderxX [H]ard|Gawd

What level is that mission rated for?

40. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

It's 16 and I'm 17.

I got through the mini boss choke area where you get Elis's location and break out of that vault (this was kind of tough)...then I get all the way through the rest of it to the boss fight and it just gets dumb and overwhelming. I'm either using wrong weapons, wrong tactics, or something else.