The Division 2

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Hardware' started by Blade-Runner, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Porter_

Porter_ [H]ardness Supreme

The weekly clan reward caches scale with you if you leave them in the stash. This week’s was awarded to me when I was in world tier 1 with a gear score of 289. I opened it when I was in world tier 3 with a gear score of 335 and the items I got were gear score 345-350.

2. Kvothe

Kvothe [H]ard|DCer of the Month - October 2006

I've been doing this too, same with the "hidden" air drops on the buildings/trees. I've managed to get a small pile of dyes from those, but for some reason the control points seem like they're only interested in giving me shotguns and SMGs over and over and over..... :grumpy:

Armenius likes this.
  3. Bankie

Bankie [H]ard|Gawd

Has anyone seen any CPU benchmarks for TD2? It's running great on my 4.8Ghz 7700k but it's getting pegged to 100% at times. I'm wondering if the Ryzen 5/7 and the 6+ core i7s are getting better performance.

4. CAD4466HK

CAD4466HK [H]ard|Gawd

5. Porter_

I didn’t watch the State of the Game but I read the summary on reddit. The most interesting thing for me: sometime in the future they plan to add a FOV slider. Great news.

FearTheCow, Dahkoht and Frraksurred like this.
  6. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

A CPU being fully utilized does not necessarily mean poor performance. It seems that this game scales very well with your hardware.
    Looks like 8 threads, to me. Scaling pretty much stops after that according to the charts. The picture showing the graphs for all 16 threads on the 9900K is just the result of load balancing.

SomeoneElse likes this.
  7. StryderxX

StryderxX [H]ard|Gawd

I'm running the game on an i9 9900k and I normally see about 50% CPU utilization.

Armenius likes this.
  8. CAD4466HK

CAD4466HK [H]ard|Gawd

Doh! Your right, I totally skipped over the core scaling graph smh.

Armenius likes this.
  9. Armenius

Same, which reinforces the "scaling to 8 threads" thought.

CAD4466HK likes this.
  10. Frraksurred

Frraksurred 2[H]4U

Well... I know what build I'm using for the foreseeable future:

Today's State of the Game:

Mostly bug fixes, including a partial fix for friend of a different level joining you and getting 1 shot. And of course the FOV Slider already mentioned.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    ghostwich, Derangel, Porter_ and 2 others like this.
  11. Crispy002

Crispy002 [H]ard|Gawd

Is it just me or are LMGs way better than any other weapon? The DMRs are the only things that come close. Anything else feels like the game is on hard mode. Thoughts?

12. Mchart

Mchart 2[H]4U

They are. I'm pretty sure their stability will be nerfed. Right now, even with no stability mods, you can easily just lay down highly accurate and stable fire with high damage per round. There is basically no reason to use any other weapon as the sustained fire rate destroys everything else over time.

13. swatbat

swatbat [H]ardForum Junkie

I use a 5.56 gun like the m4, g36, etc as the primary with the double sized mag. Usually have a lmg that holds around 100 rounds as my secondary for taking out elites.

Armenius likes this.
  14. Ragenrok

Ragenrok 2[H]4U

Only at lv 7 right now but I've noticed this to. I can mow down 5-6 regular enemies or 2-3 purps with 1 clip lol, only other guns that use are shit gun for rushers or snipers for long range ambush but 90% of my game time is spent with a lmg

15. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

LMG like a 249 is saving my ass and I almost always have one on me. I have been using MK17s and comparable rifles a lot as well otherwise.

Armenius likes this.
  16. polydiol

polydiol [H]ard|Gawd

for the most part LMGs are where its at, I have found shotguns that work extremely well depending on your playstyle and I've also found a few assault rifles with large clips of 60 rounds that behave like an LMG but without the reloading time that also work well.

Q-BZ likes this.
  17. Bigbacon

Bigbacon [H]ardForum Junkie

I went through div 1 using lmgs as well. Pretty much using them ib this as well.

18. Porter_

Yeah LMG’s are great in this game. Like swatbat, I always keep a 5.56 AR with extended mag in my primary slot. I swap my secondary slot between LMG’s and DMR’s (LMG’s if I know it’s going to get serious for something like strongholds). AR’s are just so universal. They’re good for medium and short range and can work at long ranges in a pinch.

Q-BZ, Armenius and SomeoneElse like this.
  19. swatbat

swatbat [H]ardForum Junkie

Yep the 5.56 mgs can be burst for longer ranges. I generally keep back as this game will spawn people from more angles. Most of my friends that I game with didn't pick this up and the one that I played with the most in the first game passed away. If I was playing in a normal group more I'd be using a dmr more in my second spot.

Porter_ likes this.
  20. Frraksurred

Frraksurred 2[H]4U

Have you tried a TAR-21 with an extended mag (60rds) with a 1pc Tarkerov that adds10% AR dmg? Or an MPX with the talent the adds 15 rds while using gear pieces that add CHD & SMG damage? I agree that the M60 with 120 rds and a ROF & Reload boost is pretty darn hard to beat, especially against Bosses, but it is not the only game in town. That said, yes, they do feel like they got more love in this game than in D1.

jmaker likes this.
  21. Frraksurred

Frraksurred 2[H]4U

Alright, World Tier 3... and I'm tired. Time for bed. Oh, and I got my first Hunter tonight.

--

Nice build if you like the SMG's:

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    Q-BZ and jmaker like this.
  22. PanzeR-

PanzeR- Limp Gawd

Tried to buy the game last night. Shows in my order history (with receipt and everything), does not show in my gamelist. Sent in a DM on twitter and filled a ticket with ubisoft support. Charge is still pending on my CC and i really dont know what to do at this point. Should i re-order? will they drop the pending charge or refund it somewhere down the line? never had shit like that happen on steam.

23. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse [H]ard|Gawd

Interesting how it shows up as an option on steam because they did the whole exclusive on EGS. That might be the problem. I would just go buy it on the Uplay store instead, it will launch from there anyway. Definitely get your money back on it though.

24. Porter_

Did you order on uplay? This is probably a dumb question, but did you check the uninstalled games section of your games list on uplay? Uninstalled games are hidden by default and you need to ‘expand’ that section to make them visible.

Armenius likes this.
  25. dvsman

dvsman 2[H]4U

I Just wanted to drop a note on here in case anyone was thinking of buying a new monitor. Recently I changed the monitor on my gaming rig from an Alienware 3418DW 3440x1440 @100hz to a Monoprice MP 49 ultrawide 3840x1080 @144hz. While some games don't support ultrawides this wide and just stretch a 1080 or whatever image sideways which looks horrible (like Devil May Cry 5) ... I'm glad to say that Division 2 DOES support the ultrawide format. Man does that extra wide look good.

26. PanzeR-

PanzeR- Limp Gawd

I actually bought it from uplay, mentionned that i never had such a thing happen on steam

It wasnt there. Lot of people had this problem yesterday evening. I bought it "again" this morning and everything went smoothly. Still show that i have 2 orders in my order history and still have the first order pending on my cc

SomeoneElse and Q-BZ like this.
  27. Armenius

Just be advised to not go down the route of a chargeback if you get charged twice. Ubisoft would likely permanently suspend your account if you did that.

28. Q-BZ

Q-BZ [H]ard as it Gets

Yup.

Shotties like the SAS-12 (?) have been a good LMG alternate for me but I do find now that an LMG is practically a fixture for me as a complement to a rifle of some sort. I love the MK17 and I tend to use it arguably the most alternating with the occasional Carbine or Marksman. Slap a VX12 scope on it and some of the mods and the specs come out "net positive." It just depends on the situation. ;)

dvsman and Porter_ like this.
  29. Frraksurred

Frraksurred 2[H]4U

I always have one in my secondary slot if I can help it. It has gotten me out of a lot of sticky situations. That said, I tend to lean on the AR's for most my shooting. The TAR-21 beams really well and has a nice mag capacity; if I get one with the increased ROF perk too = bonus.

jmaker, Q-BZ and dvsman like this.
  30. Porter_

I made it to WT4 last night and this morning I did my first control point at alert level 3. They’re pretty damn tough! I’ll have to gear up before I try alert level 4. I like the increased difficulty compared to the first game.

Armenius and Frraksurred like this.
  31. Denpepe

Denpepe [H]ard|Gawd

Don't forget to claim your free game for those that preordered it, I forgot you have to go claim it so gentle reminder for the short memoried amongst us.

32. Derangel

Derangel [H]ard as it Gets

benchmark_20190321_14h26m.png

Not quite the full 144hz my monitor supports but not too bad. Glad I picked up a monitor that works with G-Sync (not on the list but works perfectly fine otherwise) so everything is super smooth with no tearing and I've yet to notice any slow-down. Might play around with setting this weekend, when I have more than a couple hours before and after work, and see if I can push it closer to the 144 mark without sacrificing the visuals too much.

Q-BZ likes this.
  33. Frraksurred

Frraksurred 2[H]4U

Looking forward to this myself. I still have to gear up some more before I can tackle the WT3 missions and Stronghold. I have to be out of town for the weekend, so I'll be chomping at the bit by the time I'm home.

Armenius, Porter_ and jmaker like this.
  34. GOD'SlittleSERVANT

GOD'SlittleSERVANT [H]ardness Supreme

Man, I'm only level 22.

I have no idea what this WT4 and alert stuff is yet. Hoping it's good....

Armenius likes this.
  35. ghostwich

ghostwich [H]ard|Gawd

36. Dahkoht

Dahkoht Limp Gawd

Saw they said there were going to add a FOV slider , anyone heard/seen any rough eta on that ? Just wondering if weeks/months etc. Can't really play it until then. Thanks.

37. ghostwich

ghostwich [H]ard|Gawd

Pretty sure they didn't officially announce a timeline other than "they're working on it." I'm the same way, at the distance I sit at my screen to KBM it's awful- the first game was like that as well and I resorted to using a controller and sitting further away.

I find it's significant that they announced that they're working on it.

Dahkoht likes this.
  38. Dahkoht

Dahkoht Limp Gawd

Same here. I had written it off as I am prone to the motion sickness on tight FOV shooters , and had was very pleasantly surprised they said they would add it.

I saw quite a few requests for it on reddit and other forums, so I'm assuming they decided it would be worth it.

39. ghostwich

ghostwich [H]ard|Gawd

Yeah I've been complaining since the first game, and in general there's such a difference between desk-distance and couch-distance. The cross-platform games have this issue the most often (and I'm looking at you, Warframe).

Edit-

Oh right, I also wanted to say, the max FOV setting in Ghost Recon Wildlands is perfect. The two games shared early development.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  40. macksomerville

macksomerville [H]ard|Gawd

LOL I have a similar clip... Same ladder ;)

squishy, Armenius and Frraksurred like this.