The Altcoin Thread

ypool is very slow/down for me. But I am getting accepted shares. Is there any way to know all the GPU's are being utilized? It's saying around 400k kh/s for 2 7950s and an R9 270x.

Holeh moly. 800ish shares/h vs 50 I got with my CPU xD

My command line is just the basics and then -d 0,1,2 (my GPUs, don't wanna use my CPU)

EDIT: Ok it worked fine. I did just do 3 instances, but it adds up to pretty much the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, all the MaxCoin pools are getting DDOS'd pretty hard, ypool seems to be the most stable.

400k kH sounds about right, could check the utilization graph in MSI afterburner to make sure

It's late and I'm confused. Not fiddling around with Maxcoin anymore... my brain will explode if I do.

Well I'm using about 200 watts less with this miner, but I am making coins pretty quickly. If they weren't utilized 100%, would there be a way to increase the usage? This miner seems very basic

Man, now I'm kicking myself for not looking into this more. I could have been using this miner hours ago :(

Well I'm using about 200 watts less with this miner, but I am making coins pretty quickly. If they weren't utilized 100%, would there be a way to increase the usage? This miner seems very basic

Man, now I'm kicking myself for not looking into this more. I could have been using this miner hours ago :(

Run more instances. I've seen guys posting pics of them running 3 instances on one 270X

Run more instances. I've seen guys posting pics of them running 3 instances on one 270X

Oh shit, you can run more than one instance per card? Lemme check afterburner and see which cards needs some more work :D

Sorry for my excitement, I'm like a 5 year old on Christmas Day right now :p

Running 4 instances of all cards now. Might be better to do individually though. Who knows, let's see how this goes. I just mined more in like 40 minutes than I did in 8+ hours with my CPU last night.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played with a few other switchers and now I'm going back to middlecoin. The lower powered rigs seem to have some trouble with middlecoin but for any card over about 450k its still the best even with higher rejects than normal places.

I played with a few other switchers and now I'm going back to middlecoin. The lower powered rigs seem to have some trouble with middlecoin but for any card over about 450k its still the best even with higher rejects than normal places.

So what were the issues you had with other multipools?

Hah, i couldn't get the wallet to work or find a pool that was up. /r/maxcoinproject is imploding.

Ya, I downloaded the wallet, but saw that it was some command line thing... it was too late so I decided to just stop and not worry about it.

As far as I know, there are no actual pools for Maxcoin... well, there are, but they are not set up similarly to regular pools. It's easy enough to figure them out but then getting the wallet set up was going to be the issue.

Then I also see that what pools do exist are being DDOSed into the ground.

It's almost too much effort for what is probably a regular return about now... now that the entire world has had a chance to jump on the bandwagon. Network hash rate is already at 2200+GH/s and difficulty is at 17000+. I'm guessing the returns aren't as great as last night about now.

Well this is a clusterfuck. Ypool pulled maxcoin... after I had been mining it all night. I fell asleep during when that happened, and I don't think I had a payout address set. So where the fuck are my coins?!

3 6950's mining for roughly 9 hours.... wtf.

Well this is a clusterfuck. Ypool pulled maxcoin... after I had been mining it all night. I fell asleep during when that happened, and I don't think I had a payout address set. So where the fuck are my coins?!

3 6950's mining for roughly 9 hours.... wtf.

According to their Twitter feed, they're still paying out the coins that were mined at some point. They are just removing support for the coin because a number of Maxcoin pools are now prime targets for DDOS attacks.

My 270 rigs are running a reject of ~5.5% and my 280x rigs are running a reject of ~1%. Acceptable to me. Plus the pay out is still awesome.

According to their Twitter feed, they're still paying out the coins that were mined at some point. They are just removing support for the coin because a number of Maxcoin pools are now prime targets for DDOS attacks.

That's fine and dandy, but I don't believe I ever put in a payment address. They took the coin off their portal, so how the hell do I get the coins that I mined?

edit: nevermind... I found a way in, got my coins.

That's fine and dandy, but I don't believe I ever put in a payment address. They took the coin off their portal, so how the hell do I get the coins that I mined?

edit: nevermind... I found a way in, got my coins.

Good to hear... glad things worked out for ya. :)

still sort of new to all this but waflflepool seems to be doing really well for me frequent payouts and they seem to be fairly high. So far better results than middlecoin.

Okay, I've given up on maxcoin officially as of now. I've made a grand total of ~13 MAX in the span of about 10 hours.

Back to the stable of scrypt.

im pointing my whopping 4.3Mhash to DOGE till the halving ... will wait to see what happens after that.

If it stays more profitable than LTC I'll keep mining it -- if not I'll just start adding to my modest LTC collection.

Okay, I've given up on maxcoin officially as of now. I've made a grand total of ~13 MAX in the span of about 10 hours.

Back to the stable of scrypt.

That's around .055BTC . You have under 2mh/s I thought? That's a pretty good return.

im pointing my whopping 4.3Mhash to DOGE till the halving ... will wait to see what happens after that.

If it stays more profitable than LTC I'll keep mining it -- if not I'll just start adding to my modest LTC collection.
This is what I am doing as well :) Currently got 135,000 coins and I can make about 25,000 every 2-2.5 days

I'm now mining and holding max. I've already mined and converted into ~3 BTC. Difficulty is going up so fast (now 34,000) that it might end up really overshooting and killing profitably so much (just the moment) that it could result in a big pump. Even though it is still very profitable at the moment (mined 15 in the past hour alone = 0.06 BTC), it seems stable around 0.004 BTC/MAX, so I'll just keep mining, and adding to the 100 I have on me and just wait. I'm hoping to get another chance to sell at 0.01 BTC/MAX.

I'm finding the keccak cgminer to be unstable (it will eventually crash and stop working), so this is requiring constant checkups of my miners through TeamViewer every 30 minutes or so.

Last edited:
I'm now mining and holding max. I've already mined and converted into ~3 BTC. Difficulty is going up so fast (now 34,000) that it might end up really overshooting and killing profitably so much (just the moment) that it could result in a big pump. Even though it is still very profitable at the moment (mined 15 in the past hour alone = 0.06 BTC), it seems stable around 0.004 BTC/MAX, so I'll just keep mining, and adding to the 100 I have on me and just wait. I'm hoping to get another chance to sell at 0.01 BTC/MAX.

I'm finding the keccak cgminer to be unstable (it will eventually crash and stop working), so this is requiring constant checkups of my miners through TeamViewer every 30 minutes or so.

Why not make a batch file that kills off the miner instances and then restarts them?

I'm not at home, but this *should* do it for you.

Download sleep.exe from: https://github.com/nZEDb/nZEDb/blob/master/misc/update/win/Sleep.exe
Put all of the files in your cgminer folder, add your parameters to your version of cgminer as appropriate.

You'll need to have two separate DOS boxes open, each running a separate batch file since one batch file can't simultaneously run cgminer and sleep. The sleep file essentially pauses the number of seconds (1800 = 30 mins) before it lets the next command execute. One batch file will kill off the current instance of CGminer and then run sleep for 30 mins in a loop. The other batch file just starts cgminer up 5 seconds after cgminer gets killed off. If you leave them both running it will do this forever.

reset.bat
:top1
sleep.exe 1800
taskkill /f /im cgminer.exe
goto top1

miner.bat
:top2
cgminer <parameters>
sleep.exe 5
goto top2

If it's helpful and you want to tip:
BTC: 1NW2X8JLeVz7NhKDzeoR1pUf6qLkzGS2V6
LTC: LdLTrSCg3gXZa8wfLs3ptxf7CkgL3UTtKv
Doge: DA2koKuJP6Ytf72NzNvE5yFhudLRMUq7ZL

Last edited:
That's around .055BTC . You have under 2mh/s I thought? That's a pretty good return.

According to what my cards spit out for scrypt, yes, about 1.8MH/s.

The question is do I sell those maxcoins now or should I hold onto them... the ever eternal question.

According to what my cards spit out for scrypt, yes, about 1.8MH/s.

The question is do I sell those maxcoins now or should I hold onto them... the ever eternal question.

Mine more. Most profitable coin right now. I get about 750mh/s.

true, there will probably be another pump if this was any other coin I'd say it would keep going down but Max himself could easily buy up the entire order book right now

Mine more. Most profitable coin right now. I get about 750mh/s.

My 6950 rig refuses to mine with cgminer 3.6.6 for whatever reason. It only worked with the ypool client. I'm not going through the trouble of wasting downtime trying to figure out why while in the meantime difficulty shoots up exponentially by the minute.

I could put my 7950 back on it, but "meh". The difficulty is ramping up so fast and the pools out there suck ridiculously bad.

Last edited:
I'd be more anxious to jump on the MAX bandwagon if I could at least calculate what kind of hash rate I could achieve using the Keccak client. That would go a long way to helping me determine how many MAX I could expect and whether it was leaps and bounds greater than what I could make on other scrypt coins.

Wow there are some really bad rumors about Mt.Gox today. There's something about the exchange possibly never actually having had the funds backed (essentially stealing BTC). Now people are selling "Gox BTC" at 80-90% "real BTC" rates. I hope this isn't true, and just nothing more than a glitch. This would be a huge blow to cryptos as whole. :(

And that explains why BTC has dropped below $700 on all over the exchanges, with Gox being the lowest, which is very abnormal.

I'd be more anxious to jump on the MAX bandwagon if I could at least calculate what kind of hash rate I could achieve using the Keccak client. That would go a long way to helping me determine how many MAX I could expect and whether it was leaps and bounds greater than what I could make on other scrypt coins.

In 5.5 hours I've mined about 10. This is with a ~1.6mh/s rig for script, gets around 750mh/s for keccac. That is around .04ish BTC in 5.5 hours. You aren't even getting close to that with 1.6mh/s on any other coin.

280x's should get 300-350 mh/s each, 7950 270-320mh/s. Do the math.

Love my alt coins doing the doge almost 12MH about .15-.16 a day or so last few days

good times

I use
3 270x, 1330kh
4 280x 2900kh
4 280x, 2900kh
1 280x 715kh
2 290, 1750kh
2 290x 1940kh
2 7780 320kh

270x xfx cards is my newest build 3 of them 440kh each card 2% reject rate or less.
I try to keep rejects low rather then peak kh

In 5.5 hours I've mined about 10. This is with a ~1.6mh/s rig for script, gets around 750mh/s for keccac. That is around .04ish BTC in 5.5 hours. You aren't even getting close to that with 1.6mh/s on any other coin.

280x's should get 300-350 mh/s each, 7950 270-320mh/s. Do the math.

And what pools has everyone here been using?

I might give this a day just for shits and giggles.

I've been using smalltime miner since this morning, but the dwarfpool is pretty good too. 1gh pool is good if you can actually connect to it. Grab their gpu miner though, it works with all pools I think.

Wow there are some really bad rumors about Mt.Gox today. There's something about the exchange possibly never actually having had the funds backed (essentially stealing BTC). Now people are selling "Gox BTC" at 80-90% "real BTC" rates. I hope this isn't true, and just nothing more than a glitch. This would be a huge blow to cryptos as whole. :(

And that explains why BTC has dropped below $700 on all over the exchanges, with Gox being the lowest, which is very abnormal.

Gox? A Ponzi scheme? Noooooo.... :D

I have just shy of half a max in the last 50 minutes of mining with suprnova.cc on a single 7950.

I'd imagine if my 6950's played nice, that's be about 1.5.

I've been using smalltime miner since this morning, but the dwarfpool is pretty good too. 1gh pool is good if you can actually connect to it. Grab their gpu miner though, it works with all pools I think.

Small time miner has shut their registrations off.... my next choice would probably have to be 1gh.com, but I may try dwarfpool instead. I'll get everything ready, but I'm so close to my DOGE target, I'm just gonna finish that off before switching. If I miss the boat because I waited too long, meh. Maybe Small time miner will have reopened their registrations again by then too... I've used one of their other pools before for something. I like 'em.

I sell every day or less
with Doge I get about 10k and sell, I do this non stop.
once I hit .10 I transfer it to an exchange and convert to cash.

Id rather not be holding the bag if it tanks and if I miss out on some spike or pump o well.

There's an interesting article on CoinDesk...http://www.coindesk.com/mt-gox-first-bitcoin-exchange-dead/ I think it better explains the Gox situation. Still no definitive answer, but there are opinions included in there from others who are a little closer to the action. The ultimate message... Gox is dead.

Back