Tekken 8

I went and looked at his post history to see if he ever posted anything else besides screenshots of his Steam Library...he actually went from posting pics of his GPU's to now posting screenshots of his games or Steam Library...before that he only posted in the FS/FT threads...I actually had to go back to 2015 to find a post of his where it wasn't some type of screenshot
:ROFLMAO:.

As expected, they went after grabs again. I don't get that. In tournaments for T7 you'd almost never see one land. They're pushing T8 back toward that. I'm glad King still has a few tracking grabs, but they aren't the ones people want/use (giant swing, muscle buster, shining wizard, figure four, etc.).

I can only speak for King, but his changes are fucking wild. They gave him the ability to wave dash...although it never considers him crouching so high attacks will nail him. Attacks out of it (including multipart throws) are faster than they were, though. Muscle buster now leaves him negative and wide open for a mix-up from opponents now! Not sure why anyone would use it anymore vs. the figure four or coconut buster.
DF+2 no longer has a built-in delay. You can just crouch and fire it off immediately. F+3 into DDT no longer requires any timing at all, but you're minus on block. FF2 now leaves opponents negative...but is still slow as hell and tough to use. Some of his older standard juggle combos have tighter timing and/or don't work 100% of the time, too.

With all of that + the universal changes to the game it feels quite different playing King now. He's better in some ways, but I can't tell if that's just a smokescreen. The wave dash thing seems neat, but he doesn't have any lows out of it and doesn't crouch...so it's not really all that great.

Been seeing a lot of Kings and Kazuya's the last 2 days. Ran into about 10 kings yesterday in ranked, 2 today. 8 or 9 Kazuya's yesterday and 5 today. This is at blue ranks, which is a pain in the ass because Blue is where high level players default to on alts. Fortunately the prowess based match-making is only matching me with people up to around 250k. Still getting my ass kicked a lot though. Also surprisingly running into a lot of Azucena's which I hardly ran into any on the last patch.

I still play normal quick matches. The best players I've still ever encountered have 0 points or some random total under 10K. Like they played ranked 1-2 times to get the achievement and then never again. Occasionally I'll get paired with someone with some score between 150K-300K and they're usually cocky as hell and get blown up.
As far as character stuggles go, I have issues with Hwoarang, Steve, and Jack. Hwarang and Steve because their strings are very "knowledge check" heavy. You either know when to dick punch them or they can just keep spamming strings all day. I really miss the push back from the older games when things mostly went back to neutral after each string. With Jack, it's just the sheer damage he gets off his quick launchers. Especially in levels with walls. I feel like he can keep trying to crouch in bad scenarios because the payoff = 60% damage + advantage if it ever works. Feels like a lot of Jack players aren't even working on fundamentals, they're just wizards with hitting WS2 off jabs and not dropping combos.

I still play normal quick matches. The best players I've still ever encountered have 0 points or some random total under 10K. Like they played ranked 1-2 times to get the achievement and then never again. Occasionally I'll get paired with someone with some score between 150K-300K and they're usually cocky as hell and get blown up.
As far as character stuggles go, I have issues with Hwoarang, Steve, and Jack. Hwarang and Steve because their strings are very "knowledge check" heavy. You either know when to dick punch them or they can just keep spamming strings all day. I really miss the push back from the older games when things mostly went back to neutral after each string. With Jack, it's just the sheer damage he gets off his quick launchers. Especially in levels with walls. I feel like he can keep trying to crouch in bad scenarios because the payoff = 60% damage + advantage if it ever works. Feels like a lot of Jack players aren't even working on fundamentals, they're just wizards with hitting WS2 off jabs and not dropping combos.
Its the players in blue ranks (170k-200k) that are dicks, they're always t-bagging and ki charging. I only see it from blue rank players, because it's a point where it's very hard to progress beyond that since you lose more points than you can win every other match (every other match you lose about 1000 points and only gain 250-500 per win), so a lot of people are just hard stuck at Fujin/Raijin. They t-bag can ki charge because they're frustrated, you have to go on like a 30 game win streak to get out of blue, or at least have minimal losses, probably need like a 75% win rate. It's also the stage in the ranks where people with Tekken God or higher mains their alts start at Fujin. There's also a lot of people who disconnect at these ranks, because the point system is kind of flawed from this point.

I really struggle against Devil Jin, Xaioyu, Jin, and Eddie. Half the time I check their profile and they have a very low defense rating, so they just prioritize attacking.

I kind of miss the defensive play of Tekken 7, because I get overwhelmed when people are just spamming attacks constantly in Tekken 8, it's hard to keep up mentally.

Last edited:
Back