Teh Uber L33t Aqua-Computer Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cuplex Pro Rev.2

pro_r2_775_500.jpg

It has a more stable bottom and the canal-ways have been overworked.
This "new" version is already on delivery.

i purchased it new from sharka maybe 2 weeks ago at most, i picked it up with other stuff.

yeah i took the top off after looking at it, same thing.
Its a problem that known when using a flycutter, they should be cut at maybe 1fpm @ 3k rpm for a nice finish and each pass only .001 with the final being .0005 ( i used to make tapered mounting brackets this way)

I finished laping it and now its level. it was a little more than .002 concave. across the lenagth of the cut, they may of changed the feed rate when cutting and that would cause it.

Top Nurse said:
Ohh la la nice looking AC gear there :D More pics! Is that an Evo 1800 bolted to the side of the case? BTW, girls have messy rooms too...

7cFV_IMG_0800.jpg
LpZK_IMG_0801.jpg

eumskickin said:
I finished laping it and now its level. it was a little more than .002 concave. across the lenagth of the cut, they may of changed the feed rate when cutting and that would cause it.
How were you abel to determine that it was .002 concave? I would love to check my block. Is the tool you used expensive?

Hhrhr, a few minutes ago my Aquaero was under remote control :D Sebastian connected to it via Internet - really cool feature.

Master Ninja said:
Yeah, because there aren't enough A vs. B fights on this forum already. :rolleyes:

Actually I am not there to "fight." Just there to see if I can open a few minds. I have actually started talking with Cathar again and find that once you get past the semantics of this high vs low "controversy" we all probably have a lot more in common than we profess to be. :)

Check out this thread on a common framework for watercoolers.

If anyone wants to try something cool than download MS .NET Framework 1.1 and Aquasuite 4.31. Install both, Framework first.

Important: if you use an router or a firewall, make sure that port 22223 and 22224 is forwarded.

Start the Aquasuite, go to 'Sprache' and choose 'deutsch' (english translation ist not ready for the new network screens). Then go extra -> find network device. In the next window go to 'Server Suchen' and set the following values.

IP-Bereich: 84.171.14.79
Empfangsport des Servers: 22224
Antwortport des Servers: 22223
Aktive Threads: 30
Antwortzeit max. in ms: 10000

Click on the button 'Suche Starten'. This may take around two minutes. Then you should see an entry in the white table. Click on it, a few crazy values should appear in the bottm box, then click on the button 'Gerät hinzufügen'.

Go to the screen 'Verbundene Geräte' and at 'IP Adresse / Rechnername" you put in my IP (84.171.14.79) again. Click on the button 'Änderungen übernehmen'.

Close the Aquasuite and start it again.

Now you should have a connection to my Aquaero! :cool: :D

In the menu select english from 'Sprache'.

Well, let's play around and do or try everything you want. You can't damage anything because my APE360 has also enough power to run the system in passive mode.

Overclock the pump, change names, make the fans go loud etc. ;)

I would be very happy to hear from you if you can get a connection.

ShoNuff said:
How were you abel to determine that it was .002 concave? I would love to check my block. Is the tool you used expensive?

the starrett tools are not cheap IE: 12" master square is 1K new but they last a lifetime and then some ( i have some from my grandfather that i had rebuilt, IE inside mic from the 30's and its just like new and just as good if not better than one made today)

the feeler gauge's are probly the cheapest thing, but once there bent there wort about as much as tin foil and there easy to screw up. they start from .0010 and increase by .0005
feeler gauges are $1-2 each but going in .0005 if you buy a set its very expensive.

eumskickin said:
i purchased it new from sharka maybe 2 weeks ago at most, i picked it up with other stuff.

yeah i took the top off after looking at it, same thing.
Its a problem that known when using a flycutter, they should be cut at maybe 1fpm @ 3k rpm for a nice finish and each pass only .001 with the final being .0005 ( i used to make tapered mounting brackets this way)

and what is the model name?

Shoggy said:
Cuplex Pro Rev.2

pro_r2_775_500.jpg

It has a more stable bottom and the canal-ways have been overworked.
This "new" version is already on delivery.

At the risk of interrupting such fine stabbing between some of you members, which CPU cooler comes with Silver plate? And am I correct to assume the ones comes with silver plate is the best one?

Happy Hopping said:
and what is the model name?

cuplex pro *now with a flat base*... i just got my 45 degree 1/8 BSP x 3/8 id hose fittings in and they work great on it. just wish my pumps would come from canada :(

Happy Hopping said:
At the risk of interrupting such fine stabbing between some of you members, which CPU cooler comes with Silver plate? And am I correct to assume the ones comes with silver plate is the best one?

They currently make the Cuplex XT, Cuplex Pro, Twinplex, and Cuplex coolers in silver. They are not silver plated, but are solid sterling silver depending on design. You would typically see a 1/2 to 1 degree Celsius drop in temp over a standard copper design. I think they rae roughly twice the price of a copper version.

eumskickin said:
cuplex pro *now with a flat base*... i just got my 45 degree 1/8 BSP x 3/8 id hose fittings in and they work great on it. just wish my pumps would come from canada :(

What did you order from Canada? Also what fittings did you put on? Sounds like a Legris push-fit?

I'm going to start my new AC PC soon, now that there seems to be a reliable source within the USA.

This is the case I'm thinking of using. Opinions (particularly TN and others familiar with the case) ?

Custom Lian-Li V2000B

http://www.frozencpu.com/images/products/detail_secondary_hires/cas-307_2.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://www.frozencpu.com/images/products/detail_secondary_hires/cas-307_3.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://www.frozencpu.com/images/products/detail_secondary_hires/cas-307_3.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://www.frozencpu.com/images/products/detail_secondary_hires/cas-307_4.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://www.frozencpu.com/images/products/detail_secondary_hires/cas-307_5.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://www.frozencpu.com/images/products/detail_secondary_hires/cas-307_6.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://www.frozencpu.com/images/products/detail_secondary_hires/cas-307_7.jpg[/IMG

It comes with a with a triple 120mm Black Ice Xtreme radiator (available with 1/4" - 1/2" ID barbs). I'll have some some ultra quiet 38mm Panaflo fans with it. Aquaero and Aquabay with Aquatube/Aquajet will go in the drive bays along with the Aquastream if it will fit.

Other components:

Apple Cinema HD 30" 2560x1600
7800GTX SLI (confirmed to have dual-link DVI)
Asus A8N SLI Premium
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
2GB Corsair PC3200XLPRO
Hiper 580w modular power supply
WD740GD x 2 in RAID0
WD2500JB x 2 in RAID1
Sony DRU-720A

System must be near silent and I will use waterblocks on both the video cards. I'll replace the front intake and rear exhaust fans with quiet Sanyo Dencki 120x38mm fans operated with a controller (Aquaero). This Asus board doesn't need a chipset cooler because it comes heatpiped. The sink will be right behind the exhaust fan so it should stay cool. I anticipate a little bit of CPU overclocking, nothing extreme.

I know the video setup is a bit overkill, but I'm a radiologist and need the resolution to view medical images from home. Should be sweet with Photoshop and of course FPS games too :cool:

[color=cyan]EDIT: Please do not hotlink images from another site. That is bandwidth theft and can get the [H] into hot water. - Lethal[/color]

ekovalsky said:
I'm going to start my new AC PC soon, now that there seems to be a reliable source within the USA.

This is the case I'm thinking of using. Opinions (particularly TN and others familiar with the case) ?

It comes with a with a triple 120mm Black Ice Xtreme radiator (available with 1/4" - 1/2" ID barbs). I'll have some some ultra quiet 38mm Panaflo fans with it. Aquaero and Aquabay with Aquatube/Aquajet will go in the drive bays along with the Aquastream if it will fit.

Other components:

Apple Cinema HD 30" 2560x1600
7800GTX SLI (confirmed to have dual-link DVI)
Asus A8N SLI Premium
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+
2GB Corsair PC3200XLPRO
Hiper 580w modular power supply
WD740GD x 2 in RAID0
WD2500JB x 2 in RAID1
Sony DRU-720A

System must be near silent and I will use waterblocks on both the video cards. I'll replace the front intake and rear exhaust fans with quiet Sanyo Dencki 120x38mm fans operated with a controller (Aquaero). This Asus board doesn't need a chipset cooler because it comes heatpiped. The sink will be right behind the exhaust fan so it should stay cool. I anticipate a little bit of CPU overclocking, nothing extreme.

I know the video setup is a bit overkill, but I'm a radiologist and need the resolution to view medical images from home. Should be sweet with Photoshop and of course FPS games too

Okay I think that is a nice case, but a poor integration of the radiator by FrozenCPU. Also that is definitely not the radiator you want if silence is golden ;) The better radiator to use is the Black Ice Pro as it is thinner and can be effectively used with lower CFM fans. I use the AcoustiFan Dustproofs as the Aquaero can drop the the fan speed down to 5 volts and it is dead silent at that voltage. They also start reliably at the same 5 volts.

You can also get two BI Pro 120's easily into that case without hardly doing any cutting at all by putting them in the areas where you already have fans. I will post some pics for you tomorrow. You can also easily add a third BI Pro into the top of the case using a Evo Grill that will not interfere with your use of 5.25" slots or the use of your PCI slots as well.

Also since your going with the X2 and the SLI setup I would give strong consideration to using the PC Power and Cooling Turbo Cool 850 PSU. Pricey, but it's a tax write-off :D

While the PCP&C PSU's have a power correction factor that pretty much eliminates brown-out type problems I also think you should invest in an APC Smart-UPS. Other than that I would say you will have no problem doing imaging at home of scans. Are you like the on-call radiologist that gets all the fun stuff in the middle of the night? I used to work as an imaging nurse.

Unless ekovalsky is running enough hds to merit the extra hd mounts in the v2000 vs. the v1000, then a PCP&C 510 SLI or ASL would be plenty. Then again, if you want to be absolutely sure that you can power anything, and have the best psu in the world, then why not :D. I also second not getting the FrozenCPU case, that BIX3 mounting leaves no room for a shroud, and has highly illogical airflow with any hds below it. That case can easily fit a BIP3 (BIP work much better than BIX with quiter, lower cfm fans) on top, a BIP in front, back, and even possibly right above the psu.

Top Nurse said:
Are you like the on-call radiologist that gets all the fun stuff in the middle of the night? I used to work as an imaging nurse.

About two weeks a year I work nighthawk shifts and yes, I get pestered all night long! Mostly trauma (one hosp is a Level I center) but also calls from the ICU like "can we use Mr. Smith's feeding tube?" or "Ms. Johnson cannot breathe and is turning purple, could you look at her chest x-ray?" Sound familiar ;)

The rest of the time I'm working normal hours (7-4, 8-5, or 9-6) at a hospital or outpatient center mostly reading CT and PET scans. Much nicer!

Thanks for the case suggestions. I like where the radiator is in that case, as it only takes away a few 3.5" internal bays (with 12, there are plenty to spare). But you are right from a practicality standpoint it is not ideal. I wish I had the time to mod my own case but alas I don't. But maybe I can a dual loop system up (one for the CPU and one for the GPUs) with two radiators using the existing fan openings. I only anticipate having four HDDs (maybe just three) in the system.

TN you posted a while ago that Lian-Li was working on cases optimized for water cooling. Any updates on these ??? I probably won't start building until the fall so I have some time.

I seem to remember that PCP&C was coming out with a 700ETX, a lower output and cheaper version of the 850ETX. If so it would be perfect although I really like the modular PSUs that I've used in my last few PCs. I haven't used the Hiper yet but it looks great and stable 580w is pretty respectable. Voltage rails have tested very good under load although some early units had a defective sensor, giving inaccurate software readings.

Time to party :cool:

Today the AC forum has welcomed its 10.000th member. Stephan has wrote some thanking words and also had a little suprise: every forum member will get 10% discount when he leaves his member name at the end of an order.

This discount will stay until the new shop system is introduced. The new shop will have some nice features especially towards service.
There will be also a few new products and some price cuts :)

I already know one or another product that will be cheaper and I'm pretty sure that a few people here will consider to buy products which they currently would not buy because of the price.

Shoggy said:
Time to party :cool:

Today the AC forum has welcomed its 10.000th member. Stephan has wrote some thanking words and also had a little suprise: every forum member will get 10% discount when he leaves his member name at the end of an order.

This discount will stay until the new shop system is introduced. The new shop will have some nice features especially towards service.
There will be also a few new products and some price cuts :)

I already know one or another product that will be cheaper and I'm pretty sure that a few people here will consider to buy products which they currently would not buy because of the price.

Congrats on all the AC users and lookers worlwide :D

Price cuts: Aquaero? Cuplex XT?

New Items: TwinPlex Pro Silver? :D Tubemeter? Multi-Switch?

Edit: So where is the announcement?

Shoggy said:
It's here and it is in german of course :p

So what's the special deal for us folks on the other side of the pond? How about a 10% discount to end users here in the Western Hemisphere through Sharka. :D Or free shipping from Germany :p

Top Nurse said:
What did you order from Canada? Also what fittings did you put on? Sounds like a Legris push-fit?

The fittings are barb. i could not find 45' compression fittings for the life of me, but i am going to use stainless host clamps(the ones that are worm drive but the drive is not through the band as to not damage the hose)

the pump is the c systems pump one on the CPU and one on the gpu and chip set.

once i get that going i am going to watercool my hdd aray on another pump & radiator.
(going to machine my own hdd blocks as i cant see spending over $500 on hdd blocks ...

Here is the cpu block with the fittings

45d_fittings.jpg

eumskickin said:
The fittings are barb. i could not find 45' compression fittings for the life of me, but i am going to use stainless host clamps(the ones that are worm drive but the drive is not through the band as to not damage the hose)

Here is the cpu block with the fittings

45d_fittings.jpg

I wonder if your Cuplex Pro is one of the new versions where they used a laser to cut the whole block. Maybe that is the reason it was concave on the bottom?

Top Nurse said:
I wonder if your Cuplex Pro is one of the new versions where they used a laser to cut the whole block. Maybe that is the reason it was concave on the bottom?

It's not laser cut. the bottom was cut with a fly cutter ( big 3+ tip cutter. google it for pic's ) the block was machined with 1. ball end mill, 2. flat end mill's and the center is sloted.

If i had a mill with a rotary table that tilted 90' and a few end mills + a sloting tool i could make the block in less than 15 min but i only have a 9x36" lathe, mill is next on my wishlist but no room for it.

A laser will make slag + they would not be used on this type of item, just not worth it and a laser has a very hard time makeing concave cuts.

Actually I just re-read the post elsewhere and they were talking of using their laser to cut the plexi tops. I know what a fly cutter is as opposed to a face mill or end mill. :) I would be really suprised if they actually used anything other than a positive-negative 3" facemill to machine the bottom. I also have noticed that the sides of the XT's have what appears to be milling chatter on them to me. I personally think that they are using to high a feedrate and are warping the bases.

Top Nurse said:
Actually I just re-read the post elsewhere and they were talking of using their laser to cut the plexi tops. I know what a fly cutter is as opposed to a face mill or end mill. :) I would be really suprised if they actually used anything other than a positive-negative 3" facemill to machine the bottom. I also have noticed that the sides of the XT's have what appears to be milling chatter on them to me. I personally think that they are using to high a feedrate and are warping the bases.

yeah, it looks ike there using a high feedrate. or they have dull cutters? or low quality HSS or carbide. I said it looks like they used a flycutter because of how bad it was when i got it. when i used to use flycutters i would get a finish like that but not as bad. it would be nice if one of the US dealers could ask them how they finish the bottom of there blocks.

I don't think they would be using HSS when some of the best made carbide in the world is made right down the street at Krupp-Widia. Europe is a veritable hot-bed of high class carbide companies like Sandvik, Seco Snap-Tap, and the other one I can't remember anymore that makes the KUB drills. The XT I got took about an hour of work to get it flat. Funny thing is that some come in really finely finished and very flat while others look like shit. I have never been able to figure out how some of this stuff ever gets out of the factory as all someone has to do is just look. :(

Since this thread has reached 128 pages, could someone edit the thread title to spell the word "The" correctly? Or maybe just change it to Aqua Comptuer product enquiry thread.

So who here knows about the flatness of AC blocks? Have they been coming concave for a while or is this a relative new development. Do other manufacturer's blocks have these issues as well? My first XT was slightly concave, but Iapped it before I sold it. The Silver XT I recently got was also concave though more so in one direction only and relatively flat in the other direction even though it did seem to have a nice finish and a good reflection of a grid pattern. ShoNuff also turned me on to this similar link from about 6 months ago on another silver AC block. I have asked over on the English AC Forum, but have not been getting much of a response.

Happy Hopping said:
Since this thread has reached 128 pages, could someone edit the thread title to spell the word "The" correctly?

I think it was done on purpose. :D Besides I only see about 60 some pages. Go to User CP and change your settings for displayed posts per page.

Added: Only the original thread starter can change that thread title and I don't think Dan will be showing up here anytime soon. You might appeal to a mod, but personally I wouldn't waste the bandwidth if I were you. ;)

Just got word that all the new products out of Aqua Computer are going to be delayed for a while. Seems their CNC mill isn't working properly...

Top Nurse said:
Just got word that all the new products out of Aqua Computer are going to be delayed for a while. Seems their CNC mill isn't working properly...

... figures ... maybe they stoped production because parts were coming off at allmost .005 " off of spec ? i wanted to get the new block there coming out with gfor my DFI'd chipset :rolleyes:

eumskickin said:
... figures ... maybe they stoped production because parts were coming off at allmost .005 " off of spec ? i wanted to get the new block there coming out with gfor my DFI'd chipset :rolleyes:

Don't be so cynical ;) Look at the bright side! At least they will halt all their production till they fix their problem. Now that it is in the open they can't keep shipping parts like that, right? Hell your little pic link that I posted on the AC Forum must have done it, because I didn't report back to them about my blocks until a couple hours after I found out.

I did check mine with a gage block and a feeler gage. It was about .002" concave on one axis and a couple of tenths on the other axis. I did check my TwinPlex's and they all were very flat. So I figure something was slipping in their fixturing? I just can't figure out how they got concave like that unless the machine bed frame was really worn out or their spindle bearings were shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back