Teh Uber L33t Aqua-Computer Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have some basic installation instructions for the twinplex type 1 northbridge? I think it only came with two springs and two metal clips, maybe if I stare at it more, heh.

Top Nurse said:
Well how about enlightening us wayward souls? It's supposed to be released for sale in 3 days and I already have estimated retail prices of the product in German marks. So please enlighten us silly English reading people. ;)
Sorry, but I have to wait for the official announcement in AC forum (as always). I want to keep my "job" as moderator ;)

badash said:
Anyone have some basic installation instructions for the twinplex type 1 northbridge? I think it only came with two springs and two metal clips, maybe if I stare at it more, heh.

Is that the one that has four hold down points? Sounds like someone didn't ship you all the parts :(

Shoggy said:
Sorry, but I have to wait for the official announcement in AC forum (as always). I want to keep my "job" as moderator ;)

Well since I'm going back to work tomorrow would you please announce when possible :)

Got some more info on the Multi-Switch :D

It will be available with or without a 5 1/4" slot mount similar to the Aquaero. The mounting plate also has some number of switches (I *think* 5) located on the front for what purpose I do not know yet, but I would assume to manually turn on or off things like lights and such in addition to the software controlled switches.

Top Nurse said:
What exactly are you looking for? I will try and help :)

i have not got the 6800 WB yet, but i am thinking about it. i never know they come w/o instruction.

Top Nurse said:
Well the only thing that a kit would get you over the piece purchase is a box you will throw away, an a AC case badge, and some thermal grease which you would propbably throw out with the box. ;). However, Sharka usually throws those case badges in with any large AC order anyway.

So lets get down to the fun, okay?

Do you want an Evo 240 or a BI Pro II radiator? Do you intend to ever get an Aquaero? And what case are you using?

I'll go with the Evo 240. No, most likely I wont get an Aquaero. I'm using a Lian LI PC-V1200

16Valve said:
I'll go with the Evo 240. No, most likely I wont get an Aquaero. I'm using a Lian LI PC-V1200

Okay then you will need to decide if you want the Cuplex XT or the Cuplex Pro to cool off your CPU. The XT will give you about 2 degree C cooler than the Pro, but it is more expensive and looks better. I don't think the 2 degrees will kill you, but that is something you will have to decide on.

On the subject of pumps there are several ways to go. The Aquastream is a nice pump, but some people are also using the Laing DDC with the Alphacool plexi top. The DDC with the plexi top lets you run just about any size tubing you want to, but it is not currently in stocked by anyone in the USA. Sharka has them coming in on their next stock shipment though you could order directly from Alphacool if your in a hurry.

Radiators we have already discussed, but you might want to consider the HWL Black Ice Pro series radiators from DD as they are about 1/2 the price right now of the Evo rad, but are more of a hassle to put in if you are using the Evo Grill and since they have NPT threads you would also need a lot of pipe tape on the threads to get a secure connection. Another option is to use the BI Pro 120mm radiators with one in the front bottom and the other one in the area where the exhaust fan is in the MB compartment if you have an aversion to cutting the top of the case. There are some new things in their stock (but not on their site yet :() that would allow you to put the Evo 240 on top of the case with the External Evo mount or mount it inside the case in a different area with the Docking Module.

You would probably want an Aquatube and depending on whether you want to mount it vertically or horizontally you might need an AquaBay or a mounting plate. Once you give us an idea of how you will mount it then we can recommend the appropriate 90 degree or straight fittings. :)

Of course you will need some tubing to put it all together, but since you have a choice between clear or black I would suggest the standard Plug & Cool tubing. If you want to go 8mm or 10mm ID then I will have to adjust your fittings and some minor mods might be necessary to fit everything.

You didn't say whether you wanted to watercool your NB or GPU. The NB is kind of voluntary as some people do and some people don't watercool it. If you do then let me know what board you have so I can suggest a proper cooler or you can also browse the TwinPlex page on your own. The GPU can also be cooled with a TwinPlex and I think it is a better way to go as the combo GPU/RAM coolers like the AquagraFX 6800 are card specific so every time you want a new card you will have to buy a new cooler. But they do look nice though.

So look around in the links I gave you and then tell us what you might like or dislike and we will go from there. :)

Top Nurse said:
The DDC with the plexi top lets you run just about any size tubing you want to, but it is not currently in stocked by anyone in the USA. Sharka has them coming in on their next stock shipment though you could order directly from Alphacool if your in a hurry.

Thanks for the tip.

/rushes off to send Wes a email for dibs on one of the Plexi top DDC's.

badash said:

someone should tell this co. aqua to ship w/ instruction manual.

Happy Hopping said:
someone should tell this co. aqua to ship w/ instruction manual.

Actually they do have an instruction manual that can be downloaded from their site. It would be cost prohibitive to print up a 35 page color manual for everything they make.

Thank you. It's good. But will the manual be updated in the future to include the installation of the 6800 GPU block?

Happy Hopping said:
Thank you. It's good. But will the manual be updated in the future to include the installation of the 6800 GPU block?

Have no idea. Ask Shoggy :D But it ought to be pretty self explanatory as you have to take off the HSF off the card to put the AC cooler back on. The important part is to not tweak the board.

As Sharka has promised everytime a new shipment comes in they are adding more and more Aqua Computer items to their site that they have in stock. I just checked and there are now more than 50 separate Aqua Computer items that are currently in stock. A bunch of new stuff was added to their site over the last couple of days. Happy Hunting ;)

Aquasuite 4.31 Beta (07.01.2005)

The Aquasuite is a bit more ressource friendly now. It has network functions which are not complete ready yet.

The archive contains a new firmware 4.07a which fixes some problems with the fans on Aquaeros with hardware revision 3.07.

It also contains an update from OS 2.02 to 2.03 for people who flashed their Aquaero with 2.02. If you have to update you flash this OS update like a normal firmware, then you have to restart (on/off) your PC and the Aquaero should give you a message to flash the firmware. Back in Windows you can flash the firmware 4.07a. If you can not connect to your Aquaero you have to restart your computer again.

Shoggy said:
Aquasuite 4.31 Beta (07.01.2005)

The Aquasuite is a bit more ressource friendly now. It has network functions which are not complete ready yet.

The archive contains a new firmware 4.07a which fixes some problems with the fans on Aquaeros with hardware revision 3.07.

It also contains an update from OS 2.02 to 2.03 for people who flashed their Aquaero with 2.02. If you have to update you flash this OS update like a normal firmware, then you have to restart (on/off) your PC and the Aquaero should give you a message to flash the firmware. Back in Windows you can flash the firmware 4.07a. If you can not connect to your Aquaero you have to restart your computer again.

Thanks Shoggy! So are you saying that we could check on the status of our AC cooled machine over the Internet or network now? :D

Yes :D

I haven't test it so I can't tell you if it works with this version. As said it's not complete.

Shoggy said:
Yes :D

I haven't test it so I can't tell you if it works with this version. As said it's not complete.

With all the possibilities of the Multi-Switch and the Aquaero I don't this will ever be complete :D

Top Nurse said:
Have no idea. Ask Shoggy :D But it ought to be pretty self explanatory as you have to take off the HSF off the card to put the AC cooler back on. The important part is to not tweak the board.

Well, what about that guy pt. out something about not knowing where the plastic screw go, among other things? I think for the price Aqua charges, an installation manual of 6800 is not too much to ask for.

After all, this is not a piece of wood you are buying.

Twinplex Pro

twinplex_pro_3_500.jpg

• bottom
• graphic card version

It has a height of only 11mm and solves mounting problems with a lot of SLI based boards.

The graphic card version costs 29.90 euro, the chipset version 26.90 euro. The Twinplex Pro will be available in a few days.

Nice feature: the small copper bottom is compatible to the normal Twinplex so you can change it. The bottom with seal ring and bolts costs 16.90 euro.

Shoggy said:
Twinplex Pro

twinplex_pro_3_500.jpg

• bottom
• graphic card version

It has a height of only 11mm and solves mounting problems with a lot of SLI based boards.

The graphic card version costs 29.90 euro, the chipset version 26.90 euro. The Twinplex Pro will be available in a few days.

Nice feature: the small copper bottom is compatible to the normal Twinplex so you can change it. The bottom with seal ring and bolts costs 16.90 euro.
Will the northbridge version fit on a DFI NF4 SLI board.

Shoggy how would you turn your current Twinplex into a "Pro?" Would that mean you simply switched the copper core? Yes???

Since we're on the subject of Twinplex's (albeit Pro's) I need to ask opinions of possibly a very stupid idea, but here goes: Just got one of the Asus SLI Premium's and I have a Twinplex for the NB......I removed the heatpipe connecting it from the NB to the mosfets and see that the nVidia chip is about the same size as a Barton core. The Twinplex won't mount directly to the core without modifying one of the mounting ears to clear a cap....no big deal really, but would it be a complete waste to mounting the Twinplex on top of the stock flat factory sink, thus getting the benefit of w/c and the heatpipe for the NB. The ears then clear the caps and I have long mounting hardware.

ShoNuff said:
Shoggy how would you turn your current Twinplex into a "Pro?" Would that mean you simply switched the copper core? Yes???
Yes, exactly this way.

Toonage, I think that would be a waste of money (and time *g*).

ohh la la nice looking block! :D Silver TwinPlex Pro? :D

BTW, what kind of performance can I expect if I were to use two of these in a SLI configuration with an Aquastream cranked up to 70+ Hz? Also what about running one of these on the NB along with an XT on the same circuit?

Found a neat resource for those who are doing custom lighting effects with their Aquaero or just doing custom LED or fiber optic (like me) work. Blue Point also sells a ton of little unique control devices for tweakers like us. :p

Toonage said:
Since we're on the subject of Twinplex's (albeit Pro's) I need to ask opinions of possibly a very stupid idea, but here goes: Just got one of the Asus SLI Premium's and I have a Twinplex for the NB......I removed the heatpipe connecting it from the NB to the mosfets and see that the nVidia chip is about the same size as a Barton core. The Twinplex won't mount directly to the core without modifying one of the mounting ears to clear a cap....no big deal really, but would it be a complete waste to mounting the Twinplex on top of the stock flat factory sink, thus getting the benefit of w/c and the heatpipe for the NB. The ears then clear the caps and I have long mounting hardware.

I was wondering the same thing. That heatpipe gets hot and so does the sink on the mosfets. If it would work (hint...you be the guinea pig :)) that would be an excellent solution.

Alphacool makes a block for the mosfets and it looks nice.

ShoNuff, it was explained to me (*credit-BB) why this won't work: Because the superheated gas inside the heatpipe gets trapped around the NB core. Although the Twinplex alone is more effecient than the heatpipe alone, when put together neither can do their job properly. Soo...no mo' stock heatpipe for me. On a related sidenote: For those with the Asus SLI and wanting to stick with stock and reseat the heatpipe with say, AS-5, use a hairdryer to soften the stuff Asus uses before trying to pull it off. You'll find that they have goop over the entire surface of the sinks (way more than needed imo, especially the mosfets) then use Goof Off (tm)- a mild spot remover- to clean the dies and the sink surfaces, then alcohol to clean that minor residue, then add the better thermal paste, reseat, and rock on. Although I won't see a difference as I'm going straight to water, it seems it would have to be an improvement over stock. And thanks for that link TN.....I'd love to have that Mips mosfet block for my board.:)

ramplex

ramplex_500.jpg

(This is a preview picture)

Will cool up to three modules. The width for the modules can be set from 0 to 8mm. Of course it is possible to use two ramplex cooler on boards with four ram slots even when they are directly side on side like on the MSI K8N (for example).

To answer your questions :D I don't know when and I also don't know how much :p

Little update: the cooler should be ready in two or three weeks. The price will be around 30 euro.

Shoggy said:
ramplex

ramplex_500.jpg

(This is a preview picture)

Will cool up to three modules. The width for the modules can be set from 0 to 8mm. Of course it is possible to use two ramplex cooler on boards with four ram slots even when they are directly side on side like on the MSI K8N (for example).

Little update: the cooler should be ready in two or three weeks. The price will be around 30 euro.

Well between me and a few others here that is about 6 sold even before they can make them :eek: Thanks for the hot delivery info :D

And we continue :D

aquagrafx 7800

7800_1_500.jpg

(this is a preview picture)

It will be ready in a few days. It also has the dynamic core for the GPU, it cools the voltage-regulators and it has the lighting on the side.

lemmy said:
will the 6800 fit on the 7800 GFX Card? i heard it was the same?
Yes but it does not cool the power mosfets nor the back of the card (1/2 the ram is located there).

lemmy said:
will the 6800 fit on the 7800 GFX Card? i heard it was the same?

The 6800 LE is supposed to fit, but it does not cool any of the voltage regulator circuitry. If you already have an AquagraFX 6800 rev 2 cooler you can cut off the part that normally sits on the VR's (there is not water in this part). You will need to arrange to have some kind of air flow over the stock VR heatsink though. They don't show the back side of the card, but I assume they will probably use the same backing plate as the stock HSF to give some cooling to the back mounted ram chips on the 7800 block.

Shoggy said:
And we continue :D

It will be ready in a few days. It also has the dynamic core for the GPU, it cools the voltage-regulators and it has the lighting on the side.

Wow you guys are on a roll :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back