Teh Uber L33t Aqua-Computer Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[S]nt|Mods said:
:confused:
Bye Giblet

-Dan

I think I missed something, are you a mod now?

lol142.gif

Giblet Plus! said:
I think I missed something, are you a mod now?

lol142.gif

No, but I am and I dont appreciate the way you have handled yourself in this thread. If you want to remain an active member here then dont post anything if you cant be helpful - to that end do not post in this thread again if you cannot, in some way, be helpful.

Consider this your first warning from me....

ty mod!

So Dan, when do you expect the latest order to ship? My loud ass 6800 is screaming (literally) for a waterblock.

Mcseiam said:
No, but I am and I dont appreciate the way you have handled yourself in this thread. If you want to remain an active member here then dont post anything if you cant be helpful - to that end do not post in this thread again if you cannot, in some way, be helpful.

Consider this your first warning from me....

Hey Ian, its nice to see any activity from you, its been a long time since Texas. I hope the ladies in Canada are treating you well. :D

-Dan

Dan, quick question for you.....I'm looking to eventually get a waterblock for my 9800pro, and I'm wondering which would be better for my needs....I'm not going to overclock my card, I just want a block to put on there to eliminate the fan noise as it's getting rather annoying. I like the Twinplex looks a lot better, but is there a definite advantage by going with the AquagrATIx?

I've also heard thoughts such as the all in one video blocks may not make great contact with the GPU because of slight uneven RAM heights.....thoughts?

I think this may be a christmas present for myself :D....maybe that and a case and real rad.

-- Sean

Thanks ian ;)

a quick question for those with Airplex Evo 240's. do u have your fans as exhaust or intake?

I am looking to get into water cooling when I get my new rig. I will be running either an AMD 64 3200+ or 3500+ 90m with a 6800GT video card. I will be cooling both. I am also going to be change my case out for a Coolermaster Stacker. I was mainly wondering if the Evo 160 would be okay to cool and overclock or should I step up to the Evo 240?

I like the Evo 160 because I could then mount it where the second PSU goes and it would require no cutting. I am going more for quite then extreme cooling so I will not be running high RPM fans in the case.

Also is watercooling the NB worth it anymore? I know it was back when I had my duel 366 celerons and the BX NB got very very hot.

flat4 said:
a quick question for those with Airplex Evo 240's. do u have your fans as exhaust or intake?

Exhaust: They're expelling air into the outside enviornment.

Dan,

Id love to jump into watercooling, could you help me with my order, etc? I want to go with your products because they are so much more aesthetically pleasing than all the others,

thanks!

-W

With that 1/2 mod I'm really going to have to save alittle and get an Aquatube. :)

stumpy said:
I like the Twinplex looks a lot better, but is there a definite advantage by going with the AquagrATIx?

I've also heard thoughts such as the all in one video blocks may not make great contact with the GPU because of slight uneven RAM heights.....thoughts?

The advantage of using the AquagrATIx or AquagraFX series of blocks is strictly limited to both a low profile cooling solution and RAM OCing. From what I have seen thus far, the blocks are machined in such a way that I noticed all RAM chips touching. However, if this wasnt the case amongst any of the Aqua-Computer users out there sometimes a little thermal grease would help do the trick and fill the gap.

flat4 said:

Mine are setup as intakes, my airflow is then exhausted out the back of my case by a pair of 80mm fans. My temps are really happy. :D

Sib said:
I was mainly wondering if the Evo 160 would be okay to cool and overclock or should I step up to the Evo 240?

Also is watercooling the NB worth it anymore?

The 160 would be a great radiator to use with your setup, the limiting factor would be a pair of 80mm fans though. Since you want to remain "quiet" you'll be moving air in the area of 70cfm or so. Basically, you'll have the cooling surface area but you'll have the airflow of a 120mm radiator setup.

Garage81 said:
Id love to jump into watercooling, could you help me with my order, etc? I want to go with your products because they are so much more aesthetically pleasing than all the others.

My being exists to serve you, help is immediately available.

-Dan

i have the 6800 block from ac and the contact is fine - i put a tiny blob on each ram chip of a/s, screwed it on, then screwed it off just to see if contact was ok, as i too wondered.

all the blobs of a/s had smothed out and showed it to make contact.

its held on with alot of screws caausing the card to flex slightly getting a good contact, i cant remember how many but it must be 10+ for the ram and 4 for the core.

Ok boys and girl Daddy Breaker is all setup..Dan got the first of my tubes today and hes happy with them i just got off the phone with him a few hours ago and he was pleased..so start filling orders so my mill can get the lovin it needs :)

BitchBreaker said:
Ok boys and girl Daddy Breaker is all setup..Dan got the first of my tubes today and hes happy with them i just got off the phone with him a few hours ago and he was pleased..so start filling orders so my mill can get the lovin it needs :)

Looks like mine finally shipped out so I look forward to seeing it in action. Glad I'll be finally able to finish up my WC setup!

Dan, how do you stop the Aquastream from operating in "Fill" mode and get it to operate in normal mode?

Mine starts and stops and I believe it is operating in the fill mode. Is that the default start mode? Lost the link to the German site that talked about this.

Help... :confused:

Dan (or anyone else) know if the AquagraFX 6800 will work on the QuadraFX 3400/4400 boards? Plans are for a SLI pair driving a 2560x1600 LCD monitor via dual-DVI.

ekovalsky said:
Dan (or anyone else) know if the AquagraFX 6800 will work on the QuadraFX 3400/4400 boards? Plans are for a SLI pair driving a 2560x1600 LCD monitor via dual-DVI.

If the card does not have the exact same layout as the 6800 series it will not fit.

-Dan

---Figured i would move this here---- what do you think? im using ALL aquacomputer components. Need help on what is this best way to run the tubing. Please respond with comments/suggestion. I already have the parts coming, just need help with the loops. Yes i know I dont need 2 res, and the nb block. This is for looks.. thx in advance. Ted
template1.gif

why not just get a extra pump and run a dual loop just got the video card?

flat4, I was definately thinking about doing that very thing. Might add an extra small 80mm radiator in front of case. Just dont wanna buy another pump if I dont have to..Thx for reply. keep em coming.

UnrealRage said:
---Figured i would move this here---- what do you think? im using ALL aquacomputer components. Need help on what is this best way to run the tubing. Please respond with comments/suggestion. I already have the parts coming, just need help with the loops. Yes i know I dont need 2 res, and the nb block. This is for looks.. thx in advance. Ted
template1.gif

Well, it may be a better idea to switch the inline locations of the pump with the lower reservoir. Either do that or make sure the tubing from the pump to reservoir installs on the upper fitting of the aquatube.

-Dan

UnrealRage, may I ask how much you spent on that setup? I have yet to tinker with watercooling, but I love the look of AquaComputer parts (especially with my Lian-Li PC1000)... the only downfall is the insane prices of their stuff. Please let me know how much your setup was, I'm interested :D

UnrealRage said:
template1.gif

um, reservoirs are supposed to be before the pump, and you can (edit: SHOULD) only do one. why do you think watercooling setups use reservoirs? because they look pretty? no, they serve a practical and distinct purpose. they are to aid the filling (and bleeding), and ensure a proper water supply/pressure to the pump. if you use it inline, aka SERVING NO PURPOSE WHATSOEVER, it only adds a crap load of flow resistence. please, for the sake of all that is what this hobby is about, use it for the purpose intended. if you insist on having two, you must plumb them in "parallel".

as for the waterblocks, i suggest plumbing them all in series; having one route going through the vga block and the other going through the cpu and nb will favor the vga bock route...aka most of the flow ill favor the vga block and your flow through the cpu block (most important component, really) will be next to nil.

Iceweasal, around 500. Dan sells some really unique products. I have been planning this for a lonnnng time. Price didnt really concern me that much. I think you will be pleased with the products. Dan has been really helpful.

snowwie, could you maybe modify my sketch to show me what exactly you're talking about? Thx for your reply. Keep in mind I'm new to water cooling.

I am probably just going to go with a dual loop. I probably will add another pump/radiator. I think that is the best way to go.

snowwie said:
if you use it inline, aka SERVING NO PURPOSE WHATSOEVER, it only adds a crap load of flow resistence. please, for the sake of all that is what this hobby is about, use it for the purpose intended. if you insist on having two, you must plumb them in "parallel".

as for the waterblocks, i suggest plumbing them all in series; having one route going through the vga block and the other going through the cpu and nb will favor the vga bock route...aka most of the flow ill favor the vga block and your flow through the cpu block (most important component, really) will be next to nil.

An inline reservoir does not suffer from additional resistance in this setup, you must remember that low flow is the ball game here. Also, what is your reasoning for the CPU block receiving very little of the flow when placed in parallel?

-Dan

[S]nt|Mods said:
An inline reservoir does not suffer from additional resistance in this setup, you must remember that low flow is the ball game here. Also, what is your reasoning for the CPU block receiving very little of the flow when placed in parallel?

-Dan

ok, well, the ball game is pc watercooling, and in that game, performance improves with higher flowrates, and when flow rates drop (less than 1.5 lpm), performance drops drastically. that is a fact, no matter what hardware you are using.

my point about plumbing the blocks in parallel was this: the route (after the tube splits into two) with the least flow resistance will hog most of the flow. in parallel, the tubes aren't sharing the same flowrate anymore, the water flow is split, and each route, if they are equal (in flow resistance), will each have half the flowrate as the main loop. makes sense, no? having one of those routes sharing a cpu clock (arguably the most restrictive block in a loop, since they are geared for performance) and a chipset block (albiet low in flow resistance, but the resistance is still there), while the other occupies only a vga block (which are usually similar to chipset blocks in flow resistance).....cmon dude, it's science, i'm getting tired typing this

and WHAT THE HELL IS THE PURPOSE OF AN INLINE RESERVOIR? how do you suggest he properly fill and bleed his system if plumbed the way he initially stated? just start filling from the top and hope the system is all filled and cross your fingers when you turn on the pump?

edit: unrealrage, no problem, i just hope you understand the reasons for me suggesting the things i did

snowwie said:
and WHAT THE HELL IS THE PURPOSE OF AN INLINE RESERVOIR? how do you suggest he properly fill and bleed his system if plumbed the way he initially stated? just start filling from the top and hope the system is all filled and cross your fingers when you turn on the pump?

I see no problem with an inline reservoir, actually a lot of others believe this too. I have never had an issue filling an inline reservoir, simply remove the top mounted reservoir's lid and fill the system, any air in the system is pushed to the high point in the reservoir almost regardless of where its placed. I have two systems that I can pull experiences from so a reservoir is meant for inline use.

A t-line would be best for a parallel solution.

-Dan

i have no trouble at all filling from a inline res, never had any ratting or airbubbles at all, topped up and worked like a charm right off, poured it in let the water level decrease by gravity, then top it up till it cant take anymore - turn the pump on for less than a sec, and top up again - repeat till its full.

jeeze unrealrage 500$, i added my price list up with dan the other day im just short of 1300$. nothing left for me to buy now anyway, thank god. my wife will get a lawyer out and get a injunction so i cant contact snt.

yeah it's a little over 500. But i havent got the aquero nor the fx6800 block yet. I will get up there soon enough... My wife is the same way.. She has even threatened to take my vette away.. Right..

I just cant wait to get all my parts so I can play some damn games.

Silver blocks? {Yes, please!} ;)
/emote gets antcy knowing his goodies will be coming in soon.....
/panic motion (does a taru dance) :D

I haven't even thought about how I will do my setup. I've never done watercooling b4. I definately dont want to coverup the purdy blocks AC made me. ;) Well I assume they are purdy.... since i havent seen them yet ;; lol. soon soon soon.

I'm just guessing I'll do it:
CPU > GPU > NB > 240 RAD > RES > PUMP

I can't decide if I want to mount the 240 rad on top of the case or on bottom, since theres a vent space on bottom as well. I also dont know if ill mount the aquatube on top or mount it in the front.

I also thought about doing a 2 pump setup:

CPU > 240 RAD > RES > PUMP
GPU > NB > 80 or 120 RAD > RES > PUMP

But I dont know if that would be a overkill or not...
I'll farm for ideas once I have the items in hand i guess......

yup, that aquaero and gfx block will take you up very close to 900$

i would always consider going dual pump, but i have no idea where i could mount the other one in my case, its so full up - its only a mid tower cm blackwidow, i have 4 drives in there now, 2 250gb and 2 raptor.

maybe i could find home for a timmer coolpump - how small are they in the flesh - they look tiny? - then again i have the watercool triple rad, so i doubt id get any performace increase anyway.

cany you overvolt the aquastream through the aquero? ive heard you can - what perfromance cam u get outta it, and is it risky?

Dan, will the grill be compatible with the Innovatek double rad? Also,
your grill seems to be attached to the case, while the fans themselves are attached directly to the grill. Is this correct? If so, I like the architecture of the aqua computer grill better than the Innovatek grill.

[S]nt|Mods said:

pics all redx for me :(

also, i am highly interested in the grill, if you'll forgive me for not scrolling back for the info, could you tell me the cost+ship to 95455 and availablility :D

EDIT: I'm sure you're knee deep in dealing with it ATM, but just in case you didn't know, your web site is borked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back