Teh Uber L33t Aqua-Computer Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
stumpy said:
btw, Northwestern is not the best b-school in the country.

Northwestern does not have an undergraduate business school. However, we have a graduate business school called Kellogg which is consistantly ranked number one. (which is where I work)

My suggestion for getting this thread back on track would be for people with aqua computer systems to post up pictures, since the topic is "Teh Uber L33t Aqua-Computer Thread :)".

actually, I'm confused what the actual topic of this thread is

[S]nt|Mods said:
Due to the other thread getting locked which had been my intention for a while I have decided to start the buzz up again. Please, lets try to keep this on topic and I ask everyone to please ignore certain individual(s) that may post here as much as possible. Again, I am not posting here to "advertise for sales" of SNTsystems or Aqua-Computer components. Please post any decent material related to the topic, pictures or whatever.

The floor is now open for discussion. :D

-Dan

Is the topic to only post "decent" information to "start the buzz up again"? What about criticism? Does that have a place at the hardforum anymore?

Giblet Plus! said:
Is the topic to only post "decent" information to "start the buzz up again"? What about criticism? Does that have a place at the hardforum anymore?

not when its over-the-top, excessive, and pisses people off...we can understand if you say it once or twice that you don't particularily like AC parts, but stfu and stop whining about it, or leave the thread and make the world a better place

for those of us, such as myself, that actually read these forums to gain some knowledge about watercooling and how to set it up, you are really ruining it for us. i have yet to setup my first h20 setup, but i'm slowly learning enough so i know what to buy to DIY and have it work without any problems. your posts just serve as a distraction for the entire thread and those of us that actually want to contribute to the [H].

:eek:

Giblet Plus! said:
Using a drill press and a tap makes you a machinist?

I guess I'm a machinist, tig welder, brazer and sheet metal worker.

HUH? i own a mill and a lath...i dont use a drill press for AC gear..and im a trained machinest..i also have and can fully use a tig,mig,arc,plazma cutter and any of the other machines i HAVE HERE!

IceWeasel said:
... you are a complete asshole,...in short, you are a waste of space, the only good purpose you are serving on these forums is that you have been gifted with an over-abundance of immaturity and selfishness, which has allowed God to spare the rest of us of it, because you have enough to go around

This is not quite what I meant when I said to stop arguing.
Giving this thread one more chance to get back on track is more than generous of me, I think.

BitchBreaker said:
HUH? i own a mill and a lath...i dont use a drill press for AC gear..and im a trained machinest..i also have and can fully use a tig,mig,arc,plazma cutter and any of the other machines i HAVE HERE!

sorry, my bad

all I saw were some barbed fittings

Giblet Plus! said:
actually, I'm confused what the actual topic of this thread is

Maybe if you had actually read the thread instead of just making rude comments at the last reply you would understand.

I would also like to remind everybody to reverse the motivation of the thread and get back on topic or this VERY LARGE topic is going to get locked, again even. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE IGNORE CERTAIN INDIVIDUALS AND THEIR COMMENTS.

-Dan

So, for it to get "back on topic" according to some people... here's a pic.
DSCN0863.jpg

Alex41290 said:
is that an AC block? looks very nice, btw

that's because the lucky bastard is using the Silver Edition ;)
I should have kept that block for myself :D

flat4 said:
a quick question for those with Airplex Evo 240's. do u have your fans as exhaust or intake?

Intake, I want the coolest air possible going through the rad.....

:eek: sexy....silver...like cambells...mmm, mmm, good

haha, jkjk, but sweet looking block ya got there...i'm envious

Mcseiam said:
that's because the lucky bastard is using the Silver Edition ;)
I should have kept that block for myself :D

Haha, my 5 month wait was well worth it....of course I would have been satisfied with the copper, but that was your choice. You don't still have any of your old gear do you? I'm wishing I had bought your 240 rad and aquatube now.....

Hi Dan, am wondering when you are restocking Aqua-Computer components.
Had placed my order with snt-systems since 23rd Oct and it's still processing as back-ordered.
I doubt I can control the itch of my hands any much longer. :p

Alex41290 said:
:eek: sexy....silver...like cambells...mmm, mmm, good

haha, jkjk, but sweet looking block ya got there...i'm envious

Thanks....although a few more people will be joining the silver club soon.....I can't say mine is custom made either, but still a great block :D

And we can all rejoice that Giblet is gone for the time being ....

Would it be possible to have a mod clean up the thread? There must be something like 4 or more pages that are just spam/crap.

Is there a way to quiet down my water pump? I think the system still has some bubbles in it so the pump is making a fairly loud buzzing sound. I've tried rotating the case, lifting the lid on the aquatube (dont do it..water shoots out since its at high pressure) and everything else I can think of but I can't seem to get rid of it. If anyone has some tips I'd like to hear them.

Is the pump vibrating against the case? ... if not, once the bubbles drain out of your system the pump will quiet down quite a bit. ;)

stumpy said:
Is the pump vibrating against the case? ... if not, once the bubbles drain out of your system the pump will quiet down quite a bit. ;)

Nope the pump is velcro'd to a dampening pad so the buzzing sound is from the pump itself. If the loop is closed, will the bubbles go away on their own after the system runs for a few days? That sound is just irritating the crap out of me.

fella said:
Hi Dan, am wondering when you are restocking Aqua-Computer components.
Had placed my order with snt-systems since 23rd Oct and it's still processing as back-ordered.
I doubt I can control the itch of my hands any much longer. :p

Im still wondering when everything is going to get here myself, I was hoping for everything to already be shipped from abroad but so far thats not the case. I'll be sure to let you all know as soon as I hear or read something.

-Dan

questions:

1. will aquatube works non aqua computer parts? if so, how? i'm trying to mix and match with danger den and possibly swiftec.
2. my friend just ordered wc kit from dangerden 1/2 OD setup. it's bigger than i thought, and the tube is just thick... i can't figure out how that tubing will fit on aquatube. is it true that 1/2 OD is same as 3/8" ID (the one that killer rig 001 use)
3. this quesiton is for dan, after reading someone post that their order from oct23 hasn't shipped... i'm wondering how long the process time and what shipping courier do you use?

thanks,

1. yes, provided the tubing is compatible....or you can get BB to mod it for ya.
2. well, depends on the tubing wall size. ID is what you should look for, and 3/8" and 10mm is what most aqua computer stuff uses. But, I use 5/8" OD tubing, but the ID is only 3/8". So if your friends stuff is 1/2"OD and 3/8"ID , it'll work.

I wana mod it! :D As i have seen most people do not like to type my name because its kinda...not good :eek: im gona see about changing it to Breaker or BBpro or something thats better to say...more pg13 if u will.

Back to work i go :(

Xo Martel said:
questions:

1. will aquatube works non aqua computer parts? if so, how? i'm trying to mix and match with danger den and possibly swiftec.
2. my friend just ordered wc kit from dangerden 1/2 OD setup. it's bigger than i thought, and the tube is just thick... i can't figure out how that tubing will fit on aquatube. is it true that 1/2 OD is same as 3/8" ID (the one that killer rig 001 use)
3. this quesiton is for dan, after reading someone post that their order from oct23 hasn't shipped... i'm wondering how long the process time and what shipping courier do you use?

thanks,

I think it has to do with Aqua-Computer over in Germany, and not so much Dan's courier and order acknowledgement process.

Yeah it takes time to ship things around Europe much less from Europe to America, all sorts of things could happen between A-C's warehouses and going through Customs.

BitchBreaker said:
I wana mod it! :D As i have seen most people do not like to type my name because its kinda...not good :eek: im gona see about changing it to Breaker or BBpro or something thats better to say...more pg13 if u will.

Back to work i go :(

I don't mind typing it, but I was just trying to type the answer out fast so I could get back to my chem lecture :)

the questions i asked is not about customs and shipping time from germany.
its the process time and get it shipped from dan to customer.
i also don't notice any item notification in the snt site, so i don;t know which item is instock or back ordered.

i'm wondering how does plug n cool works, since i can't read germany... anyone can explain or give link with pictures on how it works?
(because i still don't think the tubing my friend got (3/8" ID) will fit into small barb of aquatube.

thx again,

Xo Martel said:
i'm wondering how does plug n cool works, since i can't read germany... anyone can explain or give link with pictures on how it works?
(because i still don't think the tubing my friend got (3/8" ID) will fit into small barb of aquatube.

thx again,

Most components come with an option of either plug and cool fittings (6mm) or 10mm barbs (3/8" ID). 3/8" ID tubing will not work with the plug and cool fittings, but will be just fine for the 10 mm barbs. I have the 10mm on my Silver cuplex and my 3/8" ID 5/8" OD tygon works just fine, fits on there nice and snug. If you're looking to use the plug and cool fittings though, you'll have to get the smaller 6mm tubing. I'm not sure where to pick that up, Dan do you sell it?

Xo Martel said:
this quesiton is for dan, after reading someone post that their order from oct23 hasn't shipped... i'm wondering how long the process time and what shipping courier do you use?

The trouble is due to my current distribution channel. I go through a source of Aqua-Computer's in Austria, I have been waiting for my current order to ship for more than a week now. When it does ship it takes about 4 days by UPS global and I will be posting the tracking # here again and taking a picture of the lot when it all arrives so you folks can do the photoshop thing. :D

I am currently waiting for a reply from Aqua-Computer on my distributor status and if I will be able to buy direct from them to reduce some of the turn-around involved.

When this next lot arrives I will be upgrading almost all orders to USPS 1-3 Day Priority shipping so everybody in the US wont have to wait too long once the stuff arrives to me.

-Dan

Thanks the evo looks great i'm glad i didnt get something else, full aqua computer low flow setup coming soon(also with two pumps and two rads)
sideopen.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back