Teh Uber L33t Aqua-Computer Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
icenode said:
lol, it sure is tempting. :) The price is probably too much for my wallet though and it'd block my planned window, but it might just be worth sacrificing a window for the sheer effectiveness of a radiator that size. :D

Windows are very cheap to make man. Get a dremel, get a piece of cardboard and etch out your design on it then put it on the case panel and trace it. Buy some plexi from home depot and cut that out and there ya go.

dont be worried about having a rad external, mines not finnished but to give you a idea heres mine at the moment - you can make a shroud pretty easy.

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

still waiting on a grill for it, and a bit more sanding and a final polish, the cathodes are uv, came out blue on my crappy camera

WOOT!!! Got some of the Aqua-Computer parts on my wishlist from SNT-Systems for my upcoming watercooling project..

What I was able to get for now:
AquaStream
Airplex Evo 240
Airplex Evo 240 Grill
AquaTube Mounting Bracket
AquaJet
AquaTube Led's
aqua.JPG
grill.JPG
rad.JPG

Put in an order to the get the rest:
AquaTube
AqauBay
Cuplex Pro

I'd like to thank Dan @ SNT-Systems for getting me all these parts. It was great doing business with him and he always takes the time answer all the my questions. Very professional and knows what he's talking about :)

I will be doing more business with him the future..keep up the good work Dan....

Quick question about the EVO240 Grill for anyone who has one...?

Will it fit just about any dual 120mm Radiator on the market or only the EVO 240?

jpm804 said:
WOOT!!! Got some of the Aqua-Computer parts on my wishlist from SNT-Systems for my upcoming watercooling project..

What I was able to get for now:
AquaStream
Airplex Evo 240
Airplex Evo 240 Grill
AquaTube Mounting Bracket
AquaJet
AquaTube Led's
aqua.JPG
grill.JPG
rad.JPG

Put in an order to the get the rest:
AquaTube
AqauBay
Cuplex Pro

I'd like to thank Dan @ SNT-Systems for getting me all these parts. It was great doing business with him and he always takes the time answer all the my questions. Very professional and knows what he's talking about :)

I will be doing more business with him the future..keep up the good work Dan....

:eek: how did u get all of your stuff? did u pick it up? also one more question did the grill come with all the hardware to mount the fans to the rad?

flat4 said:
:eek: how did u get all of your stuff? did u pick it up? also one more question did the grill come with all the hardware to mount the fans to the rad?

Yeah.. i live in the bay area so I was able to pick it up...Also the grill did come with all the hardware to mount the fan to the rad....

[S]nt|Mods said:
Happy Birthday to me.....

-Dan

Happy birthday, Dan! ....

still up for QC2005? Andrew is ALREADY wondering if you are staying with us again or if we need to find another roommate .... :D

ahh i was wondering how you got it so quick, im in san diego so im hoping for tomorrow, maybe tuesay latest, i have a fair bit turning up.

- i can finally move my project out of the spare bedroom and into the computer room for a few weeks, till i move to vegas anyway - then i can finally put up my decent glass computer desk from its flat packed hell together.

im just gutted my black faceplate for my aquaero isnt there, i really want dan to hurry up on this one - i wont be able to stand my new pc till the faceplate matches.

actually dan how much will it cost just to get one plate shipped over - im not to bothered about cost, let us know ill pay the extra.

cheers.

chriski said:
im just gutted my black faceplate for my aquaero isnt there, i really want dan to hurry up on this one - i wont be able to stand my new pc till the faceplate matches.

actually dan how much will it cost just to get one plate shipped over - im not to bothered about cost, let us know ill pay the extra.

cheers.

Yeah gonna put this in a black case also...gonna try to order the black faceplate for the aquastream control panel and also a black aquabay.

Ingonuts13 said:

Will it fit just about any dual 120mm Radiator on the market or only the EVO 240?

Most radiators will fit but you may have to modify the fan mounting holes on the grill just in case they dont directly line up. It would only be a few millimeters if anything at all.

stumpy said:
still up for QC2005? Andrew is ALREADY wondering if you are staying with us again or if we need to find another roommate .... :D

Hey! I made a promise, I will be there. Just remind the guys to stay on their sides of the beds this time. :-D

chriski said:

cheers.

I'll see what I can do. :)

-Dan

Ingonuts13 said:

i have it with a black ice extreme 2. is not plug and play as the rad doesnt have treads for the screws , but i just bought a few nuts and that was that. the quality is just out of this world. good stuff

I would also like an EVO 240 Grill myself and would be willing to pay extra for it as well.

The [H] 10% discount is being disabled until further notice due to the recent higher rise in the Euro, I can no longer afford the offer.

Im sorry.

In other news, if anyone wants to get on the current backorder list, its ordering time for me once again from Germany. :D

-Dan

yeah the dollar is really weak at the moment -its not a case of the euro being high -its the dollar v all currencies nearly. when i moved last year it was 1.5 dollars to the pound - now its about 1.9.

very annoying thats 40 cents on each pound i brought over when i sold my home - ive lost out on a small fortune.

chriski said:
yeah the dollar is really weak at the moment -its not a case of the euro being high -its the dollar v all currencies nearly., when i moved last year it was 1.5 dollars to the pound - now its about 1.9.

very annoying thats 40 cents on each pound i brough over when i sold my home - ive lost out on a small fortune.

Bit OT but why did you move here from UK anyway? Better pay?

i just got my stuff in the mail. thanks dan,. ill try and post pics later on tonight

wife lives here, and it worked out that its so much cheaper here for housing i could sell my little flat in england and easily buy a new house cash, well about 4 depending on where i went.

i do miss london and englands social scene - its very lacking in san diego and most of the usa fromwhat ive seen personally bar the very big cities.

nice one,
all my gear has just turned up, heres a little teaser pic i have not even gone through the rest of the box yet to see if its all there.

lets see what my gt can do now
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Yes san diego is not fun, but im going to school so i cant have fun anyway. Then next year im going to help rebuild iraq one computer at a time for the big bucks. Thanks again DAN for hooking me up. Post picks soon once i get the other heater core mounted. But im saving for a low flow setup so youll be getting my iraq money soon. :p

Ingonuts13 said:
Hey Dan,

How long till you can fill my 240 order you think? I placed it last week.

I will be getting more grills and other items in the next 2 weeks....I hope. :)

-Dan

Ok, I've finally decided to let the cat out of the bag. My Setup:

1 x AquaStream 12v
- Connector: Plug&Cool Straight
1 x AquaJet for AquaTube
1 x AquaTube LED Mod
- Color: Ultra Violet
1 x AquaBay for AquaTube/AquaStream
1 x Aquaero Flow Sensor
- Cable Connection: None
1 x Aquaero Revision 3.07
1 x AquaTube Revision 1.1
- Color: Blue Anodized Aluminum
1 x Airplex Evo 360 Grill
1 x Aquaero Sensor Cable
1 x AC MultiTool
2 x AquaDrive
- Color: Blue Anodized Aluminum
1 x GlowMotion
- Color: Clear Blue
2 x Aquaero Water Temp Sensor
1 x AC Fluid
1 x Aquaero to Aquastream Cable Connection
- Length: 10 cm
1 x Airplex Evo 360
7 x Plug&Cool Hose
- Color: Clear
1 x AquaDrive Micro
1 x Cuplex Pro A64
1 x Twinplex Nothbridge
Bunch of other AC components I'm sure of it.

1x Innovatek 6800 NV40 waterblock (I know not AC)

I need some help. I finally put it all together, filled it with water and the pump turns on for a few seconds and then shuts off, and it keeps doing this. I don't want to let it keep doing this for fear of damaging the pump, so I turn it off. I've put enough water in it so that's it's pretty much full but it's really tough to get the bubbles out when the pump doesn't run quite right. The Status light keeps blinking while the red light flashes 3 times. The manual is in German so that doesn't help too much, anyone have one in English? Anyone with experience with this pump please let me know. Thank You

Worklog of Aqua Computer's Forum HERE

blueaqua,
looks very nice!
where did you get your case modded? that radiator hole really smooth!
i'm trying to find a case that has already cut, know any body? :)

DSCF0146.jpg

Hey guys I got a question: Since the evo 240 grill does not exactly match the black ice xtreme II, I had to widen 4 of the holes on the radiator to compensate. However, seeing how all the screws included with the grill are smaller than the threads on the radiator, how did some of you manage to attach it? I'm trying to figure out a way to use nuts with the screws but seems pretty tough to do. If anyone has some tips I'd appreciate it.

buy an Airplex Evo 240 :D im also havin problems. my psu is hitting my rad. i think the psu i have it bigger then normal. im in the process of lookin up the sizes of different psu's. its either get a new psu or get a pc-75b

flat4 said:
buy an Airplex Evo 240 :D im also havin problems. my psu is hitting my rad. i think the psu i have it bigger then normal. im in the process of lookin up the sizes of different psu's. its either get a new psu or get a pc-75b

Heh not really a feasible option. I epoxied the nuts on an ice cream stick, then coated the top of them w/some epoxy and put them on the holes to dry. Hopefully they hold well enough for the screws to thread in a bit and then I can rip the ice cream sticks free. If that doesn't work I'll just jb weld the nuts on top of the holes and be done with it.

Edit: Looks like i'm gonna jb weld them tomorrow and be over with it.

BlueAqua said:
I need some help. I finally put it all together, filled it with water and the pump turns on for a few seconds and then shuts off, and it keeps doing this. I don't want to let it keep doing this for fear of damaging the pump, so I turn it off. I've put enough water in it so that's it's pretty much full but it's really tough to get the bubbles out when the pump doesn't run quite right. The Status light keeps blinking while the red light flashes 3 times. The manual is in German so that doesn't help too much, anyone have one in English? Anyone with experience with this pump please let me know. Thank You

It sounds like the jumper on the Aquastream's control panel is still in place, this is only meant for filling the system and bleeding the air. Remove it and you should be fine. :)

-Dan

[S]nt|Mods said:
It sounds like the jumper on the Aquastream's control panel is still in place, this is only meant for filling the system and bleeding the air. Remove it and you should be fine. :)

-Dan

EXCELLENT, thanks Dan, worked like a charm. Leak testing it right now, but the connections are so good I doubt I'll have any leaks.

I have the tube here,i have it milled, ill be taping it tomorrow and then on its way back to Dan :)

Edit..Dan if u see this b4 we talk then e mail me @ [email protected] i have a Q for u.

I just wanted to let everybody know that I will be down in San Diego this weekend for a little bit of Halloween and a little bit of some much needed drinking, Sick 'n Twisted style! :D

I'll have very limited access to email and whatnot so........ If anybody needs any immediate help over the next 4 days do not hesitate to give me a call. My mobile # is listed through the SNT webby.

I know I am going to be in the area of a few people around here so dont feel like you cant come out and have some fun with me and a bit of what I call the SNT home base family.

Take care all and happy fucking Halloween! :eek:

-Dan

Question about the Airplex360....

It says it has 1/2" barbs you can use, but is the rad really only 3/8? I was wondering this because I have a 1/2ID loop and do not want to restrict it at the radiator.

Would this be a good choice to Cool a 6800Ultra and a AMD64 90nm?

Those that chose function over form no matter how ghetto it looks would probably say no, it's not the best performing.

However, those of us that prefer form over function as long as function isn't hurt too much will tell you that Aqua Computer is fantastic!

For my particular needs, Aqua Computer is best in most areas.

basically there are certian parts that only aqua sells that look good. a lot of us like to mix n match parts for a balance between better perfromance and good looks.

Ingonuts13 said:
Question about the Airplex360....

It says it has 1/2" barbs you can use, but is the rad really only 3/8? I was wondering this because I have a 1/2ID loop and do not want to restrict it at the radiator.

Would this be a good choice to Cool a 6800Ultra and a AMD64 90nm?

The threaded hole on the Aqua Computer rads are 1/4", if that's close to 3/8" it's in OD, not ID. That rad will restrict your flow.

It would be a very good choice to cool anything, as long as you're using the other parts its meant to be used with. If you have 1/2" ID parts, choose a Black Ice or heatercore.

If any one has sent me a e mail over the past fer days im sorry to say but i did not get them...a bad psu killed the controler card on my 80gig hitachi sata hdd and left me stuck on ultra2 scsi! :eek: so ill be back up and running asap!

woot! the 2fresh radiator and the EVO240 grill are PERFECT match for each other. i love it! i just did a test fit to make sure everything lines up and just to see how they work together. sooo sweet!

DSC03775.JPG

DSC03771.JPG

DSC03770.JPG

DSC03768.JPG

DSC03767.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back