• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Teh Uber L33t Aqua-Computer Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a Babelfish translation of the German software DL page for what it's worth ;)

aquasuite BETA 1,0,

The aquasuite is a software for all at present available AC devices. In addition aquaero, multi-SWITCHES and tube meters count. The aquasuite is data base-based and offers extremely many evaluation possibilities. For this also the possibility of the execution of Skripten and macros count beside Charts and log data.

It makes an administration for an unlimited number possible of profiles. In work is the network interface the aquasuite.

As is the software already admits multilingual and offers besides the possibility aquaero with a new language to provide. On the language data base insists thereby full accesses.

To accomplish the software necessarily around firmware updates of all devices.



Note: This is a Beta Verison.


aquasuite 1,0 BETA
aquaero OS update 2.02

Around the full function range aquaero of the 4 series also for already delivered aquaeros to make available you find an operating system update for it aquaero with a firmware design < 4.0 here to the firmware series of 3 FREE.

These updates you bring and add it aquaero on the newest conditions many new functions. It receives by this update same functionality as the newest aquaeros to the series of 4.



Only after this update you are usable aquaero with the aquasuite software!


NOTE: Read the guidance contained in the package around a safe update to absolutely ensure. In the case of errors you can be destroyed aquaero.



NOTE: From given cause you absolutely secure the current supply aquaeros. Aquaero may not be used as ATX BREAK. Besides the Jumper may not stand aquaeros on Standby.




aquaero OS update 2.02
Microsoft NET© Framework 1.1

The Microsoft NET Framework is needed for the use the aquasuite. If it should not be already installed on your PC, then you must these here download and install.


Microsoft NET Framework 1.1
aquaero 3 series (advancement, please updates on series of 4 do not accomplish!)
 
For those that have a German language 3.99 Aquaero and the Aqua Suite software there might be a temporary solution. If you open the file aquasuite.mdb located in your Aqua Suite folder you might be able to get some ideas as to what German translates to English. You can look at the programming language that they used and it shows the English translations for the German words they used in the revision 4 firmware. Not sure if they used the same in their revision 3.xx firmware but at least it will perhaps help you in the right direction.
 
OK, it seems that we will have to wait until the next week. They have worked on it the whole morning but can't reproduce the error. When they get the defective aquaeros they can read out the eeprom and localize the problem.

btw: death-aquaero-counter has reached eight ;)

Mhhh, call me crazy but I think I will give it a try. Severeal people had no problems - maybe I could be one of them :rolleyes:

*UPDATE*

It works! :cool: And it's awesome.
 
Shoggy if you get a chance tell us how its done properly i have everything to do it but was also told of the dead 8 aquaeros. If it works on yours ill give it a try with good directions,
 
Yes Shoggy.....

If you could write down, in English, how you did it that would be great. I want to give it a try but could not get google or any other tool to convert the text in that PDF to English. I have a v3.07 VFD Aquaero that is one week old.
 
OK, but remember: You do that at your own risk!

I recommend to disconnect the ATX-/powerswitch-break and standby-connection if you use them.

The files
Download (link removed) and get the .NET Framework 1.1 from Microsoft.

First check and installation
You will have three things now:

&#8226; .NET Framework 1.1
&#8226; Aquaero OS Loader
&#8226; AquaSuite (beta)

Install the the .NET Framework 1.1 and restart your computer. Back in Windows you install the aquasuite (setup.exe from aquasuite_beta1).

Updating Aquaeros operating system
Close all running programs and background taks like virus-scanner, messenger etc. Start the "aquaero os loader.exe" from folder aquaero_os_loader. Click on Sprache in the menu and choose english and also make sure that in the lower left corner the status says that you have a connection to the Aquaero.
Click on the button flash firmware; you will have to confirm the upcoming warnings two times. Now you have to press the set button at your aquaero for around one or two seconds and the updating process ist starting.
When this process is finished the Aquaero and the software tells you to restart your computer but you won't do this, you will shutdown it (important!)
Disconnect your Aquaero from the PSU for a few seconds. It is not enough only to turn off your PSU - you should really disconnect your Aquaero from power.

Loading Aquaeros operating system
Connect your Aquaero to the PSU and start up your PC. The Aquaero will display that it is loading the new operating system. When this process is finished the displays says that you have to restart. Again you will turn off your PC and disconnect the Aquaero from the PSU.

Updating Aquaeros firmware
Connect your Aquaero to the PSU and start up your PC. In Windows you start the "aquasuite.exe" from C:\Programme\Aqua Computer\aquasuite or form the start-menu programs => Aqua Computer => aquasuite.
Maybe you can see some sensor-values... don't play around and go directly to Sprache in the menu and choose english. Click on aquaero in the menu and choose flash firmware. In the next window you will see the file "firmware 4.05a.AFD", choose it and continue.
Again you will have to confirm the update and press the set button on your aquaero for around one or two seconds. When the update has finished shutdown your computer and disconnect it from the PSU, wait a few seconds and connect it back.

*drum roll*

Start your computer and the Aquaero should scroll through the screens (sensors, fans, ...) In Windows fire up the aquasuite and => :eek: :eek: :eek:

Good luck! :)
 
Shoggy said:
Loading Aquaeros operating system
Connect your Aquaero to the PSU and start up your PC. The Aquaero will display that it is loading the new operating system. When this process is finished the displays says that you have to restart. Again you will turn off your PC and disconnect the Aquaero from the PSU.
OK... I do not get this message when I do my shutdown and power up..... It says version 3.99d and does not prompt for a load of the new OS. Any suggestions? The flash goes and all on step one, but nothing here.... HELP

What is odd is the Aquaeros is now scrolling through the settings, which is never has done. I can even do a "Re-Flash" with no luck it the Aquaeros asking me to write the new OS after I power down and restart the computer. Am I missing something.... Here are the steps I have taken.

1. Shutdown all open applications in the tray (messenger services, anti-virus, steam, etc)
2. Open the aquaeros_os_loader application and make sure it is connected
3. Click flash
4. Aquaeros asks me if I want to re-flash and I hold the "SET" button for 2 seconds.
5. The os_loader application tells me flash successfull and I power down the computer
6. Apon power up, the Aquaeros tells me it is version 3.99d and then goes blank. The Aquaeros eventually starts to scroll through the temps and fan RPMs just as it was last programmed.
7. DOES NOT ASK TO WRITE OS

Now the new aquasuite application does not recognize the aquaeros at all, but the old one does.... What am I missing.

Sn.jpg
 
Strange...

Can you use your Aquaero with the old aquaero usb software and does your Aquaero work normally when you go into menus?

OK, old software works o_O

Mhhh, I would try to flash again (os loader). Did you disconnect the power from aquaero after flasing?
 
Shoggy said:
Strange...

Can you use your Aquaero with the old aquaero usb software and does your Aquaero work normally when you go into menus?
Yep and shows the firmware as 3.99d. Am I missing a step between flashing and the power down? Should I disconnect the Aquaeros first while the computer is running, then shut down completely? Do you have to press the "set" button imediately after hitting the flash button the os_loader?
 
No, it's not a timing problem. You could wait hours before pressing the set button if you want ;)

And you have done all right.
 
Crazy.... just tried to flash again and I notice the application waits for you to hit the "set" button on the aquaeros before it writes the firmware. What button does it ask you to hit when it writes the OS to the Aquaeros? Maybe I can try hitting that after a power up to see if it writes.
 
OK.... flash attempt number four with no sign of it trying to update the OS on the Aquaeros after the power down......

Is there a jumper or something on the V4 hardware that needs to be set to allow for the flash? It is almost like it is locked.

On a side note the scrolling and such works much better and I still can connect via the old application.
Ac.jpg

Sn.jpg
 
ShoNuff said:
Shoggy, what version of the Aquero do you have? Isn't it the v3.07 VFD?
That is the same version as the one I can't get to take the flash. At least thats what the box says.
 
Hi R1ckCa1n...

Are you doing this: "Disconnect your Aquaero from the PSU for a few seconds. It is not enough only to turn off your PSU - you should really disconnect your Aquaero from power."
 
Yes, I have a 3.07 VFD and the firmware before updating was 3.22D.

Well, you have a Aquaero 4.0? I can hardly read it at your "screenshot".

When writing the OS with the os loader tool you hit the set button but loading the OS goes automatically without any user input.
 
R1ckCa1n said:
That is the same version as the one I can't get to take the flash. At least thats what the box says.

Are you sure about that as your OS loader shows a 3.99D firmware and a version 4 hardware. My box on the right side says it is a # 53035 Aquaero USB 3.99 VF-Display and the bar code numbers are 4260073 410984
 
IT WORKED!!! (Why I did it "I don't know :p )

I have the v3.07 and flashed from the 3.22d firmware.

It was a little different than Shoggy described above.

1) I installed the .Net v1.1
2) Launched the Aquero OS loader and followed the prompts
3) Shut down as requested and turned off the power at the PSU. Waited one minute
4) Upon restart it said "Loading OS" and asked me to restart.
5) Shut down for one minute
6) Upon restart it said "Please wait, flash OS (or update firmware)"
7) Booted into windows and launched the Aquasuite app.
8) Selected Flash and the only choice was v4.05a. All done.

:)

So Shoggy, is there any need for jaLCD anymore?


edit: How do I get my Aquastream frequency to stay at 71?
 
ShoNuff said:
IT WORKED!!!

It was a little different than Shoggy described above.

So Shoggy, is there any need for jaLCD anymore? Won't the new software do the same thing?
Congratulations ;)

Where is a real difference between your and my updating procedure?

jalcds don't work anymore because it can't connect to the Aquaero. Maybe the .dll file will be updated. In aquasuite go to lcd data output and write something into the rows and press 'show textbox on aquaero' ;)
Or click on 'start automatical data output' and select a text file to display.
I think there will be some tools in the future to use these functions in a better way.
 
Shoggy said:
Congratulations ;)

Where is a real difference between your and my updating procedure?

jalcds don't work anymore because it can't connect to the Aquaero. Maybe the .dll file will be updated. In aquasuite go to lcd data output and write something into the rows and press 'show textbox on aquaero' ;)
Or click on 'start automatical data output' and select a text file to display.
I think there will be some tools in the future to use these functions in a better way.

Cool! I like it so far. Thanks!
 
ShoNuff said:
IT WORKED!!! (Why I did it "I don't know :p )

I have the v3.07 and flashed from the 3.22d firmware.

It was a little different than Shoggy described above.

1) I installed the .Net v1.1
2) Launched the Aquero OS loader and followed the prompts
3) Shut down as requested and turned off the power at the PSU. Waited one minute
4) Upon restart it said "Loading OS" and asked me to restart.
5) Shut down for one minute
6) Upon restart it said "Please wait, flash OS (or update firmware)"
7) Booted into windows and launched the Aquasuite app.
8) Selected Flash and the only choice was v4.05a. All done.

:)

So Shoggy, is there any need for jaLCD anymore?


edit: How do I get my Aquastream frequency to stay at 71?
Mine must be retarded as it will not get to setp 4 on your list..... FECK.

Could it be because mine is a v3.07 with 3.99D firmware to begin with?
 
ShoNuff said:
edit: How do I get my Aquastream frequency to stay at 71?
Click on the ">" and movie the slider. Leave it and wait a moment - that's the trick.
 
This is a image from Avvidigi rig... hope he will not mind :rolleyes:

Whats that thing next to the 360 grill? for what it works?... I *think* it is the Aquajet (or something like that), If so, for what it works?



Also, is hard to cut the hole for the grill? I have never modded a case and I am very scared to fuck up a 200$ Case.

Thats all for now

-Simon
 
R1ckCa1n said:
Mine must be retarded as it will not get to setp 4 on your list..... FECK.

Could it be because mine is a v3.07 with 3.99D firmware to begin with?

The only difference I see in the way you are doing it as opposed to others is that you appear not to be physically disconnecting the Aquaero power plug. IOW, are you opening up the case and pulling the actual power cable from the Aquaero circuit board?

BTW, why do you keep saying that yours is a version 3.07?
 
simon27 said:
This is a image from Avvidigi rig... hope he will not mind :rolleyes:

Whats that thing next to the 360 grill? for what it works?... I *think* it is the Aquajet (or something like that), If so, for what it works?



Also, is hard to cut the hole for the grill? I have never modded a case and I am very scared to fuck up a 200$ Case.

Thats all for now

-Simon

The thing next to the 360 is an aquatube mounted with the aquabracket, if your asking why is it there? There are two loops in the case 2 rads, 2 res and 2 pumps. Also cutting the case is not that hard just make sure you have good blades on your jig saw ( if thats what your going to use ) using a dremel takes forever. Where do you live ? there are acouple people on this forum that have sent cases to me to get cut up :D

Also shoggy thanks for the help as always, im going to try it and if i never post here again it will because i have to send another aquaero to germany so that will get lost in the mail :mad: Here we go
 
Top Nurse said:
The only difference I see in the way you are doing it as opposed to others is that you appear not to be physically disconnecting the Aquaero power plug. IOW, are you opening up the case and pulling the actual power cable from the Aquaero circuit board?
I have my Aquaeros unscrewed and I physically unplug the unit from the power supply as well as unplug the power supply from the outlet and still can not get it to prompt me that it is writing the new OS.
 
R1ckCa1n said:
I have my Aquaeros unscrewed and I physically unplug the unit from the power supply as well as unplug the power supply from the outlet and still can not get it to prompt me that it is writing the new OS.

BUMMER :( Why don't you go by and see Wes and see if you guys can try on his computer? Maybe it is something unique to your OS setup or computer? Are you using the shipping version of .NET Framework or the beta version 2? Just looking for inconsistencies. :confused:
 
Top Nurse said:

Aquatube 3 1/16" in diameter = 77.7875 mm

Just got my aquatube/aquabay. Kinda bummed though because I received no fasteners to connect the Aquatube to the Aquabay. :(
 
Top Nurse said:
BUMMER :( Why don't you go by and see Wes and see if you guys can try on his computer? Maybe it is something unique to your OS setup or computer? Are you using the shipping version of .NET Framework or the beta version 2? Just looking for inconsistencies. :confused:
Using .NET 1.1 SP1.... .I'll call Wes and see if he will let me try another one!!!
 
Mines dead i knew i shouldnt have tried this damn thing ! Did everything and know when i turn on the aquaero says loading OS scrolls for 10 seconds and freezes. Tried to re flash and know i cant get a connection to the aquaero i dont beleave this sh!t. Now its back to AC and thats if i can get a hold of chris, its my own fault but this is BS
 
Aviddigi said:
Mines dead i knew i shouldnt have tried this damn thing ! Did everything and know when i turn on the aquaero says loading OS scrolls for 10 seconds and freezes. Tried to re flash and know i cant get a connection to the aquaero i dont beleave this sh!t. Now its back to AC and thats if i can get a hold of chris, its my own fault but this is BS
have you tried to disable the USB connection in "device manager" and re-enable?

at least you got yours to say "loading OS" as mine will not seem to do that..... only holds on to v3.99D firmware!
 
R1ckCa1n said:
have you tried to disable the USB connection in "device manager" and re-enable?

at least you got yours to say "loading OS" as mine will not seem to do that..... only holds on to v3.99D firmware!


Tried that and just unplug the USB cable and let it boot nothing and now it sounds like a jet engine in my room. If its an RMA im going to jump off the corando bridge. Also if anyone here has to send something to AC dont use USPS. I'll try DHL and let you know.
 
Aviddigi, is this 'loading os' thing coming up every time you start the pc or what happen? Tried to connect with aquasuite?
 
Shoggy said:
Aviddigi, is this 'loading os' thing coming up every time you start the pc or what happen? Tried to connect with aquasuite?


Yes everytime i start it says loading os, then says aquacomputer 4.05a scrolls for 10 seconds then feezes. Even when its connected or not connected to the aquaero. Also i'm starting to get USB device malfunction ( this happens everytime i open something for it aquasuite etc. ) Even when i delete it in the USB to add it again says its ready to go then you open aquasuite or loader ( usb device has malfunction )

I needed to fix my aquastream controller anyway ( red and green lights stay on all the time ) and chris said to send it back acouple of weeks ago but did not want to part with it. maybe now is a good time.

Shoggy is someone at AC going to be answering emails tomorrow or is it along weekend

Thanks again
 
As far as I know they are working. You should write to Chris or Sebastian (programmer of all, sebastian.grams@aqua-computer.de).

One last tipp that Sebastian has posted in the german thread: you could try a eeprom reset. Hold down the the set-button, start your pc and hold the button for five seconds. The display should say that the eeprom was reset. Power down the computer, start it again and hope...
 
Thanks man i'll try it, i emailed chris so hopefully he gets it and i can send this to them on Saturday ( U.S )
Thanks again
 
Tried the reset and still the same thing. Turn on computer warning eeprom reset ( then says its reset ) loading OS. Goes to aquaero post scrolls for 10 seconds everytime then feezes, nothing recognize's it ( uploader nor aquasuite ).
 
Aviddigi said:
Thanks man i'll try it, i emailed chris so hopefully he gets it and i can send this to them on Saturday ( U.S )

I know you didn't buy this from Sharka, but perhaps Wes can help you get this thing RMA'd. Wouldn't hurt to make the call? ;) I was going to send something to Franz at IT-Trade so it could go in the same package. Or perhaps Wes might be willing to do a warranty replacement on the unit if he can work things out with IT-Trade and A-C. Last time I was there he still had 2 Aquaero's sitting there....
 
Shoggy,,, has anyone posted on the AC forum about their Aquaero not taking the os loader firmware even though you get the prompt to press the ENTER key for 2 seconds?

I'm thinking about trying the EPROM reset and see if it takes.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top