• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Teh Uber L33t Aqua-Computer Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Nurse said:
After looking here, there, and everywhere I finally looked in my closet and found a can of Zep stainless steel cleaner. I think it came from Home Depot for maybe $5 a can. ;) Works great and cuts right through that nasty gunk that was left on the Aquabay after the plastic came off. Gives it a nice polished look to boot.

Not familiar with Zep but in my experience the best stainless steel polisher I have ever used is a product called Bartenders Friend. I have been using it on my All-Clad cookware and my German cutlery for years. Usually can only be found at local hardware stores in the US. Not hard to find but just not the usual retail channels.

Top Nurse said:
BTW, did you get your Aquatube and Aquabay ordered today?

Yes Maam!

Order placed and on its way to the mountains of Pennsylvania. Somewhat of a problem with 3/8" ID fittings at Sharka for the Aquatube but I feel this can be attributed to growing pains. I know you have done extensive research into the German 1/8 threads/fittings so hook a brother like Wes up!
 
Greetings most exalted ones...

I spoke to Franz at IT-Trade last night and he spoke to a high level manager at Aqua Computer today about our problem with the Aquaero's having German language only on the displays. Franz says that the Revision 4 firmware for the version 4 hardware will be released as stated by the end of next week or sooner. The revision 4 firmware is working and Chris M. is currently working on translating from German to English for the display. When available it will be available for downloading from the Aqua Computer website. I assume Sharka and other distributors will post links as soon as it is available.

From what I understand several new products are imminently coming out of this firmware revision. Namely the Coolant Level Switch and the Multi-Switch which runs off the AquaBus.
 
dgkulzer said:
Sleepydano:
May I ask what kind of res do you have now and where did you get it from?

The aquatube has a outer set of bolts that hold it onto the case and a inner set of bolts that hold on the clear top, to fill it you just have to remove the inner set (the ones through the plexi). Naturaly this works only if its in the top of the case so the plexi is pointed up. Filling it up when its horizontal is slightly different :)

Generally a really big res isnt needed anyway, lots of people get by fine with just a t-line in fact. The main purpose of a res is to simplify filling and also to make it easier on the pump and for this the aquatube works great. I admit the aquatube doesnt hold much water but if it was much bigger it wouldnt be as versatile, easy horizontal mounting in a drive bay with the pump behind it or in the top of the case.

Edit: I think www.snt-systems.com has the aquatube with the 1/2" barb option for you guys that use larger hose sizes. Since I use the standard 10mm AC hose I just have the standard aquatube.


Yes i do the 1/2 mod to the aquatube's tis a beautifull mod with posi seal barb's and all,Cpt Insano,Natwebly and many other's have a 1/2" moded tube.and they all love it,only 1 problem with the mod is when Dan came to me and asked me to make it look as clean as can be and have the best flow it can..i went to far with that..the curent tube's and aquazilla's with the 1/2" mod can out flow any pump made for water cooling :)
 
Just a few pic's of the Rev 2 mod


aquazilla_2.jpg


aquazilla_1.jpg



aquamod_1.jpg


aquamod_3.jpg
 
R1ckCa1n said:

I didn't realize at the time, but the reason he got these pics off so fast was he used his TREO 650 to take them on the way home while sitting at a traffic light :eek: And then UL them to his website on the way home. Technology is sure changing....watch out Princes and Princesses. ;)
 
Top Nurse said:
Franz says that the Revision 4 firmware for the version 4 hardware will be released as stated by the end of next week or sooner.
Remember where you read it first *lol* :p :D

hey you, pssssst... encoded informations... multiswitch... it's like star wars - you will have to decide...
 
BitchBreaker said:
Just a few pic's of the Rev 2 mod

aquazilla_1.jpg

If your hurting for $$ how much for a couple of these babies? On the other hand can you still do some custom machining work? I might be interested in having some special Aquajet style tubes made to my specifications. Probably would be something like the pic above except made with SS tubing or nickel plated copper with a G 1/4 (BSPP) fitting on the back so a standard G 1/4 push-fit or compression fitting could be installed.
 
Shoggy said:
Remember where you read it first *lol*

hey you, pssssst... encoded informations... multiswitch... it's like star wars - you will have to decide...

I remember quite well :) as I just wanted to follow up as I have one of these German Aquaero's sitting about 2 feet from me and now it IS more important to ME. ;) You said you didn't work for A-C so I just wanted to make sure it was the "official word." :D

Are you telling us that the coolant level switch and multiswitch are going the same way as the "special Aquastream PC interface" that we discussed in another thread?
 
Top Nurse said:
I didn't realize at the time, but the reason he got these pics off so fast was he used his TREO 650 to take them on the way home while sitting at a traffic light :eek: And then UL them to his website on the way home. Technology is sure changing....watch out Princes and Princesses. ;)
What nobody noticed as one of the hold-down brackets was up-side-down........ I did fix this before installing it on the motherboard.

Yes technology is great, now if I can get the VPN to work on the Treo, I will be golden. :cool:
 
Top Nurse said:
Are you telling us that the coolant level switch and multiswitch are going the same way as the "special Aquastream PC interface" that we discussed in another thread?
No, they will not disappear ;)
 
Top Nurse said:
If your hurting for $$ how much for a couple of these babies? On the other hand can you still do some custom machining work? I might be interested in having some special Aquajet style tubes made to my specifications. Probably would be something like the pic above except made with SS tubing or nickel plated copper with a G 1/4 (BSPP) fitting on the back so a standard G 1/4 push-fit or compression fitting could be installed.



Im moving right now,getting packed as i type,so i wont be able to help u just yet.But as the supplyer and u a customer we couldent make u happy b4,was a lack on our end so im not sure if we can make u happy this time,id give it a try as soon as i can if that would suit your need's,as for the plateing,tis a bad idea to do nickel on copper then add SS to the mix..But yet again wait till im moved and we shall see what we can do for ya.

Btw,tks for the bump..never hought u would bump for me..but i guess i was wrong.
 
BitchBreaker said:
Just a few pic's of the Rev 2 mod


aquazilla_2.jpg
Very nice work, however, it would look very good with a tube that matched the AquaTube like the below picture. Just too much contrast between the metals and I don't like mixing copper and alu in the same location to where they physically are touching.

aquatube.jpg
 
R1ckCa1n said:
What nobody noticed as one of the hold-down brackets was up-side-down........ I did fix this before installing it on the motherboard.

Oh :eek: I do see now ;) Wes strikes again :eek: Must have happened when we were back in the dark corner of the warehouse when he was taking off the P4 mounts and putting on the A64.
 
BitchBreaker said:
Im moving right now,getting packed as i type,so i wont be able to help u just yet.But as the supplyer and u a customer we couldent make u happy b4,was a lack on our end so im not sure if we can make u happy this time,id give it a try as soon as i can if that would suit your need's,as for the plateing,tis a bad idea to do nickel on copper then add SS to the mix..But yet again wait till im moved and we shall see what we can do for ya.

Btw,tks for the bump..never hought u would bump for me..but i guess i was wrong.

I was thinking of nickel plated copper or SS, not both. I'm really not a bad person, but I do have my moments. ;) And while you did PO me at first you have kinda grown on me. You seem a very nice person and you have principles which I like in any person. Same thing with Captin Insano as he always came off to me as the level headed one on the SNT Forum.
 
Shoggy said:
No, they will not disappear ;)

Hmmm...so can they be ordered now for shipment when the V4 firmware is posted? I think I know someone who would want like 10-20 each of them. :D
 
All righty guys and gals I'm got all my toys together and I'm ready to start drilling and cutting. I have decided to use two Aquatubes in my setup. The black one (will be here next week) will go in the front in the Aquabay and the silver one is going into the middle compartment case floor above the PSU area of my V2000B. I figure that seeing as how it will be sitting on the floor I wouldn't get to enjoy the water follies on the side mounted one very much except when sitting across the room. So the other one will be for my enjoyment when I am sitting at my desk looking through the glass table I got. :p

My rads are one BI Micro II (dual 80mm) above PSU, one BI Pro 120mm in the front bottom of case just in front of the HDD racks. And of course another 120mm BI Pro in the middle of the case at the exhaust fan port. I figure that should give me great cooling and room to grow as I have been considering using a dual peltier setup with the Twinplex's on my SLI setup. :D The Aqua Computer 240 rad is going up for sale soon with the other stuff I don't need. All of the rads and Aquatubes bolts are being changed over to SS button head socket cap screws.

While I'm getting all the rads and Aquatubes in I will think about whether to put this all on one loop or get another Aquastream. I'm interested to hear from others who have ran dual loops or possible running two pumps in the same circuit separated by 1/2 the coolers or even running the two pumps in parallel out of the same reservoir. Tell me all your crazy ideas! :eek:
 
THe copper is isolated from the alum fitting on the aquazilla se,the aqua tube its self is anodized,there is little to no galvonic corosion,and in any matter unless there 2 conflicting mettal's in a salt water solution it wont erode fast enuff to matter.

As for Top Nurse,u flatter me ;) ..im a verry good person or i try to be,i just have issues with conflict's..i dont like them,so for your machine work let me get moved,and ill get with u to se what we can do for u.
 
I noticed today that the Aquadrive dual is not mounting securely, it seems to only have four screw mounts on the bottom of it and is loose in the bay. Is there a way to secure it?
 
badash said:
I noticed today that the Aquadrive dual is not mounting securely, it seems to only have four screw mounts on the bottom of it and is loose in the bay. Is there a way to secure it?

I think there is a discussion about this going on right now on the Aqua Computer Forum or something very similar. Just noticed the buzz, but wasn't too interested seeing how I don't use them. ;)
 
IT'S READY! :cool:

Aquasuite and firmware (both beta) is downloadable. I will write more and do a little step by step guide in the next one or two hours because I have no time at the moment...
 
Looks nice just wish it would work, 2 computers doing the same thing ( just showing a grey screen ) my german is bad and i cant email chris but doesnt say that you can use the suite on all firmware's.
I have a 3.99 english that chris did himself at AC

As for the problem no matter were i go find usb device, aquasuite help, nothing happens. Went back to aquaero USB and everything works fine.
 
Shoggy said:
IT'S READY! :cool:

Aquasuite and firmware (both beta) is downloadable. I will write more and do a little step by step guide in the next one or two hours because I have no time at the moment...

[Music Beach Boys: Good Vibrations]

Total Kool! :D I just hope they put it up on the English site as well, because my German suxs. I just DL the Aqua Suite Beta, but am holding back on dl the firmwares till I hear from you as it is difficult to discern what to do and I don't want to let the magic smoke out of my Aquaero :eek:

[/music]
 
Well, I can't write a guide because Stephan has locked the OS updater file. There a currently four people who have problems with the OS update - the aquaero won't start (blank screen) after flashing. Others are lucky, they have no problems.

The OS update file will stay locked till the problem is solved. Sebastian is working on it right now.

Here you can see some screenshots.
 
Doesnt explain why the aquasuite will not start at all, i have two computers here and another that i built and called the owner. He tried and gets the same thing, no control panel just a gray screen. Updated all the net framework as per AC still nothing beta=bad ill stick with my regular USB for now.
 
Shoggy said:
Well, I can't write a guide because Stephan has locked the OS updater file. There a currently four people who have problems with the OS update - the aquaero won't start (blank screen) after flashing. Others are lucky, they have no problems.

The OS update file will stay locked till the problem is solved. Sebastian is working on it right now.

Here you can see some screenshots.

Hmmm... I thought it was working properly?

What is the 405_A.VFD file as I DL that already? Is the locked file the actual updater that you use with the aforementioned file?

So assuming that we can't get this to work can someone please send me the English 3.99 firmware and program to update my Aquaero?
 
Aviddigi said:
Doesnt explain why the aquasuite will not start at all, i have two computers here and another that i built and called the owner. He tried and gets the same thing, no control panel just a gray screen. Updated all the net framework as per AC still nothing beta=bad ill stick with my regular USB for now.
It will not work without the new OS and firmware for the Aquaero. I have a grey screen too ;)

Top Nurse, you can't flash the new firmware without doing the OS update before.
 
lol :D then my german is real bad


Die Software wird benötigt um Firmwareupdates aller Geräte durchzuführen

The software becomes necessarily to carry out around Firmware updates of all devices

Thought it was able to work with all firmware's stupid americans :(
 
Shoggy said:
It will not work without the new OS and firmware for the Aquaero. I have a grey screen too ;)

Top Nurse, you can't flash the new firmware without doing the OS update before.

Just noticed something when trying to install the Aqua Suite program. A box comes up asking if I want to install the .NET Framework and then takes me to a .NET beta page for version 2. Could there be a problem with with the beta .NET source code as opposed to the release version 1.1 code?


Don't know if this will be helpful, but there is a very old saying about firmware updates:

1. Windows is an unstable environment
2. Never flash firmware in unstable environment
3. Don't flash in Windows....use DOS
4. If no DOS disk see #1
 
The people have used 1.1.

Little update: currently we have seven death aquaeros :( Stephan has locked all files now and promised they will work on it tomorrow and you should know that this is a holiday.
 
Shoggy said:
The people have used 1.1.

Little update: currently we have seven death aquaeros :( Stephan has locked all files now and promised they will work on it tomorrow and you should know that this is a holiday.

Ascension Day? Franz at IT-Trade is going fishing tomorrow...might even be at the lake right now :D
 
Since we had good news on the Aquaero firmware and then terrible news on the Aquaero firmware I thought I would give you something to make the Aqua-Fanz cheer up :)

[music/Doors: The End]

The next Aqua Computer shipment for Sharka Corp will be leaving Austria Friday or at the latest Monday due to Thursday being a national holiday. Last time it took about 7 days total time with truck & air. So we should see this stuff late next week. What stuff you ask?

Well how about all the Twinplex's and mounting screens. 10 each of the Black, Titan, and Silver Aquatube's along with their respective mounting plates and AquaBay's. Some Aquadrive's (wasn't interested so I didn't inquire as to what), cases of fluids (AC, UV stuff), Temp sensors and flow sensors, several hundred fittings (compression, barbed, and P&C), 4 of the AquagraFX 6800 Rev 2 and 4 of the AquagratiX 800/850 combo coolers, and for one very special person a Silver Twinplex. Not me, but we know who you are...

Unfortunately the Silver XT's on order (special order with deposit) won't be done till next week so that will come in on the next shipment. However, there is coming about 20 of the regular Cuplex XT's (with all the mounts to make them go on whatever ya got) if you could call the hottest water cooling item on the planet "regular." Some of which are destined for review sites per Wes. :D

[/music]
 
R1ckCa1n said:
Ah damn.....

Anyone got the files? I'd like to give it a try :eek:

I'm not sure you want in on this....seven dead Aquaero's! But if you want to live on the wild side I think Aviddigi has the files. I can e-mail you the Aqua Suite if you PM your e-mail address.
 
Im not touching mine 7 dead!, bad enough it got lost in the mail and i had to wait a month to get it back. The other computer i built thats local is done and fine ( knock on wood ) but im not doing anything to either of mine. :(
 
ah come on people.... whats the worst thing that can happen? A dead Aquaero that gets replaced.
 
Well thanks for the files but WHY THE HELL ARE THERE NO ENGLISH INSTRUCTIONS?

Man,,,,, even tried converting the PDF to a .doc and still couldn't translate the instructions.
 
R1ckCa1n said:
Well thanks for the files but WHY THE HELL ARE THERE NO ENGLISH INSTRUCTIONS?

Man,,,,, even tried converting the PDF to a .doc and still couldn't translate the instructions.

Shoggy was just getting around to doing the English files when the shit hit the fan. However, if you look at the Aqua Computer English website you can see that they were nice enough to wish everyone a Merry Christmas from 2004. ;)

Obviously, I would rather they spend their time doing English firmware updates and stuff like that, but how long does it take to plop a few English sentences together to put up on their website about products they want to sell to English speaking countries? But I suppose that is why they have dealers in this country to take care of that for them.
 
R1ckCa1n said:
Well thanks for the files but WHY THE HELL ARE THERE NO ENGLISH INSTRUCTIONS?

Man,,,,, even tried converting the PDF to a .doc and still couldn't translate the instructions.

Sent the Aqua Suite and V4 firmware
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top