• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Teh Uber L33t Aqua-Computer Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ight cpt ill try to hit u up on aim right now so we can talk.. if i cant get u im me on aim @ cpt1337.. us cpt's got to stick togeather ;) lol
 
R1ckCa1n said:
After living through nearly a month of a stock 6800GT fan, I FINALLY am back to noise free!!!!

DSC04941.JPG

R1ckCa1n, did you have any problems installing the Aquagrafx onto your 6800GT? There have been reports of challenges with the stock parts AC ships with the cooler.

I have one and did not install it yet on my card. Just got a new set up and will be running on air for a bit longer until I am sure the new parts are stable.
 
ShoNuff said:
R1ckCa1n, did you have any problems installing the Aquagrafx onto your 6800GT? There have been reports of challenges with the stock parts AC ships with the cooler.

I have one and did not install it yet on my card. Just got a new set up and will be running on air for a bit longer until I am sure the new parts are stable.
Yes I did........ You do not use all of the parts that come with the kit.

Step 1 - Remove existing heatsink and fan, SAVE the four chrome screws with springs and backplate.
Step 2 - Clean the mess off the card
Step 3 - Reapply thermal compound (I did the GPU, RAM, and MOSFETS
Step 4 - Install block with the supplied plastic screws such that it pulls the entire block down to where you can get the four chrome screws with springs to reach through the block and into backplate. BE CAREFULL NOT TO OVERTIGHTEN THE PLASTIC SCREWS AS YOU WILL BEND THE CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Step 5 - Tighten the screws around the GPU and secure (snug up while not overtightening) the plastic screws for the RAM.

This process worked for me. The first go around ended up with a severely BENT card due to overtightening the plastic screws and/or not using the correct screws and backplate around the GPU. Works GREAT NOW!
 
R1ckCa1n, thanks for the tip Bro! Unfortunately I'll be running on air for just a little longer but I am really looking forward to this H2O block b/c the stock heatsink and fan are loud relative to a quite liquid cooled system.
 
ShoNuff said:
R1ckCa1n, thanks for the tip Bro! Unfortunately I'll be running on air for just a little longer but I am really looking forward to this H2O block b/c the stock heatsink and fan are loud relative to a quite liquid cooled system.

Yeah, the 6800 fan is LOUD! ... maybe some people can put up with the noise...but I think my 9800p is loud enough. Good thing aqua-computer is cranking out those gpu blocks, I am looking forward to getting rid of my northbridge and video card fans...:D
 
Some preview pics, getting finished tommarow (I hope)
the parts with waterblocks mounted back in their bags
Img_2937sm.jpg


the case with parts mounted with silicone rubber, still drying...
Img_2935sm.jpg


the side of the case...
Img_2939sm.jpg



Is there anything wrong with using the twinplex for a 6600GT? Just want to verify this will work before I build everything back together.
 
I smell LGA :) I love the srtup man..cant wait till its done me my self will build a system around the Lian LI v1000 (silver) and a ABIT Fatal1ty LGA 775 mobo :)..in other news..how much for the stock LGA 775 hsf? i have been looking for 1.
 
I was thinking about keeping it incase I ever remove the waterblock (only part I didn't get used), anyhow shipping out from germany would take a while and wouldn't be that cheap :/
if you still are interested my aim is SuicidalInsanit


I was looking at the 1100 earlier, but decided to keep my current case for now, I have no idea who makes it/made it, but it has ~1 cm thick plastic on all sides around the metal sides, and I added additional damming on the inside, so it was already pretty quiet on air, however I didn't like the temps and having the choice between 70euro for normal cooling or water cooling for 165 was easy.


edit/update: this is how it used to look.
case.jpg
 
I'm curious, how does the tubing fit on to the aqua computer blocks? I mean, does it just slide on or is there some sort of clips to hold it in place?
 
it goes inside the attachments, and its self locking, the harder you pull the tighter it gets, you need to push on the ring to pull the tubing out (kinda like the child safe pill bottles, except its alot harder applying pressure)
 
HUGE ASS W00T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got my X mas present from a Super nice guy that im building a custom fan shroud for! He owns to a much higher level than any b4 him! i now have the Grip to buy (witch im ordering from Dan now) My P4 Water block!!!!!!!! This is the best X mas ever!!!!!!! Im all teared up right now! my shuttle might get water cooled now..all thanks to A super nice guy that gave more then he SHOULD have and wouldent take it back..so this meens i now can buy my block..and then my rad..then the pump..then ill post the screen shots of what "OMFG" speed really is :D its more then 3.7,3.8,and even 3.9ghz! tks a LOT guys...you have made me truely happy this year!
 
BitchBreaker said:
HUGE ASS W00T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got my X mas present from a Super nice guy that im building a custom fan shroud for! He owns to a much higher level than any b4 him! i now have the Grip to buy (witch im ordering from Dan now) My P4 Water block!!!!!!!! This is the best X mas ever!!!!!!! Im all teared up right now! my shuttle might get water cooled now..all thanks to A super nice guy that gave more then he SHOULD have and wouldent take it back..so this meens i now can buy my block..and then my rad..then the pump..then ill post the screen shots of what "OMFG" speed really is :D its more then 3.7,3.8,and even 3.9ghz! tks a LOT guys...you have made me truely happy this year!
I know how you feel... when I found out I could actually have an aquatube w/ 1/2" barbs I almost nutted myself. Then I saw the price and I did nut myself :D

Kick ass too! I gotta see that shuttle when it gets done.
 
Here's a few pics for anyone wanting to se what My 1/2 Inch moded Aquatube is going in. Just a Lian Li PC75 with a little paint on the outside and some powdercoat on the inside and the start of my first H2o Plumbing. Soon i will have it runnin' thanks to my Boys! Dan and BitchBreaker!!! You guys are the bomb!!

The
Captin

http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/IM000247.jpg
http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/IM000284.jpg
http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/IM000309.jpg
http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/IM000281.jpg
http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/IM000313.jpg

Looks better Now then when I first took the photos. Ive had a chance to color wetsand the first 2 layers of clear coat with 2000 and then layed on 4 more coats of some high $$ clear. Man does it look nice. And BB sounds like its a good Xmas for YOU!!! :D
 
nweibley said:
I know how you feel... when I found out I could actually have an aquatube w/ 1/2" barbs I almost nutted myself. Then I saw the price and I did nut myself :D

Kick ass too! I gotta see that shuttle when it gets done.
Bro tks so fooking much for making my shuttle mod project happen a lot faster than what it was going at..i just orderd the block and the compact300 kit for the pump im gona get.. My X mas is gona own this year!.

Captin Insano said:
Here's a few pics for anyone wanting to se what My 1/2 Inch moded Aquatube is going in. Just a Lian Li PC75 with a little paint on the outside and some powdercoat on the inside and the start of my first H2o Plumbing. Soon i will have it runnin' thanks to my Boys! Dan and BitchBreaker!!! You guys are the bomb!!

The
Captin

http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/IM000247.jpg
http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/IM000284.jpg
http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/IM000309.jpg
http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/IM000281.jpg
http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/IM000313.jpg

Looks better Now then when I first took the photos. Ive had a chance to color wetsand the first 2 layers of clear coat with 2000 and then layed on 4 more coats of some high $$ clear. Man does it look nice. And BB sounds like its a good Xmas for YOU!!!

Tks a lot man..ill be making every ones mods all personal this time around..i owe it to ever one that buys a mod from me!
 
Captin Insano said:
Here's a few pics for anyone wanting to se what My 1/2 Inch moded Aquatube is going in. Just a Lian Li PC75 with a little paint on the outside and some powdercoat on the inside and the start of my first H2o Plumbing. Soon i will have it runnin' thanks to my Boys! Dan and BitchBreaker!!! You guys are the bomb!!

The
Captin

http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/IM000247.jpg
http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/IM000284.jpg
http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/IM000309.jpg
http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/IM000281.jpg
http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/IM000313.jpg

Looks better Now then when I first took the photos. Ive had a chance to color wetsand the first 2 layers of clear coat with 2000 and then layed on 4 more coats of some high $$ clear. Man does it look nice. And BB sounds like its a good Xmas for YOU!!! :D

Kickass case cpn!

BitchBreaker, you deserve it ;)

That shuttle is going to be awesome when you finish!!
 
Captin Insano said:
Here's a few pics for anyone wanting to se what My 1/2 Inch moded Aquatube is going in. Just a Lian Li PC75 with a little paint on the outside and some powdercoat on the inside and the start of my first H2o Plumbing. Soon i will have it runnin' thanks to my Boys! Dan and BitchBreaker!!! You guys are the bomb!!

The
Captin

http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/IM000247.jpg
http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/IM000284.jpg
http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/IM000309.jpg
http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/IM000281.jpg
http://images.dr3vil.com/uploads/IM000313.jpg

Looks better Now then when I first took the photos. Ive had a chance to color wetsand the first 2 layers of clear coat with 2000 and then layed on 4 more coats of some high $$ clear. Man does it look nice. And BB sounds like its a good Xmas for YOU!!! :D

man that case looks real good. but the only thing i dont like is the case feet. they stand out to much. also are you going to paint your aquatube?
 
flat4 said:
man that case looks real good. but the only thing i dont like is the case feet. they stand out to much. also are you going to paint your aquatube?

If you think they stand out to much wait till you see the Insane glow of red leds in their eyesockets when I fire up the machine. The feet are polished alluminum shifter handles that I had to drill and tap and then drill and do leds in the eyes. The Tube and Aquabay are getting the powdercoat treatment as well. (like the rest of the inside of the case) The powdercoat is called silver vein.

The Capt.
 
R1ckCa1n said:
Yes I did........ You do not use all of the parts that come with the kit.

Step 1 - Remove existing heatsink and fan, SAVE the four chrome screws with springs and backplate.
Step 2 - Clean the mess off the card
Step 3 - Reapply thermal compound (I did the GPU, RAM, and MOSFETS
Step 4 - Install block with the supplied plastic screws such that it pulls the entire block down to where you can get the four chrome screws with springs to reach through the block and into backplate. BE CAREFULL NOT TO OVERTIGHTEN THE PLASTIC SCREWS AS YOU WILL BEND THE CARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Step 5 - Tighten the screws around the GPU and secure (snug up while not overtightening) the plastic screws for the RAM.

This process worked for me. The first go around ended up with a severely BENT card due to overtightening the plastic screws and/or not using the correct screws and backplate around the GPU. Works GREAT NOW!

Yes, same problem. The AC supplied (4) metal screws are too short. I had some longer ones in my parts collection and used them. PS there is a small set-screw that holds the plexi Aqua-Computer logo in our blocks. Loosen it and it comes out so you can flip it over so it is not upside down in your case. (you must be using a LL v-series as am I)..
YOURS
DSC04941.jpg

MINE
bfg_final.jpg

I also removed the Blue LED, I don't care for the look.
 
What temps do you get with those 6800s at idle/full? What are your overclocks?
Wondering since I will be *hopefully* getting one soon.
 
Zxcs said:
What temps do you get with those 6800s at idle/full? What are your overclocks?
Wondering since I will be *hopefully* getting one soon.

Sorry I can't help you. My machine is not yet ready. But I have a BFG tech. 6800 Ultra..The core clock speed is 425mhz (vs the reference 400mhz), so it's OC'ed from the factory. You will have to wait for R1ckCa1n to chime in, his looks to be up-and-running...
I have been working on mine for 6 months. You can check it out @
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=62286
 
I currently have a BFG 6800 U at 450/1200, but it hits 70-75 full load and 65-70 idle. I was wondering how much the AC block affects it, whether it has good cooling power, or just good looks ;)
 
Guys.......

I'm having a hard time understanding how can the Aieplax240 be mounted on the outside of a case....
would this require modification of the case itself?
 
The Saint said:
Guys.......

I'm having a hard time understanding how can the Aieplax240 be mounted on the outside of a case....
would this require modification of the case itself?

Depends on where you want to mount it and what case. more info please.
 
Yes you can mod the rad just about any where u want it,it takes moding the case,rad,ect depending on what and where you wana put it..
 
Ahhhhhhhhh

haven`t modded anything in my entire life! :( so I don`t think it would be a good idea.
 
The Saint said:
Ahhhhhhhhh

haven`t modded anything in my entire life! :( so I don`t think it would be a good idea.

Just think this could be a great place to start!! I remeber my first mod. MAN was that sometime ago. I was really nervous too. worried that i was gonna wreck the whole thing. Ya know what! I took my time and it turned out awesome. Now I feel I could mod anything. Ever used a dremel or a Jig saw or even a hand saw and files or a drill? I think what you wanna do wouldnt be that bad or hard to do. What case is it? Shouldnt be to hard.

the cptn
 
modsquad2 said:
Sorry I can't help you. My machine is not yet ready. But I have a BFG tech. 6800 Ultra..The core clock speed is 425mhz (vs the reference 400mhz), so it's OC'ed from the factory. You will have to wait for R1ckCa1n to chime in, his looks to be up-and-running...
I have been working on mine for 6 months. You can check it out @
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=62286
My temps went from high 60's idle / high 70's load to 45 idle / 50 load. The best part is my overclock went from 410 / 1000 to 434 / 1125 and very stable with no artifacts. :D
 
BitchBreaker, you gots a Thermochill rad and 2x fans coming your way. I literally just got back from shipping them, they will be at your door before noon tomorrow. :D
 
The Saint said:
Thanks Captain...

its an Antec P160...:)

If It were me, (unless you have reason to have it mounted externally) I would mount it internally and mount it suspended from the top with a nice grill on top or mount it to the bottom from the inside kinda flush. Either way venting to the outside with push or pull or both. I have done these kinda mods tons of times. Not real hard Glad to give some instruction/tips/pointers. I will post some picks how mine was done. (hanging from inside top)I did a Thermochill 120.3 3x120mm fans. No worries its not that hard!


The
Cpt.
 
R1ckCa1n said:
My temps went from high 60's idle / high 70's load to 45 idle / 50 load. The best part is my overclock went from 410 / 1000 to 434 / 1125 and very stable with no artifacts. :D

Is that a 6800 ultra? Mine is higher than that with stock heatsink and fan.
 
R1ckCa1n said:
My temps went from high 60's idle / high 70's load to 45 idle / 50 load. The best part is my overclock went from 410 / 1000 to 434 / 1125 and very stable with no artifacts. :D

Seems similar to my 9800xt after the installation of the AquagrATIx. I'd upgrade to the 6800 GT and mod the bios to the Ultra and OC it if I could afford it right now but alas, I can not. Whatever high end card with AC waterblock is available at the time of QuakeCon this next year will find its way into a fully custom case. I cant wait to start on the next steps after the 3D mock ups. Very few are aware of this project, its top secret. :D

-Dan
 
Zxcs said:
Is that a 6800 ultra? Mine is higher than that with stock heatsink and fan.
Nope. eVGA 6800GT that wouldn't hold 434 to save it's life before the waterblock. Hell, it is worth the 100.00 just to get rid of the noise.

[S]nt|Mods said:
Seems similar to my 9800xt after the installation of the AquagrATIx. I'd upgrade to the 6800 GT and mod the bios to the Ultra and OC it if I could afford it right now but alas, I can not.
Any links to the instructions???? I just need a reason to get a new card!
 
[S]nt|Mods said:
Seems similar to my 9800xt after the installation of the AquagrATIx. I'd upgrade to the 6800 GT and mod the bios to the Ultra and OC it if I could afford it right now but alas, I can not. Whatever high end card with AC waterblock is available at the time of QuakeCon this next year will find its way into a fully custom case. I cant wait to start on the next steps after the 3D mock ups. Very few are aware of this project, its top secret. :D

-Dan
Well I guess I will have to order more Aqua-Computer gear so you can afford it...............I want to see that proprietary_project...Post some pictures...
 
nweibley said:
BitchBreaker, you gots a Thermochill rad and 2x fans coming your way. I literally just got back from shipping them, they will be at your door before noon tomorrow. :D


I will be looking for them today,After i get the rad and fans ill have a mockup shroud done in a few hours then its on to making the real deal :) I also hope to have the tubes today, so every one thats getting one of these 3 tubes please tell me what holes you want moded,E mail me @ inkpimp@gmail.com,nweibley i allready know what holes im moding on yours so ya dont have to e mail me unless you want to confirm what holes im going to be moding for you.

EDIT: The UPS man just got here and i have the box inhand, This will be a good day for Moding :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top