Teh Uber L33t Aqua-Computer Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the AirPlex Evo 160 a good radtiator? Would it be able to cool 2 50 degree CPUs and an 80 degree GPU to below 30 degrees? Or would any radiator for that matter?
I'm currently looking for a good radiator and I'm stuck in choice between ThermalChill 120.3 or the Airplex Evo 1800. Allthough I do like the "System PC-70" pre-built case + watercooling by aqua computer, though I'm not sure about the radiator...

Zxcs said:
Is the AirPlex Evo 160 a good radtiator? Would it be able to cool 2 50 degree CPUs and an 80 degree GPU to below 30 degrees? Or would any radiator for that matter?
I'm currently looking for a good radiator and I'm stuck in choice between ThermalChill 120.3 or the Airplex Evo 1800. Allthough I do like the "System PC-70" pre-built case + watercooling by aqua computer, though I'm not sure about the radiator...

I liked the look of the "System PC-70" aquacomputer system and wanted to do my own version of it. I already had the PC-75B which is the black version of the case and decided to go from there..

First Dan @ snt-systems made the cuts for the rad , aqua tube and got rid of the 80 mm stamped grill covers.
lian1.JPG

Then i wanted to do something to customize the case. I was gonna anodize it, but i would have to completely take the case apart to do it. So i decided just to powder coat it... :D

After Pics.

lian4.JPG

lian5.JPG

lian6.JPG

lian7.JPG

Did a test fit of the 240 grill and black aquatube bracket. I'm gonna start a project log of this soon hopefully...

Zxcs said:

If you paired a few really good 80mm fans the 160 can be a great performer but at the expense of Db (noise). The System PCs that AC provides will never make into my inventory because it would simply be too expensive to ship from abroad. Drop ship is a possibility but AC direct for your UK needs would be a good choice but you have to do all business with them through email.

flat4 said:
does switching the barbs void the warrenty on the block?

No, it does not. :D

-Dan

[S]nt|Mods said:
You want to first pass the 4 bolts along with a plastic washer on each through the holes in your motherboard around the CPU socket from the rear, this places the heads of the bolts behind the board. Now place the remaining 4 plastic washers on each of the bolts on the front side of the motherboard, then screw in the 4 metal nuts to snug the bolts into place. Make sure the bolts are properly placed so the mounting holes on the NexXxos will pass through without trouble. Place the 4 springs on each of the bolts and screw down the remaining knurled nuts to tighten the CPU block intto place. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN!

-Dan

well, I have 4 plastic washers and 4 rubber washers, I guess its a different design, the rubber things go on top of the mainboard I believe.

i got my 240 grill in the mail yesterday .. sweeeeetttt..

can someone tell me, what size drill bit do i use to drill the holes?

SelRahc said:
Looks really good. What does that cost to have done?

You and just about everybody else has received their stuff by now, yesterday actually. How goes it? :)

-Dan

Id like tot ake a vote and see how many people would want a 1/2" aqua jet that me and dan named the AquaZilla, I havent got a price made for them yet but i feal they will be about what a normal aqua jet cost..maby a lil more if the price of copper dont come down as i use #1 grade copper and its not cheap. so now we have it..how many want the new aquazilla?

UPDATE!!!! The aqutaubes were sent to my old house out of state so the orders will be delayed a few days more.Sorry guys.

Well, I got my water cooling kit installed (yay! its running about 17C cooler!), but I ran out of tubing :( ...so I went to Menards and picked up some tubing but its rather 'too flexible' and doesn't fit as snug as the tubing that came along with the kit, but its working for now. Dan, do you have any 90 degree adapters and more tubing in stock? Thanks again!

-Seth Hahn

P.S. Pics will be posted when I fix the embarassment of power supply cables ;)

BitchBreaker said:
Id like tot ake a vote and see how many people would want a 1/2" aqua jet that me and dan named the AquaZilla, I havent got a price made for them yet but i feal they will be about what a normal aqua jet cost..maby a lil more if the price of copper dont come down as i use #1 grade copper and its not cheap. so now we have it..how many want the new aquazilla?

Oh! Oh! Oh! :eek: HELL YES!!! I DO!!!! Sign me up for 1 !!!! :D Please!!!!!

The Captin

BitchBreaker said:
UPDATE!!!! The aqutaubes were sent to my old house out of state so the orders will be delayed a few days more.Sorry guys.

:eek: DAMN!!! What the.......... Damn Its like everything and anything has tried to keep me from gettin this thing finished and right now I know what a crackhead feels like when hes been without and is jonesing hard---except mines water cooled computer computer goodness!!! :D

How long you think? Not to rush. Rather see it perfectly done!!! ;)

The Captin

Got my package in today......

OMG these silver blocks are so damn sexy! Expect lotsa pics real soon.....

But until then, can someone please tell me if the have ever lapped a silver cpu block? I don't want to risk any damage to my babies, but they could use alittle lovin. Please take a look at this thread. I post a few pics of the reflection and my questions about lapping the silver blocks. Any help is appretiated.....

Lapping Silver Blocks Thread

My very first WC setup :D
dscf0199small3mi.jpg

dscf0203small4ie.jpg

dscf0204sma4om.jpg

dscf0209small3rb.jpg

dscf0215small9mo.jpg

Still need to do a few more things like hiding cables better. But I plan on changing out that blue 120mm fan and put one of the white ones there, put 2 black 120mm fans on the rad, change the front blue LEDs to white ones, and then just add a few more seperate white accent LEDs to the case.

SelRahc said:
Looks really good. What does that cost to have done?

SelRahc...I paid $80 to have it powder coated. They would have done it cheaper if I had brought more than one case to be done. I'm thinking of having a couple more cases done since this one turned out pretty nice.

They can also do a glossy black also for the same price, but I wanted the inside to match the anodized black of the outside. SelRahc..I think your Stackers would look pretty nice powder coated black. especially with your silver blocks... :p

I just ordered an Evo 240 grill a couple days ago. I was just going to use a Dual 120mm Black Ice Radiator for my setup, but after hearing about how the holes don't exactly fit with the grill, I was thinking that I would just go with the Evo 240. Just wondering if anyone knows how they compare and when do you think you'll get more Evo 240's in?

james__bean said:
I just ordered an Evo 240 grill a couple days ago. I was just going to use a Dual 120mm Black Ice Radiator for my setup, but after hearing about how the holes don't exactly fit with the grill, I was thinking that I would just go with the Evo 240. Just wondering if anyone knows how they compare and when do you think you'll get more Evo 240's in?

I used the Evo 360 grill for 3x 120mm fans for my Thermochill 120.3 radiator and with very little modifying to the fan shroud I made it work. So it is possible to get them to work just fine.
How large is your tubing inside diameter? If your doing a larger flow system then you probably will have to stick with the Black Ice radiator. Not to take away from the Evo 240 radiator. I just belive that they are based differently due to smaller tubing size.

sethmo said:
My very first WC setup :D
Still need to do a few more things like hiding cables better. But I plan on changing out that blue 120mm fan and put one of the white ones there, put 2 black 120mm fans on the rad, change the front blue LEDs to white ones, and then just add a few more seperate white accent LEDs to the case.

Hey what brad is that resi? it looks JUST like the one my boy got and it ended up cracking all to hell and flooding his A7N8X..its a not so good resi...go look at a aqua tube :)

EDIT::: Yes im sorry for the wait on the resi's..i just called my ex gf who now lives at my old addy and she is going to mail them to me..its only like 2 hours at the most from my old house so they will be here soon :) then a 1 day turn around and back to cali they go! WITH some first run AquaZilla's :)

Nope yours is ok! There is one that looks like that and its a POS! he had it for a month or 2 and it cracked all to hell!

Here is some first round demo pics of my project Hood Rich 1
Lots of cleanup left to do,just a idea of what its gona look like,ill have the lambo doors on it soon with the SNT logo acid etched into the alum all over and gold plated frame :)
shuttle1.jpg
card.jpg

In the end she will be water cooled so dont let the ugly HSF ruin the pic.

BitchBreaker said:
Hey what brad is that resi? it looks JUST like the one my boy got and it ended up cracking all to hell and flooding his A7N8X..its a not so good resi...go look at a aqua tube :)

EDIT::: Yes im sorry for the wait on the resi's..i just called my ex gf who now lives at my old addy and she is going to mail them to me..its only like 2 hours at the most from my old house so they will be here soon :) then a 1 day turn around and back to cali they go! WITH some first run AquaZilla's :)

No Prob man!!! Just a little excited to get my machine up and going. It to is also my first shot at doing a H20 system. I assume you did get my vote for wanting an AquaZilla, To get one do I just need to order from Dan? or you? I will post some pics of my machine here soon to see what you all think.

The Captin

First Time I have actually read through this entire thread. I first looked at aqua-computer stuff when I was going through a Shuttle MOD contest on some german site and ran into a few products in those insanely good MODs. Wish I could find that site again, lost my favorites:(

Anyways I bit the bullet and purchased the beginning of my project about 1.5 weeks ago from SNT, and can't wait to get some of the stuff. You guys have some fun setups:)

Great pics!

After living through nearly a month of a stock 6800GT fan, I FINALLY am back to noise free!!!!

DSC04941.JPG

DSC04945.JPG

DSC04940.JPG

they are taking the AquaStream (right?) and modding it with 1/2" barbs...its a pump

The AquaZilla is just a ~$15? 1/2" jet for the Aquatube, its much like the Aquajet that is already available but compatible with the 1/2" mod.

The SNT catalog is down at the moment due to database connections errors, it should be up again before the end of the day.

What combo were you interested in Holy Roman Empire?

-Dan

I can't wait to get everything in. Hopefully it will get here before christmas and I'll be able to start the Athlon at ludicrous speed, eventually kicking it up and going plaid. (Ahh spaceballs :D)

Dan, I may one day want to go to the AquaZilla if you start selling them... ;) And BitchBreaker (I'm not scared to type it ;)) can you / do you sell plugs for the holes in the aquatubes if one were to have the 1/2" mod done and wanted more holes bored than just 2, without using more than 2 at a time? Just wondering.

nweibley said:
I can't wait to get everything in. Hopefully it will get here before christmas and I'll be able to start the Athlon at ludicrous speed, eventually kicking it up and going plaid. (Ahh spaceballs :D)

Dan, I may one day want to go to the AquaZilla if you start selling them... ;) And BitchBreaker (I'm not scared to type it ;)) can you / do you sell plugs for the holes in the aquatubes if one were to have the 1/2" mod done and wanted more holes bored than just 2, without using more than 2 at a time? Just wondering.

Yeah, I supply 2 x 1/2" fittings and 2 x 1/4" threaded plugs for the 4 holes that are available with the mod done to both the rear and face of the Aquatube.

-Dan

Ight to take stress off of Dan ill be on AIM for a while to answer any questions you might have my aim sn is CPT1337 hit me up!

All orders go through Dan..the only thing i will price and sell my self is 1 off custom work that has no link to SNT or Dan..we are not in biz with each other and i will not cut any corners for some one wanting a item that Dan buys from me,In short..the items Dan sells that i mod or make do not belong to me..Dan created the idea's and i make them,this meens if i have a aquazilla here its not mine to sell..its Dan's "." But any other items you might want moded can be done through me.

-Dan

Will you be getting any Coolplex 10s in soon? I am looking for that res if possible:)

Has ANYONE lapped a silver block before? Will the copper block lapping guides work?

Just to add to my post above..i made that edit due to a im that i got asking me to sell the moded items to the person and cut Dan out of the middle..I dont work that way so dont ask (you know who you are) As for silver lapping its just about the same as copper lapping but i would do the finish gritt a little higher. 2000 grit is what id use I have all lapping paper in stock here at the shop ill make some kits up soon and have them ready for sale.

[S]nt|Mods said:
The AquaZilla is just a ~$15? 1/2" jet for the Aquatube, its much like the Aquajet that is already available but compatible with the 1/2" mod.

The SNT catalog is down at the moment due to database connections errors, it should be up again before the end of the day.

What combo were you interested in Holy Roman Empire?

-Dan

So Dan will you be having Aquazilla on sale about the same time you get our moded Aquatubes back from BitchBreaker as that he has said that he very possibly will be sending some of his 1st production run of the Aquazilla back with the current shipment of moded tubes? If so Where can I sign up to preorder one so possibly to add it to my exiting order if I can? Another question would be will both side holes and back holes be moded to 1/2 or just 3 holes? Probably have asked before about this but which hole will the Led mod screw into after the 1/2 mod is done and in which position does Aquazilla go as well? Thanks

Captin Insano

Captin Insano said:
So Dan will you be having Aquazilla on sale about the same time you get our moded Aquatubes back from BitchBreaker as that he has said that he very possibly will be sending some of his 1st production run of the Aquazilla back with the current shipment of moded tubes? If so Where can I sign up to preorder one so possibly to add it to my exiting order if I can? Another question would be will both side holes and back holes be moded to 1/2 or just 3 holes? Probably have asked before about this but which hole will the Led mod screw into after the 1/2 mod is done and in which position does Aquazilla go as well? Thanks

Captin Insano

Ok this is a problem im having with my mod..ill say this again when u order my mod please tell Dan AND send me a e mail telling me what holes you want moded...NOW the new aquazilla will make me mod the center hole on the bottom of the tube..so in effect im not sure as of yet if i can do this with out breaking the alum...the 1/2" mod cuts it thin so ill have to test this and then ill have a sheet made up to show u where and what holes can be cut for use with the led..id have to say that it will proly have to go on the side..the led that is..and reserve the back holes for my 1/2" mod.

BitchBreaker said:
Ok this is a problem im having with my mod..ill say this again when u order my mod please tell Dan AND send me a e mail telling me what holes you want moded...NOW the new aquazilla will make me mod the center hole on the bottom of the tube..so in effect im not sure as of yet if i can do this with out breaking the alum...the 1/2" mod cuts it thin so ill have to test this and then ill have a sheet made up to show u where and what holes can be cut for use with the led..id have to say that it will proly have to go on the side..the led that is..and reserve the back holes for my 1/2" mod.

Ok. When I placed my order with Dan I needed 2 holes on the bottom moded for 1/2 inch for my inlet and outlet to componets and at least 1 hole on the side moded for 1/2 inch so I can use my Danger Den Fill port which is 1/2 inch as well and then one hole for the UV led mod would be needed.(And the side hole for the LED is fine by me.) This is what I requested for my order. I would like to be able to do the Aquazilla mod, Can it be done? If Not I guess I will have to live without Aquazilla, even though I would rather have it and would be a bit sad without it. But I would Understand.
:(

But would be happy with whatever you could do!! :D

The Captin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back