Steam Summer Sale 2011

Will buy Prototype if it gets down to 5 bucks in the next year or so. Otherwise next one will be out and might end up waiting for it to get cheap.

Sims 3 looks like a pretty smoking deal. I've never seen it below $30.

It was on EA's store for $19.99 not too long ago, but yeah. Actually, if you're really into the Sims series, the full pack for $79.99 is a really good deal considering the individual prices (most of the big expansions go for $40 apiece normally, though that seems overpriced in the first place).

does the steam version of gta4 supports mods? i mean the best out there?

Someone above said yes, but I would say the more accurate answer is "sort of." Since you cannot use anything but the most recent version of the official patch, lots of the time these mods get horribly broken and unusable, and require older exe's.

Fail, Kings Bounty is awesome man! It's not to be missed if you liked any of the old HOMM(Heroes of might and magic)!

I never had a chance to play the old HoMM games, but I bought the HoMM V pack, but haven't played much of it, I bought it the other day during the Steam sales.

So far I think I bought during these Steam Sales

Puzzle Quest 2
Defense Grid
Magicka
Tropico 3 + Expansion
HoMM V Pack

and will buy Killing Floor and King's Bounty platinum when I return home tonight. I'm kind of interested in puzzle and good indie games, I could have picked up Singularity but decided against it, I will buy that this winter during the Christmas Steam sales.

Oh nice, I can finally complete my King's Bounty collection with Crossworlds!

Nothing for me today. Already have everything I want that's on sale.

King's Bounty is awesome and well worth the money, but when I went from a 9800GTX+ to a 6950 I get lots of screen flicker and the game's just about unplayable. Seems like a common issue with ATI cards that was supposed to be (finally) fixed in the latest driver update. Haven't tried it in a couple weeks though.

I see screen flicker for about five seconds when I alt-tab, then it goes away. In 100 hours of playtime between Armored Princess and the original, this was the case 99% of the time. On one occasion, I did start to see some flickering / artificating that would not go away. I ended up downclocking my card about 10% and it worked fine. Not sure if my card was overheating or what.

Same here! I got the other King's Bounty when it was on sale. I was waiting for Crossworlds to go sale. Glad I waited.

yup! I think I purchased each of the first two on sale for $4.99 in two separate sales more than a year ago. Though it's even cheaper now, I have no regrets as I have put an insane number of hours into the first two. Just checked Steam now and it says 57 hours for The Legend and 122.5 hours for Armored Princess ( :eek: ). That was only two playthroughs for armored princess so I must have left the game on pause overnight once or twice. :D

Hey, when was this on sale? I've been looking for it, but I didn't see it come up ...

It wasn't on sale, I just bought it last night on a whim, it was $10

I also bought PQ1 for my iPad for $5, the 2nd game is also $5 for iPad.

Same here! I got the other King's Bounty when it was on sale. I was waiting for Crossworlds to go sale. Glad I waited.

Same here! Dammit, steam...Cant beat Kings bounty for these prices though, there so freaking good. Old school TBS with a fantasy theme.

I never had a chance to play the old HoMM games, but I bought the HoMM V pack, but haven't played much of it, I bought it the other day during the Steam sales.

So far I think I bought during these Steam Sales

Puzzle Quest 2
Defense Grid
Magicka
Tropico 3 + Expansion
HoMM V Pack

and will buy Killing Floor and King's Bounty platinum when I return home tonight. I'm kind of interested in puzzle and good indie games, I could have picked up Singularity but decided against it, I will buy that this winter during the Christmas Steam sales.

Fail: HOMM V sucks ass. Go to GOG and get Homm3 Complete there I think its 10 bucks, you will thank me later.

edit: http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/heroes_of_might_and_magic_3_complete_edition

mm kinda on the fence about kings bounty looks good but idk how did the peop that bought it like the games?....

Goddamn it, I'll have to do that, any of those old HoMM games ported to iPad? I'd think a game like that would do well with a touchscreen interface.

Same here! Dammit, steam...Cant beat Kings bounty for these prices though, there so freaking good. Old school TBS with a fantasy theme.

My sentiments exactly! What a great game, so happy I decided to pick up the platinum edition for $7. If anyone is one the fence right now, jump! you will not be disappointed. :)

Just got my nephew STALKER double pack, and Clear Sky for almost $19 yesterday, good timing on his part because that has drastically changed now.

Is Batman:AA worth it for someone who likes Batman and a good story, but isn't too keen on fighting games? Or will it just frustrate me?

Will buy Prototype if it gets down to 5 bucks in the next year or so. Otherwise next one will be out and might end up waiting for it to get cheap.

Seems steep for a game of its age. I think I grabbed it over 18 months ago for $20 on sale. Not much of a price drop for a game that is old news, unless they plan on dropping it further as a buzz generator for P2.

I'm installing King's Bounty: Crossworlds and it seems to be a 10GB install. I didn't understand why the game was that big, but once it started downloading, it seems that Crossworlds requires Armored Princess to load. Steam automatically started downloading both games concurrently for me (and shows the same KB/s speed). Can anyone else confirm that Crossworlds is not a standalone?

Goddamn it, I'll have to do that, any of those old HoMM games ported to iPad? I'd think a game like that would do well with a touchscreen interface.

Unlikely, Homm3 designed with Windows 95/98 in mind, works well on XP/Win7 though, no issues, especially with the GOG version. It's awesome as hell. One of the top 5 TBS of all time, surely.

Fail: HOMM V sucks ass. Go to GOG and get Homm3 Complete there I think its 10 bucks, you will thank me later.

edit: http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/heroes_of_might_and_magic_3_complete_edition

I can concur that HOMM3 is pure gold. It will always hold a special place in my heart. I was 15 when it came out. I drove 15 miles illegally (i was 15 and only had a learners permit) in a $500 truck to the mall to pick it up. It was 1999 and it was a good time to be a gamer.

Is Batman:AA worth it for someone who likes Batman and a good story, but isn't too keen on fighting games? Or will it just frustrate me?
The fighting is pretty basic. Batman AA is the best Batman (or any superhero) for that matter game to ever come out. Its story is superb and the game is just fantastically well done. For $7.50 you will get your money's worth.

Thank you :eek:

I got confused by description on steam:

Solo game mode for offline play & Single-player on the steam page...

What about SP on L4D and L4D2? From my understanding both are better MP than SP games... more fun..

Thanks guys ;)

L4D 1/2 don't have single player to speak of, its the multiplayer game with bots playing instead of humans...

It's really more of an action adventure game where your primary weapon is your fist. I wouldn't call it a fighting game.

Solo game mode for offline play & Single-player on the steam page...
There is an SP mode, but it's just you against the hordes; there's no actual "story mode" or anything.

I grabbed another copy of Killing Floor for a friend of mine, since I wanted him to try it out. No self-purchasing today.

hey does anybody have an open spot for a 4 pack for terraria?

Just picked up Killing Floor. It plays similar to COD Nazi Zombies, but Nazi Zombies is way better. L4D 1 & 2 are the same price as Killing Floor and superior titles as well. I don't exactly see any reason to purchase Killing Floor if you own L4D and Nazi Zombies.

Well as an aside, I've owned L4D2 for awhile now tried to do the achieve today, but when it gets to the end everyone runs ahead and lets you die if you don't see when they silently break for it. So.....30 minutes or so a run and die at the end is pretty f-in irritating.

And the guys who join and bail a few minutes in. I see why Valve does not support L4D series as much as TF2, I don't see how they kind of gameplay makes for a good community experience.

Ended up picking up Atom Zombie Smasher after grabbing the demo to do the "play a demo" and "post a screenshot" tickets. Pretty fun game on the demo; I'm sure I'll get at least the $2.99 worth. Gotta love the music for sure. ;)

Well as an aside, I've owned L4D2 for awhile now tried to do the achieve today, but when it gets to the end everyone runs ahead and lets you die if you don't see when they silently break for it. So.....30 minutes or so a run and die at the end is pretty f-in irritating.

And the guys who join and bail a few minutes in. I see why Valve does not support L4D series as much as TF2, I don't see how they kind of gameplay makes for a good community experience.

I did it with the computer. Failed the last leg twice before I succeeded.

Gothic 3 had terrible gameplay from what I remember reading about but what about the "enhanced edition"? It was a huge patch that apparently addressed the gameplay as well as hundreds of bugs.

Has anyone tried it?

Gothic 3 had terrible gameplay from what I remember reading about but what about the "enhanced edition"? It was a huge patch that apparently addressed the gameplay as well as hundreds of bugs.

Has anyone tried it?

I haven't played the updated version but the vanilla copy wasn't very good.

I haven't played the updated version but the vanilla copy wasn't very good.

The updated version of Gothic 3 is pretty much a different game. If you were a fan of the series, or like the genre, you should check it out.

Back