Steam Summer Sale 2011

For those that enjoy/enjoyed dues ex you might want to give alpha protocol a run. I bought it on the 5 buck sale and so far it's been really fun. Very much like dues ex in several ways.

I picked up Monkey Island a few steam sales ago. It's pretty fun when you're looking for a low key point click. Dues Ex was way fun and if I could find the CD I'd play it again...

Any reason why I should pick up COD Modern Warfare? There are people still playing multi?

Anyone have experience with AI War?

I'm told it's a great game, but the learning curve is steep, and multiplayer is difficult due to the fact that each game requires 8-12 hours... so there is no matchmaking system, but just the developer's forum for scheduling matches...

Sounds a bit too hardcore...

Monday Night Combat - After having viewed gameplay videos, I think I'll bite. It looks like they integrated a bit of tower defense into the game.

Let's just say that every time Deus Ex is mentioned, about 10 people reinstall it to play it again, even after all these years.

Reinstall? Hell I never uninstall! And I'm playing it right now! :D

I'm a sucker and picked up COD4:MW1... I'm planning to play SP again on my revamp rig with bigger display... :D

Also I picked up Beat Hazard complete, it is a total mayhem on the screen. It is a fun break from other games. It reminds me a little bit of old asteroid on steroids... LOL ;)

I hope Batman:AA will go on sale...

Monday Night Combat - After having viewed gameplay videos, I think I'll bite. It looks like they integrated a bit of tower defense into the game.

It's actually an important part of the gameplay -- if you do not build turrets, the enemy bots will breach your base and take down your money ball.

Every now and then I get a little frustrated with players on the same team as me who will completely neglect the turrets.

already have a copy of mw1, but oooohh a steam version...must not click button.
I'm in the same boat as you. If it was $5 I would gladly replace my retail version, but $10 for a game this old that if I play again wouldn't be for a while just seems too high.

already have a copy of mw1, but oooohh a steam version...must not click button.

You know DVD discs go bad after a while :D... it is only $9.99... and it will probably never go lower than this... LOL ;)

Not only do the discs go bad, but they become extremely hard to find after a few years.

I'd bet good money that Steam will be around for at least another 20 years. Hopefully it'll still exist in 40 years when I'm retired and have time to work on the backlog of Steam games. :D

Yep, you'd better buy that copy of MW on Steam now. :p

At last minute I bit on Stalker Chernobyl and Pripyat combo for $8.74 Pripyat is $3.74 if you have one of the first two, and never actually played it.

I think GTA4 + expansions is on sale for $10 today. not a bad deal

might be cool to get and check out that icemod

Is it just me, or does the summer sale seem to have ended early? I can't get anything to show up on it in Steam or in my browser. I even used a cached page to try and get to the prize page and it redirected me back to the front page of the store with no info about the sale. :(

yeap looks like the sale is over

Im happy with myself right now. able to control myself to only 2 purchases (fable 3 and drakensang). though it helps when i have a metric shit ton of games on steam lol

Sale is not over, goof balls. It runs until this weekend. Surely they didn't lie to us? :)

meh. prototype should be like $7 at this point, gothic 4 isnt bad at $12, lost planet 2 isnt worth 19

finally gonna bite on the batman game after a year of seeing it at 7.50 lol

edit: how can LP2 still be worth $20..damn

Lost Planet 2 is NOT worth $20. I got it free (for a review) and felt like they should have been paying me to play it. If you really must play it then I would wait for $5 but seriously, it's "meh" to aggravating at best. It's the "console port" that a PC gamer hates.

Prototype was a pretty good game, sandbox with some unique character features.... not $15 though. I think I paid 9.99 around thanksgiving for it if I remember right... might have been $15 then, don't think so though. I'd do it again for 5-10, probably not for 15 though.

I really want to try LP2, not for $20 though :/

How was Farcry 2?

Back