Steam Sale...Jeebus!!!

GTA4 is 7.49€ again for those who missed this deal before.
Stalker is 2€
Defense Grid is 2.25€

Final Damage:

Bioshock
Dead Space
Killing Floor
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Eidos Complete Pack (WTF? Flora's Fruit Farm?)

I'll be sitting on games for a while.

Meh, grabbed GTA4. Why not, at such a cheap price. Could be worth a few hours of messing around in Liberty City

[UPS] Sorce;1035136850 said:
Eidos Complete Pack (WTF? Flora's Fruit Farm?)

Yeah, I know, no MP. :( I was hoping to ask some of you guys to a game...

Jesus... what can possibly please you people!

You reluctantly buy GTA 4 for $7, saying that you might get a few hours out of it - my god, Liberty City is the most lifelike representation of a real city we've ever seen, and the game itself is insanely fun.

Fallout 3 is meh to you. Bioshock is very meh to you. I mean, WTF is it that you guys like?

Ah, Torchlight. I forgot. (How do you insert one of those little emoticons in which the guy is rolling his eyeballs?)

You reluctantly buy GTA 4 for $7, saying that you might get a few hours out of it - my god, Liberty City is the most lifelike representation of a real city we've ever seen, and the game itself is insanely fun.

I'm not at all interested in GTA 4, tried it a few times and found it to be nothing but a disappointment compared to Saints Row 2. Maybe an exceptionally life-like city simulation makes for an excellent visual aid in timing traffic lights, but it doesn't necessarily make for an exceptionally fun game.

So based on what I've read in this thread, most of you guys must be thinking that this is a pretty slow start to the year, what with Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, and Assassin's Creed 2 all being released literally within weeks of one another?

Nah, those aren't triple-A titles at all.

So when will Torchlight 2 be released? I want to mark that one on my calender.

So based on what I've read in this thread, most of you guys must be thinking that this is a pretty slow start to the year, what with Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2, and Assassin's Creed 2 all being released literally within weeks of one another?

Don't care for torchlight.

But BioShock 2, Assassin's Creed 2, and Mass Effect 2 are definitely big games for me.

Also, you can't please PC gamers.

Ever.

Don't bash on torchlight man, that game is pretty good. But, bioshock, gtaiv, etc are steals!! Just like crysis bundle. Steam has made me VERY happy during this sale. I also picked up stalker soc and clear sky
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Keep in mind guys, this is supposed to be the last day of the sale and there are many other games at decent discount that you won't see on the front page. Go look through all the categories.

Keep in mind guys, this is supposed to be the last day of the sale and there are many other games at decent discount that you won't see on the front page. Go look through all the categories.

That's what I'm gonna do when I get home :p
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Final Damage:

Painkiller Black Edition
Torchlight
Kings Bounty: Armored Princess
Battlefield 2
Red Faction: Guerilla
Universe at War: Earth Assault
Stalker: Clear Sky
Max Payne 1 and 2
Civilization IV Complete Pack
Shattered Horizon
Defense Grid The Awakening
World of Goo
World In Conflict + Expansion
Clive Barker's Jericho
Zombie Shooter 2
Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific
Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific U-Boat Missions
Silent Hunter III
Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII
Blazing Angels2: Secret Missions of WWII
IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946
Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Hitman: Blood Money
Hitman: Codename 47
Battlestations: Midway
Battlestations: Pacific
Just Cause
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Tomb Raider: Legend
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Project: Snowblind
Rogue Trooper
Infernal
Kane and Lynch: Dead Men
Conflict Denied Ops
Shellshock 2
Mini Ninjas
Batman: Arkham Asylum

Spent around $115 Total.

I've decided this will be how I buy games from now on. Wait until thanksgiving and christmas sales from Steam. I saved a ton of money not buying these either new or when they aren't on sale. Only games that I will be buying new this coming year are Battlefield Bad Company 2 and maybe Aliens vs. Predator.

Doesn't matter to me what they release..........except for a couple/few years from now when I buy them on the cheap during a sale.:D

I will buy Torchlight 2 when/if it comes out BTW.

Final purchases

Jedi Knight Bundle - $9.99
Audiosurf - $2.50
Torchlight - $4.99
Max Payne Bundle - $3.74
Trials 2 - $2.49 (Gifted to a friend)
Deus Ex - $6.69
Deus Ex 2 - $6.69
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum - $10.19
Total - $47.28

I was contemplating the Eidos pack, but there were only 4 games I wanted to seriously play out of the whole thing and I couldn't justify the $50 price tag.

Picked up Stalker for two dollars and Morrowind GOTY for five bucks! STEAL!!!

Final purchases

Jedi Knight Bundle - $9.99
Audiosurf - $2.50
Torchlight - $4.99
Max Payne Bundle - $3.74
Trials 2 - $2.49 (Gifted to a friend)
Deus Ex - $6.69
Deus Ex 2 - $6.69
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum - $10.19
Total - $47.28

I was contemplating the Eidos pack, but there were only 4 games I wanted to seriously play out of the whole thing and I couldn't justify the $50 price tag.

I can only assume then that you a) already bought Batman or b) don't care to, since you bought 2 games from the pack anyway ;]

FUEL
Penumbra Collectors Pack
NBA 2K10
Ninja Blade
Trials 2: Second Edition
Shattered Horizon
King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame
Silent Hill: Homecoming
Jade Empire
Day of Defeat: Source
Dark Sector
Prototype
Battlefield 2
King's Bounty: Armored Princess
Red Faction Guerrilla

I can only assume then that you a) already bought Batman or b) don't care to, since you bought 2 games from the pack anyway ;]

Right you are, my brother bought Arkham Asylum for 360 so I played it on that. The games I wanted out of the Eidos pack were the Deus Ex series, Rogue Trooper (I forgot why, but I remember having alot of fun when I first played it), and Thief.

FUEL
Penumbra Collectors Pack
NBA 2K10
Ninja Blade
Trials 2: Second Edition
Shattered Horizon
King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame
Silent Hill: Homecoming
Jade Empire
Day of Defeat: Source
Dark Sector
Prototype
Battlefield 2
King's Bounty: Armored Princess
Red Faction Guerrilla

Fuel, King Arthur The Roleplaying Game, and Red Faction Guerilla are the sleeper hits in there.

Jade Empire, being an older game, is also a damned good game.

I got everything out of the sale I "needed". I grabbed Bioshock and Dead Space; everything else was just icing on the cake.

I grabbed it because I wanted Arkham Asylum (which is $50 on it's own), so getting all the other games with it was a bonus.

If I hadn't already played Arkam Asylum on 360 I would've jumped on the Eidos pack in a heartbeat. The Eidos pack was probably the best deal out of the whole sale if you've never played Arkham.

If I hadn't already played Arkam Asylum on 360 I would've jumped on the Eidos pack in a heartbeat. The Eidos pack was probably the best deal out of the whole sale if you've never played Arkham.

Yup. In total, I spent ~$80 for over 20 games... Arkham Asylum was definitely worth it. I was afraid of expecting too much since it got blazing reviews, but it didn't let me down.

The Codemasters pack is also a pretty sweet deal due to Dirt 2... but I already own a large number of the games in the pack including Dirt 2.

My brother 'jumped on the sweet Gamestop deal' that was buy 2 console games get 1 free... he spent $100 on 3 games.

Hmm.

Really was a tough call on Arkam I'm poor though and can't convince myself to spend $30 on a game no matter what it is.

I got ME, Civ 4 pack and RTW gold.

Good stuff, totaling about 20$.

Cheers to Steam for fighting piracy in a way gamers can appreciate. I won't lie. I had a stack of disc's taller than the sears tower before steam started having deals. Now I'm tipping 136 games on steam alone. All my discs have gone out the window. If I want a game and can't afford it I just wait for a deal on steam.

Penumbra Collectors Pack

I was going to get that but I came across Helloween4545's Let's Play on youtube when looking for a review. Like a dumbass I watched them and kind of spoiled the game for myself. I ended up watching his Dead Space Let's Play as well (I'm not getting that one, got Cryostasis instead). Penumbra is very cool though.

any sleeper deals before this sales end?

people should really gets madballs in babo... 5$ and its amazing

Novalogic war machines pack :) - missed good old days behind the wheel of Comanche :) along with conquering galaxy in Tachyon (one of my best space sims ever).... along with Kotor 1 (pity they don't have 2nd part)

Now, if LucasArts would now give Tie Fighter to Steam....

Novalogic, Great company, Great games...They don't know what updating their games means but damn were they fun (delta force series)

I got the Eidos, Crysis and Unreal packs

Just also found out a Kings Quest and Space quest packs.,.. man, old memories are coming back. Where is the Police Quest series tho :p that was something nice

For me it was Bioshock and the Civ 4 pack.

I sat on my wallet for the most part but bit on the stuff I wanted. Great sale though, I really had to convince myself not to pull the trigger on everything.

Back