[Steam] EA Week 5/2-5/9

HP is a solid 5 dollar game. Sad to see such low quality from Criterion (Burnout series) but what more can you say about EA being synonymous with cancer that has not already been said.

Just a FYI some EA games on steam can be activated on EA's own download manager. I gave my keys to a friend for ME2 and they activated, but it didn't work for Crysis.

If they open up a BF2:BC deal I'll jump on it just to get it in steam.

I'm contemplating the same thing. I purchased a retail copy then got the expansion for it. Not sure if I can fathom turning around and spending money on something I already own just to have it on steam.

It would have to be a damn good price for both for me to do it. It would be nice if steam did a trade in program.

Ended up in for the two cheapest ones.

I would be in for Vietnam for $5. I don't have that yet. Same with Medal of Honor at $15 or better.

After that the biggest challenge is finding time to play them. =P

I bought need for speed hot pursuit, wanted to play it since it came out. Cant wait to play it in my nvidia surround portrait mode.

Saying this as a huge NFS fan: Undercover was crap. Shift should play fine. HP should as well, but I'm not 100% sure.

Good choice on HP. Its not at enough of a discount right now since it hasn't been out all that long. Hold off for the end of the year sales or the new years sales.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll hold off on not wasting my bandwidth on buying Undercover. Looks like HP has great reviews. I plan on buying/building a new computer in the summer or fall, so I'll hold off on Hot Pursuit until then. By then, perhaps it'll be in the $5-10 range.

I have a feeling today is going to be a C&C deal day.

You know it's coming.

I bought Undercover. Yes, it's a terrible game, but racing games are hard to come by, and I wanted one to showcase my new 1080p screen.

I have a feeling today is going to be a C&C deal day.

You know it's coming.
You also know Dead space sale day is coming as well with all the sims 3 crap that's out I'm sure they will do a day of that trash also. Oh yea and Spore also.

I'm voting for a ME day and MOH day, Oh and like 80% off BFBC2 and BF2 complete pack. I would be up for those. Nothing else really interests me since I either have it or don't want it.

Just a heads up but I think that all download versions of sims 3 and the expansions have securerom in them, unlike the retail versions.

Keep on the lookout for The Sims 3 combo deal with all expansions and DLC for only $179.99 -- an $870 value!

Hoping for Mass effect 1, I have the second on EA download manager but don't want to play it until I beat the first.

I'm hoping for BF:BC2 and Vietnam to be on sale. /cross fingers

If Dead Space 2 goes on sale, it is worth $15-20 IMO.

40% off of Sims 3 - not good enough for me to buy it. Only 50% off of the expansions with no bundle offer?

$5 for Sim City 4 but who doesn't own that already if they actually wanted it?

5 for Simcity 4 is a great deal, Simcity 4 is the best game in the series and I like all of them (the major ones anyway like the original, 2000, 3000, and 4, but not the retarded side crap like Streets of Sim City... :eek:)

5 for Simcity 4 is a great deal, Simcity 4 is the best game in the series and I like all of them (the major ones anyway like the original, 2000, 3000, and 4, but not the retarded side crap like Streets of Sim City... :eek:)
a great deal? it should be like a buck or even two at most
why would anyone pay $5 for a 10 year old game?

I would buy simcopter if they remade it for 7 64 bit. That's about it. Maybe simtower too/

Might gift the sims 3 for the wife. She use to play the crap out of 2 on her old PC.

I have no interest in todays deals for myself.... already have Sim City 4 from the past time it went on sale.

a great deal? it should be like a buck or even two at most
why would anyone pay $5 for a 10 year old game?

It's 8 years old, and it's worth more than 5 dollars. Age has nothing to do with quality. As I recall the Diablo 2 box set is still 30 bucks at Amazon. For a game 11 years old.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
It's 8 years old, and it's worth more than 5 dollars. Age has nothing to do with quality. As I recall the Diablo 2 box set is still 30 bucks at Amazon. For a game 11 years old.

I agree with you on this.

Diablo 1 and Warcraft are what got me into PC gaming back in the early 90's. I remember my friend getting Diablo for his PC running a 60mhz pentium. Hell about a year ago I reinstalled Diablo 2 for some mega mouse clicking action.

Good times.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Sims 3 / expansion pack(s) deal seems kind of outrageous to me, but I guess it's one of the top-selling games of all time so they can get those kind of prices for it.

Don't really care about Sim City 4 too much but $5 is a good deal.

Each one of those Sims titles has already been on sale for cheaper on EA Store. I doubt that there will be one game on this steam sale that hasn't already been on sale for cheaper on The EA Store recently. It's too bad that some of you guys only use Steam.

I woke up all excited to see which game was gonna be on sale today, only to get let down by what i saw, SIMS can go to hell! Only people with no life play a game of life, inside of real life, get it? well i dont either.

Just in case Sims 3 does go on sale on D2D (they seem to be matching Steam more often), you can buy it there (the PC version) and you can install it on Mac AND PC. The installer for Mac is just slightly hidden...

you should do what the rest of us do - buy the games now, download and install, don't get around to playing them until at least two additional sales have come and gone advertising even lower prices than what you originally paid. it's the [H] way.

Wait, you do that too?! :eek:

LOL

suit yourself

Old classics are classics for a reason. Personally I still have the game discs (and manuals) for MOO and MOO2. I was happy to buy them from Impulse a while back just so I could not have to drag the CDs out every time I wanted to install and dredge up how to setup dosbox for them, etc.

Newer doesn't mean better gameplay, it merely means better graphics. And for games like Sim City or MOO, graphics mean little so what does a little age matter?

sim city for 5 bucks great deal been waiting for a sale of it on steam for a while

And besides that, Simcity 4 has fabulous graphics for its genre. Holds up well even today, and is widescreen capable (with a command line addition). I made an entire city region with fabulously clever geek names... for example the main artery of trade is Parallel Port. The place where everyone sends their trash? Core Dump. There's a river passing through and a town that straddles the main crossing is called North Bridge.

Back