[Steam] EA Week 5/2-5/9

I tried to do that back when BC2 first came out, and their stupid online crap didn't recognize half of the legit CD-keys I used for BFV, BF2, etc.

yep the VIP website was wonky back when BC2 launched. no idea if it's any better now, i haven't bothered to go back and try again.

It's not any better now. I ended up contacting their support, telling them what my issue was and what I was trying to do, and they fixed it for me. *shrugs*

I'll buy BFBC2 for sure....

Is Vietnam worth it?

Most of my life I played SP games only LOL, but I really want to give multiplier a try...

Also is MOH deal worth it for SP and MP games?

Thanks guys... ;)

Now if i buy BFBC2 for PC on steam, will the sign in be different? Or will it connect to my already used BFBC2 Xbox Live account? Meaning all my guns that iv unlocked will be unlocked on the Steam version. If so im gonna buy it.

Btw in your opinion(s), is the Vietnam pack REALLY worth it? Does it really add 7$ of more fun? Or its just a different skinned BFBC2?

Now if i buy BFBC2 for PC on steam, will the sign in be different? Or will it connect to my already used BFBC2 Xbox Live account? Meaning all my guns that iv unlocked will be unlocked on the Steam version. If so im gonna buy it.

Btw in your opinion(s), is the Vietnam pack REALLY worth it? Does it really add 7$ of more fun? Or its just a different skinned BFBC2?

It connects to your EA account.

I hear a lot of folks say Vietnam is worth it considering the amount of content you get compared to, say, the Black Ops expansion pack that was the same price but just added 5 maps. This is more of a legit expansion.

Lol but Vietnam only adds 4 maps. :p but i get what you mean, cause it also adds 14 guns and more vehicles and new things to the maps (forests, foxholes etc) :)

Finally picked up MoH, should be worth it to just play the single player (originally cancelled my preorder because of how bad the multiplayer beta was). Make a marathon of it after finals, play BFBC2 and MoH through since I haven't beaten those single players yet.

Finally picked up MoH, should be worth it to just play the single player (originally cancelled my preorder because of how bad the multiplayer beta was). Make a marathon of it after finals, play BFBC2 and MoH through since I haven't beaten those single players yet.

IMO, Medal of Honor (2010) Single player is amazing. Very realistic and very very fun. The multiplayer is fun as well ( i played the beta, things changed), however you dont have as MUCH fun as BFBC2 MP, or COD MW2 MP (when with friends). And IMO BFBC2 SP is lame and i still havent finished it.

I got a chance to play some MoH mp from a friends account I was getting shot around corners, bad hit detection. Everything was focused round chock points into a meat grinder, it felt like I was just playing the tight corners in Karkand by the hotel flag.

Lol but Vietnam only adds 4 maps. :p but i get what you mean, cause it also adds 14 guns and more vehicles and new things to the maps (forests, foxholes etc) :)

Plus it's half price right now :)

Also I did read one report that the hit detection in Vietnam is better/improved over regular BC2. Not sure if that's true or not, but it piqued my interest.

Vietnam is pretty much equivalent to a total conversion for those of us in the old Quake days. Same style of gameplay, but the models, sounds, music, maps, weapons, vehicles, and textures are new.

That being said, I prefer vanilla BC2, mostly because I play an engineer and need the gadgets to do my job properly. It sucks only having dumb-fire weapons when trying to take on tanks and helicopters.

And I think I'd recommend Airborne for $2.50 over last year's Medal of Honor for $15.

Vietnam is pretty much equivalent to a total conversion for those of us in the old Quake days. Same style of gameplay, but the models, sounds, music, maps, weapons, vehicles, and textures are new.

That being said, I prefer vanilla BC2, mostly because I play an engineer and need the gadgets to do my job properly. It sucks only having dumb-fire weapons when trying to take on tanks and helicopters.

And I think I'd recommend Airborne for $2.50 over last year's Medal of Honor for $15.

Agreed, Airborne is way better than MOH. Just another shooter-on-rails consolized ported piece of crap...

I'll buy BFBC2 for sure....

Is Vietnam worth it?

Most of my life I played SP games only LOL, but I really want to give multiplier a try...

Also is MOH deal worth it for SP and MP games?

Thanks guys... ;)

I think MoH is very worth it (although I think it was like 7.99 a while ago at Impulse). Anyway, I have the most fun with MoH Multiplayer out of all my games, more fun than BFBC2 and I played that a lot. Maybe it is because I was a huge counter strike guy, and the small level fast paced combat just appeals to me, kind of like CoD but without the price tag, and better IMO.

personally I don't really like CoD 's game mechanics for various reasons, nor BC2's "peek-a-boo" kill gameplay , but to each his own. Glad there are some games people love to play, they just aren't for me.

It connects to your EA account.
It connects to your EA account, but the unlocks are unique between consoles/pc versions. At least that's how it is for me, I log in with my EA account info, but my ps3 account unlocks and progression is different from my PC progression.

I was hoping for them to have a last-chance sale on some of the top sellers people may have missed (like me missing DA:O)

Alright, I'm slightly confused here since there are so many iterations of BC and MoH. And I just need a couple answers..
I'm thinking of getting BC2 and MoH Airborne. I ONLY want these for single player, are the campaigns any good? What is the "Battlefield 2 complete Collection" - from what I saw/read it looks like an online game - again, only interested in good single player campaigns.

Other suggestions besides BC2 and MoH Airborne for single player? Thanks.

For everyone asking about the Vietnam BC2 Expansion: Its all right and probably worth $7. The guns allowed are greatly limited and it has only a couple of maps. Its not nearly as fun as BC2 IMO, but its good for 30-50 hours of multiplayer if you need a break from BC2.

For everyone asking about MOH: Its worth about $5. Its a COD knockoff with a pretty weak story and pretty weak characters. I have not played the multiplayer.

Just bought Medal of Honor. Heard a lot of bad things about it but it looks interesting at least and for $15 I figure if I get a couple hours out of it, itll be worth it.

Hard to say no to Airborne at that price.

Why not throw another game on the pile.

I pulled the trigger on Airborne and BFBC2 :D

I don't when I'll play them, but I cannot resist the price.... hahaha.... damn you STEAM damn you !!!! :D

I got BFBC2, Vietnam and BF2, less than $20

I liked Airborne a lot when it first came out.. I bit on BFBC2 and Vietnam even tho I already own BFBC2 on disc for $6 it's a deal not to have to install the game and then download the newest version this way it's just 1 process..

Did I seriously just beat MoH in three hours? Wow. I'm glad I waited and got it on sale.

Back