Steam 2012 Christmas sale is here! runs from Dec 20- Jan 6

Just bought Deus Ex(+DLC) and both the Witchers.

I also bought AoE3 yesterday. So overall I think $36 so far.

I really should start playing my Backlog before buying even more - but the sales are so nice...

Axe

Apparently I have only bought two cheap indie titles. I don't even think that I've spent $5.

Do not buy the Shogun 2 or Fall of Samurai Collections. You save money by buying them individually. The Master and Grand Master packs are pretty good though.

Do not buy the Shogun 2 or Fall of Samurai Collections. You save money by buying them individually. The Master and Grand Master packs are pretty good though.

Just like how the Far Cry franchise pack was $7.50 more than buying the individual games. Didn't stop it from being #13 in the top sellers...

Either someone's asleep at the wheel or Valve's doing more experimenting.

Just like how the Far Cry franchise pack was $7.50 more than buying the individual games. Didn't stop it from being #13 in the top sellers...

Either someone's asleep at the wheel or Valve's doing more experimenting.

Valve doesn't set the sale prices so I'm going to assume someone isn't double checking. It happens every year/

Is $14.99 the cheapest FC3 has been on the main websites (Steam, GMG, etc.)?

I don't know about the console port part but here, judge for yourself everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPSVLI6lEoI

To my eyes the BFG edition is much brighter. Textures are better, characters are more detailed, it certainly looks better. But I read the comments and one person wrote that the original game looks better if you tweak it. id software did the same thing that the modders do except they charge money for it.

I'm thinking about buying the original + RoE for $3.24. I never played any Doom games before.

EDIT here's another video that shows the graphics. It seems that now you can have your flashlight on while using a weapon. I feel like that changes the original mood of the game, but whatever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14ogZP5tips

They didn't do the same thing as modders, Sikkmod is in an entirely different league. The BFG Edition has the same textures by the way but they are compressed (id removed the uncompressed Ultra quality option) making them slightly worse actually.

Are you watching the same sale we are? :p

I think it depends on the games someone is watching - currently I'm so backlogged that Borderlands 2 and Xcom were bought on this sale (among others)... and to me they were good pricing ;)

Axe

Why is Torchlight so expensive? I've seen it go for less than $4 and it's $7.50 right now.

It's a really interesting game. Some elements are well done, especially if you enjoy British humor and other parts are pretty terrible. The last part of the game kind of sucks. Still for the price it's not bad. If you like the world and the style it might be worth grabbing. If you played and enjoyed Fable 2 you will probably like 3. If however you didn't like 2 and liked 1 a lot more I'd say skip it. Fable: LC is still the best game in the series.

That's us (me and my wife both).
We loved Fable and were so excited when 2 came out and we both HATED it. Such a disappointment. I don't even think I spent more than a few hours with the game, I just gave up on it. For that reason I don't have any hope or interest in any new Fable games, 3 included.

I still have the LC Xbox disc and it was on the 360 BC list but I'm thinking of getting it for PC anyway. ;)

I really should start playing my Backlog before buying even more - but the sales are so nice...

Axe

+1,000 everytime I see a game that looks good and contemplate buying I remember a handful of games in my library that are the same genre, and I haven't played them once!

Damn you Steam!

Best Buy Deal of the Day: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (PC) $19.99+Tax - 1/1/2013 (Free Shipping)
link
MW3 is Steamworks, so you can punch the serial into steam to activate it.

Best Buy Deal of the Day: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 (PC) $19.99+Tax - 1/1/2013 (Free Shipping)
link

Nice deal I got mine for 10.00 during Microsoft black friday sale, work it for 10.00 :cool:

link

Nice deal I got mine for 10.00 during Microsoft black friday sale, worth it for 20.00 :cool:

link
thanks, for $20 I bit

Yay! Borderlands 2 came back up as a flash sale!

I didn't miss it this time around, and I think this will be the last purchase for me (and the largest one in this year's sale).

Before the sale started I told myself that I wasn't going to buy anything unless it was on my wishlist and $10 or less. That didn't work out so well. :mad:

Damage so far $84.37:

Counter Strike:GO (2 copies. One for me and one for a friend)
Dark Souls
Dawnguard (Gift from a friend)
Defender's Quest
Dungeon's of Dredmor (Gifted to a friend)
Frozen Synapse
Jet Set Radio
L4D 2 (Gifted to a friend)
Magic 2012 DLC
Mark of the Ninja
Scribblenauts ($7.50 at Amazon)
Ticket to Ride

Really want Tropico 4, but not paying $20 for the base game and all DLC.

Same. I'm a series fan and I felt ripped off after 4 was simply what 3 should have been patched up to be. It wasn't a new game at all. And Modern Times expansion was insulting as hell. They did NO work on the art and models, much less the content. Fucking useless and insultingly bad expansion. Tropico since the "resurrection" has been debacle after debacle.

Before the sale started I told myself that I wasn't going to buy anything unless it was on my wishlist and $10 or less. That didn't work out so well. :mad:
I'm in the same boat brother. The sale ain't even over yet.
oimg

The HTML interactive chart is wayyyyy cooler.

Anyone think I should jump on Alan wake and give it a shot? I read the premise and it looks like a game I would enjoy.. I just haven't seen any community feedback on the game at all, especially the PC version. Think its worth the $10?

Anyone think I should jump on Alan wake and give it a shot? I read the premise and it looks like a game I would enjoy.. I just haven't seen any community feedback on the game at all, especially the PC version. Think its worth the $10?

It's a good game. It's a cross between Max Payne and Resident Evil. Instead of zombies you have ghosts, and instead of bullet time you rock a flashlight.

It's a good game. It's a cross between Max Payne and Resident Evil. Instead of zombies you have ghosts, and instead of bullet time you rock a flashlight.

Sold, I loved both those games

Edit: Well shit, I missed the deal by like 15 minutes.

This is old news for most of you but KOTOR I and II are on sale for $2.49 each. I've started playing KOTOR for the first time two weeks ago and it's great, it's just like Mass Effect.

But I'm wondering is KOTOR II a worthy sequel to the first one? Does it bring any new innovations?

.. it's just like Mass Effect.
How.
DARE.
YOU!?!?!

But seriously, KOTOR is a lot better, and I'll bite anyone that says otherwise.

But I'm wondering is KOTOR II a worthy sequel to the first one? Does it bring any new innovations?
It's largely more of the same, less polish. Make sure you go out and get all of the community patches that fixed it up top where it was supposed to be. There is an entire saga about its development that rivals the story of the game.

Yeah, for anyone that buys KOTR 2, make sure you download The Sith Lords Restoration Project (TSLRP). TSLRP completes the game with the content that was on the disc, but never released / finished. Also, there are mods to change the resolution and add HD textures.

I'm jealous of the people who can go through KOTOR 2 with TSLRP for the first time. I beat the game years ago and cant find the time to run through it again.

Back