Steam 2012 Christmas sale is here! runs from Dec 20- Jan 6

I just purchased Mark of the Ninja for $7.50... Damnit. I can't remember the last time I actually beat a game and my back catalog is overflowing.

I have about 20 hours in Skyrim, and paid full price for it a while back when it was newer. I have yet to do much of anything and I have not even fought a dragon yet.

What I mostly do now (with the exception of FarCry3 and BF3) is get games super cheap and just screw with settings and look around seeing how the game performs on my setup.

I'm not sure where or when it happened but I lost my gamer attitude and just screw around with making everything look good and run optimal. Skyrim looks awesome, but not really into progression for some reason.

I have about 20 hours in Skyrim, and paid full price for it a while back when it was newer. I have yet to do much of anything and I have not even fought a dragon yet.

What I mostly do now (with the exception of FarCry3 and BF3) is get games super cheap and just screw with settings and look around seeing how the game performs on my setup.

I'm not sure where or when it happened but I lost my gamer attitude and just screw around with making everything look good and run optimal. Skyrim looks awesome, but not really into progression for some reason.

Well, Skyrim has so many mods, and is so open-ended, it is not completely surprising. Knowing it will take 50 hours of play on the short end also affects things IMHO. However, if you really want to progress and see a story, go for Deus Ex HR, The Witcher 2, or even revisit the Mass Effects (pure genius).

If you have the Ultimate Edition, can you just use the texture pack for TA? Or do you need both? I'm confused since all the DA content is in TA and I only have HRG 2.0 installed.

Thanks for the links by the way. I remember getting the mods off the GCII website or Moddb in the past.

It depends. The campaigns stick to their original limitations to avoid issues. Thus the Dark Avatar campaign is purely DA, and does not have the TA additions. Also, if you look in the GC2 directory, you'll find sub directories for both DA and TA, each with graphics files and more, so I suspect you do need to specifically upgrade each.

5 bucks for all DXHR DLC. I can do that.

Wow! DXHR for $5. I don't have time for any more games, but that is cheap as hell. Not sure if I'll spend the other $5 on the DLC though, since I won't be playing the game any time soon.

yeah DXHR is so worth $5, i got it for $15 last xmas and played every minute of the game and DLC and was a lot of fun

Age doesn't matter. They won't lower the regular price until sales numbers drop to a certain level.

I am sure it is worth $30 but all I was saying is that COD and Skyrim dont see deep reductions even when they are oldish.

Which is probably why I don't own any CoD post-MW2....they haven't dropped cheap enough yet, probably because the sales are still too high. Oh well....plenty of other games to play, and sadly, better games at that. :p

·PitBuLL·;1039470378 said:
I just purchased Mark of the Ninja for $7.50... Damnit. I can't remember the last time I actually beat a game and my back catalog is overflowing.

I'm so glad I grabbed it even though I have the same problem....played it for just over 2 hrs last night trying to finish stage 1 without being detected or killing anyone. Finally did it...wasn't easy at all....but done. ;)
Ah, I can give myself some credit though - I recently finished Crysis and Hotline Miami (which I've started going back through and A+'ing all the levels). :D

Psychonauts, Deus Ex: Human Revolution and all DLC just added to my Steam backlog... curse you, Steam sales!

I'm kinda on the fence about Fable 3. On the one hand I read some of the not so great things about it. But on the other hand It's something I still might enjoy, especially given the price. I do enjoy the Fable world, even if it never holds up to all the hype.

I'm kinda on the fence about Fable 3. On the one hand I read some of the not so great things about it. But on the other hand It's something I still might enjoy, especially given the price. I do enjoy the Fable world, even if it never holds up to all the hype.

It's a really interesting game. Some elements are well done, especially if you enjoy British humor and other parts are pretty terrible. The last part of the game kind of sucks. Still for the price it's not bad. If you like the world and the style it might be worth grabbing. If you played and enjoyed Fable 2 you will probably like 3. If however you didn't like 2 and liked 1 a lot more I'd say skip it. Fable: LC is still the best game in the series.

3 is the only one I was unable to finish because of a lack luster story. Ironically, it's the only one I bought, too.

Can anyone recommend Train Simulator 2013? It's currently a Flash Sale.

Last edited:
I've spent $40 bucks so far. GTA pack, DMC pack (DON'T BUY IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY ON PC), Civ5, Sim City and another City sim.

EDIT: Oh and Ace of Spades, which is a pretty damn cool, super small game.

DMC pack (DON'T BUY IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY ON PC).

I don't know about the rest of the series but I really enjoyed DMC4 on PC once I hooked up a gamepad. Played through the game three times and most of the bonus little mini games.I guess what I'm saying is that DMC4 is a pretty awesome port if you have a gamepad to play with.

I don't know about the rest of the series but I really enjoyed DMC4 on PC once I hooked up a gamepad. Played through the game three times and most of the bonus little mini games.I guess what I'm saying is that DMC4 is a pretty awesome port if you have a gamepad to play with.

+1 works fine with a 360 controller great game for 5

$9.99 for the Alan Wake games is a pretty rad deal. Those are sweet games.

And Terraria is a stupid amount of fun for $3.39.

$9.99 for the Alan Wake games is a pretty rad deal. Those are sweet games.

And Terraria is a stupid amount of fun for $3.39.

I've always had mild interest in Alan Wake, just never seem to pull the trigger.

Terraria is a ton of fun, I put about 96 hours into it... but it's been cheaper before (just saying)

Bought Alan Wake last time it was on sale and am sorry I wasted money.
I wish I knew about the problem before I bought it. I am posting so that others know.
The camera is off center. I am not saying everyone is going to have a problem with this. Just be aware. If you like it, by all means, go for it.

http://community.remedygames.com/showthread.php?t=7913

just got the new Dues Ex, though I already own it....somewhere.... probably lost the CD regardless

Bought Alan Wake last time it was on sale and am sorry I wasted money.
I wish I knew about the problem before I bought it. I am posting so that others know.
The camera is off center. I am not saying everyone is going to have a problem with this. Just be aware. If you like it, by all means, go for it.

http://community.remedygames.com/showthread.php?t=7913

A camera not being centered makes the game a waste of money? I'm sorry but that is the most retard nit picking I have ever heard. good lord bitch about EVERYTHING...

A camera not being centered makes the game a waste of money? I'm sorry but that is the most retard nit picking I have ever heard. good lord bitch about EVERYTHING...

My post was meant to inform anyone who cared to know about the camera being off center.
I have no intention of staring a fight over the internet.
So, I will not reply to your comments and hope that you will not pursue it.

After I read some user reviews, I passed on Alan Wake. Practically very game is recommended by any website review ... and Steam video previews are generally useless too. Thank goodness for youtube! Some of the shorter indie titles, you can watch a whole walk-through in 10~30 minutes.

Alan Wake is awesome. It's not for everybody, but the game had a decent amount of horror moments, and not having the ability to mow down every enemy in the game makes it much more realistic. The story is what really made me love the game.

Anyone else disappointed in this sale? I was hopping for games at 75% off we have never seem before.. or games like black ops 2 on sale.. at like 50%..

Anyone else disappointed in this sale? I was hopping for games at 75% off we have never seem before.. or games like black ops 2 on sale.. at like 50%..
Somewhat disappointed but there have been some decent deals. I guess Steam or the game publishers decided not to be as generous for this sale. I bet sales are down.

Black Ops 2 came out a few months ago. Keep dreaming for 50% off.

Ended up getting the Doom 3 BFG edition... more than I wanted to spend, but I did enjoy Doom 3 quite a bit when it first came out, so hopefully the updates are worth it.

Ended up getting the Doom 3 BFG edition... more than I wanted to spend, but I did enjoy Doom 3 quite a bit when it first came out, so hopefully the updates are worth it.

They're not.

You'd have been much better off getting the classic Doom 3 pack which was all of like $2.50 or something.

BFG edition is pretty much like a crappy port BACK to the PC from the console versions of the game. (Yes, I am aware of the irony here)

They're not.

You'd have been much better off getting the classic Doom 3 pack which was all of like $2.50 or something.

BFG edition is pretty much like a crappy port BACK to the PC from the console versions of the game. (Yes, I am aware of the irony here)

I don't know about the console port part but here, judge for yourself everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPSVLI6lEoI

To my eyes the BFG edition is much brighter. Textures are better, characters are more detailed, it certainly looks better. But I read the comments and one person wrote that the original game looks better if you tweak it. id software did the same thing that the modders do except they charge money for it.

I'm thinking about buying the original + RoE for $3.24. I never played any Doom games before.

EDIT here's another video that shows the graphics. It seems that now you can have your flashlight on while using a weapon. I feel like that changes the original mood of the game, but whatever. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14ogZP5tips

Last edited:
I had forgotten how fucking good Deus Ex is. If you don't own it, get it.

Too bad ENB is so hideously broken for me, it fucks up the load times (literally minutes versus seconds) and makes it stutter really badly sometimes.

I only tried DMC3. I figured DMC4 was just as bad. Good to know.

Whoever has the intent of buying DMC4 on Steam, DO NOT. It has been ~$1.90 (once the 30% promo code has been applied) on Green Man Gaming for the past week.

I've always had mild interest in Alan Wake, just never seem to pull the trigger.

Terraria is a ton of fun, I put about 96 hours into it... but it's been cheaper before (just saying)

Terraria was $2.50 last year. Man this sale sucks.

I know Terraria was $2.49 at one time (that's when I picked it up), but $3.39 still represents an absurd value when you consider the "number of hours of entertainment per dollar" factor. I'd hate for someone to let $0.90 prevent them from picking it up, even if it's been cheaper in the past.

Somewhat disappointed but there have been some decent deals. I guess Steam or the game publishers decided not to be as generous for this sale. I bet sales are down.

Black Ops 2 came out a few months ago. Keep dreaming for 50% off.

Makes perfect sense, pubs...sales are down so let's keep prices higher to discourage increased or impulse purchases. Um, the current economy is such that people are spending less, and we just got finished with the holidays where a lot of people spent a boat load of money on other things. Deep discounts on games are exactly what was needed here to boost sales.

Back