Steam 2012 Christmas sale is here! runs from Dec 20- Jan 6

Guys, do you think Super Meat Boy will go on sale again?

I just started playing The Binding of Isaac and I really like Edmund McMillen's work (like SMB). TBoI really has its own character, the HUD and level design strongly resembles Zelda and there are so many quirky and endearing tidbits. Isaac attacks his enemies by crying on them. :D

On sale right now here.. http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SMB/super-meat-boy Says it works on steam so sounds like your good to go.

I'd rather have a shorter sale with unique games on sale each day, you miss it you miss it. I hate all the random repeating sales... makes it feel diluted.

Any thoughts on "I am Alive"?
Granted, I haven't played it, but it looks like a game that could have been good if it wasn't burdened with annoying gameplay. Every time you climb, jump, or do nearly any action you lose stamina so you have to use items to replenish it. That can be annoying as you're climbing along a ledge and you start to get low. If that sounds like fun to you, then by all means go for it. :) You may want to watch some gameplay videos if you haven't already.

I just started playing The Binding of Isaac and I really like Edmund McMillen's work (like SMB). TBoI really has its own character, the HUD and level design strongly resembles Zelda and there are so many quirky and endearing tidbits. Isaac attacks his enemies by crying on them. :D

You should have bought the Humble Indie Bundle 7. You name your price. You would have gotten TBoI and a bunch more.

I'm not a "Steam sales suck!" guy, but I am disappointed that there are so many repeats. There are other games I'd like to see go on sale, like The Secret World.

jbean7457, I disagree. I like the longer sales because if I miss a few days, there's a good chance there will be another chance to get the games I want, but missed.

Is 89.99 a fair price for the Square Enix pack? I remember the last two sales where the entire publisher catalog was included in the pack.

I think payday is a steal for $5 and I would buy the dlc as well if its cheap.
The dlc for me was mostly for the new levels, but if you have freinds with the dlc, you dont have to have it to play the levels.

I wasn't crazy about the guns/skill sets that come with the dlc..
The new pistol is fun but drains ammo like crazy, and the ak is supposed to be really powerful but every couple reloads you throw the gun around and its really slow. The sentry gun is basically a gimick, you can't carry ammo or health if you have it.
Ahh, I see. I don't know if any of my friends have Payday, but if the DLC is cheap, I might throw it in and get the bundle.

It's $5 on a flash deal right now.
Damn, I didn't check this thread in time. At work, they block Steam, but when I'm home tonight, I'll check again to see if Payday "flashes" back on.

Payday is one of those games everyone should have, like Left 4 Dead 2. And as much as I hate DLC, they give you so much stuff for your $2.49 (when it's on sale) that it's worth it.
I'll keep that in mind. :) From the previews, it looked like a fun game. I was just a bit apprehensive by its mediocre game score, I think mid-70s. I typically use 80 as the baseline. : \

I mentioned I can't access Steam from work, but thank to Sickb0y's updating his fist post, I see Civ 5 is on sale. Wow, that's tempting. I just got Civ. 4 last year and haven't even played it yet. :eek: I played the hell out of Civs. 2 and 3 back in the day and had a blast with them!

I mentioned I can't access Steam from work, but thank to Sickb0y's updating his fist post, I see Civ 5 is on sale. Wow, that's tempting. I just got Civ. 4 last year and haven't even played it yet. :eek: I played the hell out of Civs. 2 and 3 back in the day and had a blast with them!

You know they have a Steam app for phones now. You can do purchasing and even chat through it.

My brother has Civ 5 without the DLC and I played that while home for Christmas for days on end. This may warrant a pick up for Gods and Kings alone.

Any thoughts on "I am Alive"?

There's a lot of anger on the steam forums about the ubi developer of this game crapping on PC gamers... that and the usual UBI drm bull crap makes it a no go for me.

Screw arrogant developers... it's one thing to be proud of a quality product, another to dump on the clients that will pay for your product... F these guys and that moron gears of war dev!!! :mad:

:D

does anyone have a spare copy of serious sam 3 from the 4 pack? I'd like to purchase if so!

You know they have a Steam app for phones now. You can do purchasing and even chat through it.
Yeah, a coworker told me about that last month, so I downloaded the Android app for Steam, for some reason, it wouldn't sync w/ my account. I didn't bother troubleshooting it much, but perhaps I should.

My brother has Civ 5 without the DLC and I played that while home for Christmas for days on end. This may warrant a pick up for Gods and Kings alone.
Nice, I guess I'll just get the base Civ 5 and not the riced up DLC package. Anyone else with thoughts about the basic game vs. the extras? I think I only got the basic Civ. 4 last year as well (w/o the DLC rice) but as I mentioned, i haven't played 1 min. of it yet. :eek:

How's Serious Sam 3 are the servers still populated or dead? might pick it up :eek:

How's Serious Sam 3 are the servers still populated or dead? might pick it up :eek:
Serious Sam 3 sucks. It's the exact same tired gameplay as every other version. Serious Same was cool for the first game or two, but the series has become more of a cookie cutter than the COD series. Lame old cookie cutter game. Same tired ass gameplay ever single time.

Yeah, a coworker told me about that last month, so I downloaded the Android app for Steam, for some reason, it wouldn't sync w/ my account. I didn't bother troubleshooting it much, but perhaps I should.

Nice, I guess I'll just get the base Civ 5 and not the riced up DLC package. Anyone else with thoughts about the basic game vs. the extras? I think I only got the basic Civ. 4 last year as well (w/o the DLC rice) but as I mentioned, i haven't played 1 min. of it yet. :eek:

Don't do it.

Instead get the Super Strategy Pack at Amazon for $19.99 (Steam codes) which includes:

Civ 5 GOTY
Civ 5 Gods and Kings
Civ IV Complete
Stronghold collection

FWIW, Gods and Kings is an absolute must-have for Civ V.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Serious Sam 3 sucks. It's the exact same tired gameplay as every other version. Serious Same was cool for the first game or two, but the series has become more of a cookie cutter than the COD series. Lame old cookie cutter game. Same tired ass gameplay ever single time.

k ill pass then

It got a TON of hype when it was released, but after playing it myself I agree with you. It has barely any MP maps to start with, as well, without unlocking more by playing SP (I guess? I didn't even play it that long). Paid $10 and felt like it was a waste.

I liked the game, but never played multi-player. The single player is a bit mundane if you've played the others recently, but the game was still a fun twitch shooter to knock out in a long day or weekend.

You should have bought the Humble Indie Bundle 7. You name your price. You would have gotten TBoI and a bunch more.

I'm not a "Steam sales suck!" guy, but I am disappointed that there are so many repeats. There are other games I'd like to see go on sale, like The Secret World.

That's exactly how I got it, but thanks anyway for being helpful.

The rest of his games are pretty good too. There is this pack of 9 casual games called The Basement Collection. They're all short games made by McMillen and they all use different, and very quirky game mechanics. For example one of them is Spewer, you're a fluffball who vomits goop. You use the goop to propel yourself into new areas. You can also get a white goop upgrade that makes it more viscous, then you can create pools of goop and swim in them. Anyway great fun, highly recommended for $2.

Here is a look at TBC and all of its games. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unq-eZwSp1c

On sale right now here.. http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SMB/super-meat-boy Says it works on steam so sounds like your good to go.

Thanks! :)

Has Dead Space gone on sale even once during this sale? Been waiting but I haven't seen it.

You guys do know the Steam Christmas Sale ends tomorrow the 5th. NOT the 6th like the thread subject says. Check Steam your self. It's already counting down.

You guys do know the Steam Christmas Sale ends tomorrow the 5th. NOT the 6th like the thread subject says. Check Steam your self. It's already counting down.

Because of the 48 hours count down, sales do not renew on Sunday, but they remain on sale.

Don't do it.

Instead get the Super Strategy Pack at Amazon for $19.99 (Steam codes) which includes:

Civ 5 GOTY
Civ 5 Gods and Kings
Civ IV Complete
Stronghold collection

FWIW, Gods and Kings is an absolute must-have for Civ V.

I just bit after I found that the $5 promotion for Editor's Choice applied here, making this entire pack $15 which is an absolute STEAL.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Not sure it matters when it ends, not too many good deals and an insane number of repeats. I've been checking it more out of habit than any expectation of buying anything.

At least the sale's been good for not inflating the backlog I guess. :D

I would appreciate it if people would vote for SR3 for community choice as I want to buy it for someone. Thanks guys.

Yes. And those that start at 1:00 pm will end tomorrow at 1:00 pm! Then the sale is over, done.

Yes, and on the last day (5th) they renew again.

Steam always ends (all sales revert to normal prices) on the Monday following.

Back