Starfield

Maybe I'm way wrong about this although I have seen and heard plenty of others say this too.

Have there been murmurings of Hello Games taking exception to what appears to be some shameless and blatant ripping off of No Man's Sky in a number of ways in the footage we have seen of Starfield so far? I realize imitation is the best form of flattery but some of it is really blatant and it's hard for me to believe some lawyers haven't been having some phone calls over it at least.

Starfield CODE LEAKED. I've compiled it and playing it right now.

1678291394037.png

a lot of people seem really hyped about this game...I'm looking forward to it but it's no Elden Ring or S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 or even Jedi: Survivor level of anticipation...I'm expecting Elder Scrolls or Fallout in outer space, which is not a bad thing but it's just more of the same from Bethesda (mixed in with a better version of No Man's Sky)

Last edited:
a lot of people seem really hyped about this game...I'm looking forward to it but it's no Elden Ring or S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 or even Jedi: Survivor level of anticipation...I'm expecting Elder Scrolls or Fallout in outer space, which is not a bad thing but it's just more of the same from Bethesda (mixed in with a better version of No Man's Sky)
"more of the same" that we haven't gotten since 2011

unless you count Fallout 76

Yeah, even that was 5 years ago, but I definitely don't count it.

Oblivion and Skyrim are among the extremely short list of single player games I enjoyed, and Starfield seems like it will follow that formula and build upon it. So I'm excited. I enjoyed Skyrim off and on for several years with all the mods, but it's been a long time.

I would really love for Starfield to support VR, but even if it doesn't I'll probably love it.

Cautiously optimistic. They are saying the main story is 30-40 hours, rest of the game may take up to 120 hours. Fallout 4 was around 30 hour story and 90 hours (without DLC). So it may be bigger, but I do wonder if it will really be worth exploring all of the extra content if it will be more filler. I am mainly worried about the story quality if it becomes too big for its own good.

Reactions: DPI
like this
Cautiously optimistic. They are saying the main story is 30-40 hours, rest of the game may take up to 120 hours. Fallout 4 was around 30 hour story and 90 hours (without DLC). So it may be bigger, but I do wonder if it will really be worth exploring all of the extra content if it will be more filler. I am mainly worried about the story quality if it becomes too big for its own good.

I'm not worried about how long the main story is. The main story usually isn't the best part of these games. It's the side stuff like Dark Brotherhood, Theives Guild, etc. As long as it's a side story quest and not just a generated quest it's usually pretty fun and interesting. Even the generated quests are somewhat fun when you first start playing.

I'm not worried about how long the main story is. The main story usually isn't the best part of these games. It's the side stuff like Dark Brotherhood, Theives Guild, etc. As long as it's a side story quest and not just a generated quest it's usually pretty fun and interesting. Even the generated quests are somewhat fun when you first start playing.

I liked the main story in FO3, NV and 4. Side quests and exploration was generally good as well and kept me entertained. But everything is always funner when there is a main story or goal to accomplish. I worry this will lean more into generic activities and too much back and forth due to the space travel design and not having a single map.

I meant my comment not so much as a dig at bethesda (even though they are sloppy af) but at the idea of being excited for a video game in 2023 after everything we have seen in big releases. Good luck with that!

Before Fallout 76, I would have been confident that it will be a buggy yet promising experience. Now, who the hell knows. I am cautiously optimistic, though.

Before Fallout 76, I would have been confident that it will be a buggy yet promising experience. Now, who the hell knows. I am cautiously optimistic, though.
Bethesda tasked their Austin studio (BattleCry) to asset flip Fallout 4 into an online game to generate revenue between releases.
In other words it lacked Todd's holy touch.

Last edited:
I hoped they paid Hello Games a royalty for some of the obvious No Man's Sky lifts. I am hoping for the best but my confidence in Bethesda has steadily declined for reasons often cited and repeated by myself and others.

I hoped they paid Hello Games a royalty for some of the obvious No Man's Sky lifts. I am hoping for the best but my confidence in Bethesda has steadily declined for reasons often cited and repeated by myself and others.
"It just works" lol

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
*sigh*

I bought a stupid xbox just to play it, because of the hype. However, 6 months away from launch, i have no idea what the game is about, or what you even do in it.

Not a great way to go about it. I'd at least wait until the game is very near release. And a console for this? We all know these games are better on PC. Mods, community fixes, and all that. One of those games that should be bought on PC. Unless you're PC is really that old.

*sigh*

I bought a stupid xbox just to play it, because of the hype. However, 6 months away from launch, i have no idea what the game is about, or what you even do in it.

I mean... Hopefully you've learned a lesson here.

I'd at least wait until the game is very near release. And a console for this? We all know these games are better on PC. Mods, community fixes, and all that. One of those games that should be bought on PC. Unless you're PC is really that old.
I can't game on a PC
I mean... Hopefully you've learned a lesson here.
Eh, i was hoping that person had some sort of insight into the actual game that i overlooked.

To be fair to Xbox, Bethesda has allowed modding on the console for some of their titles - I can't see it being any different for Starfield. Well, excluding 'heavier' mods not running particularly well on consoles, but I imagine the UI/Inventory Management-style mods should be decent.

Back