Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

i don't think it will do much if you vent your ship since the boarders will probably have some sort of space suit.

though it would be cool if you could close the blast doors and the boarders would have to cut through them.

From what I've read and understand about the docking collar; it forms an air-tight seal.
In order to avoid having to wear a suit 100% of the time in your ship, your ship would then have to have a vacuum chamber that can be filled or depleted of air.

It would be an excellent addition to Star Citizen and very realistic if ships had air chambers and you could deplete air levels in certain areas of the ship. Then, only boarders who donned breathing equipment would have a chance at success.

It would allow them to steal your cargo without harming you, if you're willing to let them take it without a pistol fight.

eh.... why didn't you get a Retaliator?

That one was tempting, but alas, I could not bear to spend that much.

Hey do you know if the ships will have some sort of blast doors ?

That would be useful for defending against boarders.
Deplete Oxygen levels and suffocate them, like in Faster Than Light.

It wouldn't make sense to not have this.

While I've seen no mention of that specifically, they've mentioned traps of some kind for boarders so far and that there's been thoughts on countermeasures for boarders.

What's the point of buying all the packages? i thought they said they only give you 1 physical copy even if you have multiple packages. i could be wrong though, i know there was a bit of confusion on the forums a while back. i don't know if it was ever resolved.

pretty sure the credits will stack, so if you have rear admiral you would get 10k credits and if you have digital colonel that is another 5k credits.

and for original backers, digital colonel is 110$ same price as it is to buy the stand alone add on ship so in that case it makes sense to buy the digital colonel package if you already have rear admiral over getting the lone hornet.

vets and new backers have to pay 125$ for digital colonel.

Oh that makes sense. grrr makes me even more annoyed that i missed original backer by 1 day.

As of right now my hangar:

Digital Colonel - LTI
Attributed
Created: August 04, 2013
Contains: Anvil Aerospace Hornet and 10 items

Rear Admiral - LTI
Attributed
Created: July 29, 2013
Contains: RSI Constellation and 14 items

"Gamescom 2943"
Attributed
Created: July 20, 2013
Contains: "Gamescon 2943" Hangar Trophy

ORIGIN M50 Interceptor - LTI
Attributed
Created: July 06, 2013
Contains: Origin M50 Interceptor and Lifetime Insurance

Hangar Fees Reward
Attributed
Created: July 05, 2013
Contains: Free Hangar Fees on starting Planet

Your RSI space suit reward
Attributed
Contains: RSI Class II Space Suit with Test Pilot Colors

Original and Veteran Backers Reward
Attributed
Contains: 4 items

Origin 350r Racer - LTI
Attributed
Created: June 22, 2013
Contains: Origin 350r Racer and Lifetime Insurance

i am semi-done with my hangar, only possible additions now are variant add-ons for hornet or constellation if i feel i want them.

Are they going to do anymore LTI's, does anyone know, I missed out during the last LTI sales.

just send a PM To Lorien or Xaeos. They'll help you get LTI on a ship.
Xaeos has a FS thread.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1771189

Yeah I just hit him up, im gonna have him buy the Original Backer "Digital Scout - LTI" - $35 = "RSI Aurora" ship, 1000 Game Credits, LIFETIME Insurance, Alpha Access, Beta Access, Squadron 42 Digital Download, Star Citizen Digital Download for me.

Don't think I posted my ships yet.
Freelancer (package)
350r
300i (package)

Note the 300i is pretty much a placeholder, I'll likely melt it for something else once there are some new variants of the hornet or freelancer, possibly the new Origin ship once we get some info on it.

I'm now a Star Citizen, have an Aurora! :) Will save up to get a 300i or 350r

Got a question, ships like the cutlass or freelancer say crew of 2 (according to this anyways, do you have to have a second person to pilot these ships? Or can you still be effective (like pvp wise) with just you? Is there a way to have a npc crewman to help out instead? I love the idea of being able to have my brother or a friend or guildy jump in and fly with me, but don't wanna be dependant on someone else lol.

ya! lol, trying to save up money for a nice package, hoping for either the anvil hornet or cutlass (both $110 when going through lorien or the other one in buy and sell page. But had noticed the cutlass was a 2 man crew.

Now to try and figure out which one would work better in direct fights, the hornet or cutlass lol. Thinking cutlass because, hey who doesn't want to fly the pirate ship while killing people?

Just a reminder for anyone still looking to pledge. I'm still offering access to my cheapest original backer prices as well as an additional $5 incentive if you buy a package that contains the game through me. If you already own a package and wish to upgrade to a higher package I will also offer the same $5. Limit 1 transaction per person.

Got a question, ships like the cutlass or freelancer say crew of 2 (according to this anyways, do you have to have a second person to pilot these ships? Or can you still be effective (like pvp wise) with just you? Is there a way to have a npc crewman to help out instead? I love the idea of being able to have my brother or a friend or guildy jump in and fly with me, but don't wanna be dependant on someone else lol.

Especially for the ships with fewer than 4-6 duty stations ( ie "active" crew jobs, as opposed to "passive" passengers. Ships can hold a lot more other players just booking passage, hanging out in the berths, or helping to protect your cargo and board/repel boarders on foot etc.c..), you'll be able to fly these vessels to a substantial effectiveness without other players in the duty stations. Now, it will be optimal to have all crew stations filled by players in terms of performance, but you'll have the option to either purchase some sort of NPC crewman and/or computer program/AI to do those jobs instead. For instance, if you have a Constellation that you're piloting alone, you will need to equip it with the mods and gear required to say... put an AI automated ball turret gunner control module in place, if you want to have the functionality of that ball turret working. The AI may have the relative effectiveness of less than what a human pilot would be, but it is significantly a bonus compared to not having that turret available at all (or having to manually jump into it from your captain's chair all the time etc..).

The fewer the duty stations, the easier it will be able to pilot it alone closer to optimum, or gain AI/CPU control of those systems. However, for some larger vessels like the Idris Corvette (10 duty stations if I recall), it will either 1) cost a bloody fortune to equip it with enough AI/NPC help or 2) outright just lose a ton of efficiency to the point of basically not being able to fly it alone in a combat situation. They don't want to have people with capital ships being operated by single players at combat readiness very easily (if at all). However, for all ships even around Constellation (and/or Retaliator) size, you'll be able to pilot them with relative efficiency alone, though less powerfully/efficiently than having human crew. For a ship with only one other duty station like a Cutlass or Freelancer, it would be easy to fly alone and relatively inexpensive to equip with AI necessary for second-seat functions.

The Cutlass in particular does not really require a second person to fly at all, not even an NPC crewman. Since the ship is mainly used/associated with piracy (in the game lore) that second seat/space is for whatever prisoner you capture when you want to sell them into slavery.

Having said that, I have a small (big?) announcement to make:

I recently reached over $1000 in pledges towards the game and I unlocked concierge level access. What is that and why should you care? This email explains it all.

First of all, Thank you very much on behalf of Roberts Space Industries for your multiple pledges!
All pledgers $1000 and above will have their own personal concierge which is me
I will be your personal concierge for all of your questions, requests and needs as part of a select group in our Star Citizen Universe.
It will be a heads up on all events + exclusive access, inside info from the dev. team - all things select and a little more exclusive.
I also take note of any extra "swag" you may want ie. some of my other clients have asked for everything from coffee mugs to bomber jackets...It won't necessarily be free swag but it will be tailored for you.
Right now I am currently in the midst of creating citizens cards and dealing with all clients individually.
So this is the basic idea 1-on-1 service for 24 months of development and going forward past launch of the game. 1-on-1 service to fulfill your pledges and to take all of your requests.

So now that you know what it is. I am extending this access to everyone at [H] that owns a game package and has joined the [H] star citizen group on Steam. I will collect any and all of your questions and game requests and fire them off to the concierge. You will get unfiltered answers directly from the developers instead of learning it through 3rd parties. And I will also extend access to that custom made swag they mentioned. I will have more details on all of this soon.
Like I said the only requisites are that you own a game package and have joined the [H] star citizen group on Steam here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Hardocpcore so go sign up now.
Things are going live pretty soon and I want to kick things into high gear.

P.S: I may have something else planned for the future exclusively for [H] star citizen Steam group members (hint: ship package giveaway), but I need to clear a few things first with CIG officials.

Thanks for reading and supporting the game,

Lorien

I recently reached over $1000 in pledges towards the game and I unlocked concierge level access. What is that and why should you care? This email explains it all.

So now that you know what it is. I am extending this access to everyone at [H] that owns a game package and has joined the [H] star citizen group on Steam. I will collect any and all of your questions and game requests and fire them off to the concierge. You will get unfiltered answers directly from the developers instead of learning it through 3rd parties. And I will also extend access to that custom made swag they mentioned. I will have more details on all of this soon.
Like I said the only requisites are that you own a game package and have joined the [H] star citizen group on Steam here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Hardocpcore so go sign up now.

P.S: I may have something else planned for the future exclusively for [H] star citizen Steam group members (hint: ship package giveaway), but I need to clear a few things first with CIG officials.

Lorien

Joined up

I don't know whether to be impressed or terribly terribly afraid of you.

Lorien

I love you man!

Sweet. Dang, I should have had my friends buy through me too. I'd be around $560 by now.

Oh well. Would you please ask him the following:

1. What types of ship defenses will there be against on-board attacks? (i.e., will there be any type of blast or fire doors on ships that attackers have to break through to get to you?)
2. Will there be possibilites of onboard fires either due to hand to hand combat with laser pistols or electronic failure of ship components?
3. Will players be able to deplete oxygen levels in isolated portions of their ships as a means to suffocate attackers (similar to the game Faster Than Light)?
4. Will players either be required to wear breathing space suits for boarding or have the option to (so that in case the defender depletes oxygen, the attackers won't suffocate)?
5. I have read discussion of use of space suits, but I have not seen any air isolation chambers on ships. Will there only be certain ships that have these air chambers?
What mechanic is planned to make the transition of breathing ship air to donning a space suit and going out into space without letting all the oxygen in your ship get sucked out?

Thanks!

p.s., I would love to buy a coffee mug or a water bottle with the logo if they have any to sell!

Last edited:

Lorien

Thanks for doing this. Joined the group. Original backer here with digital mercenary LTI. Thinking of upgrading to either the arbiter or digital colonel. Is the hornet worth the extra money?

Well we don't know much about the ships yet. but i think the hornet is worth the extra money. i have the feeling that its going to rip up 300i models.

oh and if you haven't received your star citizen card yet, and you upgrade to a pledge that no longer includes a card, don't worry you will still receive the card from your earlier purchase. i asked support and that's the answer they gave me.

Hey lorien did you get the rank high admiral when you hit 1k?

Last edited:
J Macker said:
1. What types of ship defenses will there be against on-board attacks? (i.e., will there be any type of blast or fire doors on ships that attackers have to break through to get to you?)
2. Will there be possibilites of onboard fires either due to hand to hand combat with laser pistols or electronic failure of ship components?
3. Will players be able to deplete oxygen levels in isolated portions of their ships as a means to suffocate attackers (similar to the game Faster Than Light)?
4. Will players either be required to wear breathing space suits for boarding or have the option to (so that in case the defender depletes oxygen, the attackers won't suffocate)?
5. I have read discussion of use of space suits, but I have not seen any air isolation chambers on ships. Will there only be certain ships that have these air chambers?
What mechanic is planned to make the transition of breathing ship air to donning a space suit and going out into space without letting all the oxygen in your ship get sucked out?

Thanks!
Sent!

Hey lorien did you get the rank high admiral when you hit 1k?
I was going to tell you no because I thought that I'd have to melt all my packages and repurchase the 1k pledge but I just went to the site to check and yes I did get it.

P1Im2M5.jpg

Last edited:
Sent!

I was going to tell you no because I thought that I'd have to melt all my packages and repurchase the 1k pledge but I just went to the site to check and yes I did get it.

P1Im2M5.jpg

cool, i will be hitting that as soon as the freelancer and hornet brochures come out. after that im going to be broke for the next few months due to some unforeseen expenses.

Speaking of those damn brochures, they said that they were going to release 2 between the sale in early July and the hanger release August 24th. it has been about a month and nothing... im starting to flip out. it seems weird that they would just release both of them in about the space of a week

cool, i will be hitting that as soon as the freelancer and hornet brochures come out. after that im going to be broke for the next few months due to some unforeseen expenses.

Speaking of those damn brochures, they said that they were going to release 2 between the sale in early July and the hanger release August 24th. it has been about a month and nothing... im starting to flip out. it seems weird that they would just release both of them in about the space of a week

they said maybe two. in the live stream he said he wasnt sure if theyd finish the second one in time, the first one is supposed to come out this week though.

It makes some sense to me that they might release one right with the con (and thus the Hangar) to add more splash although I have absolutely nothing to back that up but guesses. I can see the extra press another commercial might bring etc but I'm also sure they want to meter out content as much as possible.

Hornet brochure before the hangar module is launched, Freelancer brochure the week after hangar launch Constellation after that but no date. There will also be a new ship commercial before CitizenCon in October.

Really....that's a bit disappointing. but oh well

I suspect the brochures are being purposely delayed. They release them to subscribers first and delay them for the general public to justify the price of such subscription.

It's the one thing that really bothers me and not because of CIG, but by the way some of the idiots subscribing act on the forums. They either brag about it and/or act like 3 year olds whining to mommy when someone releases some info they learned. "Whaa whaa, you are not supposed to share subscription information".

I've been tempted to buy a whole year of subscription and openly release every piece of content they have behind that stupid paywall.

Edit: Hell there's an idea. We could all pitch in for a year of centurion subscription, draw straws for who actually gets to purchase it and have their name included in the game and that person releases all the content to the rest of the people who pitched in. I really don't care for having my name in the game I just want to see all the content they hide behind the stupid paywall.

Last edited:
I suspect the brochures are being purposely delayed. They release them to subscribers first and delay them for the general public to justify the price of such subscription.

It's the one thing that really bothers me and not because of CIG, but by the way some of the idiots subscribing act on the forums. They either brag about it and/or act like 3 year olds whining to mommy when someone releases some info they learned. "Whaa whaa, you are not supposed to share subscription information".

I've been tempted to buy a whole year of subscription and openly release every piece of content they have behind that stupid paywall.

Plenty of folks are doing that already. Just need to look for it to find it.

I don't think you need to sub for a full year to get all the perks. that's just to get your name in the game and to get your three questions/ office visit. not access to jump points though i am not sure about the brochures. i can post the links to all the jump points if you guys want. because for some reason that works lol.

To be honest I actually never really searched for them lol and just found all of them in Mexico.

Back