Star Citizen - media blowout, Chris Robert's new game

They haven't said what the starter ship will be, but i don't think it will be the aurora. and i believe that the game will be 60$

i would say yes just get in the door now i think the lowest pledge that includes alpha, beta, and full game costs 40$.

and go through lorien he will hook you up

its for sure not the aurora!

I thought you had to buy your first ship. but the uee would give you a loan to do it. plus you get money for completing squadron 42. (i think)

I thought you had to buy your first ship. but the uee would give you a loan to do it. plus you get money for completing squadron 42. (i think)

It's been up for debate since the last livestream where Chris said some things that about it not making sense to not start out with a ship now.

completing squadron 42 nets you a starter ship, its not the aurora

Oh ok. i know they weren't going to give you the aurora. I thought you might have to buy one with the help of a uee loan. but having a starter ship is even better.

Oh ok. i know they weren't going to give you the aurora. I thought you might have to buy one with the help of a uee loan. but having a starter ship is even better.

i think i heard something like that, if that is a thing.. it probably applies to the people who have star citizen and dont have squadron 42

pretty certain the aurora is the starter ship, ive not heard any mention of any other possible ship thats starter level other than the aurora, and people with aurora packages are basically getting the ship for free/debt free. and the game at a discounted price.

so if you do sq42 you can put that money into upgrades for your aurora instead of paying for the aurora.

likewise if you were to jump right into Star citizen and skip SQ42, you would need to either take out a loan to buy an aurora, or run missions as a crew member on an npc or player ship until you can afford to buy the aurora if you dont want to take out a loan.

pledging and getting the aurora for free is a pretty nice deal considering you are also getting the game at a discounted price, but the aurora is very much the ship everyone is getting at the start some earlier than others.

pretty certain the aurora is the starter ship, ive not heard any mention of any other possible ship thats starter level other than the aurora, and people with aurora packages are basically getting the ship for free/debt free. and the game at a discounted price.

so if you do sq42 you can put that money into upgrades for your aurora instead of paying for the aurora.

likewise if you were to jump right into Star citizen and skip SQ42, you would need to either take out a loan to buy an aurora, or run missions as a crew member on an npc or player ship until you can afford to buy the aurora if you dont want to take out a loan.

pledging and getting the aurora for free is a pretty nice deal considering you are also getting the game at a discounted price, but the aurora is very much the ship everyone is getting at the start some earlier than others.

the aurora isnt the starter ship man, CR said even the aurora is a small step ahead

i dont think ive heard him mention another ship.

not sure why they need to make another ship besides aurora for a starter tho. its already pretty basic as it is being smaller than other ships and looks like it would fill the part nicely

maybe he ment that you dont start with the aurora because you dont tech. start with a ship and have to earn your way to one or take out a loan to get your first ship?

if you have a link to him saying there is another ship thats the starter one it would be helpful :)

the first ship you fly in SQ42 is the avenger since it is the trainer ship.

i dont think ive heard him mention another ship.

not sure why they need to make another ship besides aurora for a starter tho. its already pretty basic as it is being smaller than other ships and looks like it would fill the part nicely

maybe he ment that you dont start with the aurora because you dont tech. start with a ship and have to earn your way to one or take out a loan to get your first ship?

if you have a link to him saying there is another ship thats the starter one it would be helpful :)

the first ship you fly in SQ42 is the avenger since it is the trainer ship.

I think he meant, there is no starter ship at all. The aurora is the most basic, and cheapest you can get, but someone who doesn't pledged, wont start with a ship. If you play SQ42 you will have some cash to get something, if you don't, you have to earn the money or get a loan, to buy your own ship.

They have mentioned that the starter ship in Squadron 42 will be the Avenger. It has not been confirmed if a ship will be given to a player to start out with in the MP world.

Game packages in your hangar now tell you which level of hangar you start with.

Discount: Aurora, 300 series
Business: Freelancer, Hornet
Deluxe: Constellation
We know the Cutlass gets its own asteroid hangar but it doesn't show up yet.

As for the other ships:
We still haven't designed a Hangar which will be compatible with the Retaliator but currently I am splitting my time between the 3 core hangars. The additonal hangars we would like to build are different and more specialized so that would be the reason we would like 2 or 3 more.

Looking forward to hangar buggie races when they add the ability to invite people into your hangar.

Looking forward to hangar buggie races when they add the ability to invite people into your hangar.

i plan to just run people over as soon as they join into my hangar.

btw i have a snow cone machine in my hangar everyone come on over!

Atrapitis.gif

The first thing I want to try is stacking a pyramid of buggies (3base, 2mid, 1top). Hopefully when you knock a player character down they can stay down so we can make a ramp with bodies laying on top of each other (no homo). With enough height we could also get buggies on top of the ships.

Edit: Hmm I wonder how wide the docking rings are, we might be able to shoehorn a buggie inside to fill a Constellation full of them lol. Actually it might be easier on a Freelancer since they have that rear ramp. Hopefully ships will be fully animated.

just squeeze it up where the p52 is

Ya that's even better, but only if ramps, cargo loaders are working.

Last edited:
Last edited:
No, you misunderstand.

There are 2 parts to the game. The single player campaign (called Squadron 42) and the persistent (mmo like) universe.
When you play the single player campaign you are enlisting into the UEE and they assign you a training ship in which to run missions on. Once your tour of duty is over you get credits enough to buy yourself a ship which most people assume will be a plain base Aurora. You do not get to keep the Avenger since that is property of the UEE.

You also have the ability to completely skip the single player campaign and start playing in the Persistent Universe, that is where your pledge ship comes into play.

Right, I'm pledged for an Aurora package, but was misreading... Still, CAN'T WAIT!

Game packages in your hangar now tell you which level of hangar you start with.

Discount: Aurora, 300 series
Business: Freelancer, Hornet
Deluxe: Constellation
We know the Cutlass gets its own asteroid hangar but it doesn't show up yet.

As for the other ships:

Haven't heard this. Should be awesome!

looks like i get all 3 hangars (i know they are all put into 1 hangar), i forgot do they let you choose between them or is the top tier one forced?
my 350r has discount
my hornet has the buisness
connie has deluxe

and my m50 has none atm.

looks like i get all 3 hangars (i know they are all put into 1 hangar), i forgot do they let you choose between them or is the top tier one forced?
my 350r has discount
my hornet has the buisness
connie has deluxe

and my m50 has none atm.

I was told largest down unless they do landing pads for the larger ships which would be separate.

Ya so it seems like all your ships will get put in the highest tier hangar you have a package for. So if you have a dozen auroras the skin tileset of the hangar will still be the discount one.

*sigh* i guess we all just need to get a Stella :rolleyes:

I would think there's a chance that it will get tied to total amount at some point as well but it's honestly too early to tell with that stuff. Pretty much everything that has happened since this all began last year has fluctuated at least a little bit over time and I expect that to continue well through the project.

We're getting such early access to design, iteration and thought process that I think it's tough for us sometimes to remember that this stuff is all still really in flux. They don't even have anything but rough concepts of all the hangars yet let alone all the details on how they'll be distributed.

Aw sonofa bitch. I thought the 325a would get a business hangar..

Discount hangar, boo.

Not really they are rewarding the pledgers that pledged more with bigger hangers, well pledged on more expensive ships not total value. seems about on par with crowd funding though.

Last edited:
Back