Stalker Clear Sky.

I installed the sharper textures, but I can't really see much difference! I put the gamedata folder into the root of my Clear Sky directory and added the line to the fsgame file. Am I doing something wrong?

I don't actually think they look that different, either. I chose not to download it because it didn't look like it warranted it.

No CTDs for me, incidentally.

This should help.

Modifications

As modders have already demonstrated with Shadow of Chernobyl, STALKER's X-Ray Engine is capable of being heavily modified, and since Clear Sky is based on the upgraded X-Ray Engine 1.5, it is also similarly highly moddable. The basic instructions on mod creation and mod use in Clear Sky are much the same as in the original STALKER.

If you want to try your hand at modding, to modify game files, you will first need to extract the game's various assets from .db archive files held under the \Program Files\Deep Silver\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky directory - you can use this Clear Sky Database Unpacker to extract/unpack the .db file contents. Once the files have been extracted to their relevant subdirectories under the main Clear Sky directory, they can be edited or modified as desired.

To allow modified files to work with Clear Sky, you will first need to edit your fsgame.ltx file found under the \Program Files\Deep Silver\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky directory. Open this file with a text editor like Notepad, and find the following line:

$game_data$ = false| true| $fs_root$| gamedata\

Change the false to true, i.e.:

$game_data$ = true| true| $fs_root$| gamedata\

This will tell Clear Sky to first load up any game asset files which exist in the appropriate subdirectory under \Program Files\Deep Silver\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky, before attemping to load them up from the archived .db files. In other words this allows you to use modified files, and have Clear Sky recognize and load these instead of the original versions stored in the db files. If you've downloaded a mod, follow the directions which come with each mod as to where the modified files should be placed. Typically all you need to do is just extract the mod contents to the main directory above and it will create the appropriate subdirectory.
Source: http://www.tweakguides.com/ClearSky_4.html

It's more than just the ejection ports. They've mirrored all the guns. They are all 100% backwards. It bothers me as a gun guy.

That also really pissed me off a bunch. Gotta wonder if GSC has actually handled any of the guns they modeled.

Every patch so far has broken older saves so yes.

lol. Wow, I guess I will wait another month or so before I buy this game.

Thanks, I have done it correctly. Maybe I was expecting too much.

Great game so far, really enjoying being in the Zone again. Going back to the old locales is a bit bizarre with the pangs of deja vu.

I'm running dx9 on DL and high details, I looked at them in PS and I think all they did was run the sharpen tool. Dont get me wrong, they look better, but I think future versions will be better. These seemed rushed. Also textures wont make this game crash,lol.

That also really pissed me off a bunch. Gotta wonder if GSC has actually handled any of the guns they modeled.

I'd bet that they didn't. The game was made over in the Ukraine if I am not mistaken. Which means, they didn't likely have access to all those weapons. (Ukraine gun laws are fairly strict from what I've found so far.) Some of the weapons are very accurate but reversed, and others are quite inaccurate in general.

Patch is out and it wont break your saves if you go from .04-.05 according to GSC boards, I would backup saves to be sure though.

http://stalker.deepsilver.com/patches.php?lang=eng

I'm still at work and haven't tried the patch yet. Some of you may want to read this thread before you patch. http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&lang=en

[FONT=&quot]Saved[/FONT][FONT=&quot]games[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1.5.04 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]saved[/FONT][FONT=&quot] games [/FONT][FONT=&quot]will [/FONT][FONT=&quot]be[/FONT][FONT=&quot] compatible [/FONT][FONT=&quot]with [/FONT][FONT=&quot]patch[/FONT][FONT=&quot] 1.5.05.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Game[/FONT][FONT=&quot]changes[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Fixed[/FONT][FONT=&quot]an[/FONT][FONT=&quot]error[/FONT][FONT=&quot]which[/FONT][FONT=&quot]prevented[/FONT][FONT=&quot]the[/FONT][FONT=&quot]guide[/FONT][FONT=&quot]from[/FONT][FONT=&quot]leading[/FONT][FONT=&quot]the[/FONT][FONT=&quot]player[/FONT][FONT=&quot]to[/FONT][FONT=&quot]the[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Cordon[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]This[/FONT][FONT=&quot]was[/FONT][FONT=&quot]caused[/FONT][FONT=&quot]by[/FONT][FONT=&quot]the[/FONT][FONT=&quot]fact[/FONT][FONT=&quot]that[/FONT][FONT=&quot]the[/FONT][FONT=&quot]autosave[/FONT][FONT=&quot]function[/FONT][FONT=&quot]failed[/FONT][FONT=&quot]to[/FONT][FONT=&quot]save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]all[/FONT][FONT=&quot]data[/FONT][FONT=&quot], [/FONT][FONT=&quot]and[/FONT][FONT=&quot]once[/FONT][FONT=&quot]such[/FONT][FONT=&quot]a[/FONT][FONT=&quot]saved[/FONT][FONT=&quot]game[/FONT][FONT=&quot]was[/FONT][FONT=&quot]loaded[/FONT][FONT=&quot], [/FONT][FONT=&quot]the[/FONT][FONT=&quot]game[/FONT][FONT=&quot]became[/FONT][FONT=&quot]impossible[/FONT][FONT=&quot]to[/FONT][FONT=&quot]complete[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]If[/FONT][FONT=&quot]this[/FONT][FONT=&quot]error[/FONT][FONT=&quot]occurred[/FONT][FONT=&quot], [/FONT][FONT=&quot]it[/FONT][FONT=&quot]was[/FONT][FONT=&quot]necessary[/FONT][FONT=&quot]to[/FONT][FONT=&quot]restart[/FONT][FONT=&quot]the[/FONT][FONT=&quot]game[/FONT][FONT=&quot]from[/FONT][FONT=&quot]the[/FONT][FONT=&quot]beginning[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Fixed[/FONT][FONT=&quot]a[/FONT][FONT=&quot]bug[/FONT][FONT=&quot]with[/FONT][FONT=&quot]secondary[/FONT][FONT=&quot]objectives[/FONT][FONT=&quot] ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]Deliver[/FONT][FONT=&quot]item[/FONT][FONT=&quot]), [/FONT][FONT=&quot]which[/FONT][FONT=&quot]caused[/FONT][FONT=&quot]the[/FONT][FONT=&quot]arrow[/FONT][FONT=&quot]to[/FONT][FONT=&quot]point[/FONT][FONT=&quot]to[/FONT][FONT=&quot]the[/FONT][FONT=&quot]wrong[/FONT][FONT=&quot]NPC[/FONT][FONT=&quot]after[/FONT][FONT=&quot]a[/FONT][FONT=&quot]save[/FONT][FONT=&quot]/[/FONT][FONT=&quot]load[/FONT][FONT=&quot].[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Changed the reward for lowering the bridge in the Red Forest.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Changed the reward for killing bandits at the Freedom base filling station.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Fixed the Freedom technician’s dialogue.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]After accepting a secondary objective, it became impossible to undertake/complete objectives to find flash drives.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Fixed an error, which caused the situation to be displayed incorrectly in the PDA Faction War section.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Fixed an error, which caused the number of grenades for the grenade launcher attachment to be saved incorrectly following modifications.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Fixed an error, which caused FPS to fall when the cursor was moved over headings on the PDA map.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Fixed an error, which sometimes caused the game to crash to desktop when the game was saved during an NPC death animation sequence.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Fixed an error, which caused carried weight to be calculated incorrectly when a suit was upgraded or artifacts attached.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Fixed an error, which sometimes caused faction strength to be displayed incorrectly in the PDA statistics. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Fixed an error, which caused the game to crash following the loading of a saved game due to incorrect saving of monster animations and armed NPC grenades.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Fixed an error, which sometimes caused ammo to be displayed incorrectly after searching bodies.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Fixed an error, which sometimes caused individual NPCs to be enemies, while the rest of their faction was neutral or friendly. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Fixed several minor HUD, inventory, PDA and main menu errors.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Minor rebalancing of trade and items that pop out of dead bodies.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Fixed a problem, which allowed the player to leave the Zone in the water part of the game (first visit to the Swamps).[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Changed [/FONT][FONT=&quot]the process for rewards given for joining factions.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Changed rewards for destroying faction bases.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Fixed game crashes during conversations with enemy technicians.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Added ability to upgrade GP 37 with the help of Freedom and Bandit technicians.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Multiplayer[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Added ability to ban and kick players from the game using their GUID (serial number), in addition to name and IP.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Fixed several errors in multiplayer chat, including the fact that the following letters could not be entered in some circumstances: A, Z, X, C, V.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Fixed a large number of various errors which caused client and server crashes in the multiplayer.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Added IP filter (for games in certain subnets). [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Fixed the following script crashes:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]- smart_terrain.script:227: attempt to index local 'obj' (a nil value)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]smart_terrain.script:1003: attempt to index field '?'[/FONT][FONT=&quot](a nil value)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]sim_combat.script:950: attempt to index a nil value[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]sim_board.script:688: attempt to index local 'obj' (a nil value)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]smart_terrain.script:288: attempt to call method 'clear_smart_terrain' (a nil value)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]bind_monster.script:72: attempt to index field '?'[/FONT][FONT=&quot](a nil value)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]xr_effects.script:1607: attempt to index field '?'[/FONT][FONT=&quot](a nil value)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- ! [/FONT][FONT=&quot][LUA][ERROR] ERROR:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]There is no task with entity_id(_g.script:973: bad argument 2 to 'format' (string expected, got nil))[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- ! [/FONT][FONT=&quot][LUA][ERROR] ERROR:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]error. val_smart_terrain_5_0_freedom_antenna(_g.script:973: bad argument 2 to 'format' (string expected, got nil))[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]fixed crash (task_objects.script:2231: attempt to call global 'blowout_hit_with_pp_and_cam_effectors' (a nil value))[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]fixed crash (ERROR:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Invalid AI map at kamp point [mar_smart_terrain_6_8_kamp_1](_g.script:973: bad argument 2 to 'format' (string expected, got nil)))[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]fixed crash (sim_combat.script:429: attempt to index local 'comander' (a nil value))[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]fixed crash (task_objects.script:580: attempt to concatenate field 'id' (a nil value))[/FONT]

Has anyone here tested .04 saves with this new patch? I just want to be sure and not have to reinstall the game again.

I just sold my artifacts which increase max weight as they weren't working, and I see it is fixed in this patch. :(

I am happy about the patch fixing the issue with random faction members being hostile to you. During one play session, I ran into the freedom base and noticed one member appeared red on my radar and when I ran by he opened fire.

I really wish artifacts would respawn. On my second playthrough, I cant get a bubble artifact to save my life. I keep getting the kolobok over and over.

Has anyone here tested .04 saves with this new patch? I just want to be sure and not have to reinstall the game again.
I just started to play the game and had a few saves under the .04 patch and with the new .05 patch they still work.

I just started to play the game and had a few saves under the .04 patch and with the new .05 patch they still work.

Thanks, good to know. I'll patch it tonight.

Did anyone have trouble at Yantar doing the mission for the scientist? Jesus, it was difficult, an endless supply of zombies lined up in 10's. In the end I managed to scrap past and made it to The Red Forest!

The scientist bit was either bugged or just gay, for me. As soon as I completed the mission 'defend the scientists' camp' I got it again, endlessly. I ended up just leaving them to die.

The one where you have to take the MG off the tank and return it to the guy, too. He wouldn't let me give it to him.

My major headache/freak-out in the game is walking into an area after a zone loads & all of a sudden an emission kicks up. Getting to the nearest "safe" structure while carrying a ton of ammo & guns sucks horribly. It's the one thing in the game that gets my pulse worked up. :D Last night, I just wiped out the renegades protecting the bridge. I'm amazed at the reward for doing it though... 50K rubles & an FT 200M. The game is going great but now I'm going try to figure out how to make best of it since I have a SEVA suit now. Is it Limansk that won't allow you to go back & explore? If so, I'll be exploring a long while before continuing the storyline.

My major headache/freak-out in the game is walking into an area after a zone loads & all of a sudden an emission kicks up. Getting to the nearest "safe" structure while carrying a ton of ammo & guns sucks horribly. It's the one thing in the game that gets my pulse worked up. :D Last night, I just wiped out the renegades protecting the bridge. I'm amazed at the reward for doing it though... 50K rubles & an FT 200M. The game is going great but now I'm going try to figure out how to make best of it since I have a SEVA suit now. Is it Limansk that won't allow you to go back & explore? If so, I'll be exploring a long while before continuing the storyline.

I had exactly the same issue when lugging a shitload of assault rifles back to the Duty base to sell (I didn't make it!). Emissions always seem to happen when you're heavy! Good stuff anyway it gets your heart pumping.

The SEVA suit is superb, I bought it early on (on cpt.whistlepants recommendation) Provides excellent protection but costs a lot to fix up if it gets damaged. I have upgraded to all 5 artifact slots, extra kevlar protection and second layer protection. I think my SEVA suit is worth around 43,000RU! I'm still using a Viper 5 that I upgraded to the hilt, I still beats most of the other weapons. I really like the new upgrade options, it allows you to turn poor weapons into good ones - it adds a further dimension to the game

I have finally upgraded to a widescreen, looking forward to trying it out tonight!! I hope I won't have to turn the settings down at 1680 too much! ;)

Where does STALKER store saved files I want to back up my current game before I apply the new patch.

its in the Public Documents folder for XP & Vista

Vista - C:\Users\Public\Documents\STALKER-STCS
XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\My Documents\STALKER-STCS <- I think that's right but I don't have XP installed

Patch is out and it wont break your saves if you go from .04-.05 according to GSC boards, I would backup saves to be sure though.

http://stalker.deepsilver.com/patches.php?lang=eng

I'm still at work and haven't tried the patch yet. Some of you may want to read this thread before you patch. http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr&lang=en

Thanks for the link. The second version is the patch for the "download version." That refers to Steam... correct?

EDIT: Ok, I couldn't wait, so I downloaded it and tried it. I get the error message "You already have the update to version [1.000300] installed. It includes all previous updates.

No update required."

No update my ass. I've stopped playing the game for a week now because of the game running so precariously sloppy. Constantly reloading older saved games to get around script errors got old pretty fast.

Any ideas about a Steam update?

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\STALKER-SHOC or -STCS. Kind of goofy.

[EDIT] Oops, beaten. Didn't see the newer page.

I really enjoy this came, im gonna have to pick up shadow of cherenobyl after this one

one question tho
I installed this game but my computer got shut off before I could enter the serial, is there a way I can enter the serial without having to reinstall the game?

I really enjoy this came, im gonna have to pick up shadow of cherenobyl after this one

one question tho
I installed this game but my computer got shut off before I could enter the serial, is there a way I can enter the serial without having to reinstall the game?

Did you try to run the game and see if it prompted you for it?

Thanks for the link. The second version is the patch for the "download version." That refers to Steam... correct?

EDIT: Ok, I couldn't wait, so I downloaded it and tried it. I get the error message "You already have the update to version [1.000300] installed. It includes all previous updates.

No update required."

No update my ass. I've stopped playing the game for a week now because of the game running so precariously sloppy. Constantly reloading older saved games to get around script errors got old pretty fast.

Any ideas about a Steam update?

LOL, you didn't read the patch notes. That was not for Steam. You do know steam applies patches for you,right? Steam patch isn't out yet.;)

LOL, you didn't read the patch notes. That was not for Steam. You do know steam applies patches for you,right? Steam patch isn't out yet.;)

I didn't read the patch notes. Guess I should have! Just assumed "digital download" was the same as the Steam version. What other digital download version is there? Maybe I should just get it on torr... errr, you know what I mean.

The game is not fun to play as it stands for me now. I really regret pre-purchasing on Steam rather than walking into the store to get it. When Left 4 Dead comes out, I hope it will be a much smoother transaction.

I didn't read the patch notes. Guess I should have! Just assumed "digital download" was the same as the Steam version. What other digital download version is there? Maybe I should just get it on torr... errr, you know what I mean.

Direct2Drive.

Digital download patches are for sources like Direct2Drive (downloaded digital distribution), not Steam (centralized server-to-client digital distribution).

Edit: posted after above post

This game is pissing me off. I'm really far into it and it is starting to crash to desktop almost like clockwork. No matter where I'm at, or what I'm doing, it will crash after a few minutes. So I load an ealier save and after about the same amount of time has passed, I get a CTD. Freakin' killin' me! Steam needs to get this update out NOW. This is a really fun game when it's working.

This game is pissing me off. I'm really far into it and it is starting to crash to desktop almost like clockwork. No matter where I'm at, or what I'm doing, it will crash after a few minutes. So I load an ealier save and after about the same amount of time has passed, I get a CTD. Freakin' killin' me! Steam needs to get this update out NOW. This is a really fun game when it's working.

I am amazed that you and I are the only ones outraged about this in the last few pages.

Yea, mine was working great until I met with the mercs in military warehouses. Killed everybody and getting ready to activate the antenna and poof. ctd.........load a save from that area and instant ctd..........load an earlier save and it goes longer but after a few minutes ctd.......

sigh

and I bought the goddamned, motherfucking, fucked up, piece of shit, bullshit fucking Steam version and still don't have a patch. I don't care what you say (cough cough Kyle) I will never buy another non-Valve game off of Steam. What a poke in the eyes this was. To top it off.........activation limits. From Steam?? wtf

I wanna play this game so bad I'm tempted to go to BB, pay twice, and just get the retail version and patch it.

hell, who knows if the patch even fixes the problem I have.......

and ATI drivers for this game........don't get me started.

disgusted

Are you all playing a different game to me? I've just met Forester and I'm still wearing some shagged-out nasty little jacket that gives one or two protection for everything except PSI-emissions, and I get no blowouts except the fake ones at the scientists' base at Yantar. I have stacks of artifacts that I chewed through about fifty medkits to get because my suit is poo, but I can't equip them because my suit is poo. Am I jut not far enough into the game?

Are you all playing a different game to me? I've just met Forester and I'm still wearing some shagged-out nasty little jacket that gives one or two protection for everything except PSI-emissions, and I get no blowouts except the fake ones at the scientists' base at Yantar. I have stacks of artifacts that I chewed through about fifty medkits to get because my suit is poo, but I can't equip them because my suit is poo. Am I jut not far enough into the game?
You're almost at the end. Sell some artifacts and get a SEVA suit, then upgrade it. Get a nice gun. Then continue.

No idea why you don't get any blowouts, I probably had 10 or 15 through the entire game.

I'm currently at the point of starting Limansk with a modded FT 200M (F-2000 EGLM), modded Vintar BC (VSS Vintorez), modded Bulat armor suit, modded SEVA suit, & SVUmk2 (Dragunov SVU). I can't recall what shotgun & pistol that I have though, which are both modded.

I am amazed that you and I are the only ones outraged about this in the last few pages.

Yea, mine was working great until I met with the mercs in military warehouses. Killed everybody and getting ready to activate the antenna and poof. ctd.........load a save from that area and instant ctd..........load an earlier save and it goes longer but after a few minutes ctd.......

sigh

and I bought the goddamned, motherfucking, fucked up, piece of shit, bullshit fucking Steam version and still don't have a patch. I don't care what you say (cough cough Kyle) I will never buy another non-Valve game off of Steam. What a poke in the eyes this was. To top it off.........activation limits. From Steam?? wtf

I wanna play this game so bad I'm tempted to go to BB, pay twice, and just get the retail version and patch it.

hell, who knows if the patch even fixes the problem I have.......

and ATI drivers for this game........don't get me started.

disgusted

I feel bad for you guys. Throughout the entire game, it crashed twice, and one of the two times, it wasn't the game, stupid nvidia driver issues.

I started my 2nd play through last night, with the 4870 x2 this time. Looks fantastic. No crashes thus far.

Back