• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

So, who's thinking about Borderlands?

I just realized I never actually coordinated with anyone to coop off the bat with.

Also 40%. Makes me feel like my PC's slow.
 
Ah, this is annoying. I'm currently deployed to Iraq. I can't purchase games on Steam because my account is registered in the US and the IP address for my internet comes out of Greece. So, I've been having my wife log into my Steam in the States and buy my games for me. Then I log in and download. So, I'm sitting here patiently watching the countdown timer on Steam. Since I started watching this game on Steam it's said Oct 26th. So, with less than 1 hour until unlock it suddenly changes to Oct 30th. The really burns me. The only reason I was buying this game was to kill some time until Dragon Age.
I want my money back.
 
Ah, this is annoying. I'm currently deployed to Iraq. I can't purchase games on Steam because my account is registered in the US and the IP address for my internet comes out of Greece. So, I've been having my wife log into my Steam in the States and buy my games for me. Then I log in and download. So, I'm sitting here patiently watching the countdown timer on Steam. Since I started watching this game on Steam it's said Oct 26th. So, with less than 1 hour until unlock it suddenly changes to Oct 30th. The really burns me. The only reason I was buying this game was to kill some time until Dragon Age.
I want my money back.

have you tried switching Steam servers to a US based one?

Thanks for your service BTW!
 
Ah, this is annoying. I'm currently deployed to Iraq. I can't purchase games on Steam because my account is registered in the US and the IP address for my internet comes out of Greece. So, I've been having my wife log into my Steam in the States and buy my games for me. Then I log in and download. So, I'm sitting here patiently watching the countdown timer on Steam. Since I started watching this game on Steam it's said Oct 26th. So, with less than 1 hour until unlock it suddenly changes to Oct 30th. The really burns me. The only reason I was buying this game was to kill some time until Dragon Age.
I want my money back.

I was stationed in Japan, so I can completely relate. Difference in release dates, different prices, limited selection, ugh. Ended up setting up a proxy service to get proper access to steam stuff among other things.
 
Jesus Tap dancing christ the install is slow...

Purchased mine at Gamestop. It installed lightning quick got 98%, and says 2 minutes to go. Now it is almost dead stopped. That was 30 minutes ago.

I have been watching my network meter widget (Win7)... There's a whole lot of activity, but at EXTREMELY SLOW SPEEDS. Hardly any CPU activity.:confused: Apparently I'm uploading data at 30KB, but only downloading at 5KB. It's decrypting something I guess.
 
have you tried switching Steam servers to a US based one?

Thanks for your service BTW!

How do I do that on Steam? It's decrypting now. I went to our S6 shop (I'm the LAN manager for my battalion) and hooked it up to our SPAWAR line - turns out those are US IP addresses.
 
Ah, this is annoying. I'm currently deployed to Iraq. I can't purchase games on Steam because my account is registered in the US and the IP address for my internet comes out of Greece. So, I've been having my wife log into my Steam in the States and buy my games for me. Then I log in and download. So, I'm sitting here patiently watching the countdown timer on Steam. Since I started watching this game on Steam it's said Oct 26th. So, with less than 1 hour until unlock it suddenly changes to Oct 30th. The really burns me. The only reason I was buying this game was to kill some time until Dragon Age.
I want my money back.

You're lucky enough to download anything close to that size.
 
OK..I'm trying to play with some friends, we're logged into Gamespy...and whenever we try to connect it fails. Any ideas?
 
Back
Top