So, who's thinking about Borderlands?

Well, I was able to join games earlier, but every time I open the server browser now the game locks up.

Anyone around lvl 19 want to play?

Well, I was able to join games earlier, but every time I open the server browser now the game locks up.

Anyone around lvl 19 want to play?

It's locking up for me as well now. Quite a sad situation for a fresh game.

You can skip them.

Open; Documents\My Games\Borderlands\WillowGame\Config\WillowEngine.i ni

Change this;
[FullScreenMovie]
StartupMovies=2K_logo
StartupMovies=Gearbox_logo
StartupMovies=NVidia
StartupMovies=Loading
SkippableMovies=2K_logo
SkippableMovies=Gearbox_logo
SkippableMovies=Attract
SkippableMovies=NVidia

To this;
[FullScreenMovie]
;StartupMovies=2K_logo
;StartupMovies=Gearbox_logo
;StartupMovies=NVidia
;StartupMovies=Loading
;SkippableMovies=2K_logo
;SkippableMovies=Gearbox_logo
;SkippableMovies=Attract
;SkippableMovies=NVidia

Basically just put a ; in front of every line.

This is not working for me, still get the video every time I try to make my second character...

Damn. This game really is a piece of work. It's fun when I can actually play it. I reverted drivers back to whatever it was before 9.1 (8.7 I think) and it still shuts down.

Just look up! ;)

The FOV was giving me a headache, here are the adjustment instructions:

my documents\games\borderlands\willowgame\config\

open willowinput.ini
add
Bindings=(Name="F10",Command="FOV 90",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
add it amongst the other bindings, change the fov to whatever you want and switch it by the corresponding keys

i hope theres a more permanent solution to this. everytime i exit out of the vehicle, the FOV switches back to stock and i have to press the FOV bind again, really annoying.

Well, after changing the FOV I can say I'll be enjoying the game.

The first 10 minutes I played was in super zoom mode haha... I put my monitor as far from my face as I could to try and compensate (thinking low FOV was for consoles which are on TV's) but it did not help at all.

Anyways, fun game. Like the graphic style.

Very nice artstyle.Rig in sig running maxed @ 60fps rocksteady.DLed the Nvidia SLI patch v3 which includes an optimization for BL and a few other games..Having a blast with it and will do co-op later..

Last edited:
My game keeps crashing... I do have my rig OC, but any other game I play is fine. It just doesn't shut down and go to desktop like most games when it's too much, but instead gives me an error and then closes.

Me neither :mad: The server browser locks up on me too when I try to join a game.

Same here, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one. Hopefully that gets patched fast. I did get through once but the lag was insane. It would be nice to see your ping on a server.

Just got he error again... just says "Borderlands has stopped working... Windows is checking blah blah blah." Can't even play it even 10 minutes without it crashing.

Figured out that my PSU wasn't strong enough...so ATM, I'm using a second PSU just to power my 4870.

Now I wanna know how to get the mercenary weapons pack.

No problems so far and the FOV trick made me enjoy the game quite a bit more. Getting into it now.

borderlands200910261813.png

borderlands200910261812.png

borderlands200910261812a.png

What does everyone think about this game? From the moment the game was released I was hooked straight away and I was playing only SP, the reviews say that SP is boring as hell, I found it to be quite addicting and in the 3 hours that I played I made it to level 10 and got the point in the game where you finally are able to do multiple quests at once.

My only gripe with the game is I like to have my sensitivity low while using max DPI... in this game I have the game's sensitivity at the absolute lowest(the bar is set all the way to the left) and my DPI is only at 800 when I play, anything over and everything becomes waaaaaay to sensitive. To put things in perspective, I game with 0.6 sens and 5700 DPI in CS:S and I do 1 inch to make 180. Although that's considered pretty sensitive by many, I am a high sens player.. but in Borderlands the sensitivity is just waaaaay to high... I am talking 1 cm 180's with the lowest in game sensitivity and 5700 DPI

My only gripe with the game is I like to have my sensitivity low while using max DPI... DPI
Change the "MouseSensitivity" value in the BaseInput.ini file in the game installation folder. There is also a 'MouseSensitivity' value in the in the WillowInput.ini in the 'my documents' folder, which I think is a multiplier of the MouseSensitivity value in the BaseInput.ini. Editing just one of them should be sufficient.

When I try to play on steam it says game is currently unavailable try again later? Wtf Anyone else having this issue?

How do you voice chat in thsi game? lol

Seems the voice chat turns itself on when subject to voice. You have to speak either with the mic close to your mouth or a bit loud for it to pick up. I'd much prefer push to talk though.

This game is nice but man the textures are very low res. Looking at any object close up looks terrible, very washed out.

I was having a blast on single player until i got stuck behind a water or gas tank of some kind :( .

I am about 4 hours in.

restart computer
restart steam
decrypt game files
install direct x...

uugh...

Back