• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

So, who's thinking about Borderlands?

I myself am loving single player.

One Major gripe I have is the vehicle controls, they blow beyond belief.
 
97872727.jpg

Looks like the lady finger. I made a Siren too :cool:
 
Last edited:
OK, I posted the fov trick, and I can't get it to work for the life of me, but everyone else seems to be doing it just fine. Anyone have any luck doing it with windows 7 and cat 9.10's?
 
FCKCKKAKAHAHHAHA.
Omfgahd, I love this game. So far I have a purple combat rifle (isn't purple rare?) and an orange sniper rifle.
These rare weapons look so freaking cool.

I had no idea I had the sniper rifle; I just checked my inventory and BAM. It's there :DDD
I guess I must've picked it up when I was spamming the pick up button frantically for ammo, haha.

But I need to go study now for my school. And try to find a job. I got laid off today.
God...just my luck. Bittersweet day.
 
OK, I posted the fov trick, and I can't get it to work for the life of me, but everyone else seems to be doing it just fine. Anyone have any luck doing it with windows 7 and cat 9.10's?

Try the willowengine.ini just find the fov line and edit it.
 
Just started and played for an hour. Cool game! Runs like a scaled dog on my sig rig at maximum settings. Doesn't seem to have an SLI profile however but doesn't seem to need it either.
 
Ha I was able to play with VPN software, I need AA and VSync!

But overall it felt like its gonna be a great ride .
 
I played for a few hours coop till me and a few guys got stuck on the same level for way too long. I can't remember the level name, but its the next level after turning off the first of three turbines, then you teleport to the next map to turn off the second turbine.

Theres far too many heavy boss', we got up the hill and back into the corner where there are 6-10 baddass boss' with rifles. We all just ran out of money and ammo trying to kill everything.

I am a level 12 hunter, don't really have any special guns. What is the best way to upgrade to better guns? I have the Long sniper rifle, some MSGs, a couple rifles and pistols. At that level, with the guns we had, it just seemed impossible.

But, up until that point, I was having a lot of fun :)
 
Try the willowengine.ini just find the fov line and edit it.
This file already has FOV=90 in it...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damn, I just finished a marathon run 9 hours.


HOLY TITTY LICKER. THE FOV NEEDS TO BE FIXED NOW.
I just looked away from the screen a minute ago and literally ran to the toilet to vomit. I think I'm cross eyed. I will be attempting the FOV hotkey fix someone mentioned earlier in thread.

Other than the FOV issue...
Game fucking rocks, This is how Fallout 3 should have combined the FPS and RPG elements. Fallout 3 is better in some things (graphics, menu options). While this game has the multiplayer and better fight mechanics and physics.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone having crashing issues while playing the game? My roomie and I went out and picked it up, both installed, and while playing multi (we didn't have any trouble getting a game going over the internet with friends) the game crashes (throws a brown/white screen on his LCD) and hard locks his comp.

He's on:
E8400
2GB RAM
8800GT w/ latest drivers
WinXP w/SP3

We've updated all of his drivers, chkdsk'd, reinstalled, etc. There's no stutter, audio glitch, or anything like that and no particular event that sets of his crash. We just play, and eventually his system hard locks.
 
Can someone explain this FOV issue? I'm not seeing it. The game makes me tear up more than other games if I stare at the screen for too long..but that is because I don't blink. Lol.
 
Can someone explain this FOV issue? I'm not seeing it. The game makes me tear up more than other games if I stare at the screen for too long..but that is because I don't blink. Lol.
Maybe your eyes adjust better.

Here's how it feels to me:

It feels like my head is 2 feet out in front of my body and I have peripheral blinders on (like those people make horses wear).

Another way to think of it...
Imagine your running around normally in Call of Duty MW. That's normal FOV.
Now imagine you are running around zoomed down your barrel with one of those Red Dot sites. THAT IS HOW THIS GAME FEELS.


Here's what someone posted earlier.
But when you setup the hotkey to switch the FOV to 90, this is what you get:

Before:
borderlandsorigfov.jpg


After:
borderlands90fov.jpg


Only change between the two screenshots was hitting F10. Ok, back to this fun game :)
 
Moves the view out more. There's a screen shot someone posted. Makes a HUGE difference!
 
Change the "MouseSensitivity" value in the BaseInput.ini file in the game installation folder. There is also a 'MouseSensitivity' value in the in the WillowInput.ini in the 'my documents' folder, which I think is a multiplier of the MouseSensitivity value in the BaseInput.ini. Editing just one of them should be sufficient.

This is really weird. I have changed the values in WillowInput.ini from 60 to 0.6, saved my changes and loaded up the game, same sensitivity... then changed the Value back to 60 and then changed the BaseInput.ini 60 to 0.6 and then saved, loaded up the game... same thing. Okay, then I change BOTH file's values from 60 to 0.6 and same thing... finally I figured it must be how the game reads the values, maybe it interprets 0.6 the same as 60. So I went ahead and did the same steps I did before but with the values of "1" SAME THING, it's as if the game disregards my changes and just goes with it has been all along.

Oh yeah about the FOV thing, someone mentioned before that the FOV is already at 90... what is this "hot key to 90 FOV" thing people are talking about?
 
In the ini file it says the FOV is 90 when it clearly isn't...

The hot-key sets it to a true 90 or higher...

But now it seems to be broken on my machine but I don't have time to deal with it... it was literally working 20 minutes ago...
 
This does absolutely nothing for me. Is there a specific area to put the line of code, or can I just put it with all the other bindings?

I've figured out that the Steam version behaves a bit differently. I'm trying to figure it out on my own, I'll try to have something up tomorrow if no one beats me to it. I plan to play this at 4800x1200 soon, so not fixing the FOV isn't an option. :p
 
This does absolutely nothing for me. Is there a specific area to put the line of code, or can I just put it with all the other bindings?

Here's what I did,

Documents --> My Games --> Borderlands --> WillowGame --> Config --> WillowInput

Copy and paste this:

Bindings=(Name="F10",Command="FOV 90",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)

Right below this:

bEnableMouseSmoothing=true

save then exit, close the folder too. The settings didn't go into effect when I had my folder open, so just close it for safe measure.

Launch BorderLands and when you're finally in-game press f10... you'll catch that the game kinda "zooms out" that is the FOV adjustment happening.
 
the command works but screws up my controls, meaning to say that I cant even move my guy. :mad:
 
Any way to make the FOV stick rather than having to enable after each time it resets (game start, menu, etc)?
 
Awesome game so far. I too had to use a VPN to get past the 3 day delay, since apparently only the US is North America.

AFAIK, there is no other way to fix the FoV besides keybinding.

Also, the steam forums mention using D3DOverrider to force AA with ATI cards, but there is no option to force AA. And renaming the .exe doesn't work with steam :(
 
I've figured out that the Steam version behaves a bit differently. I'm trying to figure it out on my own, I'll try to have something up tomorrow if no one beats me to it. I plan to play this at 4800x1200 soon, so not fixing the FOV isn't an option. :p
I manually edited the WillowEngine.ini file and set the FOV to 106 degrees. Works fine for me with the Steam version.
 
Does this game seem like a console port to anyone else? The UI screams console port, as do the limited graphical options, poorly implemented mouse controls, FOV, lack of lean, etc..

I played for about 45 minutes last night and yes, it is fun so far. But for a game supposedly designed for PC first and then ported to consoles - it just feels like the devs were blowing smoke up our asses.
 
Does this game seem like a console port to anyone else? The UI screams console port, as do the limited graphical options, poorly implemented mouse controls, FOV, lack of lean, etc..

I played for about 45 minutes last night and yes, it is fun so far. But for a game supposedly designed for PC first and then ported to consoles - it just feels like the devs were blowing smoke up our asses.

I played for 6 hours straight tonight with 3 friends and I love the game. I can't remember the last time I played a game on day 1 for so long with no breaks. Maybe wow? lol Anyway great game but it does reak of consolitis. I used the so called FOV fix here but it doesn't stick. As soon as you run or do anything you lose it and have to retoogle it. It sucks. Other than that its awesome fun. Oh and No AA support in game really? Come on.
 
I'm up to a level 23 hunter, friend is a lvl 23 siren(sp)...Every weapon in the shops or any we find completely suck..
 
Very fun game, but it definitely reeks of consolitis. Simply pulling up the menu is enough to get a feel for how bad it is. It's annoying, but still doesn't stop me from enjoying the game! :)
 
I'm up to a level 23 hunter, friend is a lvl 23 siren(sp)...Every weapon in the shops or any we find completely suck..

Gotta check them deals in the shops brah, some of them are really good. I bought a shield off of one of the deals I used for 11 levels.
 
Do the other classes tend to level up faster? Or does the multiplayer help? I don't know how else to speed up the leveling process...95% of my kills are from critical hit headshots.

I'm soldier class level 18 right now. Been playing since 2pm cst yesterday on single player. Stopped for about an hour to eat and implement the FOV toggle fix.

Does all your stats, weapons, missions, cash, etc. from single player carry over to the multiplayer side also? Or do I have to start all over at level 1?
 
Do the other classes tend to level up faster? Or does the multiplayer help? I don't know how else to speed up the leveling process...95% of my kills are from critical hit headshots.

I'm soldier class level 18 right now. Been playing since 2pm cst yesterday on single player. Stopped for about an hour to eat and implement the FOV toggle fix.

Does all your stats, weapons, missions, cash, etc. from single player carry over to the multiplayer side also? Or do I have to start all over at level 1?

Carries over. :D
 
This is really a great game online and offline.

Some folks had said that playing single player by yourself could be boring. That has not been my experience at all. I think this game does everything quite well.

Highly recommended!



I played for 6 hours straight tonight with 3 friends and I love the game. I can't remember the last time I played a game on day 1 for so long with no breaks. Maybe wow? lol Anyway great game but it does reak of consolitis. I used the so called FOV fix here but it doesn't stick. As soon as you run or do anything you lose it and have to retoogle it. It sucks. Other than that its awesome fun. Oh and No AA support in game really? Come on.

Make sure you click on properties for that .ini file after you set things the way you want and check on "read only."
 
Back
Top